[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate Code Veronica?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: codeveronicabanner[1].jpg (334KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
codeveronicabanner[1].jpg
334KB, 1920x1080px
Why do people hate Code Veronica?
>>
That cunty fuccboi with lugers and the fact that the game tried to make us care about him.
>>
>>388311340
because they didn't have a dreamcast when it was released, even after later versions where released they pain never left their ego
>>
>>388311340
Because they couldn't afford a Dreamcast.
>>
>>388311340
boring areas (with the exception of the ashford mansion/tower thing)
mostly boring enemies
shit final boss
>>
Because at the time they needed a Dreamcast to play it so Sonyfags shit on it until capcom ported it to the much inferior ps2.
>>
i like it. steve is faggy though. i enjoyed his death
>>
File: 1476254962499.jpg (4KB, 177x168px) Image search: [Google]
1476254962499.jpg
4KB, 177x168px
>>388311943
>>388312112
>>388312707
>>
>>388311340
They do?
>>
I played it on the PS2 and it was mediocre as fuck. Didn't even knew about the fucking dreamcast since it flopped horribly in my country, never even saw it on sale once.
>>
>>388311340
Because this was when the series went full on WTF with Wesker and Chris.
>>
>>388312707
at that time the ps2 was still moar envy then inferior but lets forget the past
>>
File: IMG_0085.jpg (45KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.jpg
45KB, 600x557px
>>388311340
Im biased for it. From 1998-2002, Resident Evil 2 was the only game i had ever (sneakingly) played, first when i was 9. Anyway, at 12 with a PS2 i finally convinced muh parents that i could have the only "Resident Evil" game on PS2 at that time, Code Veronica. Well boy, i had just found myself the literall sequel to RE2 and i was hooked. It started off well, but got bizzaro land pretty quick, and i did not yet fully comprehend the importance of Wesker, just that i was vaugely aware he had died betraying Chris in RE1 which i was loosley familar with the first 30 mins of.

Anyway, i just couldn't hate on CV, too many good memories, and on top of that Claire got fucking BOOSTED for CV and i was now a young teenage boy, no more needs to be said.
>>
The controls somehow felt worse than Resident Evil 3's. C:VX was alright for the most part as the "next gen" Resident Evil game, but when the REmake came out I quickly soured on it.

It remains as the weakest main Resident Evil game, in my opinion.
>>
File: IMG_0053.jpg (221KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0053.jpg
221KB, 1024x683px
>>388312707
>PS2
>much inferior
>>
>>388311707
This. Never come between a man and his waifu.
>>
>>388313547
>implying he's wrong
All the RE games ported to the PS2 are dogshit.
>>
>>388313638
I am implying just that. How can it be shit on PS2 but great on Dreamcast exactly? In fact "X" has more content and better lighting.
>>
>>388313759
It was a near two year old game at the point it was repackaged for PS2, with minimal new content and no improvements. Load times are noticeably worse on PS2 versions of games also.

Not nearly as awful as RE4 PS2, but I digress
>>
>>388311340
The whole game felt like people watched some of the previous RE locations and tried to make them again with 0% passion.
Rarely engaging or creepy.
Weapon progression didn't feel as good as previous entries.
Nothing unique. Arguably RE 2 didn't have anything unique either besides maybe Mr X but that was after having completed the game. The point is RE 2 still had the boost of introducing "full scale" zombie apocalypse. CV had just "more of it", there's literally nothing that makes it stand out. It was just more mansion, more police station, more riding the series.
Wrong kind of cheesy.
I blame it for the fall of the genre.
>>
File: cvx_001.jpg (102KB, 326x570px) Image search: [Google]
cvx_001.jpg
102KB, 326x570px
>>388313405
CV Claire is best Claire
just something about her face they got right
>>
>>388311943
>>388312112
>>388312707
This. It's exactly why it's hated on /v/ at least.
>>
Regenerating enemies, jerky camera, shitty puzzles. Its not RE:0 bad by any means but I can understand why REmake and the original 3 are more highly regarded.
>>
File: Alexalexia.jpg (6KB, 201x228px) Image search: [Google]
Alexalexia.jpg
6KB, 201x228px
>>388311340
veronica was considered out of date at release and worse than nemesis

its puzzles are stupid as shit, totally screwing over new players if you didnt read a guide. same with the "lol fuck you surprise boss" segments

then you get told to backtrack though endless re spawning enemies.

steve is steve
the ashfords are fucking dumb with no motivation and no reason to even be bothering anyone
>hurr i want to fuck muh dead sister
>who will recover just fine in a year or so
>better kidnap all these special forces operatives
neo wesker is now canon
>>
>>388311943
>>388312112
>>388312707
I had a Dreamcast and preordered CV. I'm a huge RE fanboy, and the Dreamcast itself caused me to dislike CV. My Dreamcast happened to have a loud fan in it, which was just there, always whirring away and annoying me. CV is the only Dreamcast game I finished, all the great games I was sure I'd love like Shenmue, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia, I just hated and quit playing. I eventually picked up ports when they were cheap and was surprised at how much I enjoyed them. But I'm still stuck disliking every Dreamcast game because that noise slowly aggravated me every second I tried to play a game.
>>
File: bestjill.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bestjill.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>388315337
Zero isnt a bad game

If your complaints are anything to do with the partner ai or inventory you should keep your shit opinions to yourself
>>
>>388316067

>My Dreamcast

That's every Dreamcast. You turn that sucker on and it would take off like a fucking jet engine piloted by a woman.

>>388312112

Dreamcast we're so cheap, I bought 2 of them. One for home and another for work and pirated games.
>>
>>388317035
Not him, but Zero is complete dogshit. The partner system is the least of it's problems.
>Terrible, non-sensical story that fucks with the lore
>Completely fucked inventory system
>Shitty enemy designs that are literally just big animals most of the time.
>Some of the most worst dialogue in the series. It's even so bad that it's funny. It's just awkward and stilted.
>Rebecca kills tons of monsters in Zero but is hesitant to just shoot one bullet hours later? Oh, fuck off.
It had nice looking locations. That's it. It's unnecessary filler.
>>
>>388315337
>Regenerating enemies

False.
>>
>>388314840
>Nothing unique

>Cross dressing loser that has a weird relationship with his sister
>Finally a female mutation that's not a sexless tyrant
>The first real female antagonist of the series
>Wesker's first appearance since the first game

It has a lot of unique things when compare to the series up to that point.
>>
I dunno. I unironically really liked it on par with the first 3 games. I liked the length, the soundtrack, the locations. It also added some more stuff to the lore.
>>
>>388311340
that's a hentai game though
>>
>>388315382
>though endless re spawning enemies.

>>388315337
Regenerating enemies

Was this a Dreamcast thing because there's no regenerating enemies on the PS2 or HD versions.

>>better kidnap all these special forces operatives

They didn't kidnap them. The special forces attacked the island, led by Wesker who wanted to take Alexia's research. Alfred was just a fucking nutcase and assumed Claire was in on it.
>>
>>388312572
>shit final boss

She had a cool soundtrack though. The shittest final boss is easily the Tyrant in 1. I think B Route Birkin is the best final boss fight if we're counting all the stages he goes through during the game.
>>
>>388311340
I like CV. The only problem I have is that Alexia was released way too late and her first boss fight was a joke.
>>
I loved it
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.