[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone tells me these games are the best anime games and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: NinjaStorm.jpg (412KB, 1387x1600px) Image search: [Google]
NinjaStorm.jpg
412KB, 1387x1600px
>everyone tells me these games are the best anime games and the story is even better presented than in the anime
>pirate the first game
>""""""""""""""story"""""""""""""" mode is just doing fetch quests and running from location to location
>there are no actual story battles, very little cutscenes
>can't advance because the AI is retardlely strong

Even the xenoverse games are better than this. Is this the supposed "naruto has the best anime games" meme? What a piece of shit.
>>
>>388351824

>naruto

you fell for it
>>
Storm 1 thread?
I'm really disappointed they dropped most of the first Storm's mechanics.Being able to mix and match special moves, The Jutsu Clashes, The way awakenings worked, The way substitutions worked
>>
>>388352450
It also had better cinematic/animations for supers than all the rest.
>>
>>388351824
>"naruto has the best anime games"
Who said this? I'm pretty sure that whoever told you that actually said:
>The ultimate ninja storm series are the best naruto games
>>
>>388352906

Also open world Konoha was awesome
>>
>>388353091
Yeah, was really disappointed when I found out they dropped that in the sequel. Didn't even finish the game because of that.
>>
>>388351824

Im confused too, everyone told me the games is the best way to experience the story but...

>start the game
>little cutscene about the nine tails fox, cool, its like the anime
>game starts
>go run around
>do one main story (I think?) battle that's just fighting kakashi
>uhhh ok
>cant do the next one, need more exp or some shit
>have to open a menu and choose a mission
>missions are shit like talk to jiraya and fight some random end boss character that should be nowhere near this point in the story
>generally just talking to people that shouldn't appear yet, the story just started
>they're all really hard for some reason since the AI dashes around, just guards you, and reads most of what you do

This is not.... okay guys it was a good joke, but what are these supposed games that are better than the anime? This is not how you experience the naruto story, why do I meet jiraiya not even 10 minutes after starting the game to do some filler mission to get exp to d-

This game is shit.
>>
>>388351824
Storm 2 is the good one, Storm 1 was pretty shit desu, i'd say the optimal way to experience the original Naruto show is through a combination of Broken Bond on the xbox and the game you just posted.
>can't advance because the AI is retardlely strong
okay that's bullshit, i beat this game at release and it was piss easy, all of them were piss easy until Generations and it's retarded limited substitution mechanic. Seriously fuck that and fuck online play, they ruined those games for me. I will still buy and re-play Storm 2 when it comes to Steam

Also OP don't worry, storm 2 has so many fucking cutscenes, there's two huge exposition dumps that feel like literal episodes of anime, only with faster pacing.
>>
>>388353091
>>388353285

Seeing what OP is talking about, it's a good thing they did. It just breaks the pace of the game.
>>
>>388353420
>okay that's bullshit, i beat this game at release and it was piss easy

Could it be some antipiracy shit? I swear I can't do a single mission, the AI is just stupidly strong, I set the difficulty to easy but it didn't change much, the AI still does combos that take an entire life bar from me.
>>
File: shit.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>wanted to reexpeirnce the naruto story
>end up chasing ninja dogs
>2 times

Nice game guys.
>>
>>388352450
It also had tons of team intros and outros and win poses for awakened characters
>>
>>388351824
Maybe think for yourself for one second retard
>>
>>388353931

seriously why am i doing all this asinine shit when I just want to play through the story? Am I playing the wrong mode? Isn't there just a mode like BT3 where you just move from story fight to story fight with no bullshit stupid filler minigames in the middle? Can I just play through the fucking story please?

