[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the general consensus on Elder Scrolls Online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
What's the general consensus on Elder Scrolls Online?
>>
It's better than it was at launch but not good enough yet
>>
"Fun" if you like the idea of a bastardize mmo Elder Scrolls.

Otherwise terrible story, okayish combat, graphics you'll either like or hate. Good way to waste 30-60 minutes out of your day everyday.
>>
its fully ftp now, right? if so, is there a catch to it?
>>
File: 1501652141581.png (713KB, 622x702px) Image search: [Google]
1501652141581.png
713KB, 622x702px
>>388312248
it's shit and they would be better making normal sp TES VI.
>>
Better than most MMO's /v/ thinks is good solely by virtue of not being a WoW clone
>>
>>388312498
New regions and expansion is locked behind subscription
>>
>>388312248
>Guild Wars 2 > TESO > Wow > FFXIV > Black Desert > Rift > Weebshit
>>
>>388312248
It's alright. Try the 10€ base game now. Don't listen to people who played the beta and will nag about that forever.

You will need the optional sub if you want to play it serious and craft some shit though.
>>
>>388312498
not it's b2p, just fucking Google it.
>>
it's pretty decent. better than most other MMO's out right now. a fuckload to do and the general experience is pretty well refined. good graphics and alright combat. i bought the gold edition on sale last year and finished a couple of the dlc questlines but eventually got fed up as a couldn't be bothered for the grind, but that goes for any MMO and is not a problem of this game specifically.

it's so cheap now that you won't really be losing much if you bought it and didn't like it.
>>
File: 1491856459595.jpg (60KB, 1106x325px) Image search: [Google]
1491856459595.jpg
60KB, 1106x325px
>>388312669
>optional sub if you want to play it serious
So it's fucking shit. Why waste your time trying to get a good stroy from fucking shitty MMO? Same with TOR.

Just get some story mods for Skyrim.
>>
I enjoy playing this videogame alot. It's very deep once you get into and make an effort to learn more about it. Also it has an ASSLOAD of content that ranges from meh to radical.
For 10 dosh dollars its a really good deal.

Also the sub really isnt needed. Only get it if you are serious about playing the game and want the extra content and the few perks it gives mainly the infinite space bag for crafting gear that also isnt needed.
>>
how diverse are character builds? Excluding meta complaints, how varied can one character be from another?
>>
>>388313015
Crafting isn't even worth it, is it? From what I've read most of the end game equipment come and from drops and stuff, and you have a steady supply of good drops when you're leveling. I've been trying crafting for a couple weeks now and it hasn't really helped me so far.
>>
>>388312573
>Guild Wars 2 that high
Wrong. Also Rift is so fucking garbage now i think weeb-shit would actually be better
>>
File: Tovisa_02.jpg (265KB, 773x773px) Image search: [Google]
Tovisa_02.jpg
265KB, 773x773px
This mission escalated quickly.
I mean it really got out of hand fast.
>>
>>388312530
>implying the same people made it
Why are telling others what SHOULD have happened when you have no idea what you are talking about?
>>
>>388313217
Well you can technically do "any" skill-class-race-weapon-armor combo and it would still function but expect to get raped in pvp and kicked from pve groups if ur build has no synergy. Literally anything works for singleplayer though
>>
I just started playing the other day, it's pretty fun and playing in 1st person feels nice and familiar. As a lowly F2Per, is there anything I should earmark my 500 crowns for like storage space or other shit I can't grind out? Also there is a noted lack of build sites out there, are respecs cheap enough that I can try different skill trees out or am I already kind of fucked?
>>
>>388313814
Respec is 50g per skill point dont sweat it. But for gods sake dont play first person if you go do group activities
>>
>>388313746
i have a group of 2 other friends i'm moderately interested in picking this up with. It's why I'm mostly curious. How hard does group pve content get?
Appreciate the response, btw.
>>
>>388313904
Yeah, I noticed it's got the traditional MMO attack tells which are kind of hard to see in first person. I'm like 2 days in and just got off Bleakrock so won't be grouping anytime soon though.
>>
>>388313332
I've been playing for almost a year now on PC and I have barely dabbled in crafting. I just have other people craft shit for me or I buy what I need.
>>
>>388312248
okay game, but not good enough
might pop a vein if you're a lorefag
>>
If you want an honest opinion of the game:

I've played through the vanilla campaign, and all of the post launch DLC, aside from Craglorn and Morrowind. So I can only speak to that.

The game is fun. It plays like an Elder Scrolls game, with the exception of a bunch of other players running around. You can mostly ignore all of that and treat it like a singleplayer game if you want. I played through most of the content duo with a friend and we had a good time.

It's a themepark MMO, though altered slightly to make it more Elder Scrollsy. Rather than going to a Hub area, gathering all the quests, and then doing them, they spread the quests out throughout each zone, which rewards exploration. Each quest is generally a multi part quest, and part of that area's storyline. They're all voice acted, and pretty well done. It's not just KILL X MOBS or GATHER X FLOWERS (though that's certainly there). There's some light puzzle solving thrown into the mix, and some quests offer shortcuts by way of dialog options. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it's different enough. Each zone has an overarching storyline that you're able to follow through the quests. They're all pretty well done.

The graphics are great, and the world is gorgeous. The music is really nice. Their DLC has been really good (especially the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs).
ESO+ is a paid subscription you can do, and while not required, it's really helpful in that you get a ton more bag space, and monthly points to use on shit in the store.

Overall, it's probably my favorite MMO currently. I lost interest in it a few months back, but I'll get back around to it to play through Morrowind. Being Buy to play was the best thing to happen to it.
>>
Where the fuck can I buy morrowind for cheap on PC?
>>
>>388314572
This sounds pretty good. I'm going to try it out for a few hours. I hope the music is worth it and up to my standard.

What kind of nice shit can you get from the store with the monthly points?
>>
I want to try this whats the cheapest but most complete way to play this game?
>>
>>388315232
Music is repetitious and definitely not the best of the Elder Scrolls. I found myself putting on a Jeremy Soule playlist of Elderscrolls 3 - 5 and that seemed to solve the problem.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.