[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is why AFPS should return to mainstream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 487
Thread images: 52

File: quake-large-84bcaf245d.jpg (37KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
quake-large-84bcaf245d.jpg
37KB, 560x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58
Tell me how much depth and strategy require your Overwatch and CS
>>
i loved quake and i won't play champions
i would have played quake though, i even played quake 4
>>
>Cuck Champions
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (56KB, 536x672px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
56KB, 536x672px
>>388298997
fuck this piece of shit game
>>
arena fps needs to focus on singleplayer, long dungeons full of enemies
>>
>>388299143
Game has potential - just needs way more bugs ironing.
>>
>>388299312
They can't and they won't fix the bugs, this game is just a way for Bethesda and id to make a quick buck over the "casual e-sports lootbox game" fad that's currently a huge money printer for some developers and publishers. Had they actually cared about the genre, they would have done it with not being an Overwatch clone, on top of having no loot boxes/unlockables/achievements/microtransactions at all, and having the perfect netcode as soon as the closed beta ended.
>>
>>388298997
It won't go back into mainstream, otherwise people are gonna need to start getting good at shooters again.
>>
>>388298997
Quake champions is not quake. it's fucking trash.
>>
>>388299516
it's F2P you absolute retard
>>
File: 1503676494829.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503676494829.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>388299590
It's fucking amazing. Go back to LawBreakers you salty piece of shit.
>>
it won't come back. it's too hard. in games like quake or ut a good player will beat a noob a 10/10 times. in a game like csgo some retard can accidentally kill a pro player a number of times. that's all i really have to say about things
>>
>>388299516
skins would be fine but all that class shit is against the spirit of quake

even when quake 3 team arena tried classes, they were picked up from the map
it's not an arena fps if you're spawning with your important shit
>>
>>388299618
Point still stands
>content locked behind paywall
>"champions"
>terrible netcode
>no LAN
>no dedicated servers
>no modding
>HUD full of clutter
>full customization impossible because of cosmetics
>>
>>388299671
>implying I would ever play a fucking rip off of overwatch.
overwatch is trash too. It was never meant to be as successful as it was, and now blizard is freaking the fuck out and doesn't know what to do. why the fuck would I play a ripoff, of a trash game?
>>
>>388299671
>It's fucking amazing
Get fucked shill. The netcode is absolutely atrocious and you have the nerve to try and charge me money for it. I'll gladly continue to enjoy Lawbreakers for now.
>>
>>388299746
If you mean picking your weapon before the start of a match, Quake Champioms doesn't have that
>>
>>388299841
Does lawbreakers even have bots
>>
>>388299865
how would you think i meant that?
>>
>QC has less peak players than Battleborn

LMAO
>>
>>388299929
>beta and no promotion for now
>>
>>388298997
IIT people who don't play Quake Champions and will shit on it by saying things that are false or stupid like making comparisons with Overwatch or people that got destroyed so much they ragequitted and refunded it after 3 or 4 matches.

For a niche genre Quake Champions really looks like it'll be a huge success, screencap this and deal with it.

>>388299929
> I don't know how the early access work
>>
>>388299929
>TFW your shitty cash grab does even worse than battleborn
>>
>>388299968
how does the early access work
>>
https://steamdb.info/app/611500/graphs/
dying faster than battleborn
>>
>AAA companies now doing early access
What is this meme.
>early access for a f2p game that you even can't dowload
Wew lad.
>>
>>388300018
You pay for testing. Retarded system but not invented my QC dev.
>>
>>388299192
Arena FPS is fundamentally a multiplayer sub-genre.
>>
>>388299976
It's not a cash grab though. It's a solid shooter.
>inb4 insecure post-millenials whining about how I'm not a tru old school shooter fan like them even though they weren't old enough to play even Half-Life at launch
>>
>>388298997
It's neat, but Quake 1v1's have a tendency to be rather dull most of the time, with engagements revolving around power up spawns and one player often having a disadvantage over the other.

