[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 28

File: kh kingdom hearts.jpg (505KB, 1274x902px) Image search: [Google]
kh kingdom hearts.jpg
505KB, 1274x902px
Which was better?
>>
>>388328717
II, no question. The first is far too simple
>>
anyone that says KH1 > KH2 is just being a contrarian and wants the (you)s
>>
>>388328717
II
>>
>>388328807
PS2 KH2 was better than KH1 PS2
KH1's remix is better than KH2's Remix though
>>
>>388328807
>instead of improving on KH1's flawed level design, it just removed level design altogether
>way fewer secrets compared to 1
>way less environmental interactivity compared to 1
>generally inferior cutscene direction compared to 1
>Disney worlds/characters are far less relevant to the main story compared to 1
>Disney world scenarios/plots are weaker than 1's and are generally rehashes of the original movies (often word-for-word, with a SORA DONALD AND GOOFY occasionally thrown in)
>no league of villains
>Maleficent is a joke
>no rival character (like Riku in 1)
>no reason to revisit most worlds except when forced to
>almost all of the second visits are pointless filler
>too many original characters
>plot is extremely convoluted
>Twilight Town intro is too long and not as effective as Destiny Islands
>Sora went from slightly naive to completely retarded
>companions are way less useful than in 1, with the exception of a few overpowered limits
>auto-limit is annoying and enabled by default
>while the magic system does discourage heal spam, it also discourages using magic in general (and there's no magic-based environmental puzzles, or white mushrooms)
>enemies' elemental weaknesses often make no sense
>no tech EXP
>no dodge roll
>Guard is less satisfying than 1's
>Explosion is overpowered (as are finishers in general)
>mini-games are "cleaner" than 1's but also lack charm (especially in 100 Acre Wood)
>mission-based structure of most worlds is too restrictive and not organic, KH1 put more faith in the player to figure things out (even making you talk to NPCs in some cases)

Why are you shitposting? The first game was superior.
>>
File: pcsx2 2014-10-11 23-29-09-64.jpg (99KB, 1680x944px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2014-10-11 23-29-09-64.jpg
99KB, 1680x944px
>>388328717
I liked 1 more because the story of the series, after the first game, went to shit and it was less about Disney which is why I was hyped for the series to begin with. 2's pacing in the worlds and the level design was also worse.

>>388329310
>KH1's remix is better than KH2's Remix though
Why do you say that? I've never played the remix.
>>
File: wew.png (108KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
108KB, 512x512px
>>388328891
Or maybe I just hate how floaty 2 is, dislike the level design, hate the plot, hate the mob spawn rate, hate the mob variety and combinations in comparison to 1, think that giving the player more options does not automatically equal better game design, and can't stand the padding and QTEs?

No, obviously it's impossible to have an opinion where you think the game as a whole matters more than the upgrades to how it controls and the options you're given in combat, I'm just a contrarian.
>>
>>388328717
2 is an enhanced version of the original. Except for Atlantica. Fuck Atlantica.
>>
>>388328891
KH2 is worse than the first game in literally every single way

Yes, even the gameplay. YES, even the data org/terra.
>>
>>388328717
Controls for one were awful.
>>
KH1 is garbage on all fronts except story. KH2 blows it out in the water in every way.
>>
File: pcsx2 2014-10-27 06-12-28-61.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2014-10-27 06-12-28-61.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
Sometimes I wonder if I'm just biased for the first, but I haven't been able to bring myself to complete 2 for about a decade now. It just drags on.
>>
>>388330035
I played 2 on release because I skipped on the PS2 initially for the Gamecube because Animal Crossing and Zelda (KH1 was going to be the system seller for me).

I found it to be a fucking drag and I can't replay it. I just can't deal with going back to it because it's so monotonous. Meanwhile I picked up 1 from a friend and actually enjoyed it much more.

So no, I can confirm as someone with 0 nostalgia bias that 1 is a lot easier to stomach on replay despite jankier controls and camera, mostly because it isn't as repetitive and doesn't force quite as much backtracking.
>>
>>388329724
You proved his point. You aren't even being specific, you're just listing a bunch of bullshit.
>hate the mob spawn rate, hate the mob variety
Especially this, KH2 objectively has better enemies and more enemy variety. That isn't even a matter of opinion.
>>
>>388329483
KH2 has the dodge roll you dip
>>
>>388328717
Anyone who doesn't say 2 is a contrarian faggot.
>>
File: pcsx2 2014-10-28 04-12-14-67.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2014-10-28 04-12-14-67.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>388330340
He might dislike that there's more variety, and saying there are better enemies is subjective. I liked KH1's more from what I can remember of 2.
>>
>>388330340
>KH2 objectively has better enemies and more enemy variety.
90% of which have "press triangle to automatically counter their best/only move" and the remaining 10 being a bunch of fodder enemies designed to die on masse, the cars, the centuar and the box nobodies
>>
>>388328717
1 does a lot of great things
-variety of colorful worlds that all feel unique
-magic being useful for exploration and other purposes other than combat
>lots of unique ideas
>cool bosses
>the overall sense of magic and life
and much more

2 has good combat and that's all I can say about it
However, if we judge these games on their gameplay alone, 2 is just so much better just because of how well made it is
While the feeling of magic and the joys of backtracking to find new items is absent in 2, I still can have fun with it just for the combat
When you've already seen all the magic and cutscenes all you're left with a game is its gameplay, and 2 has the better gameplay

tl;dr 1 is a better experience, but 2 is the better game
>>
>>388328717
kh2 isn't even an RPG, it's a shitty devil may cry clone with level ups with a handful of re-release only bosses being fun and everything else being press triangle to win cinematic horseshit

the only part of the game that was improved was the spaceship stuff and that was in part because they made it way easier to ignore
>>
2 is far and away the objectively better game just some people are bitter about them expanding the story
>>
2 is a bigger number than a game that doesn't have a number. So I think it's objectively clear that 2 is better.
>>
>>388328717
1 of course.
I bought 2 upon release and it sucked.
>>
>>388330587
You literally proved his point again, no specific examples, just numbers you pulled out of your ass. How utterly retarded do you have to be to have this little self awareness?
>>
>>388329483
>while the magic system does discourage heal spam, it also discourages using magic in general
I'm a big kh2 hater but I gotta disagree on this one, the magic system is way better.

