[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HYPE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-08-27_01h49_38.png (18KB, 542x219px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-27_01h49_38.png
18KB, 542x219px
Who else is excited for this masterpiece of a game to launch in 2183? I sure am HYPED

Archive link:
http://archive.is/Si9TN

Actual link:
http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-expressive-faces-space-fashion-and-boldly-going-beyond-30/?utm_content=buffer0d650&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb
>>
File: SAD!.png (189KB, 2240x246px) Image search: [Google]
SAD!.png
189KB, 2240x246px
>>388366758
By the time the game releases it would be set in the past
>>
>>388367250
tfw it's still in the early alpha stages, 5 years later
kek
>>
every time i hear about this game they seem to have added yet another huge pile of planned features to their game

it seems that they are coming up with new shit to add to their game at a way faster pace than they can actually add shit to their game
>>
>>388367486
More than anything else, the feature bloat is what makes me look at this whole thing with a jaundiced eye.

Believe it or not, I think Star Citizen will eventually be released in some form. However, I also think it will be a massive disappointment to all of the "true believers" who invested so much time and money into the project and will destroy Chris Roberts' career. It'll likely take a large portion of crowdfunding's credibility and appeal with it.
>>
>>388367763
>implying he'll give a shit about his reputation in his trillion dollar home
there are people who have donated thousands of dollars for a glorified tech demo 6 years in the making, that's just baffling to me
>>
File: 1503533014544.png (30KB, 710x577px) Image search: [Google]
1503533014544.png
30KB, 710x577px
Post YFW you didn't back this scam.
>>
>>388366758
honestly what is the big draw of games like this?
>>
>>388370335
freelancer (2001) was a pretty GOAT game

space engineers is a great game that suffers from shitty performance issues and perpetual early-access, but the feel of going from your base on earth to deep space is pretty cool
>>
>>388370469
Freelancer was 2003 and while it was
>breddy gud
Certain things were questionable and rushed.
I for one can still not get over the fact that there are """"""planets"""""" smaller than ingame ship models
>>
>>388370686
fuck was it really?

regardless, it was pretty impressive for the time and that multiplayer was SO fucking good

>I for one can still not get over the fact that there are """"""planets"""""" smaller than ingame ship models
In freelancer? or is this an actual thing in SC?
>>
>>388366758
What would be the better option: Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous?
>>
>>388367763
Do you think the released game will finally open their eyes, or will they double down on their denial?
>>
>>388367860
They're donating to their own magical expectations.
>>
>>388370909
In Freelancer the planets were so out of scale it got comical. Stars were even worse.
I believe in one system in Liberty space there was a really small moon/planet which diameter was about the same as a the bigger NPC ships.
I remember parking my Shire(Biggish freighter) from Discovery mod next to it and it was just barely bigger.
I know that you can't have 1:1 scale but at least 4 times the size could have aged must better.
Then again they would also have to scale up the whole system 4, maybe even more times so it doesn't look so cramped.
>>
>>388370686
>tfw warhammer 40k of all fucking things actually has more "realistic" spaceships than what's supposed to be a realistic space game
topkek

>>388371206
these are people that are defending what's basically 160 million dollar tech demo that shows literally 1% of the promised content, they're fucking delusional. Nothing will get them to change their minds short of the devs straight up scrapping the "game"
>>
>>388371307
I haven't played the game in a really long time so the game's not too fresh in my mind, but I never really felt like this was the case. I mean sure it didn't have the sense of grandeur that a game like KSP gives me when I achieve orbit, but I can understand that they had to work with the technology they had.

Though yeah I guess it did feel more like 0G dogfighting than anything else.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.