[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I need some help with this game /v/, my friend said you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
So I need some help with this game /v/, my friend said you don't get a rogue in your party for a long while so that's what I made as the main character, but the thing that I can not understand is how enemy aggro works. Every fight enemies ignore the tank with high endurance in my group and they run straight to the mage in the back and down him instantly, same with my rogue they always go for him first even if I send in the fighter first and let him solo the fight for a few rounds for good measure. I ran out of money for camp supplies and have to keep loading saves because all my characters get downed every fight but the fighter, should I re-roll as a tank class instead? I love the game but I feel like I'm missing something with the combat. I really want to get into this game but losing every fight even on normal difficulty can get a bit annoying. Also general PoE thread I guess
>>
First off, have you gotten a full six man party yet? Edér, Aloth, Durance and two others?
>>
You need Eder to be your tank, but you get him right away in Gilded Vale. Now, what he has that prevents people from running past him is the metric called "engagements." He can hold two people on him at a time, but any excess will run past him. At levle 2 he can learn the talent "Hold the Line", increasing his engagements to 3. At level 3 he'll be able to learn the ability called "Defender" which will increase his engagements to 4 hostiles. Still, it might behoove you to work a secondary character into an off tank role as well if you're having troubles.
>>
>>388358840
you might want to read up on PoE's engagement system.

If you have Eder in your party, use the taunt ability and always have the defensive aura on. If you're getting overwhelmed, you might want to use an off-tank (damage+defense hybrid) to help your main tank; for this, you could hire a henchman

note that some enemies, like shades or spectres, are intentionally designed to target your weakest party members. Just be prepared for them, use taunt, crowd control and defensive abilities
>>
>>388359727
>>388359938

That makes more sense, I usually manage to make it all the way to the chanter guy before I'm stuck without gold or supplies and have to go back to a other save or try a new class. Follow up question, what are some good ways to manage conditions? As far as I know I can only remove stuff like broken ribs and other things that limit my endurance by resting but I really dont want to spend a camp supplies unless I really have to.
>>
>>388361072
Go back to town and sleep in the room that costs 0 cp then. Not tedious at all if you use the double speed feature.
>>
>>388361072
If you manage to fix the whole 'getting your ass kicked in every fight' issue, you won't have to worry about running out of camp supplies (so long as you don't waste them by resting just because one guy has an injury or whatever.)
>>
>dropped the game a few weeks ago becaus pc died
>can't go back into it
Fuck
>>
Thaos did nothing wrong
>>
Did they ever fix the fortress being just a useless money sink?
>>
>>388364023
You not using it doesn't make it useless. Once you start paying attention to the crafting system, Caed Nua becomes invaluable.
>>
>>388358840
>get the bug where every screen transition takes 3+ minutes to load

I was really enjoying the game till this shit happened. They never fixed it. Also never buying unity engine games again.
>>
>>388364023
They gave it neat adventures and parts where people come in to ask you favors and you can help them in different ways.
>>
>>388364023
I'm not sure but I think prestige may relate to some of the random missions / encounters that pop up

And security definitely plays in to random events, like if travelers are ambushed on the road or not, as well as how much of your tax collection that you lose to bandits
>>
>>388358840
I used the physical environment to block access to squishies. e.g. doorways or corners of rooms.
>>
>>388364368
>bug
>>
Also what are your guy's favorite classes? I liked chanter for a while until I ran into another chanter for a party member and felt disheartened when my party had literally 2 characters of the same race/class/and abilities and similar stats. Interested to try druid they seem fun. Also can the chanter guy substitute for a decent off tank until I can find another?
>>
>>388366606

I heard Chanter as an off tank and abusing Dragon Thrashed is pretty imba.
>>
>>388358840
The game is shitty. I'm not trying to troll this shitshow but let's face it, the game on normal difficulty requires you to 'game' the system. You should be abusing shitty AI and door mechanics, reloading when shit goes south etc. I don't feel bad for the aggro issues though because thats not how CRPG's ever worked. The problem is that the game assumes you are going to abuse the stat system, doorways, bad AI etc and thus the difficulty curve is really bad early on. Eventually it becomes piss easy for some reason but it overall isn't worth the effort.

Rogue is a great class but the combat is atrocious. Enemies will almost always gang up on characters and blow them up before you even get a round in. Wait until you get the first boss which is I think 7 enemies at once, 4 regualr dudes, 2 mages and a boss and they force you to stand in the center to even start the dialogue then attack you, pretty much garaunteeing a death since all 7 will focus a single target.

The only way out of that fight is to either diplomancy (and make a decision you might not want to make) or cheese the fight by leading the enemies to the doorway which is just AI abuse (since no rational human would fall for that) and thus kills the immersion for the story.
>>
>>388366606
Big fan of the Paladin class. Since only the main character benefits from the Faith and Conviction ability, it just fits.
>>
>>388366606
Druid
Also you get one party member for each class (if you have both white march) so don't worry.
>>
>>388366606

Wizard. Like that their role is flexible and their abilities are more broken compared to other classes.
>>
>>388366606
Chanters make great off tanks due to being able to summon and derp thrash. Being in melee is where a chanter typically wants to be anyway for the debuff/buffs
>>
Is White March worth it?

I beat vanilla and enjoyed it quite a bit. Want to replay before 2 comes out but not sure if the expansion is gonna enhance the experience.

Is the new story content good?
>>
>>388368658
White March is better than the main game.
>>
>>388366606
Monk is godlike
>>
>>388368658
If you enjoyed the main game, White March is a definite buy.
>>
>>388366606
Priest. Your Per Encounter heal scales off reputation as MC, I like being a buff monkey and I really hate Durance.
>>
Rogues are the weakest class in Pillars m8 they're shit unless you build the right party to protect them
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.