[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wow ffxiv

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: mmo.png (505KB, 459x445px) Image search: [Google]
mmo.png
505KB, 459x445px
which is best for doing raids and dungeons?
go

https://strawpoll.com/ah4kck17
>>
ff for casual pug raids
wow if you want to play on a scheduled with your guild
>>
I'm sorry to say this, but in terms of dungeons and raids, wow wins. The fights in FFXIV are too simple, because it lacks various amount of CC which allow broader tactics or even skipping whole part of the dungeon. Dungeons in WoW are bigger and more open spaced on top of that. WoW loses in the graphics and soundtrack department though, which is a bummer, you really feel the old engine there.
>>
>>388368391
>WoW loses in the graphics department though
This is one of the few things I absolutely disagree with in WoW/ff14 comparisons. I'd rather have a nice artstyle over the korean MMO inspired blandness
>>
>>388366151
not done raids seriously in any of them, but wow wins in dungeons as they are not relevant in any way in ffxiv after you've reached max level
>>
>>388366151
for raiding: ffxiv
for green fire: wow
>>
I want to say WoW is better because they have more fights per tier but non of the fights are even remotely interesting and the lack of music, modern day graphics and general aesthetics of WoW killed it for me after I started raiding on ffxiv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYbIg50hg_8

This fight is so fucking cool. WoW needs to take a note on how ffxiv does raids.
>>
>>388370589
how does someone who has only played wow since its release, start a new mmo? ive always wanted to try 14, i used to love the old FF games, like 4-10, but after putting 10 years into a stupid game, its always been hard for me to want to start something different
>>
>>388371089
By stepping away from WoW for a little and realizing that you dont like WoW at all and you're only playing it because of a sunken cost (time works too) fallacy. Its just a game and you dont owe WoW anything. Quitting to try other games is 100% normal.

I had a fucking blast leveling through ffxiv, and I usually have a ton of fun starting off in any MMO because I dont care for the end game when I first start off, I just treat it mostly like a single player game. Then when I hit max level, it becomes another game entirely and I work my way up to end game and enjoy it from there. FFXIV is literally catered towards people subbing and unsubbing and the game has huge content updates every 3 months with an expansion every 2 years. Just sub for the month or two of a new patch, unsub the third month (unless you want to keep playing) and come back at the start of a patch to enjoy it. You can also stay subbed and keep contact with all of your friends in game but then the game feels like WoW at that point.
>>
>>388369272
Fucking this. The artstyle is great. Don't really understand the soundtrack part either.
>>
>>388371089
By buying the game, downloading it, and running it. It really isn't that difficult.
>>
>>388366151
In term of dungeons WoW wins.
FF blow wow out of the water when it comes to raid tho.
>>
>>388371089
>>388373926
Hell you don't even need to buy it, you can just download the free trial and play a decent chunk of the pre-expansions story.
>>
>>388366151
>>388368391

Dungeons in FF14 are braindead timesinks which are carefully crafted to be idiot proof so that even the most incompetent of retards can get through them.

The raids however are by far the best in the industry and makes the ones in WoW look utterly pathetic in comparison.

Not only does every raid boss in FF14 have interesting and unique gameplay mechanics, but the major ones also all have at least one if not several unique theme songs, one of which is usually a vocal piece that kicks in when shit gets real and the boss uses its showstopping ultimate attack. Think Metal Gear Rising and you'll know how awesome that shit is.
>>
>>388370589

>Not posting a video that has the intro

One fucking job. You retard.
>>
>>388374272
Dungeons, and by proxy the story, are designed for casuals. Its raids are for the 5% that actually do them. Its a relatively good balance to let casuals see all content and keep them paying.
>>
This is simple
Casual:
FFXIV
VERY casual-Hardcore:
WoW

This applies to both raids and dungeons
>>
>>388374272
>interesting and unique mechanics
They recycle mechanics all the time and every single FFXIV boss fight is in either a circular or square arena. The presentation and music and what make the fights feel more engaging.
>>
>>388366151
Go back to 2015 and do Gordias
>>
File: 1333986173807.jpg (60KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1333986173807.jpg
60KB, 300x259px
Honestly? I've played both and I'm currently playing FFXIV again for Stormblood and I still have to go for WoW. In terms of story and lore, even despite their blunders WoW is overall superior. The only high point FFXIV had was Heavensward in terms of writing, everything else is very stereotypical and predictable and all post HW characters aren't particularly great or memorable. WoW is better as well in the races you can pick and the history and lore behind them all, to varying degrees. But even the much forgotten Gnomes or screwed over Trolls have a very distinct feel to them compared to Miqo'te or any other FFXIV race. In terms of content, WoW obviously blows FFXIV out of the park as it's had numerous expansions. Current content only though? WoW is again superior. FFXIV is very cookie cutter and there aren't any memorable dungeons or raids or even bosses. Also the PvP in FFXIV sucks terribly and so does the side content. Classes in WoW also feel much more engaging and enjoyable than those in FFXIV, especially with recent class halls. They also feel better balanced, though that is an ever changing thing, but WoW has it much more nailed down as you'd expect.

