[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which SMT game is better, 4 or Apocalypse? I cant decide which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

Which SMT game is better, 4 or Apocalypse? I cant decide which one to buy and I dont have enough time to complete both.
>>
4 is pretty much needed to understand a lot of what's going on in Apocalypse
>>
Play through 4 and get law ending then you play Apocalpyse afterwards, son of man.
>>
>>388314120

Apoc is 1000x better and honestly you'll pick up the shit you missed from 4 if you just skip it. At most find a shitty 10 line synopsis of 4 online and you'll be set.
>>
File: kill your friends boyo.jpg (227KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
kill your friends boyo.jpg
227KB, 800x554px
>>388314120
Apocalypse has a lot of quality-of-life changes from 4 that just make the game so much less of a chore (4's map is a fucking nightmare to navigate, these fuckers think everyone on the planet knows every street in tokyo like the back of their hands)

So I'd recommend IV:A if you can only get one, but it'd be much more fulfilling to experience the full story by playing IV then A

tl;dr play apocalypse if you want a smoother experience, play 4 first if you plan on getting A later so you can enjoy the scope of the story
>>
>>388314120
4 is the true SMT game while Apocalypse is more Persona influenced
>>
Apocalypse and is not even close. IV is fucking shit, the only good thing about that game is the OST and Apocalypse has most of it plus some new great stuff.
>>
File: yhvh no fun allowed.jpg (177KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
yhvh no fun allowed.jpg
177KB, 448x473px
>>388314253
>Play through 4 and get law ending

I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>388314167
>>388314253
>>388314338
Well shit, if the story is tied then I will have to play through 4 first, I hate reading up the plot of something I could've played myself.
>these fuckers think everyone on the planet knows every street in tokyo like the back of their hands
I lived there for 2 years so I hope it wont be too bad for me to recognize stuff
>>388314448
In which way is it influenced by persona?
>>
>>388314603
Also, is 4 connected to Nocturne?
>>
>>388314603
>In which way is it influenced by persona?
it's not as long as you make the right decisions
>>
>>388314705
no, it's connected more to Strange Journey than Nocturne
>>
Apocalypse is full of dumb tropes like having unwinnable bossfights... 5 times. Or fighting the exact same boss over 3 times. Or having a forces gimmick "puzzle" tool that only wastes your time all the way down to the unskippable animation that plays while using it.
>>
>>388314841
name 2 unwinnable fights in apocalypse or 1 repeat boss fight
>>
>>388314120
Apoclypse is 4's fandisk. Apocalypse has a generally better story, but the tone in 4 is far better with a more immersive.

Both games are pretty easy compared to other SMT's, 4 has a tough start before becoming a cakewalk, and Apocalypse isn't difficult whatsoever outside of King Frost and end game.

While Apoc has a stronger story in general, the character's are for the most part dollar store persona characters and greatly reduce the quality of the writing in my experience.

All choices except three at the end are false, you can spend the entire game telling your friends to stop being retarded and fuck off, they never do

Apoc has some cool moments if you can slog through the 2nd rate persona bullshit, 4 is a much stronger game
>>
>>388314937
adramelech, odin

krishna
>>
File: 1503720370251.png (804KB, 604x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1503720370251.png
804KB, 604x1112px
>>388314120
gameplay apoc is better.

everything else 4 is kinda better since apoc quite obviously has is made to more appeal to the persona crowd. Though if you are huge persona fag then apoc is better overall but if you aint a poor fag and got a decent ammount of time to spare then get both but play 4 first to at least have an better understand, that really is not necessary overall, some things in apoc better overall.

Also apoc is not influenced by persona per se only that it was made with the idea of catering to them a tad more.

Overall honestly play both if you ,no matter how long it would take you to beat both, since on their own they are really dang neat experiences that can said to only be better when played together.

Yo wont miss out much from playing the first other than missing some references here and there that are really not necessary to get off hand on the spot.
>>
>>388314120
Hack your 3ds and pirate them both.
or
Hack your 3ds, buy 4, pirate Apo, and buy it later whenever you've got money.
>>
>>388314705
every numbered smt game takes place in its own seperate universe

There is dlc where the MC of Nocturne can team up with you though
>>
>>388314841
Unnoticeable to someone who has not picked up 4: apocalypse has about 4 new dungeons and I like 2 new cities and that's. The other 80%+ of the content is reused and this game has the same price as IV.
>>388314937
The horde at the very start of the game
The angels when Flynn intervenes
Shesha. Sehsah... Shesha...
Odin
Krishna
>>
File: 1500689495561.png (591KB, 1118x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1500689495561.png
591KB, 1118x1211px
Not OP, but since this thread is already here, should I play the original strange journey first or is it okay to just play the 3DS remake?
>>
>>388315250
The 3ds remake isn't out yet so we don't know if its going to be better or worse.
>>
File: bluejet2jimenez.jpg (34KB, 256x190px) Image search: [Google]
bluejet2jimenez.jpg
34KB, 256x190px
>>388315250
How are we supposed to know? Remake isn't out.

Regardless the insistent bitching over the art is so god damn vapid. How could you ever see portraits in the original when they look like this? The only place where its noticeable is the art cover, lol.
>>
>>388315436
>>388315501
My bad, I thought there was enough details or changes to know if it's good or not
>>
File: durrhurrhurr.gif (7KB, 273x536px) Image search: [Google]
durrhurrhurr.gif
7KB, 273x536px
>>388314120
>They expect you to just casually know the street layout of Tokyo
>One quest at a time
As said before, Apocalypse is superior in terms of gameplay, cool quality of life changes like a MAP THAT FUCKING WORKS LIKE A MAP
But I think generally, 4 has the better story. Maybe.
If you're any familiar with any SMT game then it won't really be a surprise.
>>
>>388315867
Oh, I just remembered actually, morality/law/neutral/chaos path choices.
4 has a god awful system that's never really clear, just who you side with more with some quests forcing law or chaos points onto you for the big choice later when you're forced down that path.
You can find out what alignment you're learning to at least. Later in the game, when the choice is about to be made, After you probably did a lot of side quests that would help influence it to be either or or neutral.
>>
>>388314120
They are the same game split in 2 parts
Playing Final first is like playing DDS2 first
>>
How long is 4? I've gotten to the part where I have to kill the 4 white members.
>>
I heard gun is so much better than sword in 4, is it true?
>>
>>388316398
2 mix up segments and then the final stretch.
20 hours?
>>
>>388316398
You've got around 10-15 hourish left
>>
File: 1500012877467.jpg (302KB, 599x918px) Image search: [Google]
1500012877467.jpg
302KB, 599x918px
>>388316398
Remember, if you didnt get Jonathan as your partner, you got one of the bad endings.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.