[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this the best Final Fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

Why was this the best Final Fantasy?
>>
>>388324289
because you think it is, and that is the opinion you have formed
>>
>>388324339
fpbp

Your opinion is shit btw op
>>
>>388324448
Not an argument.
>>
>>388324506
Wrong.
>>
why do their heads look photoshopped in
especially the guy on the left
>>
>>388325025

Guy on far right is far more photoshoppy
>>
File: 1503379463139.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1503379463139.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>388324289
Nude mods?
>>
>>388324339
FPBP like always.
>>
>>388324289
Because it could have been so much better
>>
>>388325765
SHOULD it have been though? Maybe we should just be happy with what we got.
>>
>>388325882
it's hard to be happy when the game first came out and it felt unfinished.

Now with all these updates (and yet none of them made the combat not crap), base XV feels like an early access games
>>
>>388325994
But it's the most engaging combat system in a FF game yet.
>>
File: Ezio.jpg (650KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ezio.jpg
650KB, 1920x1080px
>>388324289
If the Assassin's Festival (new animations, mechanics, assets) wasn't planned during early development, and outside programs can truly be ran from the main menu as events, then there is potential to mod the hell out of the entire game. That much freedom would make this game GTA: San Andreas tier to the modding community.
>>
>>388326085
>But it's the most engaging combat system in a FF game yet.

as someone who played and beat XV. It was not engaging at all.

Most of the fights, you can just hold down circle and win.
For some harder enemies you will need to use items & magic
and for big threats, you have the Royal Arm power up mode

I know there are OPTIONAL skill that make the combat look flashy but they are not needed to beat the main game. No idea about the post game, I did the minimal amount required for the Platinum (which outside of the main game was the turtle and the side "dungeons" and the only bad one of those was Costlemark) and then stopped playing.
>>
>>388325882
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the game as we got it, but after hearing about the development hell the game went through, and how much content was cut to meet deadlines it makes me appreciate the game all the more as it was a miracle that the game was not broken on release. For that same reason I'm excited for future updates and dlc, in hopes that it will bring the game closer to the way the director and devs intended it.
>>
>>388326539
Which director? They changed the director mid development
>>
>>388326587
Hajime Tabata
>>
>>388324289

I "finished" XV and went back to play the XII remaster and I can safely so no. A lot of FVX felt like there was hamfisted fandom everywhere as if it was trying to reference itself. The characters are alright. The questing system is god-awful while the hunts are decent fun. The combat system is the worst in the series and is terribly broken. The music isn't as great as past installments either.

It's a comfy 6/10 game.
>>
There were plans to make Shiva's corpse a dungeon and to make the all of Insomnia explorable, but the higher ups were like "No MoRe CaTeNt GuYs We NeEdS iT oUt BeFoRe ChRiStMaSs"
>>
because grinding was actually fun
>>
>>388326539
>it will bring the game closer to the way the director and devs intended it
>Nomura wanted towns, playable party members and an actual airship
shame Nomura's ambition will be used only on the ffvii remake. He'll never escape that game, Versus was going to be his masterpiece
>>
>>388325104
I want to punch them in the face so badly
>>
I don't know why but I have the feeling that a lot of the people who say "The combat was terrible" were people who would try to hack'n'slash every enemy and boss, make no use of blocks, parrys, and dodges, which resulted in them going into stasis and dying every 10 seconds.Basically "I'm bad at it and/or I don't get it, therefore it is bad"
>>
>>388327770
I used blocks and parries whenever I could. I just never mentioned it in >>388326323

Dodges were too unreliable due to not being able do dodge during an attack animation
>>
>>388327770
Except the combat is the worst when you get good at it because it becomes apparent how shallow it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfR06KrKWDU
>>
>>388327463
>Tabata fit in multiple party members and airships into Type-0, a fucking PSP game
>14 playable characters, each play completely different and resemble an FF class
>But couldn't manage it in a game with 4 fucking party members that had an extensive amount of dev time and a massive budget

Did Tabata hit his head and become retarded or something?
>>
>>388327906
I get what you are saying and I agree that the combat is not all that engaging, but it certainly isn't terrible.
>>
>>388327463
XV as a finished product is so vastly different than Nomura's concept of Versus XIII that if he wanted to (and had the time to) Nomura could potentially make Versus XIII
>>
>>388328367
It's worse than the handheld KH games.
>>
>>388328825
>XV as a finished product

did we play the same game? Sure it had a clear start and finish (unlike MGS5) but so much crap was cut out just for SE to jew us by selling it back as DLC
>>
>>388324289
i see you have xv-cum in your face
>>
>>388327463
>a PSP game made from a gutted mobile game had towns, airships, action combat with character switching and 14 unique characters with multiple unique special attacks and even controllable summons

What the hell did they spend all of Versus XIII's dev time doing, modeling food and making trailers?
>>
>>388328923
what's KH?
>>
>>388328996
Not to mention story outright cut and packaged as movie or anime.
>>
>>388329172
Kingdom Hearts.

