[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

Just from playing demo

The gameplay and blurryness is awful.

They think just putting Pokemon in title will make it decent but it's trash

Huge skip
>>
File: Weavile.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Weavile.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Did you only play with the AI?
My friend and I had a lot of fun with the original version.
>>
File: IMG_7133.png (413KB, 840x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7133.png
413KB, 840x453px
>I get to fuck people up like Columbine with Decidueye
>OP thinks this is wrong.
>>
>demo with limited plays in the year of our lord, two thousand and seventeen
Should have gone the testfire route.
>>
I never played the Wii version (Like every other fucker), but from the demo I can see there could be a decent amount of depth for babbies first fighter.

Just wish they put a practise mode in there, because fucking hell, that AI is shit.
>>
>>388346705
let me guess, you thought it was pokemon so it must be easy so you skipped the tutorial and went in expecting to win by mashing then got your shit kicked in and now are complaining on /v/ about it right?
>>
File: 1492181096558.png (509KB, 454x642px) Image search: [Google]
1492181096558.png
509KB, 454x642px
>>388349839

ARMS on the other hand, played that for 15 mins for the first time this weekend... What a fucking shit game.
>>
>>388349881
>then got your shit kicked in

I don't think that's possible at all from that demo.
>>
first game was fucking awesome dood
>>
>>388349881
I suck at competitve Pokemon battles but still have fun

This game is no fun
>>
>>388346705
What was your gripe specifically with the gameplay?

The roster pool, and the DX additions I can understand, and some of the chaacters being weak but the gameplay always seemed solid
>>
>>388349484
Just in case anybody doesn't know yet: to get past the 15 match limit, just delete then redownload the game.
>>
Same. Just played the demo. It's pretty boring.
>>
>>388353804
So why put a fucking restriction? Faggy fucking Nintendo.
>>
>>388349962
Spotted the retard.
While fun for casual games with poke fans, the game is slow, controls are clunky, damage output is ridicolously high(when mashing people can obtain easily 30% damage combos), animations are stiff and everything fucking sparkles.
Balance was terrible(and probably will be terrible again)and anyone thinking this is a proper, well rounded fighting game is a fool.

it fun when played with friends but its just not that good otherwise.
>>
>>388354118
Some people out there will only want to play as Pikachu, Charizard or Empoleon. I guess to guard against those guys?
>>
>>388346705
Doesn't help that if you don't have the special wired controller you need to deal with the lack of Joycon D-Pad or the shit Pro Controller D-Pad.
>>
>>388354118
Nintendo is just publisher

Bandai and TPCI probley decides want they want
>>
>>388354118
They obviously didn't intend for you to be able to redownload it to circumvent the limit, they just fucked up.
>>
>>388346705
>Pokken Tournament DX
>>
>>388354376
The joy-con "d-pad" is actually a lot more managable than I thought it would be.
Sonic Mania was my first real test for it, and it was fine. I imagine it would be shit for a fighting game with traditional inputs, but Pokken is just directionals.
>>
Which characters does the demo have anyway?
>>
>>388355353
Pikachu, Charizard and Empoleon
>>
>>388355454
I may download it tomorrow just for Empoleon then, does he actually have any penguin bodyslide moves?
>>
The demo sucks. Not because the game itself is bad but because it doesn't help me make up my mind at all. Only 3 playable characters and no online battles is garbage, I can't really test the game out at all.
>>
>>388355685
>does he actually have any penguin bodyslide moves?
Yeah, he does.
>>
>>388346705
game just isn't good. i don't give a shit about pokemon or tekken though, so it's definitely not made for me.
>>
File: 9d5.png (173KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
9d5.png
173KB, 2688x2688px
The game actually has more going on for it than Tekken.
>>
>>388349962
>b-but arms!
why are you so insecure about your shitty pokemon game, animeposter
>>
File: 1493674658755.png (87KB, 183x334px) Image search: [Google]
1493674658755.png
87KB, 183x334px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl5HsJ0gvqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDnpWb_dS84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WebGaOnwSes

It still has that ost
>>
>>388346705
>game has 4 classifications of fighters
>only include 3 fighters with 2 types in the demo
>one of the types is the standard type

Great representation there.
>>
>>388354894
It's unironically better than the Pro Controller's d-pad.
Although having something an an 8bitdo controller is nice just for a proper clicky d-pad.
>>
>>388354287
>when mashing people can obtain easily 30% damage combos

This is a sign of a real fighter that casuals can get into, and proof that most people are scrubs at actually playing fighting games. They just memorize combos and complain when they get beat by button mashers.
>>
>>388356373
It reaĺly plays nothing like tekken

Plays like one of those naurto games
>>
>>388354376
>mfw mayflash adapter to use the wiiu pro pad on the switch
>>
>>388359227
It's not even like the naruto games, it's more like gundam extreme vs.
>>
File: 1401817454452.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1401817454452.gif
500KB, 500x375px
>>388357761
Not bad.
>Captcha: Cantos Close
>>
File: cat.jpg (170KB, 536x593px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
170KB, 536x593px
>>388357761
>magikarp festival
>>
>>388346705
>Already in shit flinging defense mode before release
Jesus christ how insecure can your subredit can be?
>>
File: 1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>388346705
Hey at least it's objectively better than anything Capcom has put out since TvC.