In kh1 your MP and the effectiveness/damage of your spells was the same. This meant that magic either sucks because you didn't focus on it so you dont focus on it so it sucks, or magic is super overpowered where you can cast dozens of fire spells that one shot enemies

kh2's system would be really interesting if the overal combat design supported it properly. Being able to combo attacks and magic into eachother is awesome, and the way the pink recharge bar, the drive bar and ethers interact with eachother means the combat has small but important tradeoffs you can make in real time based on personal playstyle or the situation you're in.

Again, if the game was actually designed around this stuff it could've been really satisfying and interesting, but this is a game series made by morons so instead they just threw this all in the trash for command deck spamfest
>>
File: Cats.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cats.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>388330764
>devil may cry
I knew it, I knew the KH haters were dmc faggots lol

Like fucking really these people shit on KH combat but get off to DMC fucking lol
>>
>>388330764
DMC4 has 13-14 different enemy types by my count (depending on what you consider an "enemy," maybe 15 if you wanna be really generous) with a couple variations through the Chimera seeds. DMC3 has about 20 different enemy types, including some throwaway types like the Dullahan, and both DMC3 and 4 have a lot of enemies that are just altered or upgraded versions of other enemies.

If you don't count throwaway enemies like Vivi clones and Scar's ghost, KH2 still has close to 60, each with a completely unique moveset and without any palette swaps or reused models. That's just counting normal enemies, not bosses (and I don't think I should have to explain why KH2 blows away its competition in terms of boss battles). You can literally add DMC3 and 4's enemies together and it's barely more than half what KH2 has to offer.
>>
>>388328717
I enjoy 2 more, but I can understand why some would prefer 1.
>>
>>388330623
>tl;dr 1 is a better experience, but 2 is the better game
So 1 is the better game. Don't use autistic arguments like "if you play it for 10 hours past the boring intro shit it gets fun".
>>
>>388328717
I like the first one better. It has so much more soul.
>>
>>388331165
>Cats.jpg
>>
Vote Here
http://www.strawpoll.me/13792903
>>
>>388331187
I'm talking about DMC1 you clown.

>KH2 still has close to 60, each with a completely unique moveset
too bad the heavy majority of them have press triangle to win, and they all have shit AI that can't deal with the massive amount of aoe/iframes sora has in this game.

Shit, the FIRST game had better AI on its enemies, because the magic enemies would actively try to run away and shoot you in the back, shadows would try and sneak up on you, soldiers were more aggressive ect

>(and I don't think I should have to explain why KH2 blows away its competition in terms of boss battles)
you absolutely should because they're the worst offenders of press a button -> something awesome happens QTE to win nonsense. Even most of the data org boil down to "survive for a while and then use a reaction command to weaken me"
>>
>>388331269
There's a difference for when a game can have an impact on you and when a game is well made and is enjoyable to play
1 is the game that made want people more KH
2 is the game that hyped people up with how much cool, crazy shit you could do while still being balanced and challengning
If I had the choice right now to go back and play 1 or 2 for gameplay alone, I would choose 2
If I had the choice to completely forget one of these games and replay it again like its my first time, I would choose 1
>>
>>388331439
If this leaves the sensible thread 2 will win because KH fags are 100% autistic and actually like the vile story of the games past 1.
>>
>>388331453
For the sake of argument, let's go over some Nobodies and Org bosses "press triangle to win".

Gambler/Samurai: Easy to trigger but require skill to complete successfully with a penalty if you fail. These two are absolutely not the easiest paths to victory in a fight. Gambler doesn't help at all - just gives a chance for money.

Berserker/Sniper/Dragoon: Require specific action to trigger (finisher / get very close to bullet / block). You will do some of these naturally but if you know what you are doing and can trigger them intentionally it will help. For example, it is almost always smart to go after a Berserker early in a fight due to its RC, but you really don't want it to ever recover after going after it.

Xemnas I: Requires excellent timing to best counter during the skyscraper move.

Xemnas II: Bind - trigger by dodging near him to get him to attack and still have time to RC for a free combo. We shall go together - *don't* respond at the end to return to the ground in a safer position.

Xaldin: Requires guard or being near an attack without being hit.

Saix: Requires dodging an attack, getting to a claymore, then getting to him in a small amount of time. Especially tricky in the data fight where the claymores disappear quickly.

Pretty much every single one of these RCs contributes to a richer and more interesting game. A few just add little flourishes while others are pretty integral to the gameplay and require setups.
>>
File: hand holding.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hand holding.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
KH2 for all the lewd hand holding it had.
>>
>>388331546
I don't care about the story and I found the plot for both games to be rather dumb. 1 felt like a slog to me a lot of the time and I personally much preferred playing 2. 2 easily takes the cake for me.
>>
I still have my release copy of II with the receipt from FUCKING GAMESTOP in the pamphlet clips from 2005.