Granted Quake is arguably the deepest FPS game made, and arena FPS is the only genre of FPS were 1v1s are actually interesting, but beyond that the game probably wouldn't attract a ton of viewers because of the generally sparse action.
>>
>>388299964
>>388299968
>i-its just a beta

THEY HAVE TOURNAMENTS FOR IT EVERY WEEKEND SINCE BETA RELEASED LMAO THEY ALREADY GOT YOU
>>
>>388300137
If you think it's a solid shooter, you aren't old enough to be on this site.
>>
Let's be real here, who the fuck really wanted Quake Champions instead of a Quake campaign (with multiplayer too of course) given the Doom 2016 treatment set in either the mystical world of the first game, or the alien bases and planets of the second and fourth.
>>
>>388300201
>hurr durr dey doin tournaments during beta
DotA2 haven't?
>>
>>388300272
Fuck... I miss that too - I hope maybe next instalment they will do sth like that.
>>
>>388299968
>Quake champions isn't trying to bank on Overwatches succes
Get a grip mate, I could tell from the beta it's just trying to be overwatch
>>
>>388300272
I don't want a Quake campaign because the first game- which has the best singleplayer- was a complete mishmash of ideas that ends up way better than the sum of its products should be, and for the rest of the games I've had enough of the fucking Strogg to last me a lifetime.

Also because Q1 is a very, very simple game (eight weapons, including two shotguns and two nailguns, a handful of enemies, maps aren't huge, you don't even get a +use key to open doors with) and any modern sequel will try packing in way too much shit, or worse, go for glory-kill esque gameplay pauses like D44m.
>>
>>388300272
Cuck champions was made in the vein of Quake 3 Arena, a multiplayer-only fps with lots of characters. Only this time, characters are truly unique not like in q3a where they have the same hitbox, mechanics, and stats.
>>
>>388298997
>quak
Warsow has the best movement out of all arena shooters currently
>>
>>388300429
I would like to point out they wanted to make them with diffrent stats (which concept carried on with TA and Q3 on PS2)
>>
>>388300483
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm-t5Tc4MI
>>
>>388300429
>Only this time, characters are truly unique not like in q3a where they have the same hitbox, mechanics, and stats.
so like quake 3 arena, but more non-competitive
>>
>>388300483
>>388300551
Quake Champions has Nyx with her walljumping
>>
>>388298997

Arena FPS is a genre that exploded because of fun free for all deathmatches and sullied because of duels.

Duels have an impossibly high barrier to entry and will never have enough players for proper skill based matchmaking.

They could fix this by giving advantages to the player that is behind, or at least not castrating them.

Make the shotgun penetrate armor. This way a superior player with a superior stack can't just shove their rocket launcher down your throat.
>>
>>388300219
Have you played it? Can you start listing flaws in the gameplay besides whining about the abilities that don't even affect the gameplay that much?
>>
>>388300645
>muh moba herooesxD
Fuck off. QC is an overtrash level garbage.
>>
Snoozeville
>>
>>388300563
Indeed.
>no bots
>no LAN
>no server browser
>no dedicated servers
>no mods
>no customization outside of cosmetics
>bad netcode
Like q3a/q3ta/ql, but much worse.
>>
File: Ranger's head.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger's head.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>that face when this is true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU
>>
>>388300551
>those aesthetics
Almost as boring as real sports.
>>
>>388300706
Yeah... just seperate the characters on classes in QC pretty please
>>
>>388300874
>boring
Because you are supposed to play it, not watch, retard.
>>
>>388300698
No, I'm not going to ignore the abilities, because the effect gameplay in the most integral way.
Because the instant you add anything unique, the instant you make all of the characters not the same, you unbalance the game. and this is something that can never be fixed, or patched or balanced without removing it. It's the same reason overwatch is imbalanced as shit. because it was designed from the ground up to be imbalanced. so no, fuck you. unique characters were created solely to try and get the overwatch crowd.
>>
>>388300865
that video is funny because literally no one played SP like that unless they were trying to make fucking quake done quick

