[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo should just stop making Mario games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0119.jpg (96KB, 330x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0119.jpg
96KB, 330x335px
They just keep getting worse and worse. Odyssey is literally a poor man's version of 64 with zero challenge. I thought they were done catering to casuals but I guess I was proven wrong with what was shown off at Gamescom.

Like seriously, when are we going to get a new F-Zero or Metroid?
>>
Obvious bait thread but I also don't feel very hyped about Odyssey. It looked very gimmicky and the platforming was mostly non existant. I watched the video where they fight the mecha wiggler and shooting at targets on a clunky tank minigame looks like something out of fucking Yooka Laylee.
>>
>>388313002
>Yooka laylee
Still mad about JonTron huh?
>>
>>388313002
>>388313060
Forget Yooka-Laylee, how do we fix Odyssey?
>>
>>388312531
>Odyssey is literally a poor man's version of 64 with zero challenge.

Oh, so you've played the game already?
>>
>nintendo should just stop making games of their most popular franchise so they can pander to a very small very vocal demographic
hmmst are you by chance a marketing genius?
>>
>>388313060
Is this nigger serious? Dude, I don't even give a flying fuck about jon, but speaking of the voices, how the fuck did they manage to fuck them up so bad from the N64 games? On BK and BT, the voices were genuinely funny and never annoying (except for a couple of characters), in YL every single voice is an ear rape.
>>
>>388313680
3D Mario games sell like shit compared to their 2D Mario games
So yes, he is right.

And as reggie said: If it's not fun, why bother?
>muh so much fun collecting badly placed red coins in Sunshine
>muh so much fun this horrible level design in Sunshine
>muh I just love Mario Pachinko

And I mean 3D World was at least an actual Mario game. It gave you a classic 2D mario platformer in 3D space.

Mario 64 and Sunshine (as well as the new one) however are not real classic Mario platformers.
>>
>>388313060
>Still mad
In my opinion the devs made really poor choices.
I mean they had a shitty game on their hands, that simply was not Nintendo quality
So they should have pandered as much to the fans as possible, but then
>tell Wii U owners to fuck themselves
>scam Wii U owners out of their money
>muh yeah, you fucks bought a physical Wii U release, but we will instead give you a digital PC code
>use JonTron as marketing tool
>after he raked millions in, they dropped him because of a few transfaggots on GAF
>ban customers, who pre-ordered the game
>ban customers, who complained about their practices

Wow, such a brilliant plan fucking over customers.

What's even more crazy is that they didn't want to give money back, even when the money is from so called "racists".
>>
>>388312531
>nintendo stop making your best seller to give your lesser sellers a chance
Is that it?
Mario isn't distracting customers, just some aren't interested as you are.
>>
I think odyssey looks interesting...

And this from someone that thinks sunshine and galaxy look boring.
I do wish they would make a full budget 2d mario game though.
>>
>>388314310
>best seller
Not a 2D mario title.
Not Mario Kart.
3D Marios costs tons of money and don't sell that well. They should instead make another cash cow aka 2D Mario.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/wii.html
>>
>>388314220
I don't even give a fuck about any of that, didn't donate to the kickstarted, didn't participate in the forums, I fucking pirated the toybox and then pirated the game, and it was still utter shit, not even half as good BT let alone Bk. Those niggers promised me a BANJO KAZOOIE UPDATED FOR THE CURRENT GENERATION instead I got a retarded version of Banjo Tooie with none of the issues from that game addressed and multiple additional issues introduced on top of the already present ones.

Seriously NONE of the issues from BT were addressed, but they still managed to fuck that formula up even more, with stupid mistakes such as removing teleport pads, making the levels even more repetitive and confusing with no landmarks, spreading out the quills even more instead of having them guide you around, and so on.
>>
I wonder what nu-Nintendo will lock behind Amiibos this time.

Whole levels?
How many Amiibos this time, when a low budget Metroid remake takes 4 Amiibos already?

last digit will tell how many Amiibos will be needed.
>>
>>388314514
>pirated the game
my condolences
not even worth the bandwidth and time.
>>
>>388314698
kek
holy shit, 8 Amiibos.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.