[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should microtransactions be allowed when the base game isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: sc_0312.png (808KB, 773x979px) Image search: [Google]
sc_0312.png
808KB, 773x979px
Should microtransactions be allowed when the base game isn't in a playable state?
>>
>>388334991
sure. if suckers are willing throw money away, let them
>>
>>388334991
Fuck no baby

This shit is a scam at this point. It'll be 2020 or some shit when they announce this game is a dud or release an absolute rotten egg of a game. This game was far too ambitious. Does the Star Citizen backing community have any balls or are they willing to let SC fuck them over and leave them in cuck state forever?
>>
>>388335264
They're nearing cult proportions in rationalizing their lost money by now.
>>
>>388335264
There was a time it wasn't a scam?
>>
>>388334991
Yes, we don't need the government telling us what types of games are or aren't legal.
>>
>microtransactions
Pretty sure $400 is just a transaction
>>
>>388334991
How in any way is that MICROtransactions
>>
>standalone hips
>>
>>388336092
They're macrotransactions my dude
>>
>>388335116
No, because gamers at fucking retarded and will buy just about anything. Then other companies will try to copy that formula.
>>
>>388335264
It sure is a scam when all the money is going to developers and studios. I mean you can't honestly think that they're trying to scam something out of people when so much of their money has been poured into hiring people and building studios. I mean is it really a scam when hundreds of people have jobs in the industry they want to work in? It's not like Chris is sitting on a pile of 150 million. I wouldn't be surprised if they've chewed through more than half of that budget, but at least they're putting the effort into it.
>>
>>388334991
How can people pay such an absurd amount of money for a game, i can pay my rent with that money damm
>>
>>388335382
Embarrassing.

>>388335398
>>388336594

Alright, it might not be a SCAM in the sense that Chris is sitting on millions, but it's a scam in the eyes of prospective backers and there ARE backers now who are pissed. A developer tells you the people to fund the game you've always wanted to play and they feed you bullshit along the way, and because you already EXPECTED this to take a long time you're willing to give it time to germinate. So you know, what's a few years?

But at what point do you start to feel like a mark? Especially considering how dogshit that livestream was.

Inform me, please: does Star Citizen have any legal obligation to produce a (good) game?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.