[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

excited for this will they go full skyrim this time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (26).jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (26).jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
excited for this

will they go full skyrim this time?
>>
>full skyrim

Christ i hope not
>>
File: 1502870349443m.jpg (134KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
1502870349443m.jpg
134KB, 1024x574px
>>388309505
>that box art
>>
This entire franchise is just ME skinned in a tolkein fantasy world

as a true fan, having played all the games, BioWare has always been a shit dev with no substance, they just made decent worlds with bland gameplay and acted like hollow dialogue options and minor GoT soap tier decisions mattered

I played DA:O - was good for it's time but massively overrated
played DA2, only good bit was the lore menu stuff, I bought all the DLC too, sunk 100 hours into it
DA:I was just shit, anyone with sense knows this not even gonna get into it

I won't be buying anymore BioWare games, they were always lazy and half baked and I finally see that now, Andromeda was the culmination of them getting away with being lazy for too long and I am very happy with the response from people seeing them for what they are
>>
>>388309505

I read they will go for open world again.
It's already doomed to be shit.
>>
BioWare are the worst dev out there at the moment, and a retrospective of their games is underwhelming, have no staying power

I've never had the urge to replay any of their titles, have no idea why I bought anything by them
>>
>>388311105

except you're wrong

i always wanted the map in da:i to be seamless
>>
aren't griffons fucking extinct or some shit in DA?
>>
>>388309505
full sjw more likely
>>
So guess I am the only one who liked DA:I
>>
>>388311538
like usually I'd just insult but why? whats good about it?

I'm actually angry about the time I wasted in the Hinterlands
>>
>>388311538
Nah, I like it too.
Trespasser > base game, though.
>>
>>388311341
I suggest you try WoW or something if you love le big open worlds so much
>>
>>388309505
But DA 2 and 3 were phenomenal fuck ups. How can you be excited?
>>
>>388311393
They are, I specifically remember someone saying this and I never even finished Origins.

I wonder what bullshit they will pull out to revive them.
>>
>>388311538
It released at a time with literally no other RPG's coming out so people that played, including myself, have a warped sense of it being a good game because there were no other alternatives.
>>
File: 1502620951406.png (457KB, 512x444px) Image search: [Google]
1502620951406.png
457KB, 512x444px
>>388309505
>dragon age game
>set during the griffon age
>>
>>388311538
One of a few I guess. I hated that there was zero roleplaying. You had to headcanon everything yourself to the point where you can just write a fanfic and be done with it.
>Try to play ass a dick
>BUT I AM THE HERALD I HAVE TO SACRIFICE MYSELF gets forced out of my character which doesn't suit him whatsoever
You have 3 different ways to be a good guy in that game, it's lazy as fuck. Not to mention that the story itself is like 4 hours long, the rest is subpar filler quests with zero depth.
>>
>>388311538
I enjoyed it, for what is was worth. Trespasser was a bretty good dlc, and fucking Eggman was always a shifty, elven cunt.
>>
File: 1489704051819.gif (618KB, 313x235px) Image search: [Google]
1489704051819.gif
618KB, 313x235px
>>388312080
finally someone who actually played the game and has taste

I feel like half the people here watched a trailer and are defending the shit to their graves for some reason

>post something with some insight about how the game/series is shit
>no replies

next post

I LIKED DA GAME. (nothing further)
>>
DA:I made me realize how much of a difference a good VA makes. Bull's script is superior to Dorian's, yet his delivery is so flat it makes it boring. Dorian's VA on the other hand makes a boring script work.
>>
>>388312080
Fuck. This
I had to stop playing after 30 hours for fear of going into a vegetative state out of mind-numbing boredom because absolutely nothing is happening and they send you out on pointless quests where you have to grind for hours to gather some points to progress further in the story.
>>
>>388311658

Nah man, i'd never play mmo shit
>>
File: 1468855186323.jpg (462KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1468855186323.jpg
462KB, 816x816px
>>388311538
>tfw the later stages of Descent
>>
File: kYK3hEt.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
kYK3hEt.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>388309505

I'm looking forwards to it. I spent about a year without a PC, so a PS4 and Inquisition was a lifesaver that probably made me feel the game was better than it actually was. DA2 was shit, but I got to send Hawke to his death, so I'm one step closer to erasing all fragments of it from my personal playthroughs.

Dragon Age Origins is and was a magical experiance, despite the game world being pretty fucking generic, right down to most of the armor just being different colors on the same model. I remember all the trailers with the 30 Seconds to Mars music, the flaming sword and blue glowy eyes that never made it into the game, and the armor that only did so in a DLC.

Overall at this point I'm just somewhat invested in the mythos and setting, and want to see where it goes.

I'm not expecting another Origins. I mean, it was a game where you could play as a slave-class Elf who nearly got raped on her wedding day (an arranged marriage to someone she didn't know, no less) and her best friend (an alcoholic elf) did get raped, and then get made to Take the Black, and spend the rest of the game being treated like a second class sex object by noble men and a worthless criminal by everyone else. It went places no rpg would fucking dare today. Inquisition plays it safe as fuck by comparison. Even Fallout now takes place in a PG-13 post-apocolypse, with veggi-strainer and mini-nude-cap bras being replaced by commical full-body underwear complete with ass flap. 'Roleplaying' games can't have actual stakes and nasty things happening to the main character, now. That might hurt their fee-fees.

>I am Jack's burning rage.
>>
File: 1494850326448.png (43KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1494850326448.png
43KB, 256x256px
>>388313990
>mfw
>>
Just give more Morrigan.
>>
>>388312412
This is why I knew ME:A was going to be shit, because DA:I was full of nothing but grinding and ME:A looked to be more of the same.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.