also
>darkplaces
>>
>>388300201
There wasn't even 10k people watching the 1 million dollars tournament.
>>
>>388301023
The reason why OW is imba because every character depends on each other (like Mercy who just resurrect ur wipe). Skills in QC on the other hand are god damn way too selfish to utilize them on your teammates. Just easier way to balance champions.
>>
File: exploding varmints.jpg (140KB, 604x518px) Image search: [Google]
exploding varmints.jpg
140KB, 604x518px
>>388300865
Quake was trash when compared to Doom. It started the trend for modern garbage gameplay balance in favor of muh graphix. Half-Life applied the expectation for muh immersive and realistic cinematic storytelling on top of that shitfest. It went a bit better with Halo, FEAR and what else during the 00s, then it regressed again with Cawadoodie's popularity. Now they seem to be picking up the ball again, although with some negative conditions.
>>
I don't care, I just want someone to rip Classic Doomguy so I can use him in mods
>>
>>388301198
No. because it is impossible to balance champions. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT BALANCE MEANS? if you can do something that the other person can not. you can not balance that by giving the other person something that he can do but you can not.
>>
>>388301225
>It started the trend for modern garbage gameplay balance in favor of muh graphix.

Yeah, because Doom was ugly as fuck when it first released.
>>
>>388301310
You can pick mirror pick in duels.

Your point?
>>
>>388301225
>It started the trend for modern garbage gameplay balance in favor of muh graphix.
>it's Doom with a third dimension and no use key
???
>>
>>388301023
They also create variety and force you out of your autistic comfort zone. Assymetry has always been more fun than mirror matching. In QC it doesn't even matter that much. You still rely primarily on your guns and movement. Literally the only people who care about pixel perfect balance are autistic tourneyfags and esports-niggers who never realized that bigger imbalance is also created through people playing with different gear.
>>
>>388301376
It's nothing like Doom. Play it some time without Brutal Doom.
>>
quake is literally the worst fps ever

its hilarious you neckbeards shit on halo or call of duty because i know this is the garbage you have in mind
>>
>>388301023
Wow, you sure are dumb as dogshit. You don't even understand what the word "balance" means, lmao.
>>
>>388301462
Oh don't worry honey, he only stabbed you a little. it adds variety to you life, and it forces you out of your bubble. It's a good thing! He didn't even stab you that badly.
>>
I hope they add Hunter someday and /v/ immediately stops arguing about MOBAs and balance and all Quake threads fall utterly silent as everyone is too busy jerking off.

Through dick, unity.
>>
>>388301376

That third dimension is huge.

It made the rocket launcher a staple and made every other weapon feel weak by comparison. This is a consistent trend. Not even the TFC Heavy weapons guy had a weapon that felt powerful compared to the rocket launcher in quake or any of the team fortresses.

Doom weapons were all variants of pointing and clicking but they all felt powerful and badass. I cannot say the same for quake.
>>
File: Cats.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cats.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>arena shooter
>fly around the map at speeds faster than even the best players can control
>shooting and missing 100 times before getting that one hit kill while shit talking autoaim when its clear anyone who plays these games desperately need it
>arena shooters
>loving every laugh
>>
>>388301542
Please explain the differences to me like I ain't never played a game before, and if you use the phrase, "the super shotgun isn't powerful enough," I will laugh at you all day.
>>
>>388298997
Yeah that would be fucking great but anon the mainstream audience is fucking retarded. Why do you think games like CoD with extremely low TTK's are so popular? You can be absolute shit and still score some kills now and again. Quake does not work like that.
>>
>>388301310
There are 50/50 matchups in fighting games
Can the same not be possible in FPS?
>>
File: quake jesus.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake jesus.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>388301641
>muh equality
>don't care about aesthetic beauty
>arguing with surreal analogies that hardly make sense
Are duelfags the SJWs of gaming?
>>
File: retard.jpg (20KB, 460x347px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
20KB, 460x347px
>>388301589
So... whats about Halo and CoD? Could you elaborate?
>>
>>388301641
The only person stabbing you is yourself you autistic genre-killing faggot neckbeard
>>
All this shit you argue over is not important. Now that abomination that they call 1v1 this is something to be mad over. What the fuck were they thinking, what is this 3 lifes bullshit.
>>
>>388301814
You know what they say about assumptions? they make a "ass" out of "you".
I'm not a duelfag. I just grew up playing quake, and I love the series. seeing it being brought down to a bethesda scam breaks my heart. and the idea that people would defend such a blatant scam test my faith in mankind.
>>
>>388301917
It forces you to pick diffrent characters?
>>
>>388301589
Name a better competitive FPS then. Whats actualy bad about quake?
>>
>>388302016
Bethesda stole the IP, and when QC bombs there will never be another quake game.
>>
>>388301542
The only real major negative about Quake's gameplay in comparison to Dooms is how goddamn spongey Quake enemies can be and how you fight less of them at a time in comparison to Doom. Beyond that Quake is generally more fun to play due to the verticality and control you have in gun fights. That and most enemies in Doom are a push over, only like Cyberdemons are comparable to stuff like the Shambler, and Shamblers are infinitly more interesting to fight.

