[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously though, a fucking Dyson sphere? Who saw that coming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1503757557474.png (211KB, 517x523px) Image search: [Google]
1503757557474.png
211KB, 517x523px
Seriously though, a fucking Dyson sphere?

Who saw that coming?
>>
>>388341218

well, the combine are aliens in the first place
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_Dyson
>>
>>388341218
noone did
noone will
>>
>>388342942
DEEPEST LORE
>>
Dyson sphere is an unimaginative, meme, so I'm glad it never got made.
>>
>>388341218
The basically Lovecraftian ending was very unexpected, but what was more unexpected, is Borealis. We all expected some teleportation technology, maybe even an advanced portal gun. But never evr would I imagine it would be a device, that (because it was untested) stretched the ship through space-time continuum, making it oscilate between various places, effectively making the device not just a teleportation technology, but also a fucking time machine.
>>
What games let me experience true despair?
>>
>>388345954
The game of real life.

Also, the final boss of Prinny Can I really be the hero?
>>
>>388345593
And Alyx went full retarded and just bomb the ship, and she wasn't even there to do that.
>>
>>388341218
Literally anyone who realized the potential scale of a multi-universe civilization.
>>
>>388348078
Well, she was. The last thing her dad wanted from us before he died was to destroy it.
But they way she turned to the dark side by shooting Mossman and then fucking off with G-Man, leaving you there alone, was also very unexpected.
>>
>>388345308
>Dyson sphere is an unimaginative, meme,
What did anon (aka faggot) mean by this?
>>
>>388348596
He meant he couldn't get into a STEM career.
>>
Why would that be absurd? We always knew the Combine were hyper advanced.
>>
>>388341218
It was all a setup for Half Life 4, think about it, a star has a lot of gravity, I bet Gordon will infiltrate the Dyson Sphere and fuel his gravity gun with the stars gravity, then he will use all the reverse energy to throw the Dyson Sphere out of the universe, it will travel faster than the universe expands and freeze to death
>>
>>388345308
The point wasn't the be creative, it's an old idea. Also demanding a creative idea in science fiction in 2017 has to be a joke.

The point was expanding the combine from a large civilization that could potentially be overthrown to a totally immutable cosmic horror. To makes things as fucked up as imaginable.
>>
>>388341218
>freeman
Fans have been talking about that for years anon
>>
>>388345308
>This theory built on pure imagination is unimaginative.

What did shitposter mean by this?
>>
>>388341218
They said Combine went wayyyyyyyy past the singularity ages ago...

So of course they did.

They most likely conquered earth because they were bored.
>>
>>388351352
it's completely possible
it's literally just big solar panel
you wouldnt even have to disassemble mercury to make one
>>
>>388351779

Guy you're responding to. I mean, in theory, its possible. The execution, as far as our civilization is, its impossible. The fact that we can use Mercury to get the resources is itself technologically impossible due to transportation and time. Regardless, you are right. Its just an irritating thing to see somebody call a fucking megastructure "unimaginative".
>>
I think they planned it on being Gordon x Alyx, Vortigaunts x Gman. Both parties duking it out through space time.
>>
>>388341218
now i understand what valve meant they want more psychological horror in ep3

it's amazing
>>
File: brillliant.jpg (703KB, 2560x1932px) Image search: [Google]
brillliant.jpg
703KB, 2560x1932px
>>388342942
>Freeman Dyson
>>
Ok I'm lost, someone give me a basic gestalt?

Is the earth inside a machine or something?
>>
>>388342942
Damn that's tight
>>
>>388342942
wtf
>>
>>388354174
A star is inside of a machine which the combine use to power their "homeworld"
>>
How many times are you going to make this exact same fucking thread
>>
File: dyson_sphere.jpg (89KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dyson_sphere.jpg
89KB, 1500x1500px
>>388341218
What does a vacuum cleaner have to do with Half-Life?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.