Game's beginning is comfy and somber as fuck. Game itself is god damn great. Didn't care for how convoluted the story begins to get though, but gameplay-wise, 2 was excellent.

Sephiroth was a lot easier in 2 than he was in 1 however. Spamming Triangle made the fight easier, whereas in 1 you actively had to avoid shit by hand.
>>
>>388330340
>You aren't even being specific
I listed multiple specific problems I have. I don't like the level design, the plot, the spawn rate, etc. I'm sorry I didn't give an essay explaining each point in detail, but I see you're not criticizing him for simply saying "it better an anybody who think otherwise is A CONTWAWIAN!!1!!" Obviously disliking our lord and savior KH2 is verboten on this board.

>KH2 objectively has better enemies and more enemy variety
The spawn rate is about how KH1's already-obnoxious spawn rate was boosted in KH2. There are segments where you'll walk three steps and counter another mob spawn. It's fucking ridiculous and ruins the flow of the game.

The variety comment is because encounters boil down to groups of two at best in almost all cases, just like KH1, but each individual enemy isn't as nuanced despite there being far more. Whereas a new kind of Heartless often meant learning a new method of attack and some pattern recognition in KH1, KH2 mobs tend to be two different kinds of aggressive piss-mobs you can chop away pretty quickly and whose strategy often revolves around hitting a QTE at just the right time (most Nobody mobs, the laser spewers in Hollow Bastion whose names escape me, etc) or one kind of little guy and one kind of BIG FUCK YOU monster akin to the large bodies from 1 (Centaur, Cars, HYUGE viruses, etc). It's just not as engaging to me as having to learn how to counter Defenders and Invisibles. It's the same basic game design, but I felt it wasn't pulled off as well both because of the larger enemy roster (there's only like, what, 12 non-recolor heartless in 1? it's pretty low) and your new control scheme.

But yeah, no, I'm just OBJECTIVELY wrong because my opinion isn't the norm and I didn't write a big fucking essay explaining each point in detail, you're right.
>>
>>388329310
>KH1's remix is better than KH2's Remix though
are you saying khfm is better then kh2fm
>>
>>388328807

and clean
>>
>>388331853
>Spamming Triangle made the fight easier
What are you talking about?
You block one move from Sephy using triangle
You can't beat him by spamming triangle because there is no reaction command to hurt him
>>
File: pcsx2 2014-10-28 03-34-43-76.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2014-10-28 03-34-43-76.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>388332013
>>
SORA BETTER FUCK KAIRI IN KH3 BOI
>>
>>388331685
You are overplaying how hard it is to block or otherwise react to these moves and downplaying that the RC's you get from them let you do massive damage and/or let you be heavily invincibile, the risk/reward is way fucked up

in the first game all you had was a roll that barely had any iframes, a floaty ass jump and a block you have the potential of not having for most of the game if you pick sword to avoid hits and manouver around. in KH2 you have insane mobility and cutscene/auto homing reaction commands even before the more broken shit like limit form or fire/magnet stunlocks or most summons making you effectively immune to fodder enemies for several minutes if you use them properly or limit spam + ethers

you simply have too many options in KH2, it doesn't matter if they marginally made the enemies more effective when sora is god. KH1 was more challenging/interesting in its combat on proud than critical ever was outside of a few bosses that would feel like a mid boss in DMC, ninja gaiden or actual ACTUAL 3D action games from the same era. So for the combat to be the only part of the game that wasn't heavily downgraded from the last one, it needs to be a lot better than it is.
>>
>>388332026
Did you even read the rest of his sentence, or did KH2 addle your brain?

He said sephiroth just having a "press triangle to not die" attack is way easier to deal with than having to manually roll/sonic blade away from his teleporting slash bullshit in KH1
>>
>>388330623
I think 2's gameplay is better in a vacuum, but the game designed around it brings it down. It's better than 1 purely from the aspect of control it gives the player and the level of nuance it can present, but if the mobs aren't much fun to fight then that doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm much more forgiving of the moment-to-moment gameplay in action RPGs because they're juggling a whole lot of shit at once, and if I just wanted excellent action combat I'd play a damn fine action game instead.

Here's hoping 3 finds a good middle ground. I was completely dismissive of it until the recent trailers, but it seems like there's enough gimmicks and differences between levels that it might actually stand up as an all-around experience.
>>
File: KH3 Secret Ending.jpg (52KB, 601x800px) Image search: [Google]
KH3 Secret Ending.jpg
52KB, 601x800px
>>388332104
It'll be the secret movie you unlock for playing on Critical.
>>
>>388332123
>in the first game all you had was a roll that barely had any iframes, a floaty ass jump and a block
Strike Raid literally has 100% invincibility for the entire animation, low MP cost and it's impossible to run out of MP in KH1. Cure can be used forever for the same reason. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>388332104
>Kairi
>not Namine
>not Kairi and Namine fucking each other
get a load of this homo
>>
>>388332213
He does this in 2 as well
besides the reaction command, he still teleport an attacks you, there are other attacks that you still have to actively try to block and dodge so what he said wasn't true, that was his interpretation of the fight when comparing the two
also he said "spamming triangle" which is a way of saying you turn off your brain which is not true
>>
>>388332513
I mean Namine has a little bit of Sora in there so I guess that might work if that little piece was a penis.
>>
KH2 is better for me as a fan. I don't find anything wrong with the battle system in 1, they just improved on it in a lot of aspects in 2. Also a level 1 run is so extremely fun in 2 than one, you know, the ultimate challenge for the main games.
>>
I'd like 2 more if it wasn't so padded.
You really didn't need to revisit every goddamn world.
>>
I notice that what usually happens is that posters sperg out when someone says 1 was better and/or insult those who prefer 1 while 1-posters tend to say "2 was better at this but 1 was better at this and I put more stock in that."