The only thing I can say FFXIV tops WoW in is how pretty it is, but I still vastly prefer the design and aesthetic of WoW. Maybe a side point but the fact you can do all jobs on one character is great. I hate making new characters just for other classes in WoW. Also the crafting is rather nice and involved. FFXIV at least matches WoW when it comes to the soundtracks.

FFXIV isn't a terrible MMO by any means, you can tell the big budget is there. But as an MMO it is nowhere near WoW in terms of anything that really matters. It honestly feels pretty generic at times and very bland and lacking in soul.
>>
File: 1495801527483.gif (856KB, 500x247px) Image search: [Google]
1495801527483.gif
856KB, 500x247px
>>388375398
I agree with you completely
>>
Wow just because there's once you're max level, which is real quick because the game starts you off at the start of Legion you can immediately start gearing up and raiding.

FFXIV just has too much shit to trudge through between starting the game and actually getting to start raiding.
>>
If all XIV raids where as challenging as gordias I would say XIV would win but now they are made piss easy
>>
>>388369272
>korean MMO inspired blandness

But Korean MMO's are knockoffs of Japanese anime, and FFXIV is *actual* Japanese anime.
>>
>>388368391
>WoW loses in the graphics and soundtrack department though
>soundtrack department
I'll fucking fight you, m8.
>>
File: 1476975680006.jpg (32KB, 491x358px) Image search: [Google]
1476975680006.jpg
32KB, 491x358px
>>388376031
>implying FFXIV doesn't have one of the greatest OSTs of the decade
>>
>>388376282
>the same final fantasy music you've had for the last 10 years
>rerecorded
>again!
>>
>>388376438
Wow you didn't play the game huh
>>
>>388376438

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IiOzi05IlA
>>
File: 234626266.jpg (86KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
234626266.jpg
86KB, 500x498px
>>
>>388376710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cKy5Qk0QMM

I like Locus more than Rise
>>
>>388376934
lots of people do, I might not just because of how much I savage raided
really desensitized to the song now
>>
File: 1494994334678.png (374KB, 787x619px) Image search: [Google]
1494994334678.png
374KB, 787x619px
>Someone from a different MMO says WoW raids are easy

That didn't go too well for the Wildstar "pros"
>>
>>388377231
They're both hype as fuck anyways
>SEEKING THE PEACE OF REASON
and
>SONIC BOOOOOM
are both fantastic intros
>>
>>388377369
top 100 in world first race seems on par to me, considering how many people play WoW
>>
File: 1491557957865.png (12KB, 764x217px) Image search: [Google]
1491557957865.png
12KB, 764x217px
>>388377597
That's top 100 when people were 2/10, so before the raid was open in Europe. This is their current rank.
>>
>>388377806
lmao
maybe they shouldve played a real mmo instead of wildstar then
>>
i want to play wow (never played it before) but i feel like it's far too late
>>
WoW right now. Stormblood was a shitty launch that didnt improve upon Heavensward at all. At least WoW learns to adapt and change each launch for good or worse.
>>
>>388377886
Wildstar had some tough raid content back in the day. These guys just sucked.
>>
Modern WoW is only marginally better than XIV in the actual RPG department of an MMO. There's absolutely no real freedom in XIV for character builds and gear is bland as fuck. No set items or set bonuses, can only customize gear with Materia, no enchants or other upgrades.

What I like about XIV is how chill it is and how even the basic casual content is pretty badass. All the primal fights are pretty fun and the extreme modes were challenging and fun to do. I haven't raided savage in XIV since the one shitshow in heavensward, can't remember which tier of Alex it was. Character creation in XIV is pretty nice and I think the glamour system is a bit better than transmog in certain ways.

Playing on private WoW servers though for pre-WoD content though, old WoW has XIV blown out of the water. The game is actually challenging and has you work for the things that people take for granted like new skills. Professions aren't as engaging as XIVs though.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.