[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, did you really enjoy Deadrising 1's time limit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

Be honest, did you really enjoy Deadrising 1's time limit?
>>
Yeah I did, never felt it was restrictive at all.
>>
File: cursedimage.jpg (53KB, 275x350px) Image search: [Google]
cursedimage.jpg
53KB, 275x350px
The time limit is what makes the game fun. Maybe something like this is more up your alley.
>>
yes i did
>>
>>388339827
There's nothing wrong with Deadrising 4
>>
>>388340031
Everything is wrong with Dead Rising 4.
>>
File: 20170501222031_1.jpg (25KB, 252x398px) Image search: [Google]
20170501222031_1.jpg
25KB, 252x398px
>>388340031
>>
I actually really dislike game-wide time limits, but that's my own personal problem with them making me feel stressed. I don't mind time trials and such, but a game that has a time limit from the start/after the tutorial ends to the end, that shit just feels too restrictive.
>>
>>388339243
Not at all, I was glad they removed it in 4.
>>
File: jgl.jpg (15KB, 468x350px) Image search: [Google]
jgl.jpg
15KB, 468x350px
>here's a sandbox, do whatever the fuck you want
>oh by the way you can only do it for this amount of time
>>
>>388340632
>BAAAAWWWW, why does this gaem add limitations in a way that sets itself for multiple playthroughs???
>>
>>388339243
It adds a sense of urgency to your actions, where other games relish in the "quiet moments" dead rising doesn't allow for them, you must move on to the next scoop. I'm at the part where you are to meet Isabella around midnight, and I saved 4 girls from a crazy cop lady and two people hanging from wonderland plaza. Then I had to save a guy from a family of snipers, an old man in an antique shop, and two women who got separated, just as the power suddenly goes out and night takes hold. I ended up missing the case file and losing the game, because I chose to save them. Overall I'd say it's an interesting mechanic, not necessarily fun
>>
No it stressed me out.
>>
>>388340154
>>388340313
Explain to me what's so wrong with it without resulting to Crowbcat cherry picking
>>
I really enjoy games that have a time management element that forces you to budget your time. It adds another layer of decision making to your gameplay which I find compelling. It can be stressful, but in an action game you want to be stressed because that makes things more exciting.

Dead Rising 1 didn't do it super well though. Getting a game over is a fine thing, but accidentally saving the game in an unwinnable state is just bad design.
>>
it's fine because stats carry over from game overs.

It still limits what you can do, as I often found myself just doing a beeline (b line?) to the area I want to go then just waiting for certain events to happen

DR1 is a 9/10 game in a 6/10 execution.
>>
>>388340632
There's literally nothing stopping you from ignoring the story and time limit and playing it like your other precious open world meme games, dipshit.
>>
I kind of liked it a bit more in 2 where it was a bit more forgiving, but it definitely keeps things fresh when as we've seen in DR3/4, a lack of a time limit made it a lot more dull, on top of a worse story.
>>
Partly yes. When i played the PC version i managed to get the best ending and rescue many survivors. Did read some tips on where to obtain various stuff making it somewhat easier. But i could swear i completed the game on 360 back in the day as well. Maybe i didn't. The most annoying thing was the retarded survivor AI.
>>
>>388340632
>Start out as a kid star in a sitcom
>Move on to independent kino
>Do everything between serious and quirky
>Move up to Hollywood
>Start doing trash cookie cutter biopics and pretentious garbage
>Run a project that doesn't go anywhere
JUST
>>
It's called replayability. Something most games don't have these days.
>>
>>388341053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geMgbqWkKVI
>>
Completely.
Once you learned about the shortcuts and the general flow of events, it wasn't really a burden unless you were trying to do literally everything possible, which the game wasn't designed for anyways so it didn't bother me.
It was great and felt different.

But, as always, thanks for fucking everything up, Canada.
>>
>>388341210
I liked his movie Don Jon
>>
>>388341053
weapons only serve specific functions
survivors serve no point anymore
all gun type weapons have the same affect meaning they can all break glass so now stuff like windex and pie just have a different damage value and nothing else compared to pistols and gernades
>>
>>388339243
I did. It gives you enough time to do most stuff anyway. I got the A ending on my first run.
>>
>>388341053
>Tell me what's wrong with it
>But don't use the long list of examples in this video

m8...
>>
>>388341236
I don't think adding time limit helps the game replayability.
>>
>>388341481
Cherry picking is a logical fallacy
>>
Dead Rising 1 was fucking good and the time limit is a must in the series, for me.
>>
>>388341560
>giving examples is a fallacy
>>
Fuck no. 3 and 4 are better.
>>
>>388339243
I liked it in 1 where it felt like you had plenty of time to do everything if you didn't fuck around.