I think this correlates to the amount of crazy anime bullshit in 2.
>>
>>388332448
Strike raid also does shit damage and most bosses can just manouver past it. meanwhile you can spam reflect all fucking day until you land a hit for massive counter damage against everything around you.

You're also, again, missing the point entirely. KH1 has a couple things that make the combat really easy if you exploit them. Literally everything in KH2 is insanely overpowered compared to the enemies unless you play like an actual child who just mashes the x button endlessly (and even then, that still destroys most of the regular enemies and some bosses because of how good regular attacks get once you load up on abilities in KH2)

Sequels are supposed to IMPROVE on the last game. It's a lot more acceptable for KH1 to be exploitable because it came out first after 20 revisions and maybe a year or so of proper development. KH2 was in development for ages and has nothing to show for it but a lot of very nice looking animations
>>
>>388332104
I WANT EVERYBODY TO HAVE A HAPPY ENDING, THEY ALL SUFFERED ENOUGH
EVEN TERRA, EVEN XION, EVEN VANITAS
>>
>>388332813
you people make dumb points that are all wrong and stupid
>>
>>388332806
Fans of the first game aren't usually autistic fans of the series as a whole.
>>
>>388332813
Some would say that the overpowered bullshit is the point.
I think it's the kind of stuff you should only unlock in the last fourth of the game in order to style on mobs and take on superbosses.
>>
>>388332884
At the end, this is still a Disney game. Happy endings are happening for all the protags. Probably have a party on Destiny Islands.
>>
>>388332813
>most bosses can just manouver past it
It mauls Sephiroth who is the fastest boss in the game
>Literally everything in KH2 is insanely overpowered
Like an MP system that prevents you from healing forever?
>>
1 has better levels, characters, and presentation. 2 has better mechanics. I prefer the first game.
>>
>>388328717
KH2.
>>
>>388332013
Underrated
>>
>>388333162
Actually, KH2 fans tend to only like that entry (1 isn't bad though) because of how far above its mechanics are in general.

Heck, look at the backlash this KH2 speedrunner got for rightfully calling out the KH3 trailers looking like shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GneueoIbVCU
>>
KH1 is better because it does much better at developing your feels. KH2 assumes you already care, so it doesnt do anything in the narrative to make you care. I didnt LOVE KH1 so much that I just accept all the characters and plots.
>>
>>388332923
I'm with this guy
>>
>>388328717
Please don't do this. The KH fanbase is too autistic to have an actual argument. Only 1/10 or 10/10 exists ni their minds and they form most of their opinions on ecelebs and they're only allowed to like one game
>>
>>388333647
>eceleb boogeyman
Osakafag detected
>>
>>388333252
>Like an MP system that prevents you from healing forever?
KH2 is way worse about exploitable healing because it has better ethers that you can use from quick slots, earlier access to heal barrier, and limit form which is completely busted. KH2 healing using all your MP is actually a benefit because it gets you into recharge and thus gets you crazy drive meter.

All of this in a game where its way, way easier to avoid taking damage in the first place
>>
>>388328717
Re:CoM
>>
>>388333501
>98 dislikes

such a massive backlash his life is literally over
>>
>>388333647
There's a couple posts in this very thread that lay out why the poster thinks game a is better than game b but that doesn't make either game unshakably good or unspeakably bad.
>>
>>388328717
I like both almost the same, but for different reasons. That said i'd gladly replay KH2 over KH1 especially the optional content
>>
>>388333647
False.
>>
>>388333501
Ah I like guys like this. Not for nitpicking but for having a brain.
>>
>>388333785
tinkerbell and aero just make you able to tank all the damage KH1 has to offer and you can spam heals in the middle of ennemy attacks if that's somehow not enough, while the damage you take replenishes your MP.

It's easier to avoid taking damage in KH2 because it's not a game balanced around taking the damage in the first place.
>>
>>388333765
Look i like KH2 the most, easily, but people need to stop relying on speedrunners so much. At least BB. B047 is fine and he even tries to help improve the game. BB just wants 1:1 KH2 but doesn't want to admit it.
If all tools in KH3 are balanced it will be fine, he also totally ignored that we already saw multiple finishers.
I can always replay KH2, i don't want the exact same game again.
>>
>>388328717
Yeah
>>
>>388328717
Both are shit.

I SAY IT AS CLEAR AS I FUCKING CAN
EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T RELEASE STUFF FOR THE PC IS A GREEDY JEW

I DON'T FUCKING OWN A CRT AND I WON'T GET MY PS2 OUT OF THE FUCKING BASEMENT TO PLUG IT INTO A HD SCREEN

AND IM SURE AS FUCK AIN'T GOING TO PURCHASE THIS GARBAGE FOR THE PS3

JUST GO FUCK YOURSELVES NOW IM FUCKING MAD
>>
>>388333785
>because it has better ethers
You can restore full MP with items in KH1 too and pick Elixirs infinitely from Rabbit's Garden so acquiring them is no problem. You also get enough MP back to heal simply by getting hit (MP Rage).

