[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Above average PC player.jpg (66KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Above average PC player.jpg
66KB, 640x360px
>Plays DOTA2 & LoL and spends hundreds of $$$ on skins
>Buys CS:GO and spends hundreds on chest keys and weapon skin gambling
>Buys Overwatch and spends hundreds on random loot crates
>Watches Hearthstone and donates hundreds to his favorite vegan streamer
>Supports Kickstarter scams
>Supports EarlyAccess games
>H1Z1 sells like hot cakes
>DayZ sells like hot cakes
>ARK sells like hot cakes
>RUST sells like hot cakes
>Subnautica sells like hot cakes
>The Forest sells like hot cakes
>PUBG sells like hot cakes
>The other 15 rushed EarlyAccess FOTM survival/crafting/battleroyale games I forgot about sell like hot cakes
>At this point the PC gaming market is synonymous with F2P/Microtransaction/EarlyAccess trash and Streaming culture, thanks to the players (You) who supported all of this
(...)
>People are surprised that an actual single-player game that requires efford to develop, can only be sold AFTER being finished, and can't build a market based around random loot chests locked behind paid keys like Half-Life3 gets a confirmed cancellation, they even make a sticky about it with sad music and spam the board with 40 other threads

What did you... what did you expect?
That after you support and feed these malignant tumors for over half a decade the cancer won't spread and kill any remaining chance of real games being developed for PC?
That, aside from console multiplats, you'll see any actual big titles being made exclusively for PC except from a handful of mediocre hit-or-miss RTS's each year?
>>
I blame PC Master Race shilling
>>
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>388316706
I don't. I spend $$$ on creative hobbies like aquarium instead
>>
They could just relase a early access HL3 deathmatch mode and still make a single-player
>>
>>388317394
Was either Half-Life's multiplayer ever that popular?
>>
Damn its almost like half those games are free and the other half were/still are cashing in on the latest fad (To the brainlets out there that means its guaranteed to sell regardless of quality). But yeah a few bad games means that PC gaming is dead. Its over everyone go home video games are finished.
>>
>>388317469
>Was either Half-Life's multiplayer
Half life 2 DM was popular and it was fucking great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbjWJ9-dBt8
>>
>>388317714
Why are the weapon textures glitchy?
>>
It's a generational problem. Us 30 somethings are waiting for a game like the ones we used to enjoy and when another one bites the dust we get frustrated.

Little kids who caused the market shift with their League of Legends, korean MMOs and card games pretend to be sad because they believe is what is expected of them, since they learned they have to enjoy the classics by watching youtube videos and twitch streamers.

When you put that together you get this ridiculous overreaction. The truth is that Valve is not to blame, the consumer is. Only the smartphone consumer compares to the gamer when it comes to sheer dumbness.
>>
>>388317183
I agree that streaming culture is fucking cancer and all but HL3 not existing has nothing to do with that.

That being said, "real games" not being developed on PC? What the fuck are you on? And why does exclusivity matter do you? Unless you're talking about situations where PC gets absolutely shafted.

>>388317714
FUCK I just remembered being shown Counter-Strike and Half-Life by my cousin for the first time like 15 years ago, I could cry right now
>>
>>388317848
But yet, there are lots of companies out there that still make single-player experiences. Valve could too
>>
File: file.png (361KB, 632x1920px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
361KB, 632x1920px
I guess you're right, there's just no market for AAA single player games anymore! NO ONE buys them!!
>>
File: MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg (64KB, 400x467px) Image search: [Google]
MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg
64KB, 400x467px
>>388317617
But it is?
Please mention recent PC exclusive games that aren't:
-indie
-crowdfunded in any way (kickstarter/indiegogo/etc)
-EarlyAccess
-Multiplayer focused

You can try very hard, but all you'll come up with, aside for RTS's, are very few exceptions.

Now think back to the 90's and early 2000's and it's VERY easy to think of amazing high-production actual PC exclusives every single year. Maybe your definition of "Dead" and "Actual game" is different from mine.

Pic related is one of the saddest examples for me personally. It was a thriving franchise 15+ years ago, with the MechWarrior and MechCommander lines. Fully-fleded games with fun single player.
Today? There's MechWarriorOnline, one of the trashiest F2P games, and BattleTech, a Kickstarter game on wheels, a mere shadow of its former self.
Of course this is but one example. Where's Commandos? Where's DungeonKeeper (a phone game now kek)? so on and so forth.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>388318047
Funny, each and every one of those is a console port, proving my point. Next time read the post, I guess.

Those aren't PC exclusive games. They wouldn't exist without consoles, they were made with consoles in mind, most of them downgraded (not just graphically). There's a huge difference in design philosofy between real PC exclusives and multiplat games. There wasn't this need for simplification back then. It was normal to use 20+ different keyboard shortcuts and the UI was obviously targeted at mouse users, not controllers. Maybe you forgot or never played a PC game.

Compare MechWarrior3 on PC to MechAssault on Xbox. All the little things you could fiddle with and command on MW3 are completely absent from Xbox's MechAssault, which is more of a pure action/arcade-y game. Mech controls and management were also simplified. They are both great games, but you can really feel the difference of design between them (due to different target markets). I'd like to see that difference between PC games and multiplats (AKA console games) which simply doesn't exist anymore outside of very few exceptions.
>>
>>388316706
yeah pretty much
>>
>>388317351
Post your fishies. I've always sort of wanted one of those
>>
I probably spent up to $700 on Overwatch crates. The thought of what I could have done with that money instead makes me sick every time I think about it....
>>
>>388320638
I just wish I hadn't bought Overwatch
>>
>>388320638
Now you know how operating conditioning works. Now you can prevent yourself from falling to that same scam. Now you can either shame who fall like you did so they stop or you can educate them about it.

But I must say, most people learn after 70 USD. 700 means you're slow as fuck.
>>
>>388317848
>since they learned they have to enjoy the classics by watching youtube videos and twitch streamers.

Kinda chaps my ass when I see the comments section of youtube videos on antiquated games.

Kid claiming they love a certain classic despite it being outdated as fuck and IRL 20yo coming up to me trying to school me on "Nintendo Hard" despite the fact we're in the UK and lived in an area where Mega Drives ruled.
>>
>>388320638
Kek I felt bad after spending $7 trying to get Nihon Genji and didn't get it. Didn't buy any since.
>>
File: 1338418581009.jpg (661KB, 1416x1364px) Image search: [Google]
1338418581009.jpg
661KB, 1416x1364px
>>388316706
>At this point the PC gaming market is synonymous with F2P/Microtransaction/EarlyAccess trash and Streaming culture, thanks to the players
I don't support this and nobody I know supports this but then again we weren't born after the year 2000. Game development and gaming culture has changed. The internet has changed and so has 4chan. Everything comes together to form one big pile of shit. Apart from certain brand names I don't recognize anything from 20 years ago but perhaps that's a thing that just happens over time.
>>
>>388322345
I can think of plenty N64/PS1 era franchises that are very much alive and well today. Even most early 2000's PC franchises are gone now (as opposed to Xbox/GC/PS2 games that are still going)

There has been a PC game extinction but not so much when it comes to consoles.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.