Is this game shit? Why did you guys lie?
>>
>>388352450
wall running too, i loved it, i just don't get why all of it had to go, why was online so important that all these nice mechanics had to go? It's like Storm 1 is really the sweet spot between the original Ultimate Ninja and the Storm games that came after.
>>388353590
i dunno, i bought it on PS3 at release, i doubt it, i mean, you should probably look it up, but in case it isn't, a few helpful tips:
use substitutions
learn when to use jutsus/supers, don't just hope it hits, wait for an opportunity
use throws, R2+O if i remember correctly, they do a lot of damage and you can't block them
at later levels the AI will always outdo you at the QTE thing you do when doing a super so just don't rely on them too much there's also a way to change it to be just "tap O" but i'm not sure that works for the story mode
The only battles that took me some time were the Sasuke in his normal form right before the final battle and Kimimaro because he has that fucking jutsu of his that's annoying to dodge

>>388353931
fuck you, half the anime was basically that stupid tree jumping thing and i loved it, beats the climbing trees minigame anyway

>>388353419
Well it wasn't /v/ who said this game is the best way to experience the naruto story, it was Masashi Kishimoto, and he referred only to Shippuuden's story and Storm 2/3
the first Storm was just an experiment, the first naruto 3D game actually well done utilizing the hardware of the PS3, it even had the original soundtrack instead of the anime's like Broken Bond on the 360
it was really good though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajvt2fL-e_Y
>>
>>388354374

But storm 2 is shippuden right? How can I experience the naruto story if part 1 is missing? And they somehow thought it would be a good idea to turn part 1 into some god awful minigame collection?
>>
>>388354576
>And they somehow thought it would be a good idea to turn part 1 into some god awful minigame collection?
Yes, in fact that was the idea for all Naruto games because they were fighting games up to that point for fans, it's only by the time Storm 2 rolled around that they evolved into something much more than that.

>if part 1 is missing
well technically, if you read the pre-mission text before the battles in the story mode and finish the story mode then you're not actually missing anything that Storm 2 follows up on. I mean, other than those main arcs, the original anime was mostly filler too, maybe cutting out the entire zabuza arc, his character and all that wasn't such a good idea, but the gist of part 1 is in Storm 1 in it's entirety basically.
I think Zabuza and Haku do make a come back at some point, either in Generations or in Storm 3 where their story is quickly recapped or explained through a flashback.
>>
>>388354576
game is as filled with flashbacks as the anime, you can probably do it, it's not like part 1 has much plot

>zabuza/haku (which not appear in storm 1 as long as I remember)
>chuunin exams
>tsunade
>SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>388354976
you missed out konoha attack which is technically it's own arc but yeah
>>
>>388351824

Naruto and One Piece have an autistic reality distortion field surrounding their fanbase.

Do not trust anything their fans say. They literally worship diarrhea
>>
>>388354968

Do you know how to advance through the first game? Apparently I need mission exp, which I have zero, I just completed a mission and I still have zero??????
>>
>>388355260
i think you need to do side missions, some of which are based around the open world konoha and some are battles or i think you get more from doing the base missions better, i'm honestly not sure, i think you can probably look up a let's play of it on google quickly and just see what they do to advance.
Good luck, anon.
>>
File: tumblr_oqscn8jksV1uco247o1_500.png (297KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqscn8jksV1uco247o1_500.png
297KB, 500x375px
>season 1

>oh cool modern day ninjas with cool ki powers and flak jackets

Season 2 and onward

>GIANT TALKING FROGS

Talk about a bait and switch.
>>
File: 1502063140721.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502063140721.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>388351824

>show about ninjas

>they run around in broad daylight wearing neon day-glo outfits shooting Harry Potter magic at each other
>>
>>388351824
is there any point buying this if I have the last one already?
>>
So let me get this straight

>ninja storm 1 is absolute shit, an experiment gone wrong, a bunch of shitty minigames
>ninja storm 2/3/4 are the games people actually talk about, in which the story mode is the anime recreated in 3d

Is that right? should I give UNS2/3/4 a chance or is it the same trash as the first game? I just want to go through the story again man, none of this fetch quest shit, nobody got time for that.
>>
>>388356129

No, it's shit.
>>
>>388356181
Pretty much. 2/3/4 are actually really fucking good and is better than the anime. You should still read the pre Shippuden story so you aren't completely lost when characters are introduced. Or at least Zabuza's arc, that shit is the best in the series.
>>
>>388356958

I already read all the manga, just wanted to go through the whole story again.