You got blown the fuck out by this anon >>388331685 and have been trying to save face since. Get over yourself
>>
File: 2389247287942937434.png (34KB, 944x1284px) Image search: [Google]
2389247287942937434.png
34KB, 944x1284px
>kh thread
>>
>>388334231
The games are bad because you can't (won't) play them?
>>
Both are amazing, 2 improved on a lot but messed some stuff up. 1 was simple but done right.
>>
>>388334231
You can emulate both. What is wrong with you?
>>
>>388334389
>The games are bad because you can't pirate them
Fixed

Also I've played them and even 100% them about 10 years ago.

I'm just mad as fuck that it is impossible to play the remixes on PC.
>>
KH
>great villain
>amazing soundtrack
>like playing through an actual Disney movie

KH2
>anime story
>violins everywhere
>unnecessary worlds

also, KH1 had Chernabog
>>
>>388334386
>/v/
>>
>>388329310
Other way around buddy. Kh1 slays kh2.

Kh2fm is so good it flips the dynamic.
>>
>>388334572
You can play 2FM translated on pc at least.
>>
>>388328717
I played them both back to back for the first time in ten years and I was shocked how fucking slow and clunky KH1 was compared to 2. But man, KH1 had way more memorable bits than KH2, I remember more quotes just from Hollow Bastion and End of the World than I do from the entirety of KH2.

I want all the games to come to PC, just so some madman can mod KHI to have KHII's combat system/physics, then we'll truly have the GOAT Kingdom Hearts game.
>>
>>388334572
>not just emulating
>especially when 2 even has patches to make it basically like the remixes
>>
I knew KH2 was gonna be shit the moment they changed Twilight Town's music once you got control over Sora

for what fucking purpose
>>
>>388334865
I never really realized it, but fuck you're right, there are two different songs I can play in my head when I think of Twilight Town
>>
>people actually play these games
fags
>>
File: Every KH thread.jpg (310KB, 763x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Every KH thread.jpg
310KB, 763x1100px
>>388334386
>kh thread
>>
>>388334668
>great villain
Who? The anime fuccboi, the darkness fetishist or the assorted disney villains?
>>
>>388334572
Just get a PS4 and the HD collections. It's not that hard.
>>
>>388328717
1 has better worlds and a better story

2 has better combat
>>
>>388334760
Nice. I vastly prefer 1 over 2 but guess I'll give KH2FM a go then.
>>
>>388334820
That's basically impossible though, KH2 has no equivalents to all of the exploration stuff you can do in 1
>>
>>388335176
KH games have exploration?
>>
>>388335272
barely but it tends to be fairly dull
>>
>>388331187
Fucking this. I actually don't get why people worship DMC or Bayonetta. Their base gameplay isn't really any better and focuses ways to much on combos. Having a fuck ton of ways to do the same thing, but less efficiently, no real reason to use them, and nothing to do with them aside from wail on stunned, defenseless enemies, offers me absolutely nothing of interest.

In KH2 every spell, every summon, and most melee attacks are all important, tactically relevant part of Sora's arsenal, and he also has Drive forms which completely change both his melee strings/finishers and his spells' functionality. The end result is that KH2 winds up with a moveset consisting of far more meaningful options than almost any other action game.
>>
>>388335272
What is shooting magic at flowers in Alice's place, and Jane's camp, the Trinity marks, using gravity on the treasure chest in Hollow Bastion, and God knows others I'm forgetting right now
>>
>>388334572
You can even emulate the PS3 versions. But PS2 versions with hacks is the best way to play.
>>
>>388335162
It's better mainly because of the new platforming level and you can fight all of the organization members. Not to mention the lingering will fight which is also great.
>>
>>388331853
>release copy of II with the receipt from FUCKING GAMESTOP in the pamphlet clips from 2005
The hype was real back then. I cant remember the last time a game was anticipated so heavily, not even KH3 has reached these levels because of all the games we've gotten since 2
>>
Reminder that KH3 won't be the end of it, we may be done with Xehanort, but it's also gonna serve as the prep work for 4's wild ride
>>
>>388334807
>>388334862
There are no patches for 1 though
>>
>>388335510
Oh, forgot to mention the mushroom challenges which are fun as fuck.
>>
>>388328717
2 had better core gameplay
1 had better story and level design
>>
>>388328717
What new worlds do you want in 3?
>>
>>388335729
The remix fucked up fighting the Pink Agaricus anyway so who cares about it
>>
>>388335896
Treasure Planet and before the last trailer Toy Story. So we're halfway there.
>>
>>388328717
II
>>
>>388330764
>isn't even an RPG
Wrong. It's an action-RPG.
>Gummi ship was improved
Fuck outta here.
>>
>>388328717
Birth by Sleep
>>
>>388330764
Have you fought Sephiroth?
>>
>>388335272
Pretty much every level in the first game does. Have you played it?
>>
>>388336213
shit gameplay, shit story, shit stupid characters, shit empty world
kill yourself for your shit taste you shitty shit
>>
>>388335443
>looking for postcards all over traverse town
>the weird dark fruit in Deep Jungle
>looking for all the rooms in the cave of wonders
>trying to get to the top of that one fucking chamber in monstro
>going through the graves in halloween town to get to the spot with the hanging skeleton
>the gate puzzle in the hollow bastion dungeon or sewers or whatever it was
>traveling through the universe to find all 101 dalmatians
KH2 had none of this, fuck KH2
>>
File: 1497181501581.gif (938KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497181501581.gif
938KB, 285x200px
>>388336213
>>
>>388336475
>traveling through the universe to find all 101 dalmatians
I loved that one puppy who'd follow you throughout the room back in the Dalmatians place, so not having anything like it in 2 was the greatest loss, along with shooting blizzard in the braziers not doing anything in Agrabah
>>
>m-muh exploration
Why this is the KH1fags only argument ?
>>
>>388336691
Olympus Coliseum, rather
>>
>>388336475
just remembered another one
>the NPCs and salesman in agrabah that you only find if you run around before going to the cave of wonders
>>
>>388336475
Some arbitrary secrets in poorly designed maps arenn't at all comparable to KH2's Cavern of Remembrance and Data Org fights.
>>
>>388336989
>Cavern of Remembrance and Data Org fights
These were things added in the final mix version. vanilla KH1 had all the other stuff and the final mix added a few things on top of that. fuck kh2
>>
>>388336691
it was also neat to go back to their house once in a while to watch the short cutcenes. it was worth it rather than just going back in the end to get ll the rewards in one go