I'll still pick Quake 1 over Doom, largley because I'm not a fan of the more maze like Doom stages.
>>
>>388301949
>selling a game is a scam
>making a new game to revive a 100% dead series is killing it
>your opinion matters when you don't even play the game any more
shut up and kill yourself already.
>>
>>388301719
>It made the rocket launcher a staple
That has nothing to do with the third dimension, unless you mean by rocket jumping (which wasn't intended in Quake to begin with and as such you can skip massive parts of levels with it), as aiming at enemies higher or lower than you is automatically done for you in Doom so the RL's high damage and direct aim is no different compared to Doom.

>and made every other weapon feel weak by comparison.
Complete opinion. The only one that feels weak IMO is the single nailgun. Both shotguns are always useful, the grenade launcher is good (and often mapmakers will give you the GL OR the RL, not both), and the super nailgun is one of the most powerful and useful guns you've got, as the Thunderbolt is crazy powerful but cells are too rare to use it that often.

>Not even the TFC Heavy weapons guy had a weapon that felt powerful compared to the rocket launcher in quake or any of the team fortresses.
Because playing HWguy in Team Fortress has always felt like crap, even with the shotgun-shell-spewing assault cannon of QWTF/TFC/FF. Too damn slow and you rely too much on your chaingun and health and spamming MIRVs while everyone else bounces around at Mach 5.

>Doom weapons were all variants of pointing and clicking but they all felt powerful and badass. I cannot say the same for quake.
>fists
>pistol
>single shotgun
>plasmagun
>>
>>388302071
>Bethesda 'stole' the IP
...id Software is still working on QC with Tim Willits as creative director
>>
>>388302071
Bethesda is a large publisher.
If it bombs under Bethesda then what hope would it have under another company?
Realistically its success hinges on the quality of marketing more than anything no?
I'd expect Bethesda to be pretty good at that
>>
File: cube2logo_wide.png (339KB, 856x295px) Image search: [Google]
cube2logo_wide.png
339KB, 856x295px
>>388298997
Superior arena shooter coming through. You quake fags wouldn't know balanced unless you fattened it up with bells and whistles (which you do)
>>
>>388302016
cs go
>>
>>388302157
>designing a game like fucking candy crush isn't a scam.
>making a game solely to squeeze as much money as you can, isn't killing the series.
>your opinion matters when you're a shill.
Shut up and stop being a money grubbing jew already.
>>
>>388301969
>""""diffrent""" characters
>have only 3 lifes
>2 rouns to win
Yeah, nah. Fuck this garbage. Vanilla 1v1 or gtfo.
>>
>>388301310
You can though
>>
File: para2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
para2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>388302016
Imo it's just too bloated. With Quake, you have like 8 weapons, 3 of which you use 80% of the time. There's a game that is more complex as Quake AND simpler with less bloat.
>>
>>388302016
>Name a better competitive FPS then
Quake Live
Reflex Arena
Unreal Tournament 4
CSGO
>>
>>388301641
>this fucking post
You're not only salty but also retarded
>>
>>388302308
It's Bo3 though.
>>
>>388302405
Reflex, like many other arena FPS titles, just copies Quake and repackages it as a new game... with the same useless additives that do nothing for game play. I have the game, I think it's OK.
>>
File: reflex.png (263KB, 1145x646px) Image search: [Google]
reflex.png
263KB, 1145x646px
>>388302308
I think there is a game just for you.
>>
>>388301589
Halo as a multiplayer game has noteworthy balance issues, and CoD is too goddamn shallow to hold anyone's interest for a long time.

