[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smash on Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: Samus_smash_4.jpg (515KB, 1362x738px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_smash_4.jpg
515KB, 1362x738px
So, is it happening, /v/?

And what are some things you want to see?
>>
File: Leaf_Shield_01.jpg (152KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf_Shield_01.jpg
152KB, 700x471px
>>388319075
>Ability to turn off Stage Hazards only

>More emphasis on collecting trophies and unlocking achievements
-Melee had the perfect amount of emphasis on this and a ton of unique trophies from all over Nintendo history. A lot of the trophies were unique models and not just rips or flat images too. The Smash games since seemed to have abandoned this.

>More diversity in playable Nintendo characters
-more "new" faces (Inklings, anybody from ARMS...)
-more retro characters (Takamaru, Sukapon, etc.)
-more left-field choices (like Ness and Captain Falcon, who were shocking to see back in 1999)
-more characters from lesser seen but still modern franchises (Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Codename Steam...)
-more unique and "fresh" choices for characters from mainstay series who are more fan favorites and less recognizable, breaking convention for what to expect from that series. Like Rosalina and Paulatena in Smash 4 (characters like Elma from XCX, Impa from Zelda, Marshadow from Pokemon, K. Rool from DKC all fit the mold here...)

>Stick with the 3rd party characters we have, expand on those companies more
-another Sega or Sonic rep
-another Capcom rep
-another Namco rep
-another Square or Final Fantasy rep
-bring back Konami characters (Snake, Simon Belmont, Bomberman...)

>Expand Single Player content
-bring back a traditional Class Mode
-bring back Adventure Mode (no Subspace garbage)
-more mini-games like Target Test and Trophy Run

>Lots of customization options
-more palette swaps
-more alt costumes
-improve custom moves
-Mii Fighter has more options

>Improved online and multiplayer functionality
-Tourney Mode back to way it was in Melee
-Rotation Mode comes back from Brawl
-Bring back Bonus Mode from Brawl
-Ability to play mini-games like Smash Run and Target Test online, compete for scores
-More options for online matches
-Lobby Mode like ARMS where you just get paired with random players for random game modes, earn coins just for playing
>>
>>388320097
I would be alright with just the Melee Adventure Mode remade into the new version.
>>
>>388319075
>what are some things you want to see?
It not happening.

What else you possibly do with the franchise? Add more FE characters? Roster is bloated to all fuck already.
>>
for fun with stage hazards and items.
for glory with no hazards and no items, and definitely no omega stages
>>
File: LXP200-19.jpg (2MB, 2500x1440px) Image search: [Google]
LXP200-19.jpg
2MB, 2500x1440px
Probably never. I'll stick to mods.
>>
>>388319075
Smash 5 definitely, a Smash 4 port maybe not.
>>
>>388319075
>And what are some things you want to see?
Turn it into a fighting game.

Smashers already claim it's a fighting game, so put in fighting game inputs for all characters, footsies, 1f links, lifebars, corners in stages.
>>
remember how sakuai insisted smash 3ds and wiiu are different games, and that smash wiiu is smash 5?
lol that dumb cunt. im glad he isnt running smash switch
>>
I just wish we could get upskirts again. But I guess CERO will make sure that we won't.
>>
File: 58-image040.png (359KB, 580x448px) Image search: [Google]
58-image040.png
359KB, 580x448px
GIVE ME ASHLEY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!
>>
>>388320097
>no subspace garbage
The Subspace Emissary was literally the best part of Brawl. You have bad taste.
>>
>>388322802
>Turn it into a fighting game.
So leave it as is, got it.
>>
Make adventure mode like subspace
>>
>>388322812
I remember that. And the rumor that Namco was hiring for continued work on Smash 5 (or was it 6?).

God, making two versions was the shittiest idea ever. Should have been one massive game. There's no fucking way they couldn't have fit all of the 3DS content on the Wii U version. No way.

>>388322802
I'd be okay with this.