>the complete gummi collection
>>
>>388337291
What stuff? Those are arbitrary secrets, they don't follow any consistent rules or game mechanics of exploration, and the level design is clumsy at best and atrocious at worst (Deep Jungle, Atlantica come to mind). KH2 has god-tier combat, actual consistent exploration that isn't "use fire on random spot and get underwhelming reward", and some of the best boss fights in vidya.
>>
>>388336713
I love KH1 but man people must have some low standards if they consider that stuff in KH1 exploration
>>
>>388332013
Nice
>>
>>388328717
The one with a conclusive ending
>>
>>388328717
1 is about disney

2 is about emasculated Japanese children.
>>
>>388338623
>emasculated
>>
>>388328717
Birth by Sleep
>>
>>388335008
>ffvs13

it was another time...
>>
>>388340582
Kill yourself.
>>
>>388335008
Kekd hard at Simple and Clean
>>
KH2 is overrated
KH1 is underrated
BBS is hated too much
DDD isn't hated enough
>>
KH2>BBS>KH1>DDD

Anyone who disagrees with this needs to be shot on sight and not entitled to an opinion for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>388341026
DDD ruined the story a whole lot more than 2 did, that's for sure
>>
>>388329310
But KH2's remix is more well balanced and comes with significantly more new content than KH1's remix
>>
File: 1456618886901.png (246KB, 568x436px) Image search: [Google]
1456618886901.png
246KB, 568x436px
>>388329724
>dislike the level design
But the level design in KH1 is far worse. KH1 had a huge number of segments with forced platforming mechanics despite the game not being made as a platformer. The Tarzan level was hell. Worse yet, the Peter Pan level is full of really small passageways which, when combined with the camera, made it hard to see where you're going and made it easy to go in and out of rooms accidentally.
>>
>>388341378
At this point it's so over the top that it's good again. BBS and KH2 took themself almost too serious.
That said the story was never anyhting special to begin with
>>
>>388342849
Sora just laughing it off that he keeps getting his powers taken in 0.2 was the best part about that whole thing.
>>
>>388328717
bump
>>
>>388341718
>the level design in KH1 is far worse
this
Every level in KH1 feels horribly cramped
>>
>>388328717
KH II was better because you could play as the best boy in the beginning
>>
>>388341026
this post is spot on
>>
File: 1502334436340.jpg (79KB, 933x541px) Image search: [Google]
1502334436340.jpg
79KB, 933x541px
Long and elaborate Kairi and Sora sex scene in KH3 please. It also has to have been mocapped by Hayden and Haley complete with authentic voice acting. I need this.
>>
File: 1501309432387.png (519KB, 1033x6061px) Image search: [Google]
1501309432387.png
519KB, 1033x6061px
>>388329724
KH1 has shit levels but KH2 has no levels
>>388328891
KH2 is worse
>>
File: dym.jpg (46KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
dym.jpg
46KB, 635x476px
>>388345348
That's not real best boy
>>
File: C9TPhMLXkAEqiZT.jpg (68KB, 1018x785px) Image search: [Google]
C9TPhMLXkAEqiZT.jpg
68KB, 1018x785px
>>388345672
>the review's only mention of gameplay is the heavy use of the X and triangle buttons
>the review doesn't even consider the amount of depth to be had in learning enemy attack patters and changing abilities to suit each individual boss fight, picking proper drive forms, summons, and magic to suit the particular situation (like using Fire magic to dispatch enemies when surrounded or Magnet to make it easier to inflict combos upon enemies that move around too much)
Shit review desu
>>
>>388328717
Am I the only one that thought 358/2 Days was the best Kingdom Hearts game?
>>
File: 1478468909479.png (211KB, 486x288px) Image search: [Google]
1478468909479.png
211KB, 486x288px
>>388346632
I hope so
I really, REALLY hope you are the only one
>>
>>388346218
It does consider the amount of depth: zero.
>leaf bracer/second wind/once more makes cure broken as fuck
>combined with reflect you'll never die
>don't have to aim at all, sora will always hit his target for you
>drive forms let you mash better, i guess
>summons are... I never had to use them, did you?
>enemy attack patterns? what attack patterns?
inb4 "but it gets sorta hard if you fight the optional bosses at the very end of the game"
>>
>>388345974
Demyx is great but Roxas is better
>>
File: Kairi-_Concept_2_(Art)_KH_.png (476KB, 660x788px) Image search: [Google]
Kairi-_Concept_2_(Art)_KH_.png
476KB, 660x788px
>>388345672
tl;dr
>>
>>388346870
That's a big mouth.
>>
>>388346732
Summons are extremely useful for staying alive when in trouble. Stich and Chicken Little in particular since Chicken Little comes with a magnet ability and Stich can fully heal you without you using any magic at all.

