[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one should I play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: mmos.png (2MB, 928x980px) Image search: [Google]
mmos.png
2MB, 928x980px
Which one should I play?
>>
consider playing a video game instead.
>>
>>388343331
TESO, XIV

GW2 and wildstar are max comfy. avoid the rest
>>
TESO is probably the worst money grab of those listed. Sure its 10 bucks now, but you have to get all the expansions to be competitive in PVP. That being said, the Morrowind Expansion is pretty comfy.
>>
>>388343331
SWTOR still has the best leveling experience in any MMO, but after you finish the class quest the MMO aspect sucks, so I would say play the main stories.
>>
>>388344392
No it doesn't. They turned leveling into basically a VN with how easy they made it
>>
>>388343331
>featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Do they want the normie audience that badly?
>>
>>388343331
Play XIV
>>
>>388343331
I played Wildstar on release.

Easily the best housing system in an MMO; the freedom of what you can do with the tools given is ridiculous and I saw some really creative shit in the first 2-3 months.

Otherwise it's just an MMO with emphasis on positioning.
>>
>>388343331
DDO is the only actually good one, I've spent over 1k hours on that game, but it's dead now. The one thing that separates DDO from any other shitty MMORPG on the market is the quest design. Each quest is contained within its own dungeon and most of them include resource management, puzzles, trapfinding, boss fights and searching for secrets. The quest design is so good, you can play the game solo, though you will need a rogue sidekick for the traps&tricks gameplay parts. It's unarguably the best MMO I've ever played, head and shoulders above WoW or any Korean dogshit.
>>
>>388343331
None, they're all garbage.
>>
File: 1478714733429.jpg (237KB, 580x563px) Image search: [Google]
1478714733429.jpg
237KB, 580x563px
new western aaa mmorpg when?
>>
>>388343331
WoW
>>
>>388343331
TESO
>>
which one has the best crafting?
>>
>>388343331
The secret world.
It's the only interesting one with solid mechanics.
>>
File: th.jpg (3KB, 160x112px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
3KB, 160x112px
only one mmo worth playing if you dont want wow shit
>>
>>388343331
ESO or SWL
>>
D&DO is clunky and archaic, but if you can get a regular group to run dungeons, it's the closest thing to a D&D MMO.

Tera is good if you like Korean-style MMOs. Combat is solid, though there's a clear hierarchy of class relevance. Cash shop can be intrusive.

GW2 is the most refined action MMORPG on the list. Combat is technically solid, cash shop isn't too overbearing, and plenty of variety. Does run rough after a while.

Rift is really fucking dumb. Combat is the driest parts of WoW, overworld exploration is an unrewarding chore, and you'll need to spend money to use the auction house. Really intrusive cash shop.

TSW is awkward. Combat is interesting but technically lacking. Puzzle quests range from enjoyable to wikibait. Haven't played it since F2P, so can't comment on the cash shop.
>>
>>388343331
>Which one should I play?
None. Take it from someone who wasted more than a decade on this type of games. Pick up drawing. Read books, go outside and walk around the block. Anything but this shit.
>>
>>388344392
This is true. I did every class but sniper.

I started TSWLegends but man all the classes starting off are the exact fucking same. I just need to sink 2-3 days in it and give it a chance I think.
>>
File: 1421725771954.jpg (178KB, 2533x857px) Image search: [Google]
1421725771954.jpg
178KB, 2533x857px
>>388343331
FFXIV's free trial up to level 35.
>>
>>388343331
Either GW2 or TESO. Both have an active playerbase, and the gameplay is decent.

DDO is extremely clunky and basic
Wildstar is trash and dead
Tera is a k0reogrindan that is also dead
SWTOR leveling is enjoyable if you're a SW fan and need to scratch a KotOR itch. Late-game is trash and dead
Rift was good when it came out, but these days it's a cash-shop hell that is dead
TSW had some neat ideas, but is now dead
>>
>>388343331
If you refer playing alone, go with Secret World. In the f2p version, Legends most of the content are now soloable. While the combat isn't really great and tje graphics is pretty aged the setting, story and overall atmosphere of the hame is great. Plus it's a modern day setting so it's at least not the usual fantasy mmo.
>>
>>388343331
On that list, I've played ESO, GW2, Tera, and Wildstar.

Gotta say ESO was pretty fun. Enjoyed it more than Skyrim, though that isn't saying much. Felt like a proper Elder Scrolls game in world & quests, though the actual RPG mechanics are much more limited (but Skyrim started down that path to begin with).

GW2 has nice art style, but the story is retarded, and the combat felt too loose or something. Also the massive disappointment of dropping the GW1 class/skill system, which was pretty much perfect as it was. Jumping puzzles and vistas are pretty fucking cool though. Gonna try giving it another go soon, to see if I want to pick up the expansion packs (since I loved Nightfall and the new expansion is in the same area). They'll fuck up the new story though I'm sure.

Wildstar was meh. Art style is a mess of colour that hurts the eyes, gameplay was just plain annoying and is essentially just "place hitmarkers under enemy". Had good ideas, don't think they implemented them well though. Heard the housing system was fucking great though, but can't keep up in the game enough to reach that point.

Tera had decent combat, but the rest of the game/world from what I played felt soulless as fuck. General korean stuff, all flash and no substance. If the rest of the game was as good as the combat I'd love it. Blade & Soul is about the same way, but I also love Hyung Tae Kim's art style so B&S always has a plus there for me.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.