[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would YOU have ended the series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: Borealis_Ep2.jpg (343KB, 959x576px) Image search: [Google]
Borealis_Ep2.jpg
343KB, 959x576px
How would YOU have ended the series?
>>
>>388301397
With Half Life 2 Episode 2.
>>
Leave it as a open ending
>>
>>388301456
Gaben go back to bed
>>
So how does this thing work again? Isn't it just a time travel machine?
>>
>>388301456
Surely you mean with the original Half-Life.
>>
>>388301670
Don't know, i never played a half life game.
I just want the stupid Half Life 3 people to shut the fuck up already and stop pretending to care THIS much about some dumb FPS with platforming.
>>
>>388301397
I actually can't think of a better ending than the player contemplating futility as the Borealis plunges towards a fucking Dyson.
>>
>>388301943
Yeah I actually liked the bleak, melancholy ending desu
>>
>go back in time
>black mesa
>gordan was the one who fucked up experiment lol
>infinite time loop
>>
>>388301456
Eat a dick, Gabe.
>>
>>388301943
Nah it's pretty shit and doesn't fits at all with the rest of the series.
>>
>>388302784
>doesn't fits at all with the rest of the series.
Nigger, Gordon literally doomed human civilization by defeating Nihilanth at the end of Half-Life.
>>
File: 2ds2.png (17KB, 954x471px) Image search: [Google]
2ds2.png
17KB, 954x471px
>fight your way to borealis
>there is a time machine
>neat, now we can warn people about the invasion before it happens
>something goes wrong
>end up in tf2 land
>red team captures the time machine
>blue team helps you getting it back
>try again
>welcome to left 4 dead land
>zombies captures the time machine
>survivors helps you getting it back
>again
>dude portal lmao
>defeat combine with mix of tf2 gear, special infected and portals
They also bring eli back to life.
But no dota, fuck that.
>>
When you put time travel into the mix, anything is possible.

>Gordon is the final boss of the first game.
>Those warnings he gave you about G-man were actually warnings from a future you
>Time is an endless loop
>Future you was only trying to kill you in the last battle to close the loop and find a way out of this hellish existence

Not bad for something I just shat out
>>
Gordon Freeman is teleported directly to King Combine's chambers and crowbars him to death, saving the multiverse

G-Man organizes a parade in the Party Dimension for him
>>
>>388302784
How exactly does it not fit in?
>>
With the Gordon Freeman death
>>
>>388301397
With a Game
>>
>>388301397
Loop it back to the Resonance Cascade

Infinite loops for eternity
>>
>>388301943
Shit ending, adds nothing new.
>>
File: 1501927796316.jpg (169KB, 568x666px) Image search: [Google]
1501927796316.jpg
169KB, 568x666px
>all these HL2/Portal threads
Is it finally here?
>>
Rick Sanchez shows up and reveals that G-man is just Gordon from a parallel dimension. He says his signature phrase, "wubalubadubdub!" followed by "god isn't real you fucking idiots life is pointless!" then portals away.
>>
>>388301397

Honestly the full reveal of the Combine's technological superiority along with the stark realization that the resistance is quite literally hopeless would've been a great ending. No need to carry on with Alyx, just tie the series off on a melancholic as fuck note echoing the futility of life.
>>
>>388304063

It reveals how futile the struggle was from the beginning and how cosmically insignificant the human race and all if its endeavors are.
>>
>>388301397
By cancelling the last game to focus on better ones, and laugh at every triggered manchild.
>>
>>388304176
Anon, I...
>>
File: HL3.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HL3.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>388301397
I know it might sound cancerous, But I'll Need you guys to bear with me on this.

>Game cuts to 6 months after Eli's death, Gordon and Alex ride on a resistance-manned freight ship to locate the borealis

>they follow the coordinates and find it along with an injured Judith Mossman on board the ship, fighting off the combine before accidentally arming a massive APERTURE portal device, opening a portal into APERTURE Labs

>Gordon freeman and the others meet Glad0s and end up doing portal puzzle shit for 3 hours involving a portal gun

>Gordon Escapes through another Massive portal device he discovers in the Aperture ruins that accidentally sends him to the East Coat of the United states, where the whole side of the country has succumbed to the Green Flu, Causing Gordon to fight his way through zombies with the robot Dog (+a special fight between dog and the tank)