Wisdom Form is important for being able to stay far away from enemies when getting close is dangerous, such as when fighting Dancers (though Magnet is also good for Dancers)
>>
>>388346729
what was there not like about it?
>>
>>388346870
>Bottom line: Kingdom Hearts II is "a lot like Disney World, if Disney World were a shoebox."
>>
>>388346732
>>388346986
>what enemy attack patterns
Every enemy has a very specific form of movement and attack order that can be predicted and manipulated. Bosses especially so. If you can't learn to figure out what to do when they do what attack you'll fall apart against them when in critical mode. As a basic example, the fight against Sephiroth will have him use a special attack that throws you to 1HP before he even begins attacking. You can use reaction commands to stop this provided you know its coming. Once this is done, he'll teleport around and try to melee attack you. If you can move away from him and then get him into a combo, you can stun lock him until your combos are over (which is why using Fatal Crest is a very good idea for this fight since you can deplete multiple bars at a time in a single combo). Eventually he'll teleport away and repeat until his health is less than halfway, at which point in between his melee attacks and fire pulling attack he'll spam meteors at you which you need to use Reflect for. And then repeat. That's a simple one and a lot of boss fights are more interesting than his (if easier due to doing less damage to you, but still) but its an example of attack patterns.
>>
>>388347178
The plot retcons itself.
Many enemies are just damage sponges.
Despite being a game about Roxas and the Organization, the game focuses on a new character with no personality who has no bearing on the overarching plot of the series
>>
>>388347553
>Despite being a game about Roxas and the Organization, the game focuses on a new character
New character? What are you talking about, I don't remember a new character
>>
>>388347475
>If you can't learn to figure out what to do when they do what attack you'll fall apart against them when in critical mode
then they must have been pretty simple because I can't really remember any memorable enemies or patterns
>>
>>388346973
for you
>>
File: xion.png (2MB, 1876x2732px) Image search: [Google]
xion.png
2MB, 1876x2732px
>>388347791
Here. I'll post a picture for you
>>
KH2 combat/forms with KH1 world would be amazing
>>
>>388348037
Nope, not ringing any bells. I guess I must've forgotten about her
>>
KH2>KH1>DDD>literal dogshit>BBS
>>
I hated 2s use of magic, the 'tutorial' was also only fun once. Fleshing the worlds out enough to warrant returning was nice though.
In closing, both are superior to the fucking card game, I can't stand that shit.
>>
>>388348501
Goddamn, Re:Chain of Memories was garbage.
>>
KH1 was the bettter Disney game.
KH2 was the better JRPG.
>>
>>388328717
As someone who is not a fan of FF/Disney characters and judge the games by it's own merits and not for nostalgia/fanservices. I can say that KH1 is an irremediable piece of shit of a game, it just fucking sucks, the gameplay, the graphics, the minigames, the cringy story, etc. The only good thing about the game is the music. So yeah the game is objectively shit. I haven't played KHii but I've watched some gameplay and it appears to be really fun and far superior in terms of gameplay, that alone would make it a way better game for me.
>>
File: 1381811145892.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1381811145892.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
Anyone actually play KH1 recently?

Slow clunky platforming, gathering supplies for the raft in Destiny Islands, chasing Donald and Goofy through Traverse Town, stumbling through Wonderland until you're finally on the right part of the kitchens wall or ceiling, falling off vines and getting lost in Deep Jungle, I'm falling asleep here. KH2 has the awkward chore section with Roxas but after that the game is fun, but KH1 is a fucking slog for much longer.
>>
>>388351224
Those were my thoughts when I first played it a month or so ago. I found the combat dull with a few exceptions too.
>>
>>388332884
>EVEN TERRA
Terra suffered too much
>>
>>388329483
Great summary. KH2 is horrible compared to KH1. The added dungeon in Final Mix is great though.
>>
>>388329483
This. 2 still has some highlights and is smoother and fun to play but it lacks heart.
>>
File: 1422501232925.jpg (74KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
1422501232925.jpg
74KB, 640x398px
>>388351429
It really bothers me how much I dislike KH1 now. It used to be one of my favorite games of all time, it was pure magic to me. Now it's a painful experience that I'm forcing myself to finish because I want to go through the entire series once more before KH3. Will the other games put a bad taste in my mouth as well? Because I remember enjoying all of them, even the less popular Nintendo DS games, but now I'm worried.
>>
>>388347814
Man, fighting Sephiroth in 1 was such a thrill, the invisible health bar, when he starts running after you instead of walking, figuring out his heartless angel bullshit, avoiding omni slash and meteor
>>
>>388352725
I found chain fun if repetitive after a while, 2 was great, days is dull and has tons of damage sponges, coded is pretty good, bbs is pretty fun and I haven't touched ddd yet.
>>
>>388328717
KH2 has better combat but KH1 had a better story and better worlds
>>
>>388352061
Dumbass deserved it.
>>
>>388352870
isn't it sin harvest angel?
>>
>>388328717
1 is better.