What other game series has the initials of KH?
>>
>>388329172
What people were expecting Versus to be a successor to, instead we got a casualized Ubishit game that is unfinished to boot.
>>
>>388328923
>mfw like 358/2 Days more than the console games

Can someone explain the appeal to me of the console KH gameplay? They seemed like mindless button mashers to me when I played.
>>
>>388328010
It doesn't become worse, it becomes less engaging, and it'll take a super boss to really pull you back in.
The same can be said for any Final Fantasy game. For example if you are going through the north crater in FF7 the combat will get boring after a while and you won't get pulled back in until you fight something new and challenging like Bizarro Sephiroth.
>>
>>388328825
>Nomura could potentially make Versus XIII
besides the story im sure nomura is going to work out all of his original concepts for Versus in the VII remake.
These were all concepts for a FF with an action rpg battle system, with is what the VII remake now is. The more action based battle system was practically the root of Versus.
>>
>>388328996
My bad, I'll rephrase it.
XV as a "finished" product
>>
>>388329462
What an amazing superboss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTgs5Qve2I
>>
>>388329454
I wouldve taken birth by sleep or re:coded (which was BBS battle system but more polished) but fucking Days? Did you forget how awful magic is in that game? The Neverland missions with aerial combat were the worst
>>
>>388329785
to be fair, until that patch, you had to fight the boss the normal way.

I was geared up (but not to Optimum levels) and it still took an hour
>>
>>388329868
But BBS and ReCoded are just as button spammy.

I do agree the aerial combat was awful, especially flying bosses.

What was wrong with the magic?
>>
>>388329785
>mfw the Adamantoise can be one-shot in Final Fantasy V too if you knew what to do

FF V deserves more love, bosses could be exploited in all sorts of creative ways. The elemental crystals, which was 4 bosses in a single battle, could be cheesed hard with Titan, Carbuncle and Float.
>>
>>388329785
I heard they updated the game to make Adamantoise easier, but holy shit I didn't think it would be that easy!
>>
>>388330270
it's less that they made the Adamantoise easier. It's more along the lines that the ring's instant kill move can affect it.

Can still take a few casts to make happen
>>
Why do XV fans neer make actual arguments. They just say no u or dumb statements like OP without reason behind it.
I liked the at least parts of it, but man the threads about it are retarded.
>>
>>388330020
>Blizzard is a mine with a timer
>Cure is a ring that you have to stand in in order to heal
>>
>>388324289
Because it's finally coming to PC
>>
>>388330456
because they just copy whatever XV-kun says and never form their own "arguments"
>>
>>388330497
I sort of liked it, it was cool to me. Then again, I don't really care much for action games and especially button mashers, so 358/2 being very unconventional is probably why I enjoyed it so much.

KH2 and BBS almost put me to sleep.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1000x724px
>>388330203
Old concept art of Exdeath depicts him as a centaur
>>
File: dougiejones.jpg (170KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dougiejones.jpg
170KB, 1080x1080px
Oh wow, it was better when Bazztek just shitposted, now he creates threads too
>>
>>388330806
>mfw thought Exdeath had massive, hairy balls at first glance
>>
>>388331162
Dammit, now whenever I look at it all see is Exdeath with big, hairy, horse testicles!
>>
File: FINAL FANTASY XV E3 Dinner.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FANTASY XV E3 Dinner.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388324289
Too many problems to even come close to that imo. The movie and anime is already a thing that should've never happened. The game should've had a good prolouge in insomnia with your bros and your father and it slowly turns into the peace declaration stuff and then the invasion happens and you'll have to escape with your party while your father stays behind to fight. Would give you actual reason to care about your homeland and your father and a reason to actually hate the empire.
Also it has too many small problems, getting in and out of the car takes too long,sidequests apart from 3 dungeons are just bad even for FF standards, only one hunt at a time, passive abilites from duscae are removed so now only stats count, magic is just big AOEs that your party members usually run into and die, not ONE optional summon, rather important things happen offscreen or are told through snippets of the movie or your cahracters reading about it or hearing about it on radio, combat gives you tons of options but 4-5 are so good that the others are not worth it and no enemy really gives you a reason to use anything special. Luna also should've either been a completely different character that has a different role and shows up way more often or just be removed from the game. If you remove the throne scene at the end you could easily remove her from the game and not much would change. The Royal Arms are also weird, at first the game acts like they're really important and like you'd have to collect all of them for some reason, but the main story only leads you to 2-3 of them and then never brings them up again.

There's too much wasted potential, i hope for the next mainline game they really just have a clear vision and one big complete package no updates, no dlc episodes, no movies, anime, lore books etc.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.