[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think FF7 is the best in the series and if yes... why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: ThunderCloud.jpg (202KB, 1242x1543px) Image search: [Google]
ThunderCloud.jpg
202KB, 1242x1543px
Do you think FF7 is the best in the series and if yes... why?
>>
>>388301815
I think FF6 is
>>
trouble with FF fans is that their first one tends to be their favorite. Because they'll play it several times maybe, then try out other games and just go back to their first one.

And 50% of the people on /v/ who claim to have played all of them are lying, so who cares.
>>
>>388303250
My first was FF7, and my favourite is FF9 tho
>>
>>388303140
fpbp
>>
>>388303250
I've played enough of them to know what I like in a Final Fantasy game. My favourites are in no particular order; 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 12 with the Tactics series getting a special mention.

All time favourite is 9. Battle system is slow but other than that it has my favourite progression system, story, characters and setting. Would love a proper remake that keeps prerendered backgrounds.
>>
>>388301815
I can accept the story is a bit wonky but I love the themes and battle system

>>388303642
>All time favourite is 9
I actually like everything about 9 but every single time I try to play through it I just eventually stop playing around disc 3.
>>
>>388301815
5,6,7,and 9. Any of these answers are correct. No reason to put them against each other. unless we include FF Tactics of course.
Funny how this spinoff is better than the main series.
>>
>>388303340
Are you me?
>>
7 is my favorite but I think 9 is the best.
>>
>>388301815
FFX International Edition is my favorite

>best battle system
>fun bosses, not just damage sponges
>sphere grid system
>all those fuckin extra bosses
>overdrives are legit fun
>comfy music and world(yes even more than IX)

X is just so much more refined

6 and 7 is great, both don't amount to much in terms of combat, but really fun and cinematic games, with insanely massive scope

9 is pretty goat, but that Trance system is whack and combat takes it sweet time,

12 was a chore to play, thank god for the "fast-forward" button, christ that game is such an overrated shit show at times

8 & 13 are trash btw

15 was ok, didn't finish it
>>
>>388301815
Now I need a posable Jordan action figure, FUCK.
>>
FF legend, which apparently wasn't a FF game. First one on a console was FF VII, but I think I like VIII the best. The summons were absolutely top tier, as was the music, graphics, and setting.
>>
>>388301815
4-6-9 are the absolute peak
2-8-12 are so low they could parachute out of a snake's asshole
10-13-15 belong on death row
7 is just a meme
>>
>>388306658
>The summons were absolutely top tier, as was the music, graphics, and setting.
You play games like a child if those are your reasons why a game is good.
>>
>>388307085
>4
>peak of anything

i will never understand why that game gets so much praise

everything about that game is generic, from the combat to the music

nothing in that game is your choice or your doing, you party constantly changes and events happen all the time that are out of your control

6 i understand the hype and praise, but 4 is so fuckin forgettable

FF 1,2,3,4 are all so fucking forgettable, i rather play Dragon Quest instead.
>>
>>388307085
I dont like how people ignore 1.
Did no one here had the interest to try it?
Go play it for christ sake, it wont take you more than a weekend. It's a pretty good ff.
>>
>>388307085
>i get my opinions from the internet
>>
File: 1469671204739.png (731KB, 810x730px) Image search: [Google]
1469671204739.png
731KB, 810x730px
>>388307513
FF1 is a poor man's DQ3
>>
I appreciate all your opinions but
>>
File: image.png (324KB, 678x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
324KB, 678x549px
8 is better than 7
>>
>>388301815
FF6 and Tactics is the best.
>>
>>388303250
First was 7, favorite is 10
I think the 'your first ff is your favorite' shit is dumb.
Its really just there are a lot of people who only played through one of them between 6-10 and had trouble getting in to another since they are pretty similar in that era.
>>
I guess the way it aims for the lowest common denominator and succeeds. It's funny, it's tragic, it's romantic, it's sexy, it's spiritual, it's mundane. It reminds me of mega popular stage plays like Les Misérables or Phantom of the Opera.

Too bad the gameplay's kind of shit.
>>
File: 5991.png (911KB, 1200x1050px) Image search: [Google]
5991.png
911KB, 1200x1050px
My first was 4, and then 7.

But I like 5 and 6 most.
>>
>>388303250
6 is the last one i finshed after playing 8,10,9,7,4,13,15 in that order. i can say proudly that FF6 is the most innovative ever and absolutely the best one with 10 coming close at second. So your reason is false.

FF7 is only good on the first part. the gameplay also felt shallow, the characters are not unique. the story are okay but its just cloud's story all the other characters felt unimportant. I couldnt bother finish the game with that long spells cutscene with sephiroth. ended up watching youtube for the ending.
>>
>>388308952
I don't think 6 is innovative at all. He just do well with the mechanics introduced in the older games. Not a demerit though, you don't have to innovate to be good.
>>
>>388309559
I think this game is fucking smart, trying to fully use of technology at that time. Tell me if these are done in all the older and newer titles.

>using mutiple parties at a time.
>side, back, pincer fights
>unusually way to kill bosses; example, killing own party member to do it.
>side quest you whole party have to "die" in a random encouter to be teleported to a hidden dungeon.
>cut scenes during battle
>a really sad quest
>Gau's Rage collecting

this game is so unpredictable, there's always something new to keep you interested on playing like there creator are so thoughtful at making the game while all these new game is just formulaic and following the same pattern.

also tell me what ffxiii have.
>>
>>388310953
Every FF add something new, if we're talking innovation i would put IV with the ATB system, V with the job system and XIII with the total revamp of the combat (despite being a shitty innovation in my opinion).
Storywise, 4 is the start of the serious tone, 6 with the whole pick your linearity, but 8 is the most innovative, since it tells a story with reverse cause and effect.

>tell me what ffxiii have
Why did you mention 13 out of nowhere? It's the worst ff in the franchise.
>>
I unironically think that X is the best
>>
>>388311570
>i would put IV with the ATB system, V with the job system and XIII with the total revamp of the combat

III had the Job System first

XII revamped the combat first

2 has a serious story and plot with actual characters

8 is garbage
>>
>>388312278
XII only put optional automation. Its the same system. Xiii took that and actually revamped the combat.
>>
>>388301815
5 and tactics advance
>>
>>388307597
If this an actual filter or just someone's art?
>>
>>388301815
They did such a good job on his face and apparel, but what's with his body?

I would actually buy this and do the same thing.
>>
>>388301815
Nah, xv-kun told me FFXV is the easily the best FF in the series in every regard and one of the best games every created so i'll believe him
>>
The best FF is unironically LR.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.