If Halo had a more active multiplayer version on PC I'd probably get more into it, but even then I doubt it'd have a lot of staying power. The main reason Halo is so popular is because of how Halo 2 was the first online game a generation of kids tried, and it was an arguably good game on top of that.
>>
File: sponge.png (6KB, 800x343px) Image search: [Google]
sponge.png
6KB, 800x343px
>>388302103
>The only real major negative about Quake's gameplay in comparison to Dooms is how goddamn spongey Quake enemies can be and how you fight less of them at a time in comparison to Doom.
Quake's lowest enemies are tougher than Doom's, but it's toughest enemies are also a hell of a lot weaker. You won't one-shot Grunts with your starting shotgun (which isn't an especially fair comparison anyway, as the shotgun is your starter in Quake compared to the crappy pistol in Doom), but on the flipside the Shambler is nowhere near as durable as the Baron or tougher.

>That and most enemies in Doom are a push over, only like Cyberdemons are comparable to stuff like the Shambler, and Shamblers are infinitly more interesting to fight.
Agree with this 100%. Doom's enemies tend to be pretty one-dimensional (and not because they're sprites, har har), either slowly advance towards the player and melee when in range or wander around and shoot slow projectiles or a hitscan attack, with enemies that do multiple things being the rarity. Most enemies in Quake have multiple attacks, and even the simpler ones tend to be more complex than Doom- i.e. the Ogre's ranged attack being a bouncing grenade instead of a slow projectile, or Death Knights running nearly as fast as the player backpedals so trying to kite them into melee is a good way to get sliced, but stay too far and you get to dodge the fire-wave attacks.
>>
>>388302481
Meh. That's what you get when you make an off brand Quake. Good community too, it's sad.
>>
>>388302435
>>388301904
>not even refuting any of my arguments.
Can you shill harder?
>>
>>388302537
Why didn't the CPMA community transfer to Reflex? Is it not the modern game that they always wanted?
>>
>>388302286
>a game that's too hardcore for 95% of core fps players is "like candy crush"
>a game that made a massive effort to preserve its core playerbase and gameplay, probably ensuring its mass-market demise, is a cash grab
>you aren't a literal human cancer cell killing the thing you claim to love
K Y S Y O U R S E L F F A G G O T
>>
File: Titanfall 2 wallpaper.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall 2 wallpaper.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>388302016
Titanfall 2
>>
>>388302620
>made a massive effort to preserve its core playerbase and gameplay
This never happened, probably never will.
>>
This game will never be balanced and competitive, you can't really do that when characters can have as little as 75 or as much as 150 health, but it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>388302519
i'd take any halo over fucking quake despite its issues
>>
>>388302620
>>a game that's too hardcore for 95% of core
>too hardcore
>hardcore
>quake champions.
Get the fuck out of here shill. I fucking see you. your bullshit will not work. try again another day.
>>
>>388302616
I don't know. I stay away from Quake-likes because I think Quake has in a fundamental way tainted the idea of what an arena shooter HAS to be, which is always 3 viable weapons 100% of the time and 6 throw away weapons you use in between the getting the useful 3. I feel for the communities though, the one I'm in is dying too. It's shitty. That's what you get for remaking a lame game haha haha!
>>
>>388302714
when they release classic moed
>>
railgun ruined arena fps
>>
Talking about Quake on /v/ is on par with talking about fighting games. It's entirely futile and a waste of time because 99% of people on /v/ suck fucking dick at competitive games that require hard work and lots of practice. It's especially so for something like quake that came out before the majority of this shit ass board's users were even born.