>better world design
>magic is actually useful
>better writing
>less filler
>better villains

KH2 may have a better combat system overall, but it sacrifices so much of what made the first game good to achieve that.
>>
>>388352061
terra wouldn't have suffered if he had just listened to his fucking friends
most of KH is his fault
>>
>kh2's combat is better

Do you fags really enjoy mashing X to win over KH1's more tactical approach
>>
>>388353504
haha aw you never tried playing on critical did you
>>
>>388353504
they're both the same
>>
>>388353569
Do you mean replaying this game? No thanks
>>
>>388353748
point is you played on easy like a scrub
>>
>>388353504
kh1 had nice tactical fights like ansem ursula, etc. kh2 has better combat overall and it's BADASS. kh1 isn't badass. try level 1 fag
>>
File: 354354435435435.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
354354435435435.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>No, seriously. Ventus' dick is this big.
>>
>>388328717
II because that reflective shit was cool
>>
>>388353962
>Badass.
So what were you thinking when you recorded that video at your malls parking lot?
>>
>>388354053
i was thinking that it made fags like you irritated
>>
>>388353925
Hold up, that's final mix, I'm talking about vanilla, which I played on proud, and it's still X-mashing shit
>>
>>388353962
>casting fira on some magical pot
>tactical
>>
>>388354154
i'm talking about the big boss fight on proud mode. felt like you had to manage your attacks to restore that extra mp bar while also conserving aeros and heals for when needed and also swimming away from that fucking attack she does. then it gets harder when it's constantly near the end. i thought it was hard as balls on my recent playthrough. same thing with the ansem fight after the first couple battles
>>
>>388353962
Maybe it looks cool, but it's shallow as fuck, and that's a problem when it comes to the core gameplay
>>
>>388354352
it's not that shallow. in level 1 mode you can really see how the game shines. there is some depth in how finishers work and drives work, but everything on the surface is enough for you to have the most insane action rpg battles.
>>
>>388328717
>>
>>388354317
Oh ok yeah. Those lighting things did start to spam when her HP went down.
>>
File: 1418747548964.png (167KB, 264x328px) Image search: [Google]
1418747548964.png
167KB, 264x328px
>>388353970
Is that when it's soft or hard?
>>
>>388355701
both
>>
>>388328717
Story
1>2
Gameplay
2>1
Swapping to UE killed the series
>>
>>388357494
>Swapping to UE killed the series
What does this mean?
>>
>>388357494

What? How?
>>
>>388357494
Do you want them to stay on the old engine forever? Even for current gen numbered KH?
Or are you one of those guys that thinks it would have been better with luminous even though the engine is still unstable and only one division at square works with it
>>
>>388357494
.. for 3 which isn't even out yet nor close to coming out? The KH games have used the same engine from 1 all the way to 3D, and even reused assets like crazy. Getting the devs to get off their fucking asses and rework everything from the ground up on a new engine is better this way.
>>
>>388357494
Had Versus come out on time, we could have had a KH3 that looked somewhat better than KH2 on the PS3.
>>
>>388359858
We would've gotten a KH3 in development hell instead because it would've probably used Crystal Tools
>>
>>388329483
Almost all of these are not even arguments.
>>
Why is Chi a story about 5 idiots? Darkness truly has to do nothing to win.
>>
>>388328717
There was a lot of things I liked about the original Kingdom Hearts that didn't carry over to KH2. Instead of polishing the flawed concepts they went the lazy route and cut, cut, cut everything out like so many other sequels. And let's not even get into the plot.
>>
File: recom.png (202KB, 658x463px) Image search: [Google]
recom.png
202KB, 658x463px
Can we talk about how terrible this game is? I have a fondness for the original but this shit is just lazy and tedious. Also either they nerfed 0 cards or the 60 FPS change fucked with them because they're almost useless now, the enemy stun from card break is so short that they can immediately break your 0 after you break them. Not just for bosses but for almost every basic enemy.

It doesn't help that I'm playing this almost immediately after 1, this game is like 80% Kingdom Hearts assets, 10% Kingdom Hearts 2 assets, and 10% original. The original had such charming sprites and this version loses that. For anyone who still hasn't played COM and is planning to, PLAY THE GAME BOY ADVANCE VERSION.
>>
>>388341026
I never understood the hate for BBS, when it came out /v/ was jerking off so hard to the story. Later on I guess autistic KH2fags decided the combat was shit because it was easy, I don't know. I had way more fun with BBS than KH2 so it's a mystery to me.
>>
>>388363921
>Spam sleights: the game
I regret wasting my time with this
>>
File: Eu95Un1.gif (1MB, 375x283px) Image search: [Google]
Eu95Un1.gif
1MB, 375x283px
>>388363921
>sword combos you while tossing out 3 exploding, bouncing presents
>No mickey cards during THAT battle
>>
>>388364189
I enjoyed stocking up on cloud cards and murdering bosses with omni slash
>>
>>388363921
Nah, just play Re:Com and make your deck so that you can spam sonic blade by mashing the combination button. Was playing through this game with a friend at his place and once we figured out that method, it took any meaningful challenge out of the game but we were only playing it for the story anyway while shooting the shit.
>>
>>388353504
>kh1
>tactical
I completed the game on proud by just mashing X
>>
>>388351224
kh1 is a slog the whole fucking time
>>
>>388351224
I think your problem is that you don't actually pay attention to what's going on so when you do everything on auto-pilot you find it a "slog". You can skip the whole vines section very easily.
>>
>kh1 requires more skill and precision
>2 has floaty combos
Yeah okay so that's why kh1 is never at a GDQ gotcha. It's not like lvl 1 critical in 2fm is hard or anything pppfffffffff
>>
How do you obtain a coat? Everyone seems to have them. Did MoM leave some lying around?

While I'm already typing. Have they said anything about customizing Sora in 3 like you can with Aqua?
>>
>>388367079
They said maybe.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.