Can't I just play the gamecube naruto games?
>>
>>388357056
I don't think those really have the presentation that the Ninja Storm games provided. They're still pretty good but not in the "better than the anime" kind of way.
>>
File: 1447038835175.png (291KB, 397x408px) Image search: [Google]
1447038835175.png
291KB, 397x408px
>>388351824
>enjoyed it anyway
It's not like it's a good or balanced fighter , or that improved with the series. Shit sucks
If you want to enjoy Storm, play the numbered shit if you want all that anime recreation fights, though 1's issue is that it was per arc.
>>
>>388354968
I have especially mixed feelings on how Storm handled Zabuza and Haku. On one hand, I remember being annoyed that they skipped them, considering the pivotal role the arc played in Naruto's development. On the other hand, the Kakashi vs. Zombie Zabuza fight, with flashbacks to the original series, was one of the best boss fights in Storm 3.
>>
File: 1445796816304.jpg (101KB, 480x274px) Image search: [Google]
1445796816304.jpg
101KB, 480x274px
>playing through this to reexperience the show
>Iruka appears on screen
>can't stop thinking about how he acted as father for Naruto on his wedding and how he cried

we start good with the feels
>>
Playing Storm and remembering how good pre shippuden Naruto was.
>>
>>388355617
Naruto doesn't have seasons, the fuck fandom did you crawl out from
>>
>>388352450
>>388353091
>>388353285
>>388354374
my favorite part of Storm 1 was the free-roam stuff, and since they dropped that in the sequels I stopped being interested.

Naruto is a pretty shitty series after the timeskip anyway.
>>
I just started, like OP I don't know shit about Naruto.

Couple of questions:
How the fuck do I play?
I thought there'd be a tutorial mission but I just had to wing it against Kakashi. I hit B a lot and that seemed to do the trick.

Regarding the mission exp like OP mentioned: Would it be more fun to cheat and max it out instantly instead of doing side missions?
Can I just mainline the story missions and move on to game 2 instead of wasting time here?
>>
>>388358823

Sure it does you underage mongrel, whenever the intro changes = season
>>
I fell for it too. Well meme'd Narutards.
>>
>>388359174
>Would it be more fun to cheat and max it out instantly instead of doing side missions?

Yes, but I don't think there's a way to do that yet, no trainers. If you find one let me know, side missions are awful.
>>
>>388359585
I imagine you can manually pinpoint the value with cheat engine but I'll need to get a few points to start that off. Does it take long to get the first few?
>>
>>388360084

yes, i've done a few missions and still have zero exp, don't have any clue how it works. They're all a pain in the ass to complete too
>>
>>388359174
>I thought there'd be a tutorial mission but I just had to wing it against Kakashi. I hit B a lot and that seemed to do the trick.
Doesn't it have a bit where it just shows you tutorial screens anon?
You have to have certain mission XP levels for missions, so yeah do side missions. There are a lot of fighting based ones though, not too much with all those hub world ones.
>Playing on shit tv
>hide and seek with the minimap.
Just do the first one and never touch the rest.
>>
>>388355937
Shonen is a meme genre
>>
is it still 30fps?
>>
>>388360607
Which missions , anything that's passive doesn't count I think, and it shows what XP points it gives in the selected mission's conditions
>>
File: 20170826235853_1.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170826235853_1.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>388360857
>>388360607
>>388359585
Found it.
Problem solved.
>>
Should people just skip 1 and go to 2 if they watched part 1? 1 seems to have pretty shitty mechanics
>>
File: 20161357306673.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161357306673.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
I will say something and I want you to believe. Once, I want you anons to believe me.
OP Burning blood is ten times better than any naruto ultimate game.
You got parries, guard breaks, 50/50s and a fuck ton of mind games. Each character plays REALLY different from one another, and all attacks are unique.
It looks shallow on the surface but its very, very deep for an anime fighting game. Try it out or watch gameplay from a good player on youtube and see for yourself.
It helps if you like the anime
>>
>>388361948
how did you do it senpai
>>
>>388363559
BB is shit though, characters like Buggy are useless memes and Logias are broken. The story mode is absolute fucking trash, it's just the Marineford 5 times and every time you replay it it gets shorter.
>>
>>388359205
There was no breaks in between. The only distinction is between Naruto and Naruto Shippudden.
>>
>>388363559
that game was fucking horrendous, fuck off retard

the fov was literally 20.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.