I've played every quake game, Quake 1 is forever my favorite fps, and I'm enjoying what they're trying to do with QC. If I want Q3 i'll fucking boot up my Q3. The way duel mode is setup in QC is interesting at least.
>>
File: tenshi.png (124KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
tenshi.png
124KB, 250x300px
>>388302016
>>
>>388302795
>classic mode
This will never happen. The point of Cuck Champions is to unite the fragmented quake community, hence the champions having different movement mehanics.
>>
>>388302848
>If I want Q3 i'll fucking boot up my Q3.
That makes too much sense though, anon! Any new game has to be a functionally identical clone of Quake 3, maybe with Q1 air control, and if it's absolutely anything else QUAKE IS RUINED FOREVER. NOT MUH QUAKE. NO WAY. DEAD ON ARRIVAL, ENJOY YOUR OVERQUAKE BLIZZCRAP GRINDAN WAGGLAN RROD BLU RAY PLAYER etc etc.
>>
>>388302848
You can have that bloated mess. I'll stick to a simpler version. One thing I would like to change is the health boost pick up in Sauerbraten. I believe Quake has a good idea with the health boost idea, but a bad idea for the quad pick up, and Sauerbraten is the opposite: good quad idea, bad health boost idea.
>>
>>388302592
If you argue like a retard you'll get treated like one
>>
File: Metroid Prime Hunters.jpg (89KB, 730x650px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime Hunters.jpg
89KB, 730x650px
This is better than Quake 3 :)
>>
>>388302949
I spent so many hours playing that shit on any Wifi hotspot I could find.

Sylux master race. Bitches don't know 'bout my health leech and my tri-mine deathtrap.
>>
>>388302695
If you think it didn't you are fully delusional and lack all perspective. Look at something like Smash Bros Brawl if you want to know what abandoning hardcore fans looks like.

>>388302779
It's probably too hardcore for you. I doubt you're very good at fps, none of you faggots are. You probably couldn't beat a 14-year-old at CoD.
>>
>>388302848
If you played and loved the old quake. you wouldn't like QC. they are simply incongruous. you can not have one, without the other.. anyone saying otherwise is a shill. because everyone else understands that adding abilities, and making characters have unique hp, speed, and starting weapons. goes against everything quake stood for.
>>
>>388302924
People dont like innovation in arena shooters... I blame Quake's influence on the sub-genre. I don't hate the IP or the user base for THAT though. Halo, and Lawbreakers, are examples of such innovation. However, they too fall to the same nonsense of bloating the content for the sake of artificial complexity
>>
>>388303023
This mentality is why arena shooters have been dead for so long, and why they continually die.
>>
>waah why are there no new arena shooters
>waah why is this new arena shooter not the same as the old one in every regard
Every single time
You deserve all the suffering
>>
>>388302616
Probably because there's like 10 or so different Q3A spin off games and no one can decide on which one is truly the best.

That and none of them seem to do anything really unique to stand out, nor do they ever really draw in a big crowd. Hell, I'm tempted to check out QC just because it's doing something slightly new while drawing in some interest.

>>388302848
Pretty true, a lot of people here try to seem more knowledgeable about games than they actually are, and most people here tend to be in their mid to early 20s, meaning they were too young to be there for the height of arena fps games.

There was a PUBG thread earlier and I was saying the game has way too many variables of luck to be all that skill based and some anon replied with "but if someone sneaks up on you in CS, wasn't that luck?". Shit like that lets me know that people here really don't know shit about games.