>>388322039
I'd be pissed if they cut characters, though. They could make them DLC, I guess. I could leave a lot of the Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters if we got more fan favorites like K. Rool or Waluigi instead, to be honest. But I also just really want more diversity period. Too many swordfighters, too many clone-ish characters, and too much focus on certain franchises.

They could start from the ground up again, just wipe the slate clean, but that might mean we lose a lot of neat things too.

Maybe start with the original 12 veterans, and then build up from there with the more interesting/popular characters from each installment after? And then the rest of the roster comes in as DLC or something.

They could even start with a small roster of say 20 characters made up of the most veteran fighters, a couple newcomers, and then just slowly release the other veterans over time.
>>
>>388324253
What? That mode was the reason Brawl's development was so crunched. I will give you the cutscenes, but the design of that mode (and Brawl overall) was horrendous. Subspace became the main mode and multiplayer felt like an after thought. It also doesn't help Brawl went with "realistic" graphics and ended up looking washed out and soulless. It was such an ugly game to look at in retrospect.
>>
File: 1465368775476.png (47KB, 358x140px) Image search: [Google]
1465368775476.png
47KB, 358x140px
>>388322530
Let us suffer together, brother.
>>
Just make it so it doesn't suck like Melee and Brawl.

A port of the Wii U version with all DLC is fine.
>>
>>388324854
No.
>>
File: octavio.jpg (74KB, 620x347px) Image search: [Google]
octavio.jpg
74KB, 620x347px
>>388319075
>>388320097
>implying Splatoon isn't popular enough for two characters
>>
>>388320097
>more unique and "fresh" choices for characters from mainstay series who are more fan favorites and less recognizable, breaking convention for what to expect from that series
Yeah, Nintendo did kinda blow their load with 4's roster in terms of shoe-ins so I'm expecting there to be plenty of interesting B-listers and C-listers the next time around.
>>
>>388319075
I think we all know that the Inklings and the ARMS guy will make the cut as new content.
>>
>>388326029
>Nintendo did kinda blow their load with 4's roster in terms of shoe-ins so I'm expecting there to be plenty of interesting B-listers and C-listers the next time around.

That's what we said with Brawl and look what happened.
>>
>>388326106
>>388326029
>>388326190

I think we can absolutely expect Inklings and an ARMS rep next game.

Beyond that, I think any C and B listers will come from the Smash Polls. I know it's a meme but I really think it's probable we'll get K. Rool and Ridley next game. There's no way they didn't get major fan support on that poll.
>>
File: Haggar.png (114KB, 250x476px) Image search: [Google]
Haggar.png
114KB, 250x476px
>>
File: Chibi_Robo.jpg (27KB, 214x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chibi_Robo.jpg
27KB, 214x300px
>>388326387
>I think we can absolutely expect Inklings and an ARMS rep next game.

Oh sure. Those are noteworthy EPD franchises.

By "B-listers and C-listers", I mean the lesser, typically outsourced minor Nintendo series, stuff like Chibi-Robo!, Custom Robo, The Wonderful 101, Dillon's Rolling Western, etc.

We kinda go through this every Smash. We supposedly got all the big name characters out of the way and now it's time to give a lot of these lesser series playable characters. Most people's Smash 4 rosters from back in 2013/204 included a whole bunch of characters like Isaac or Wonder Red before once again, they weren't made playable. Sakurai has shown time and time again he doesn't give a shit about those type of Nintendo franchises.
>>
>>388320097
>another Sega or Sonic rep
See also: "Blaze or GTFO"
>>
File: 956236-ashley.jpg (261KB, 750x1100px) Image search: [Google]
956236-ashley.jpg
261KB, 750x1100px
>>388319075
>>
>>388320097
>modern franchises
>Haven't had a game in ten years.
>>
>>388326930
If Sonic were to get an addition rep, Sakurai's priority would go something like this.