>After 4 hours of killing zombies Gordon escapes via chopper before stopping at a Combine Controlled Bunker full of dusty Old TF2 weapons and the cryogenically frozen bodies of the 9 classes and fight the combine with him

>after they kill everything there they drive him down to the (now combine controlled) APERTURE Science in which 2 dozen Ex-Machina's happen allowing gordon to kill the final Nihilanth, Saving Earth along with Comforting a now Pregnant Alex
>>
>>388301397
for episode 3 I'd take what marc laidlaw wrote, but instead towards the end the vortigaunts take Gordon to the library from prospero
you could have a librarian approach gordon (they could be similar to the gman) and raise an eyebrow at him

then for half life 3 I'd just take the idea of prospero and intermix it with half life stuff
travelling through time, realities and dimensions to try and fix things

you could have different endings based on what you've done
you could be stuck in an infinite loop
you could stop the combine from ever becoming a thing
you could stop the experiment from ever happening
you could also track down the gman and try and stop him with the other librarians
>>
G-man unzips his flesh suit and reveal a young Gaben-man, telling the player it's just a game, everything in this universe is fictional and the lives of all these characters are under the control of Valve, Gaben then turns to you and hands you the SDK for Source Engine 2 and says, now it's your turn to shape this world as you see fit. Introducing Adobe Voice Synthesizer, a powerful audio software bundled with the SDK which can generate an infinite amount of dialogue which matches the game characters so you can build your own narrative and share it to the world. Share your campaigns in workshop, with complete mod support.

>Achivement unlocked: Employed.

As Gaben starts to de-materialize before you he parts with his final words, "You're the man now dawg".
>1 a new item in your inventory.
>>
>>388302784
That's the whole point retard.
"Wow Gordon defeated all the combine and saved earth" would be the most predictable and least thought provoking ending ever.
>>
It's been so long that I don't even remember the story anymore.
But logically the next big Half Life would step up the graphics, the physics, and introduce creative new weapons.
And finally tell us what G-Man is
>>
File: 1490284483629.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490284483629.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>388304586
God damn I didn't notice the sticky.
>>
File: 2017-04-15_ent_30201899_I1.jpg (25KB, 609x342px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-15_ent_30201899_I1.jpg
25KB, 609x342px
>>388301397

>some fucking huge battle
>after culmination everything stops like in Half Life 2
>G-Man shows up and is visibly pissed
>calls Gordon shit like pathethic and an insignificant rodent
>G-Man starts flashing around and Fight Clubbing Gordon
>fucked effects on screen
>Gordon wakes up in a white room
>turns out Gordon was Hellblading like crazy because Black Mesa fired him for being late for an experiment that cost millions of dollars to setup
>>
>>388305137
>Hellblading like crazy
Kindly elaborate
>>
>>388305137
>>turns out Gordon was Hellblading like crazy because Black Mesa fired him for being late for an experiment that cost millions of dollars to setup
It was average until this, then you just shit the bed.
>>
>>388305137
Awful.
>>
>>388301397
With a Half Life 2 Card Game
>>
File: HB_Poster_March_2016_Final.jpg (1MB, 2599x3627px) Image search: [Google]
HB_Poster_March_2016_Final.jpg
1MB, 2599x3627px
>>388305256
>>
>>388304772
i rike it
>>
>>388302901
>Gordon teleports into Dota land
>defeats combine with all heroes
>>
File: 1454387865453.jpg (54KB, 512x530px) Image search: [Google]
1454387865453.jpg
54KB, 512x530px
>>388306525
>mfw
>>
File: bigus.jpg (101KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
bigus.jpg
101KB, 900x900px
>Gordon Freeman goes back in time to try and stop the resonance cascade
>accidentally becomes the Night King himself
>>
With a train ride.
>>
File: FIVE MINUTES.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
FIVE MINUTES.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
with blue shift 2 and opposing force 2
>>
>>388301397
Downloadable content
>>
>>388301397
gordon died on his way to his home planet to make way for portal 3
>>
>Gordon is racing along the Borealis nearing his deadly suicide mission
>"Rise and Shine Mr Freeman" Gordon wakes up in a hospital room, all this time G-Man was just Gordon's doctor.
>Kleiner, Eli, and Barney are there. "Gordon the test we did failed, you were knocked into a deep coma. When we found you the doctors thought you were Half-Dead."
>Gordon then finally speaks, "No I was truly Half-Life 2: Episode 3."
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.