>>388302719
Okay? You're not really providing any reasons for why it's great beyond saying that you like it.
>>
>>388303023
>If you played and loved the old quake. you wouldn't like QC.
why
i played and loved the old quake, and am enjoying QC so far, playing as nobody but ranger
my gameplay feels like vq3 with a single-use translocator i can use every thirty seconds or so, and what everyone else's game feels like means nothing to me because it's no different than if they had taken a different pickup in the map to give them more or less health/armor
>>
>>388303105
The best part is that the game they praise is full of filler content! lol
>>
>>388298997
This is some fucking next level mind games going on here.
>>
>>388303043
Lawbreakers floped because of convoluted promotional campaign and unclear stuff goin on before the launch. The launch itself wasn't promoted enough by Nexon. On the other hand QC and id Software is an apple in the eye of bethesda so they pump cash in the project until it really flop.
>>
>>388301350
>Yeah, because Doom was ugly as fuck when it first released.

Pretty much, it didn't even have slanted surfaces.
>>
I want to get into duels, growing bored of CA, but there isn't anyone on my skill level and I get pounded 30 to -3, which isn't fun for anyone involved. Feels bad.
>>
File: 1467709525868.jpg (30KB, 403x497px) Image search: [Google]
1467709525868.jpg
30KB, 403x497px
>>388298997
Bought it on a whim because I have never played an arena shooter before and had lots of fun with it. The abilities definitely feel crammed in unnecessarily, but it doesn't disrupt the flow of the game.
>>
>>388303253
I'm just talking about innovation in game play anon. Sales don't speak for game play. Ever!
>>
>>388303105
>implying the reason there are so few good arena shooters is because no one wants something like how they used to be.
Where the fuck did this mentality come from? "well these rip-offs of a old game series everyone loves does poorly. so if you don't want a shitty dev trying to squeeze blood from a stone with your beloved series you're the problem!"
Maybe, just fucking maybe. no one played those rip offs, because they were bad?
maybe, just maybe. everyone is mad at QC, because it isn't what they want?
maybe, just maybe. people don't want to play shitty rip-offs?
>>
File: 1376695971122.png (18KB, 503x301px) Image search: [Google]
1376695971122.png
18KB, 503x301px
>>388303269
>someone's making a Doom map
>they're using a sourceport with 10000 extra added features and quirks
>"man i hate slopes, they're annoying"
>"and 3d floors are a pain in the ass but i really want my map to do x and y and z!"
>why don't you just use quake
>"because i want to play doom"
>finishes map, only plays it with enough mods and wads to not be playing original doom at all anyway
EVERY TIME
>>
File: Triskelion Trace.jpg (31KB, 480x500px) Image search: [Google]
Triskelion Trace.jpg
31KB, 480x500px
>>388303014
Trace was fantastic and I loved going splinter cell on fools
>>
>Twice daily Bethesshill thread
>OP can't even english
>>
>>388303253
Lawbreakers has had like 0 advertising and no one online seems to care about it, let alone anyone who doesn't actually go onto gaming websites. Cliffy B somehow thought his game would be on par with Gears despite Gears releasing for the 360 at just the right time to wow people with its graphics and to be one of the first few real noteworthy 360 games.

It's amazing that he's handled the marketing aspects of the game so badly.

>>388303269
Stop that.
>>
QC was supposed to be free to play, what the fuck?
>>
>>388303373
Yeah - actually for now the only thing that discourage me from picking it up and testing is the 30$ price. I know, they made open beta but haven't much time lately. They at 1st announced it as f2p but then they decided to slap price tag and we all know how it went.
>>
>>388303597
Download the Bethesda launcher - f2p is hidden right there
>>
>>388299618
>90% locked behind paywall
>f2p
l o l
>>
>>388303629
People have some good points about the poor HUD for instance,and my preference doesn't lean toward hero shooters in the first place. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to give them praise for pushing the arena shooter genre forward. I'm tired of Reflex, Warsow, Diabotical type games come out of thin air just to do exactly what Quake did. It's cancerous, really.
>>
>>388303597
Best way to get good Steam reviews is to make your early access game expensive. People who are critical about the product don't even buy it and therefore can't review it.
>>
>>388303597
It's still free to play on the Bethesda launcher. It's only paid for on Steam for the early access period, IIRC.
>>
>>388303790
Diabolical do the cuck champions route of having different movement mechanics. Also it has "unique" weapons aside from the staples
>>
>>388303558
Well... he forgot about any campaign because M$ handled everything on GoW in 2006. Nuff said. Nexon just shits on Cliff. Also it doesn't help that he resent on PC gaming back then and now he call it the best thing.
>>
>>388303558
>Stop that.

