[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkwood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: darkwood.gif (2MB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
darkwood.gif
2MB, 283x424px
What's up, meats. Post tips and spooks.
>>
i been waiting for this

so i just got to the second hideout, and i'm wondering how the fuck i'm supposed to get everything over there. since there is no storage space and no way to craft storage space i eventually started throwing all my stuff on the ground. If i just carried all my shit to the hideout it would literally take probably ten trips (no thanks to me only finding one fabric so far).

What should i do before moving? should i finish the wedding? i went over there but bailed as soon as the teeth monster burst through the wall because i didn't have any weapons good enough. i'm pretty sure i've found just about every crate and mushroom in dry meadow.
>>
Is there any particular way to not get fucked in the ass at night in the silent forest hideout?
The enemies seem to know exactly where I am and sometimes they just break all the windows to make me have to rebuild them
This is getting tiresome
Also that crow thing wtf???

>>388356516
ring the bell
>>
>>388356516
Just throw a molotov at it, but be sure to have a weapon better than a plank with nails before moving to silent forest
>>
I'm at the second hide-out but its only day 4, survived two nights here. Did I move too quick? Sounds like I should have chilled in the first area a bit longer.
>>
>>388356225
Yo I'M at the 2nd hideout and am getting my ass handed to me. Been hiding in the room with the generator, looks like a garage. I've blocked everything and put bear traps outside. I saved and quit after placing EVEN more traps and broken glass everywhere. Is this the way to go on about this or no?
>>
>>388357290
broken glass?
also why would you put the traps outside??
>>
>>388357508
I put the bear traps outside to delay them from breaking my windows... Also you can toss bottles on the floor and supposedly it tears up enemies. Those are inside my hideout.
>>
>>388357673
I've no idea what is supposed to happen outside, do they just run up to the windows and smash them knowing you are inside, or do they wander until the see you?
>>
>>388357906
Well, I've had several dudes wander outside my windows. They try to see you through the cracks I believe. They won't try to break in if they don't see any signs you're inside. That doesn't stop your doors from randomly being opened by...
>>
>First day, no real clue what I'm doing, there's mushrooms about so I grab what I can and see what other supplies I can find
>Head south and find some sort of small makeshift hideout within the roots of some trees
>Has a comfy looking chair and a wardrobe blocking a back room, so I move it
>There's a generator, it still has gas - so I switch it on
>There's a room behind the roots with a twitching corpse in it, now being illuminated by a powered lamp
>The lamp flickers and turns off
>Turn around to be greeted by a very angry dog that tries to tear my face off
>Book it back to my hideout, search around a bit for more supplies and find plenty of gasoline, gas my generator to full and prepare for my first night

Was only a bit spooky until
>Footsteps at the entrance to my room
>Lamp starts flickering
>The fucking door opens and I hear more footsteps approaching the threshold, my eyes are locked tight on that goddamn doorframe
>Nothing appears
>Don't move my gaze until morning

Any tips? I've no clue how to get logs to make boards since I don't have an axe or anything.
>>
>>388359693
Just wander around the meadow to find more than enough logs
Use the saw with fuel at your hideout to make boards
Don't go to silent forest until you are confident and have a weapon better than a plank with nails
>>
I don't know anything about this game but I feel like buying it just because of how cool the developers are.
>>
I'm on day 4 and still in the first hideout, I really really really enjoy the spooky nights and the prologue was banging but I'm losing my patience with the days where I just seem to be aimlessly walking around. Don't know if want refund.
>>
Do nights get harder as more time passes? Or is it just harder per progressive hideout?
>>
File: 1497973364522.png (673KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1497973364522.png
673KB, 808x805px
>>388356225
>first time playing
>doing nightmare
>>
>>388360076
Well, luckily for you there's an official torrent in case you want to try before you buy
>>
File: 1447195584182.jpg (476KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447195584182.jpg
476KB, 800x800px
>Tfw finally moving to the Old Woods hideout
Holy fuck, I don't have enough shotgun shells for all these chompers.
>>
I love atmosphere and horror but hate survival sandbox crafting meme games - how shitty is the non-scary part of the game?
>>
I bought the game in beta, and I'm still too spooked to play it through. I beat Alium: Isolation on the highest difficulty while clenching my teeth, but something about top-down perspective and field of view thing deeply unnerves me.
>>
>>388360752
The devs released the game on pirate bay for those who were too "poor" to afford it
>>
>>388361509
More shitty than you can even imagine.
>>
>>388361509
the game plays like an actual survival horror where resources are limited
its not that kind of game
>>
>>388360904
It's a combo of hideout number (out of four), upgrades, and a little about time.

For instance, ghosts don't start fucking with your lights until you get your first syringe upgrade...
>>
>>388356225
>shill thread 345

kys
>>
>>388361734
>you can have LOL threads and FEET threads, but not genuine vidya discussion
All phoneposters should be fucking gassed.
>>
>>388361734
How do you shill a game you can get for free? People can't discuss any games here ever except ultra-mainstream dogshit.
>>
>>388361620
Proofs?
>>388361734
>Talking about small indie games is shilling, but its ok to spam the board full of PUBG and Nier anime asses.
k lol
>>
>>388362023
proof is here: http://imgur.com/gallery/xVhDz
>>
>>388362023
http://m.thepiratebay.org/torrent/18469605/Darkwood+-+hotfix+3+%28developer%27s+torrent%29

http://www.pcgamer.com/darkwood-creators-upload-the-full-game-to-the-pirate-bay-so-everyone-can-play-it/
>>
>>388361845
>>388362004
>>388362023
It's so obvious, you can stop making these shill threads now
>>
>>388361663
That sounds better - I just see the tags
>survival
>crafting
and immediately let out a huge REE
and like I said I'm very much into muh atmospheric games like STALKER
>>
It sounds like a savage is stuck in the next room constantly running into a door/wall. Sounds like he's fapping in there.
>>
How do the twinkling stones (130 rep) materialize in the daytime world?
>>
>>388362338
Literally kill yourself, summerfag.
>>
File: 68798765.jpg (13KB, 200x255px) Image search: [Google]
68798765.jpg
13KB, 200x255px
>>388358134
>That doesn't stop your doors from randomly being opened by...
ANON NO
>>
Where the fuck do I find the gas nozzle to upgrade my workbench?
>>
>>388358134
I was wondering if you could actually be completely safe by pulling a big piece of furniture in front of you in a corner as long as no gas or other shit like that spawns.

>>388363239
The Welder? Piotrek gives you one if you do his quest, and I think I found an extra one in either the Pig Shed or Village.
>>
>>388362353
This game is the closest to Stalker of any game I have ever played. That includes Metro.
>>
File: 2017-03-31_14.30.29.jpg (163KB, 872x950px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-31_14.30.29.jpg
163KB, 872x950px
>>388363481
Maybe hiding behind a wardrobe could work? It's hard to say though because from my experience NPC's are better at pushing objects than you are and will find a way through, probably
>>
>>388363481
>>388365308
Oh, you'd also need to fit a light into your corner.
>>
>>388364287
It's nothing like STALKER, fuck off
>>
>>388365410
I just tested it for one night and none of the savages walking around the house found me, but it might have been a fluke. You also don't need a light, just have a single flare on your hotkey to drop down if you notice the shadow event is starting.
>>
So you are supposed to hide from being seen by the retards outside?
>>
>>388365957
I'll try to test it too, but I'm pretty sure the dudes can sniff you out eventually and start smashing your furniture barricade
>>
>>388366704
You can take them on if you have weapons or are really good in melee combat, but that's just wasteful.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.