[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What version of Doom 3 should i bet? Original vs. BFG.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1481206893639.png (883KB, 756x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481206893639.png
883KB, 756x1080px
What version of Doom 3 should i bet? Original vs. BFG.
>>
BFG
>>
Original
>>
>>388304715
BFG, but download a source port. The vanilla game was made for consoles.
>>
>>388304715
Original.
BFG is just an inferior version and it adds a some bad new levels and bad expansion pack to the game which will ruin your experience.
Doom 3 is not a bad game, but if you play BFG edition you will probably go away thinking Doom 3 is a bad game.

It's like Riddick Escape from Butcher's Bay vs Riddick Assault on Athena.
>>
>>388304835
It was definitely made with PCs in mind.
>>
Original, the lighting in BFG is fucked.
>>
>>388305030
You can't even bring up the console and the graphics settings are laughable, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>388304990
>It's like Riddick Escape from Butcher's Bay vs Riddick Assault on Athena.
Those are two different games, poindexter.
>>
>>388305176
Escape from Butcher's Bay version included in Athena is visually inferior to the original. It has a shitty filter you can't turn off, it looks bad.
>>
>>388305176
No, retard. Assault on Athena includes the original game, but worse.
I've seen a lot of people playing the Assault on Athena version thinking they played Butcher's Bay. They also play the shitty 2 hour long new levels and they walk away thinking the game is shit.
>>
>>388304715
Original. BFG is a graphical downgrade (thanks consoles) and even cripples the default FOV (thanks console players). I think it even disables the console (command console with all this talk about the other sort of consoles I thought I'd best clarify). It's worse all around, in any case.

>>388305126
>You can't even bring up the console
In vanilla? Yes, you can. Annoyingly enough you have to hold shift down but it is there.
>>
>>388304715
BFG with oculus rift mod
>>
BFG is censored last I heard, don't know specifics.
>>
Doom 3 supports co-op, BFG Edition does not
>>
>>388305126
The console version was a port that was made after the pc version was released, shut the fuck up.
>>
File: Kleer_101.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Kleer_101.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>388304715
original.
BFG has unskippable cutscenes, and these tend to be very fucking boring, and usually way longer than they should. Also some lighting magic was removed, because consoles couldn't handle it.
On plus side, it's more generous with ammunition and allows flashlight all the time, instead of making it shitty melee weapon, but that you can easily achieve with mods.
Also majority of mods won't work with BFG
>>
>>388304715
ORIGINAL.
BFG Edition is downgraded, censored, and doesnt support mods.
>>
>>388307215
BFG Edition is literally a console downgrade, released on a PC.
>>
Okay, i got the original. I've tried to change the resolution to 1920x1080 by changing seta r_customHeight, seta r_mode and seta r_aspectRatio but it doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>388309149
This requires the latest patch.

Press Ctrl+Alt+~ to open the console, and then input the following console commands:

seta r_mode "-1" //This enables the use of widescreen and custom resolutions
seta r_customWidth "X" //Where X is your screen width, e.g. 1920
seta r_customHeight "Y" //Where Y is your screen height, e.g. 1080
seta r_aspectRatio "1" //"1" for 16:9, "2" for 16:10

Restart the game when done.
>>
hey, i just bought BFG edition during the sale too
>>
>>388304715
Original all the way, consoles can't handle this game from 2004 so it got downgraded and the "duct tape" mod was integrated into it for casuals with no way to turn it off. You can achieve native resolution with console commands in the original and it'll look great. Then download a sourceport for Doom 1 and 2.
>>
File: winnie the pooh.png (97KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
winnie the pooh.png
97KB, 320x287px
It was a pretty bad game imo. Walk into a dark room, demons spawn out of literal closets, shotgun them frantically until the wave ends. Switch to your flashlight and go thru some more corridors until you reach another demon spawn point. Rinse and repeat for like 20 hours, Jesus.

Quake 4 is the best Doom 3 game, btw.
>>
>>388304835
There are source ports of 3?
>>
File: 2013-08-17_00005.jpg (294KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-17_00005.jpg
294KB, 1920x1200px
>>388309149
...why? I just set it via the in-game Options.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.