[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

currently on steam sale give me one good reason to pick this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 300px-Gothic_II_cover[1].jpg (26KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Gothic_II_cover[1].jpg
26KB, 300x418px
currently on steam sale

give me one good reason to pick this janky ass looking game
>>
>>388349784
It's cool
>>
>>388349784
Are you German? If so, then you'll think it's the greatest RPG of all time. If not, then you should probably skip it.
>>
You can fug prostitutes, cutscene titties and all
>>
>>388349784
don't buy it on steam

don't buy any older game on steam
>>
>>388350516
Why? GoG is all well and good but the deals are usually shite, with steam you can often get a bundle of good ones for cheap
>>
>>388351497
just pirate gog versions
>>
>>388349784
>give me one good reason

it's fun, unlike all the other shit games discussed on /v/
it's also hardcore
>>
>>388349784
>give me one good reason to pick this janky ass looking game
You already bought it and are just making this thread to talk about the game, obviously.

On the topic of RPG sales, Forgotten Realms Collections are massively discounted on GOG right now. 8 dollary doos for like 15 games.
>>
It's one of the best rpgs.
>>
>>388349889
German or not it's pretty damn great. If you honestly don't like it, you don't like RPGs period.
>>
File: gothic.png (783KB, 1198x3047px) Image search: [Google]
gothic.png
783KB, 1198x3047px
>>388349784
>>
>>388349784
One of my favorite open world games. Not too large, but packed with things to discover. The melee combat system is great aswell.
>>
File: 14986327104250.jpg (67KB, 604x467px) Image search: [Google]
14986327104250.jpg
67KB, 604x467px
>>388349784
It's one of the better games in terms of overall experience in existence, you're a little bit too late to the party though.
>>
File: rip in pieces gomez.jpg (829KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
rip in pieces gomez.jpg
829KB, 2560x1440px
>>388349784
Does Gothic 2 really improve on Gothic 1? I beat the first game about a week ago and have mixed feelings. The controls, combat and camera were dogshit.
>>
>>388352220
is this meme? bloodflies and field raiders are easy peasy tier. Also G2>G2NotR
>>
>>388352413
Gothic 2 improves the controls making the game significantly less clunky. Combat system was improved - now it's more fluid and block isn't an answer to everything anymore. The camera is the same I'm afraid.
>>
Should I play Gothic 1 before 2, or does it not matter?
>>
>>388352413
>The controls, combat and camera were dogshit.
None of this should be bad if you refrain from using the mouse.
>>
>>388352806
If you have the opportunity, you should.
Makes Gothic 2 even better than it already is on its own.
>>
>>388352489
>Also G2>G2NotR
How can anyone actually believe this? G2 without the expac is literally half a game.
>>
File: 1475472484721.png (157KB, 469x451px) Image search: [Google]
1475472484721.png
157KB, 469x451px
>>388352220
>steam version is beyond fucked up and requires 1-3 patches for it to work

How to tell this chart was made by a new-gen mustard. Installing patches is piss, you should take it as a given if you're playing on PC
>>
>>388349784
there isn't one, there's a reason why only germans and slavs like gothic
>>
>>388352706
>Combat system was improved - now it's more fluid and block isn't an answer to everything anymore.
Do enemies still read your input and backstep indefinitely?

>>388352926
>None of this should be bad if you refrain from using the mouse.
Using only the keyboard doesn't suddenly make the lock on work properly when facing multiple enemies. Or stop enemies from endlessly back stepping. Or make more moves than block useful.
>>
you have to be German or a Pole to truly love this rough gem of a game.
>>
it is one of the best rpgs ever made
>>
is hexen worth playing?
>>
>>388352489
Bloodfly groups are nothing to fuck with early on, they're not black goblin gangbang bad but they're getting there.
>>
>>388353364
>Do enemies still read your input and backstep indefinitely?
Yes, they can dodge you very well, but every enemy has some sort of a window during their own offensive moves where you can strike them without them having a chance to dodge in time.
>>
Remember the boars/pigs that hit so long until you died without a chance of countering? Good times mane. STECK DIE WAFFE WEG
>>
>>388353036
Someone who probably can't deal with the increased difficulty that comes with NOTR

Because NOTR is not only a massive content pack. It's also a difficulty spike due to devs wanting to give players who already finished vanilla Gothic 2 a new challenge.
>>
File: gothic12.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gothic12.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>388349784
best damn comfy games of our era
>>
>>388352220
Probably for the best that it doesn't mention the orcs, they're fun when you first meet them
>>
>>388353331
good taste?
>>
>>388353993
You need to run past one if you're trying to swim into Khorinis, fucking thing chased me into the bandit lighthouse and off the cliff
>>
what must-get mods should I get for Gothic 1? from interface/controls stuff to graphics and mods
>>
>>388353640
H1 - yes.
>>
>>388354103
the only shitty part about the difficulty is that you can literally screw up your game so bad that when the seekers arrive you just die instantly. at least that happened on my first playthrough
>>
>>388354549
I finished all 3 games. And i ALWAYS had that moment where i just got instantly killed from a pig and my last saving was so far back. After that sad moment i just sat there for a while seeing the nameless hero lying on the dirt while sad music was playing and the pigs doing that they did before i crossed their path. Damn i love gothic.
>>
>>388349784
Gothic games never were among my favorites, but I can't not to look at them with a lot of respect.

They are janky as fuck, but they do two things well.
They do REALLY good environments. It's something that TW games were trying to emulate quite a lot, but never got it just right. Their cities feel extremely alive and plausible and a lot of the shit you are dealing feels like it has more though and presonality than most RPG's have. Sadly, the main story on the other side, is utter generic tripe, but that does not have to worry you for most of the game.

So the enviromnents are quite neat and well executed, with NPCs acting logically an systems making you feel like you are a part of the word, but (at least early on) not a fucking hero.

The other thing that Gothic does EXTREMELY well is character progression. There are very few game that give you such a massive feeling of growing, becoming stronger, learning new mechanics and new options. The powercreep is real, even seeming small decisions can carry a lot of tangible weight, and you just see yourself becoming a bad-ass hero naturally.

And the combination of these two aspects make it a pretty memorable experience.

It's clunky and unpolished and frustrating at times, it has a lot of down-time early on where you - I shit you not work on a fucking farm for a while or run around collecting stupid roots for you "vocation" (yes, the game will force you to pick up job - as a part of the main campaign and you better do your best at it.
Even if you get to mid game and get an invitation from the Mages to join them the fist quest you'll get is - I shit you not - sweep the whole monastery.

There are aslo some really memorably poorly ballanced spells Go2. Most spells felt like an absolute garbage, but then you'll learn how to summon skeletons and from then on, it's just GO MY MINION ARMY, GO! with endless supplies of skelletons that literally drown their enemies in the dust of their bones.
>>
File: l-lewd.jpg (972KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
l-lewd.jpg
972KB, 2560x1440px
>>388353740
Alright, thanks. I'll probably give the game a shot. I played G1 to the end so it's only fair I give G2 a chance.

>>388354701
Someone who never played Hexen could probably enjoy both H1 and 2 despite their differences.
>>
>>388355807
Dont look it is draining your life.
>>
>>388349784
>give me one good reason to pick this janky ass looking game
why should i faggot
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.