[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (181KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
181KB, 1680x1050px
>>
mossman had the right idea

alyx was being a hysterical bitch
>>
Mossman was a double agent, she was trying to do what was best for humanity.

Alyx was just fuming off of her emotions and what "MUH DADDY" said.
>>
NEVER TRUST NEON BITCHES
>>
Sweater puppies
>>
Daily reminder that Breen did nothing wrong
>>
>>388325564

What did he mean by this? Thoughts? Apologize to him /v/. Explain yourselves. Well? Who was in the wrong here? Defend this. What's his name again? What the fuck was his problem? Refute this. Prove him wrong. Protip: you can't. Why does this trigger /v/ so much? /v/ BTFO. Would you? Is he "our" guy? He did nothing wrong! Will you buy his game? Buy his game. Convince me to NOT buy this game. Find a flaw. Now that the dust has settles, can we all agree that it was shit? I'm glad we can all agree on this. How did we go from this...to THIS? JUST. Hold me /v/ros. How do we fix this? Redpill me on this guy. What was his endgame? What was his fucking problem? Whas it kino? What am I in for? What are some games that let me do this? Name 1 (ONE) game that does this. What went wrong? Why is this allowed? Will this save the gaming industry? Can we get one of these threads going? LOL. Keep it vidya. Really makes you think.
>>
FULLY
>>
Alyx was in the wrong. She didn't even go through with the plan and bail on Gordon. Gordan could have use that boat to end the invasion by going back time instead of blowing it up as Alyx suggested it.
>>
>>388326626

The only problem with this is how g-man and his employers would react. They could have the ability to purge all humans if they have similar tech
>>
>>388326626
If the Bootstrap Device could go back in time, instead of just existing constantly in all times from its activation to its deactivation, you'd think the scientists would've just gone back in time instead of trying to hide it
>>
>>388325564
I would a Mossman
>>
>>388325564

Alyx was wrong, and doomed humanity.
>>
>>388326856
Well, for starter, G-Man was right there when he pick up Alyx, so I don't think he really gave a shit.

>>388326892
They didn't study it, which is what Mossman would have wanted. Alyx just went MUH DAD and want it blown up, not at the same time, didn't go through with it.
>>
>>388327078
>Well, for starter, G-Man was right there when he pick up Alyx, so I don't think he really gave a shit.

Because they did what he wanted. They blew up the best of human's technology instead of using it. Alyx was a good pawn so he stuffed her in stasis. He's probably only saving her in case humans ever develop the same technology again. Maybe he can't kill species outright so he just sabotages anything that would bring them up a few tiers.
>>
File: 1503720205830.png (589KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503720205830.png
589KB, 1500x1000px
Alyx was too distraught over her dad and influence by G-Man too be fully blamed. I'm not saying she's fully irresponsible, but there were higher forces at work.
Mossman was right though, the humans needed the Borealis. Eli was just being a pussy because of the Black Mesa incident.
>>
>>388327078
Right, but if the people who built it tried to hide it rather than use it to go back in time then it's probably safe to say it can't do that

They would've had time to assess the situation. It took the Combine seven hours to subjugate Earth, they took the time to see everything was shit and that the Borealis was the one thing in all of their inventions that shouldn't fall into the wrong hands. Going back in time is a significantly better long term solution than "quick, hide it in a glacier!"
>>
The ending confirms Alyx fucked up.
>>
>>388327383
The device was untested, the scientists had no idea it could travel through time.
They just thought it can teleport to a different location, not different location AND time.
>>
If they had use the time machine to stop the resonance cascade that attracted the Combine, would the Combine still inevitably try to conquer Earth in the future? It's their main schtick to conquer planets and take whatever they need afterall, it would only be a matter of time till they discovered Earth one way or another
>>
>>388325564
Alex goes willingly with G-Man, she is either a traitor or mind controlled, G-Man mind controlled Alex to deliver his message to Eli, he probably could have done more. So if anyone was in the wrong it was G-Man for forcing Alex to do it.
>>
>>388328324
The Combine have to slingshot around the borderworld of Xen to teleport anywhere. Without the Resonance Cascade, the Nihilanth doesn't die and alert the Combine to Earth's existence.
>>
>>388328324
>would the Combine still inevitably try to conquer Earth in the future?

No way to know, the universe is a vast place. Perhaps given enough time humanity would have became a superpower to rival the Combine.
>>
>>388328601
would 40k humanity beat Combine?
>>
>>388328947
Very little of the Combine's military might is shown in the games. All of the forces of the Overwatch are dispatched by regular Earth weapons and high speed toilets but the "real" Combine army is probably superior in every way.

Or maybe it's not and they rely on total surprise and disposable soldiers to win their wars. Hard to say, either way
>>
>>388328947
Hard to know since Valve didn't show the true military power of the Combine, at the very least, if we measure it by the firepower that the Combine has in HL2, 40k Mankind would destroy them.
They really raised the stakes by adding a Dyson Sphere into the plot.
>>
Alyx the brainlet ruined Earth's final chance because of
>muh dad
>>
File: 425824845.jpg (123KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
425824845.jpg
123KB, 500x500px
>>388325564
>Feminism ruins humanity.
>>
>>388329538

Alyx confirmed for shit tier waifu. Mossman was the pussy we needed all along.
>>
>>388329279
>probably superior
Comparing the Combine to anything in 40k is like comparing light of matches to the light of entire stars.
The Combine are Kardashev V or close to it.
The Combine on Earth are like a stray ant that wandered too far from the colony.
>>
>>388330449
Until the Dyson Sphere reveal, nothing shown about the Combine has been particularly impressive

And since certain questions about the Combine's true size and power are never going to get answered, it's a moot point
>>
>>388330449
>The Combine are Kardashev V
They're Type 2. The original scale is a measure of ability to harness energy. A Dyson Sphere harnesses the power of a single star.

Being able to traverse the multiverse does not jump you up the scale. A Type 2 with access to multiversal travel might allow the events of the games to happen through sheer disinterest. A true Type 5 with full multiversal domination wouldn't have blinked as their initial probes assimilated the solar system and started harvesting the sun.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.