[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lightweight PC games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: HLD_Screenshot_01_camp_1080.png (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Screenshot_01_camp_1080.png
122KB, 1920x1080px
What are some great lightweight PC games? Games that are just fun and colorful and whatnot.

I got tired of playing 3d stuffs for years and tried Hyper Light Drifter out on a whim and fell in love with it. I Also tried The Escapists and Undertale and liked both.
>>
I've been wasting my time lately with this game called Ticket to Earth. It's a weird mix of Bejeweeld with Fire Emblem. I dunno, I like it.
>>
You like puzzle games OP?
>>
any bullet hells
also just mentioning you can emulate a shit ton of consoles and arcade games
>>
>>388363540
Seems mobile gamey but I'll look further

>>388363828
I like puzzle games with unique gameplays like Prof. Layton or Escapists

>>388364003
I emulated a lot of games already, I'm just wondering what hidden gems PC has
>>
File: ABYSS ODYSSEY 1.jpg (104KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
ABYSS ODYSSEY 1.jpg
104KB, 666x666px
>>388363198
Do some research first. I'm not sure how good the port is.
>>
>>388364093
I would reccomend Spacechem but it doesnnt really have any story, it's pure puzzle.
Check it out though, original concept.
>>
>>388364093
You ever try spiderweb software games
I think its just 1 dude who makes them. Text heavy.
>>
FTL is great if you don't get asspained about heavy dicerolling.
>>
>>388363198
bastion
transistor
furi
maybe banner saga
>>
Stop playing feminine casual shit and pick up a real game like a fucking man you sissy ass faggot shithead cockkissing twink cunt flaming dick gobbling poofter fuck
>>
>>388364437
looks confusing as heck senpai but the steam review says 10/10 it should be good I guess.

>>388364632
I'm currently playing FTL, it really reminds me of Gunbuster I love it.

>>388364638
Thanks, will look into them.
>>
>>388364093
>Seems mobile gamey
That's because it is. I still liked it, though.
>>
>>388364861
You skipped me, faggot.
>>
>>388364686

Shit dude, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>388363198
ori and the blind forest, owlboy, shovelknight, night in the woods, undertale, stardew valley
>>
>>388364638 >>388363198
this, i backed HLD because it sort of reminded me of bastion and transistor. if you liked HLD a lot, you'll like those two as well
>>
>>388364861
If you really want to dive into RNG and permadeath, try playing an actual roguelike. DCSS is usually the beginner-recommended one, and it's free, like all real roguelikes.

https://crawl.develz.org/
>>
play else heart.break
>>
>>388364861
Don't worry, the game does a good job of introducing the components to you, the first levels are basically tutorials.
But yeah, the end is complicated as fuck. Got around 40 hours into it to finnish it.
>>
Another World
>>
>>388363198
>What are some great lightweight PC games? Games that are just fun and colorful and whatnot.
What does that even mean, aside from the colorful part? Not trolling
>>
File: ori.jpg (1007KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ori.jpg
1007KB, 1920x1080px
daily remind that there will never be another 2D platformer this beautiful.
>>
>>388365782

well, there;s a sequel coming out so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kPSl2vyu2Y
>>
File: 1456394815493.webm (3MB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1456394815493.webm
3MB, 640x512px
>>388364861
bastion and transistor are action games with some neat style to it. not too great in substance but enough to keep it enjoyable.
furi is great although lacking in a bit of content. it's straight boss rush game, with wonderful aesthetics and music
banner saga is a turn based rpg with a good artstyle and some oregon trail type mechanics. it's not great but it's worth a playthrough if you like the general genres it takes from.
another couple games you might enjoy is the Ys games. amazing action games, that sometimes get bogged down with the inbetween adventuring, but still amazing games non the less. start with oath or origin and work your way through.
Papers please isn't really aesthetic, but it's a fun little management game.
crypt of the necrodancer is a rhythm/dungeon crawler type of game. fun but shallow and short.
doorkickers is a squad tactics game, isometric and you can plan everything out from the start of the mission. have to think things through but it's extremely satisfying when things go as planned.
>>
Super Meat Boy
>>
>>388365569
Judging by the games he likes, it means he's a casual who likes vapid, shallow hipster-ish indie-styled games.
>>
>>388365927
CotN was awful as both a rhythm game and a dungeon crawler, the only part that you can consider good is the music which is entirely subjective. I mean, if you've never played a dungeon crawler or a rhythm game you might like it, but other than that, I can't fathom why anyone would recommend it.
>>
>>388366379
>I can't fathom why anyone would recommend it.
it wasn't amazing but like I said it was enjoyable, but shallow and short.
>>
>>388366889
but why?
>>
File: FTLSlider2.jpg (23KB, 616x353px) Image search: [Google]
FTLSlider2.jpg
23KB, 616x353px
>>388363198
How do you feel about sci-fi and roguelikes?
>>
>>388367279
things aren't always shit or amazing. they can be decent enough to have a little fun out of it and nothing more.
it has a decent soundtrack, moving to the rhythm of music was fun, and it had a shallow but still decent mix to the combat with the weapons.
>>
>>388367434
FTL is not a roguelike.

>>388367647
Sure, but I would put CotN firmly in the shit category, having played Oiratian erotic puppet games with better dungeon crawling. But to each their own.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.