[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that had to google what a fucking Dyson sphere was?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1471051733868.png (232KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1471051733868.png
232KB, 512x384px
Am I the only one that had to google what a fucking Dyson sphere was?
>>
>>388306225

probably you fucking brainlet
>>
>>388306225
Play stellaris.
>>
>>388306316
"Probably you" isn't an answer to "am I the only one", you dumb nigger.
>>
yes you fucking retard
>>
>>388306225
Shut the fuck up about dyson spheres you fucking autismo
>>
>>388306225
It's not something very commonly brought up, so I'd imagine many people did. Prepare for everyone to call you a dumbass though because this did not deserve an entire thread.
>>
File: mmno.jpg (175KB, 546x530px) Image search: [Google]
mmno.jpg
175KB, 546x530px
>>388306225
Even if you don't know much sci-fi shit, anyone who watched a lot of star trek had it explained in tng. You probably aren't the only one, but you don't have much company I'm sure.
>>
>>388306225
I had to because initially I confused it with that perfectly-smooth-surface thing.
>>
>>388306371
Speaking of which, I hope they add an easter egg about this.
"My President, it seems that some shithead from one of the primitive planets we conquered rammed a cargo boat into one of our dyson spheres.
It did no damage to the overall structure but one cafeteria was wrecked and James who was enjoying his afternoon coffee died in the explosion.
Will you attend his funeral service?"

Shit practically writes itself.
>>
I bet a lot of people know about the concept but forgot what it's called
>>
>>388306404
Probably, you fucking brainlet
>>
yeh. I played Duel Masters
>>
You boring ass uneducated nigga
>>
>>388306225
Maybe, I was born with that knowledge
>>
>>388306225
Nah man I haven't played HL2 so don't know what it is either.
>>
>>388306548
If you are into sci-fi stuff (or even retarded reddit-tier pop science) you should know what a Dyson Sphere is.
It shows that a lot of Half Life ''fans'' are just bandwagoning ''nerds'' when they don't even know basics stuff like this, but they still want to be in on a thing and be cool.

This is kind of like if someone pretended to be into Lord of the Rings and then had to ask people what a Balrog is. It's just weird.
>>
>>388306225
No, I just scrolled down a bit and read a few posts.
>>
>>388306619
>Materialist
Take whatever's left of the ship, how the fuck did they throw a sea ship into space anyway?

>Military
Rape everyone of those monkeys. Oh and James too.

>Spiritual
Oh shit this is a fucking sign, dismantle the dyson sphere.

>Diplomatic
Culturally enrich the primitives.
>>
File: IMG_5886.jpg (40KB, 328x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5886.jpg
40KB, 328x342px
>>388306404
>his gestalt meditations don't allow him to automatically insert grammatical symbols
>>
I don't think I would have known if I hadn't seen that one TNG episode.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.