[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it too late to get into phantasy star online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: phantasystaronline2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
phantasystaronline2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
is it too late to get into phantasy star online?
>>
>>388309819
Enjoy farming for a year for SAF.
>>
>>388310495
ugh.. is that a yes or a no?
I don't know shit about this game, I only played the original in my cousins house for like 4 hours and have had fond memories of it. that's as far as I'm familiar with it.
>>
>>388310945
The games shit.
>>
>>388311271
So no. alright then. I remember hearing good things about it here at some point though. weird.
>>
NA RELEASE WHEN!?
>>
>>388311397
It's ok but the signup process is a pain in the ass and the translations you can download aren't full.
>>
it's a cool game, if they announced NA release I'd be there day 1

also PSO1 is still fun if you have a friend to play along with you
>>
I hate what this series has become. I want it to go back to a time before cowboy hats were part of the game.
>>
>>388312358
alright, let's say I decided to get the game and got past the signup process.
What am I in for then? am i gonna have fun?
>>
>>388312904
meant for
>>388312262
or anyone that can answer my question for that matter.
>>
>>388312904
The combat itself is pretty good though class balance got a bit worse in Episode 5. Don't worry too much about it. Starting off is a bit easier now but the game is easy and may feel boring until the Super Hard difficulty (Level 50+)
>>
>>388309819
I've played PSO2 for 4 years and I stopped because it got retarded and tedious. The game also gets repetitive. If you like endlessly farming for shit and relying on RNG for shit, go ahead.
>>
>>388313268
>If you like endlessly farming for shit and relying on RNG for shit

welcome to MMOs
>>
>>388313203
how long does it take until I get to level 50+?
is it worth it in the end?
>>388313268
I can't tolerate grinding if the game if fundamentally fun, but I have my limits. is it unbearably repetetive?
>>
Emulate PSP2
>>
I miss OG Phantasy Star
>>
>>388313360
*can
>>
>>388309819
No
t. joined at the end of 2016 and doing absolutely fine
It all depends on whether or not you want to be the absolute best or just toptier; the absolute best have been playing since beta
But that applies to most MMORPGs
>>
>>388313613
I just want to have fun anon. I can tolerate grinding if the core gameplay is fun and not too repetetive. is the game fun anon?
>>
>>388313751
Yes, undoubtedly
The combat system alone in my opinion makes up for almost all the flaws the game has; it's so fluid and engaging and I always come back even if I burn out from a grind
>>
>>388313937
Alright It's settled then. Guess I'll just look up a guide on how to download the game. anything you'd recommend?
>>
>>388313360
I honestly don't know because there's more quests that give extra exp now. Shouldn't be more than a month though and there's certain quests you can do at any time to level up (Advanced Quests).

The end game currently consists of defeating certain enemies (specific level) to fill up gauges on a "sheet" to obtain a certain weapon. This is usually done up to 6 times if you want to maximize its damage but you can stop after 3 for the full elemental bonus. There's also certain quests you can do weekly for money which a lot of people spend on cosmetic items from the biweekly gacha scratch.
>>
>>388314005
Go to the general on /vg/.
Read and reread every link in the OP, including the pastebin and google translate the japanese wiki @pso2.swiki.jp before you ask questions; newfags have copped a lot of flak from shitposters lately.
Don't fuck up your mag and watch videos of classes (search PSO2 and [insert class acronym here] on youtube) before you start properly levelling.
>>
>>388314171
>>388314016

alright thanks alot fellas, you've been alot of help.
>>
>>388313365
My nigga
>>
try playing the original on pioneer2.net

PSO2 isn't very good
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.