In 2 though it seemed too restrictive, or maybe it's just because in co-op I was constantly waiting at doors for my partner to show up which was infuriating.
>>
>>388341560
It's not cherry picking when there's that much to go on.

He's not cherry picking, he's picking every leaf off the tree that is Dead Rising 4 without even touching the cherries and all that is left is a barren, frail mess
>>
File: IMG_1313.jpg (60KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1313.jpg
60KB, 586x586px
>>388341210
Don't forget the music video he's in for an up and up star.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_na_cu2IfV4
>>
File: capture.jpg (41KB, 631x324px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
41KB, 631x324px
>>388341640
>>
>>388341848
Tell me why the game is good. Without cherry picking. of course.
>>
>>388339243
I started with DR2, so in comparison the time limit is actually pretty brutal. It's not too hard to overcome once you've played enough of it, it's just a matter of limiting yourself to a small batch of things as opposed to trying to do to much at once. Getting that 50 survivor achievement was a real pain, though.
>>
>>388339243
I did 10 years ago and enjoyed this week
>>
>>388341683
At least try.
>>
>>388341053
the weapons are unsatisfying to use (that's been a problem since 2 actually there's just something about when you hit a zombie in dead rising 1 that was so satisfying)

the story is lame

bad cringey dialogue even by the standards of capcom games it's bad

and the gameplay is boring there's nothing fun about being handed all the overpowered weapons at the start of the game
>>
Yes, there's many other zombie games I could play if I didn't.
>>
>>388339243
Only insecure faggots can't handle time limits, especially on a console game that went through massive qa to ensure that it is within reasonable limits
>>
>>388341560
its not cherrypicking if he is comparing two similar things side by side
kys
>>
The original Dead Rising is literally the only good one.
>>
>>388341053
lack of enemy variety
maniacs aren't unique
le whacky crafted weapons that kill everything onscreen with a ton of flashy effects instead of having to improvise with regular real world items
>>
>>388339243
Yes. There's nothing wrong with it.
There's plenty of time to get things done once they start, and it's easy to move about the mall and plan ahead. It makes sense in context of the setting and works as a big game mechanic to give you a REAL sense of stress while dealing with all the zombies. There's also a few gaps of time where there are no new missions for a while so you can wonder about freely, and there's certainly enough time to explore most areas between some missions.
In all honestly, if you dislike one of the core mechanics of a game, you should just play something else.
>>
>>388339243
I liked it. They could've given you a bit more time though. Some of those events were close to impossible to hit.
>>
>>388340632
Except the problem with every single sandbox is that you can't do "whatever the fuck you want".

All the game offers is killing zombies, rescuing survivors, finishing the story, and improving your ability to do those things. Without the time limit, the game becomes extremely boring after completing those. With the time limit, how you play the game is radically changed.
>>
>>388339243
>he didn't learn the inverted song of time
>>
The time limit was completely harmless when you actually want to go through the game to finish it.

When you first start DR1 you use your first (or second if you want) playthroughs to just fuck about and do random missions as you can and just get levels. You're going to get your shit kicked later on due to lack of item slots of orange juices. After 1-2 fuck around runs you're more than ready to just do the entire story and the time limit is never an issue
>>
>>388341053
I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE MINIGOLF LOL XD!
>>
>>388342804
>no combo weapons
>no co-op
>no Terror is Reality
>>
>>388341560
Implying a fallacious premise invalidates an argument is a logical fallacy.
>>
Yes, I did. It reminded me a lot of Majora's Mask, and I liked that different things were going on at different times and finding those out on your own or via Otis was great.

I felt like the time limit was so ingrained in how dead rising worked and felt that it feels wrong when the Wii version and DR4 removed it. It was a unique aspect that was stripped away to market the game to more casual fans, and it backfired hard.
>>
It was good, you appreciate every consumable you pick up because you dont have time to worry about it.

At least until you get mini-chainsaws and then have the stress of the game go down the toilet.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.