Representing best Poké, looking forward to dunking niggas with Leaf Storm again. I'm very curious to see what kind of mind games I can get going with Popplio support too.
>>
>>388359185
Its just bad
The pace is soporific, controls are bad and clunky, everything feels stiff. its amazing to play casually just because people dreamt for a pokemon fighting game for like 20 years, and thats all.
Graphic is terrible, they got EVERYTHING from the pokemon franchise wrong, everything has realistic textures that clash terribly with pokemons design, everything fuckings soarkles and has a raimbow effect, while the n.1 rule for a fightan is to make animations and effects peculiar to characters/moves in order to recognize easily what is happening on the screen instead of a rainbow festival.

Still, its at least better than new MVC and SF5. Not that it takes much.
>>
File: gen 1 vs gen 3.jpg (316KB, 1225x761px) Image search: [Google]
gen 1 vs gen 3.jpg
316KB, 1225x761px
>>388361791
>they got EVERYTHING from the pokemon franchise wrong
This is objectively wrong, the attention to detail is actually incredible. For example when you summon an Assist Pokemon most of them will wind up in a pose that mirrors their official art at some point, the backgrounds are brimming with thematic activity such as a biker with a basket full of Pokemon eggs being followed by a Volcarona, a Pokemon which makes eggs hatch more quickly. Takahashi is a huge Pokémon fan and it shows in every aspect of the game's design. Even the rainbow flair added to the particles when characters are in the Synergy state is a reference to the rainbow energy given off by Mega Evolution. It's good fucking shit.
>>
>>388346705
I think its solid desu. The roster sucks though. 15 more Pokemon would probably be a pick up for me, especially if say Blastoise, Hawlucha, Heracross, Houndoom and Pangoro.
>>
>>388360602
>it's objectively better than anything Capcom has put out since TvC.

Not like that's a particularly high bar to clear...
>>
>>388346705
this is a poster from /vp/ who just makes anti-pokken threads every day, incidentally this is the most attention the game receives on that board

ignore him, he will never respond to valid refutation and continue to say that the game isn't fun and is dead without explaining why
>>
>>388360602
>Hey at least it's objectively better than anything Capcom has put out since TvC
If you're a casual, sure.
>>
>>388362805
the point is not on beign a fan, but on doing things right.
Pokemon aesthetic is clear and simple.
Simple line and bright colours.
Pokken everything makes a thousand different sparkles with different lights, every model has super relaistic textures that clash terribly with everything pokemon is and everything othe rthan supports has to be ANIMU tier. Smash in comparison nailed the poke style a lot better, even if they went kinda wild with lucario, but pokkeon is on another fuking level.
You can feel the love for all the other details, and the game is fun unless you start taking it too seriously, but the main aesthetic is just fucked up.
>>388363303
not that anon, but SFIV was harshly criticized when it came out because it casualized and casualized the genre, while having the great merit of rivitalizing the community. SF5 is so casual even casuals say its shit. MVC3 was fun with friends but on a competitive level was a complete trainwreck and impossible to have any fun with, basically "the first one able to connect starts and infinite and gets a kill".
MVCI looks even worse.
>>
>>388363806
Yeah, you clearly are spouting the same shit everyone else is, or you would know SFIII was also heavily criticized when it came out, because it sucked balls. Nothing to do with casualixation becuadro, believe it or not, most fighting game players don't care too much about that.
It's something that has always happened with capcom fighting games.
God, I hate reddit.
>>
I love Pokemon. Also dreamt of real action fighting Pokemon game but this is awful game

Fun for week than dead
>>
>>388364035
>i haven't played SFIV: the post
You're a fucking retard
SFIV had problems at launch and yet every expansion it got even worse
Shit balance, ultras, stiff animations and more than half of the roster was so brainless even a guys with palsy could main there were just some of the problems of the game.
its only8and huge)merit was to revitalize the community bringing back both nostalgia players who grew on II and a lot of new players.
I went regulary to tournaments and yous aw people who woulod have never touched a controller before. Graphic style showed everyone that 3d can be used in fightan thus cuttings costs8actually, arc sys showed everyone before with battle fantasia, and capcom said in an interview they decised to make IV 3d just because of that).
And guess what? People had a lot of hype for V because everyone wanted to step up, efter Iv beign basically worse than the game it was a sequel for.
But in the end V is even worse than IV in a lot of way(damage output waaaay to high, even more brainless characters, focus removed etc)and so people are leaving the ship.

but no, please, go back to your hole and think fighting games began from SF IV and that capcom is the best thing ever.
>>
>>388364978
God your posts are unreadable. Good thing you're posting some retarded shit.
Not worth replying to you anymore, have fun.
>>
>>388364035
The main problem everyone had with SFIII when it was came out was the roster getting rid of everyone except for Ryu and Ken.
>>
>>388367321
The parry mechanic didn't work at all with the game. That was just one of the reasons.
Eventually they adapted the game to fit the party mechanic better. The game still had awful balance but it was harder to patch and get feedback back then.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.