[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rig Construction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Rig building in progress.jpg (190KB, 1200x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Rig building in progress.jpg
190KB, 1200x1137px
OK fellow /v/andals, I have a question here.

Soon I will be buying a new rig. I ain't buying some monster rig, but one that is powerful enough to play games like Total War: Warhammer on Ultra Details + all the graphic and special effects things in 60 FPS. I'm waiting a little more until the graphic cards get a little cheaper (because during vacations the cards suddenly increased in price for some reason).

My configuration is as follows:
>AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2GHz, Six Core, 16MB, 65W, BOX, AM4)
>SilentiumPC Spartan 3 LT
>Asrock X370 Killer Sli, AMD X370, HDMI, DDR4, SATA3, U2, M2, RAID, GBLAN, ATX, AM4
>DDR4 16GB 2400 MHz HyperX Fury Black (CL15)
>ADATA 128GB SSD, 2.5", SATA/600 560MB/s, 300MB/s SU800 (main system hard-drive)
>Seagate IronWolf 2TB, SATA-III, 64MB, (NAS) (secondary hard-drive for everything else)
>GeForce GTX1080 Gigabyte, 8GB, DDR5X, 3xDP, HDMI, DVI, PCI-E, G1 Gaming 1695/10000
>Windows 7

Is it an acceptable configuration? I did it in a "as cheap as possible, yet with as much power as possible" way.
>>
>>388307874
Dont chimp out on the PSU and you're good to go.
>>
>no case
The absolute madman
>>
It all looks pretty good. You probably don't need that CPU cooler because the one that comes with Ryzen is actually surprisingly good but that's up to you. Also, maybe I'm blind but you didn't post PSU or case.
>>
>>388308012
>>388308352

Well I do have a Zalman ZM-T4 USB 3.0 Black Mini Tower mATX + ATX 620W ModeCom FEEL - 620ATX (Fan 120mm, PFC) included, but I didn't think to post it as something this important in this thread.
>>
>>388308414
>ATX 620W ModeCom FEEL

If you value your equipment get a better PSU than that.
>>
>>388308414
Case is very important. A bad case will inhale dust and cause your components to overheat. Get a Fractal Arc Midi or something.
>>
>>388308414
This is actually very important because the mobo you choose does not fit in that case and that psu looks like a piece of shit my man.
>>
>>388308414
>mATX case with an ATX motherboard

Lel
>>
>>388308657
Hmm. Then I better look for a better one then.

>>388308660
>>388308664
Well a pal of mine did say that Zalman is pretty good. Still gonna go and talk with the guy who sells the stuff.

>>388308808
It did list the two as compatible. Maybe it's a mistake?
>>
>>388308871
It is literally too small for an ATX mobo. You can go on Amazon and even see people asking if ATX will fit and people saying no.
>>
>>388308871
>Still gonna go and talk with the guy who sells the stuff.
Don't go full retard. I'm probably gonna get shit on for recommending reddit, but /v/ is clueless and /g/ is too elitist to help you, so go to /r/buildapc
>>
>>388307874
In big battles nothing will play it at 60fps
>>
>>388307874
>gpu
>cheaper
not happening for the next 9 months kiddo
get a 1050ti to cover you, when the price dips mid next year you can pick up whatever is at the top then.
>>
make sure you know what you're getting into with ryzen and win7. ryzen is not officially supported so there's some hoops you have to jump through, like lack of usb drivers so may need a ps2 keyboard to navigate the install menus. also windows update can be really flaky with it, so you should save time and make an iso with all the important updates (and take out the telemtry shit) slipstreamed in ahead of time.
>>
>>388307874
Get a bigger SSD anon
>>
Is Ryzen a meme or are AMD actually able to compete again?
>>
>buying windows 7

lol
>>
>>388307874
You need to dump the cpu cooler since the cpu comes with a decent one, get a b350 motherboard instead, get at least 3200 mhz ram for ryzen (cpu speed increases alot with memory speed)

Seagate is shit, get western digital
>>
>>388309091
Unpopular opinion but Reddit is just fine for tech support-y issues and information. It's engaging with the community that's a problem. Think of it like people on /v/ who lurk and only post when they have something to contribute vs people who shitpost constantly.
>>
>>388309316
Ryzen trashed Intels cpus.

Why do you think Intel is rushing out coffee lake with moar cores after a decade of quad cores.
>>
>>388309316
>>388309463

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
>>
>>388309549
>top-tier Ryzens are triple the score of my old 4670k
Awesome, might finally be time to upgrade
>>
>>388309673
Your 4670k will hold up for a while, especially single threaded, but Ryzen just introduced loadsacores for the mainstream, at very affordable prices. You can get a 6 core with hyperthreading now probably for slightly cheaper even than what you paid for your 4 core without HT.
>>
>>388309673
considering you can still run 2500ks just fine
unless you need morecorez there is no need to upgrade
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.