[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how was Grimoire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

So, how was Grimoire?
>>
>>388306527
Grimwho?
>>
>>388306527

This game is a fucking meme I swear to god, A classic example of a dev who was told he was insane and mentally challenged with god-syndrome, who locked himself in some basement to create this "gem" with 2 decade old technology, with outdated gameplay elements.
His enthusiasm makes his sheep followers adopt the "people hate it because it's 2 complex n shiet" mentallity, they assume superiority.

If i was getting paid to play this, i would quit my fucking job. this is not a "game", it's something i would force people to learn and master in some fucking dungeon with a gun to their heads, it's more effective than water boarding as a torture method.

dev is legit an autist.
>>
File: 1503166409333.png (113KB, 957x606px) Image search: [Google]
1503166409333.png
113KB, 957x606px
>>388308284
cease sape
Your mind is to dense to comprehend the beauty of this game
>>
>>388308919
Isn't that dutch?
>>
>>388309161
That's the joke.
>>
I think the RPGcodex review is pretty spot-on.
It nails the atmosphere of being a huge world that you're free to roam and explore, but the awful "numbers" behind it all regarding character builds, enemy encounters and the battle system ruin it all in the long run.
>>
>>388308919

It's not a game it's a job at learning a system and mastering it, it's not fun. it's not a game. we don't "play" grimoire, we try to play a creation of a lunatic autist trying to prove himself.
>>
>>388306527
Are those custom portrait?
The aesthetics are all over the place.
>>
>>388309660
That's what commissioning graphics for over 20 years gets you.
>>
>>388309660
The shitty 3D models are portraits of recruitable NPCs, I guess the dev no longer has contact with the artist who did all the player portraits
>>
ITT: Sapes
>>
>>388309660

autist dev would say "these are just fucking portraits the math behind them is more important, don't be a normie gamer this game is for the elite gamers who see past things like graphics, sound, interface, gameplay, they see past all the typical things that make vidya games vidya games for I have created a glorified pen and paper rpg from autist-land, witness my autism.
>>
>>388308919
Based dutchbro
>>
It's actually pretty funny how quickly this shitty game died. Even Battleborn had more fight in it than this miserable pile of shit.
>inb4 "le goonshit sape reddit SJW brainlet can't appreciate muh wizardry clone."
>>
>>388313194
Because Battleborn is an actual game. I'm pretty new to the genre (only played -a- Wizardry game when I was very little), mainly started with Legend of Grimrock. Then saw this appear on /v/. I downloaded it, started it up. And after 15m I just gave up. The fact that it didn't have a tutorial or any explanation makes it unplayable. I think a lot of people feel the same way I do about it.
I really wanted it to be good ;_;
>>
File: 1469585672584.gif (2MB, 360x264px) Image search: [Google]
1469585672584.gif
2MB, 360x264px
>>388308919
>I figured if I just wait my mastery of Turkish will be more important shortly if I want to communicate with Germans
Neanderthall got the bants
>>
It's buggy and repetitive as fuck (basically, 99% of combat is just mowing autoattack, 100%ing the maps with Detect Secrets and recasting Armorplate and Magic Screen), and it has loads of filler, but sometimes it just naturally comes together, as this explorative adventure game, where you just go whatever you please, discover weird nonsensical stuff, which you only notice in passing before venturing forth once again, and where you discover some cool artifacts which give you abilities which allow you to do things you weren't able to do before and to progress where you weren't able before. When the whole thing comes together, it has, like, this weird dreamlike feel to it, like, anything is possible or something. And then you just get in, like, some shitty 7level dungeon, like, say, Moravia, with shittiest content imaginable, and the loot, half of which doesn't even work, because bugs. Or Necropolix, or that shitty muchroom dungeon I've just finished (the game says, that I've cleared 82% of the maps).

So, yeah. Sometimes it works. As a, sort of, "openworld adventure game" (as I've already said, the combat is just fucking broken in its entirety, and isn't really worth mentioning) or maybe rather a treasure hunt.

But overall, it's just really not finished yet.
>>
File: 1471718034738.png (192KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471718034738.png
192KB, 500x500px
Why are some portraits 3D and some pixelart?
>>
>>388313770
HE
>>
I got the 8 tablets, how do I interact with the clock?
>>
>>388308284
tl;dr I didn't bother figuring how the game works and quit after 10 minutes
>>
>>388315881
It's hard to figure out how the game works when you're given little to no feedback and half the shit doesn't even work.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.