Tails = Eggman > Knuckles > Shadow > Amy > Metal Sonic

Shadow and Metal could sneak in faster by being clones of Sonic.
>>
put in some bugs again so autismo audience can claim they are cool mechanics
>>
I literally only want Simon Belmont and that is it. You could port the exact same game, but include Simon, and I would be happy, since I am a drone.
>>
>>388327791
>Eggman in his SA2 walker with the Death Egg robot as an FS
Fund it.
>>
>>388327791
>Sakurai would let that trash in the game before Ridley
Bitch better fucking NOT
>>
>>388328119
Prime 4 is happening, so Metroid should get something besides stages this time.
>>
>>388328304
Sylux is very likely to be central to Prime 4's story so he might actually get in before Ridley.
>>
>>388324847
I fucking love the Ridley mod. It makes me wonder what the fuck Sakurai is on. Some of the most fun I've had with any character in Smash.
>>
File: fb-share[1].jpg (579KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
fb-share[1].jpg
579KB, 1280x724px
>>388319075
I think it will be at least TEASED at NWC 2017, after John Numbers defends his title in the finals and gives HRT pills to his defeated opponent. Otherwise, it'll be in a Direct early next year.

It's probably going to just be a port of Smash 4 with some improvements/new modes.

Ice Climbers and Wolf will probably return.

Inklings and Spring Man will likely be new characters. Breath of the Wild, Splatoon, ARMS, Pokemon Sun/Moon and Mario Odyssey will get new stages. Boxboy will be an assist trophy. They might throw indies a bone and make Shovel Knight an assist trophy too.

And then the protag of the Switch FE game will be DLC later.

Hopefully they bring over Smash Run from 3DS too.

Those are my expectations, as low as I can conceive.
>>
>>388324727
But it was fun, right?
>>
>>388320097
Shit, I was gonna post but this guy covered everything. Also wanna see squid lolis from splat2. Ranked weapon + burst bombs could be fun
>>
>>388319075
>>
>>388328835
No.
>>
I seriously doubt Sakurai will be the director of Smash 5.
He might carefully oversee the project but its pretty clear he's lost the drive amd would rather work on something else.

Im pretty sure the development of Smash 4 almost killed him
>>
Adventure Mode would be cool.

I want Ridley and Geno because of Nintendo Nsider Forums
>>
>>388329627
I wish it had killed that hack jap fuck and his boner for his shit characters.
>DUDE DARK PIT LMAO
>>
>>388329118
one fox clone is enough
>>
>>388328770
There was a listing for Smash 6 as someone earlier stated, I say it's more like a third version of the game rather than a simple port.
>>
>>388329627
>would rather work on something else.
He is working on a new project already though, last I remember reading.

As for OP, I'm curious who the retro newcomer will be as I think the next 3rrd party character will obviously be Heihachi from Tekken.

It just makes sense since he's one of Bamco's prime crossover characters and they're likely to work on the next game as well in order to speed up development.
>>
>>388330190
theyre probably waiting for the series' 20th birthday in 2019
I expect an annoucement at E3 2018 which gives them about a year of hype until release in Fall 2019
>>
File: SwIM7Uj.png (303KB, 830x509px) Image search: [Google]
SwIM7Uj.png
303KB, 830x509px
>>388331279
>I'm curious who the retro newcomer will be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIfsUYkBkxQ
>>
>>388329118
My heart :(
>>
>>388324416
its obvious you know better than any that smash isnt a real fighter, its a party game.
>>
>>388327791
>Eggman
The only correct choice for a 2nd Sonic rep, but I would honestly prefer they use a character from an unrepresented Sega IP instead.
>>
>>388332241
Where's the boards? Where's the dice? Stop being an elitist. I grew up on Street Fighter and it's my favorite franchise of all time, but not every fighting game has to strictly follow that formula. Hell, the fighting games that came BEFORE Street Fighter don't even follow that formula, including the one that directly inspired Street Fighter.
>>
>>388319075
>And what are some things you want to see?

Not a Smash 4 port
>>
>>388332241
Does that mean Street Fighter 2 and onwards isn't a fighter either because it doesn't follow the formula of 1?
>>
>>388319075
Crash, Banjo kazooie and Rayman
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.