[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Titanfall 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Titanfall 2 wallpaper.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall 2 wallpaper.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
What are your thoughts on this game?
Where would you rank it on the skill ceiling level in terms of it being closer to casual or competitive?
>>
>Movement is easy enough for a casual to understand, and has some depth to it to allow for a skill-gap to emerge
>Advanced techniques like Grav-star boosting and grapple-boosting also allow for higher level play
>Hitscan weapons infinitely easier to use than projectile
>Low TTK

It's half 'n' half. If it was all projectile it'd be different, but the skillgap would increase at least twofold, which could put the more casual players off.
>>
>>388344262
the high-ttk test was the best version of the game, but all the shitters hated it so we'll never get it back.
>>
>>388344037
the game proves that Infinity ward is totally legit. Think about if they launched the game in this period of the year. I blame the cockmongrels at EA, the game deserves better.
>>
It's a masterpiece for me and one of the best shooters i've ever had the pleasure to play in multiplayer.
It's a really really great game.
>>
>>388344262
This is very accurate. 300+ hours in but Titanfall 2 definitely tried to do a lot of things differently than the first to variable success. Overall 1 is still slightly better due to how much more consistent it is, but here's hoping they take the best of 1 and 2 and combine them for Titanfall 3.
>>
>>388344421
I should have tried it while it was still there.
How did it change up the weapon effectiveness? Did it feel like Quake?
>>
>>388344907
You really think EA is going to allow a sequel?They will do another overwatch clone, screen cap this.
>>
>>388344037
I enjoyed Titanfall 1 quite a bit (playing it now actually), but I feel Titanfall 2 dropped the ball with some bad gameplay choices. It just felt too camper friendly to me. It might be better on the PC.
>>
>>388344937
To be honest it was a shitfest at the moment but it was interesting to try and see what the balance had off, and very good balancing passes were made because of it.

When the High TTK was on the TTK was almost the same. Thing is that good weapons were still the best (hitscans), and mid tier weapons were harder to land a kill. This showed that the game was fun and games until a R201 and a CAR or Alternator was added into the mixup.

After the TTK mode there were some nerfs to these weapons and the game is on the best state it has ever been now, also Phase was nerfed to 1 charge. Still the R201 is gay and so is the Alternator, but for real there was a great diminish in their use overall and the health of the game was restored. Also, there was added the health option for custom games so if you ever want to try 200% health you can with friends.

I would like the R201 to be nerfed for real but the shitter outcry would be big. Still it's manageable now since most weapons are now viable.
>>
How is the playerbase? Active? Dying? I've been wanting to get into a new shooter.
>>
File: ash boss.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ash boss.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>388345304
>It just felt too camper friendly to me. It might be better on the PC.

Yes, no campers here. You can do all sorts of crazy shit. The bad is that since you're running and wallbouncing more than on console there's more use of hitscans with good hipfire than other weapons. Still it's more of an even ground since there's no autoaim.
>>
File: Pilot and Northstar.png (3MB, 2048x1464px) Image search: [Google]
Pilot and Northstar.png
3MB, 2048x1464px
>>388344037
It was my personal GOTY last year, Northstar is best girl.
>>
>>388345805
It's fine, the latest gamemode and balance patches injected new players in all platforms I think. Certainly there's more people playing on PC now than before, a lot more. from 2 mins to 30secs wait for MM now.
>>
>>388345805
I don't have any issue finding games on ps4
>>
>>388344037
It's very good, the skill ceiling I find questionable because after 5 years of not playing shooters I jumped into titanfal 2 and consistently got 1st on my team and I'm not all that good.
>>
>>388346058
On PC it used to be around 2-3k players, now it's up to 5-7k I believe. I'm happy more people are giving this game a chance, it's just a shame it probably still hasn't met its sales goal.
>>
>>388344262
That makes sense.
Titanfall 2 is centered in the middle with a little leaning towards the competitive side.
If CoD is 0 and Quake is 10, I would put Titanfall 2 in the 6 or 7 category.
>>
>>388345030
I doubt it. Respawn completely owns the Titanfall IP (at least, I think they do).
You know it would be an EA owned IP if it was using Frostbite engine.
>>
>>388344037
Pilot v pilot combat is real fast.
Titan v titan combat is strategical and satisfying as fuck.
Pilot v titan combat is attack on titan
Overall it's really good with room to dominate with skill, but still accessible to the casual crowd who can fill up their meters by killing npcs if they're getting rekt by players
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.