Stop what? It's true. Doom was impressive for it's great gameplay and high framerate but it's graphics were pretty bad.
>>
>>388303959
Meh. Staples exist because they're useful 100% of the time. Now I'm just getting into my preference again. Good for them, I hope it doesn't end up too bloated like Quake is. Boil an arena shooter down, you'll get 6 weapons max.
A rifle, a shotgun, an automatic, a rocket launcher, a grenade launcher, and some kind of starter weapon. That's all you need, all the staples are there. No white noise, no bells, no whistles. This brings me back to my comment on artifical complexity. But I'm just getting into my preferences. I do hope it turns out different.
>>
>>388303385
Nah it's actually nostalgia goggles and people having grown fat and content on modern gamedesign
>>
>>388304146
>A rifle, a shotgun, an automatic, a rocket launcher, a grenade launcher, and some kind of starter weapon. That's all you need, all the staples are there
And yet in reality it always boils down to rocket, rail, and shaft.
>>
>>388304541
That depends on how the shotgun is designed. Quake's shotgun is cucked as hell. When your shotty can deal 200 max damage, it becomes viable as a rush down, blitzing gun. Quake players want you to think it's just rifle, rocket, and lighting. But it doesn't have to be.
>>
File: 1348621751240.jpg (70KB, 400x582px) Image search: [Google]
1348621751240.jpg
70KB, 400x582px
>Quake, ca. 1996: have to fight over contested items to get powerups
>Call of Duty, ca. 2007: getting kills automatically gets you powerups
>Quake, ca. 2017: invincibility and wallhack button recharge every 30 seconds
>Unreal Tournament, ca. 2027: autoaim is always on
>Counter Strike, ca. 2037: game plays itself, player only opens lootboxes
>>
>>388304541
Actually I really miss the grenade launcher in QC duels.
>>
>>388298997
Need a better marketing style
>>
>>388300390
Because there are champions and lootboxes ?
It's just what keeps a game alive these days, they want their game to succeed that's all.

They don't want to make a game for the 10 haters that don't play arena fps anyway but always tell everyone about how they were so good.

Quake Champions is obviously not trying to be Overwatch, it's nothing like it and if you really played the beta, you should know it.

I get that some people hate the champions but think of it like this: the game is not doing well, they add some skins like they had in Quake 3, nobody cares, it's just skins. They add a new champions though ? that changes the game in a big way. People will at least come back to try it.

Also when you're in the "git gud" phase, the fact that younger players will be unlocking a lot of things will maybe motivate them to play more instead of ragequitting after getting destroyed constantly.
>>
File: Quake.jpg (125KB, 1908x436px) Image search: [Google]
Quake.jpg
125KB, 1908x436px
>>388299590
>>388300219
>>388301023
>>388301310
>>388302779
>>388303023
>>
File: 1503698946930.png (458KB, 501x543px) Image search: [Google]
1503698946930.png
458KB, 501x543px
Post more Nyx.
>>
>>388305364
This is what cracks me up about these utterly stupid naysayers, they're entirely unable to realize that you need to make small concessions to make sure the game doesn't flop, and want companies to just rush blindly to their doom just to satisfy their silly demands
Literal entitlement
>>
>>388305614
>>388305364
Shill stop samefagging
>>
>>388305561
Nyx a shit.
>>
>>388305658
Bumping a few more times just to piss you off, anon-kun
Might even make a new thread when this one dies
>>
>>388305561
Is there already rule 34 of her?
>>
>>388305718
That's fine with me. gives me more time to call you out as a betheshill.
>>
File: get some of this.jpg (14KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
get some of this.jpg
14KB, 210x263px
>>388305508
nice
>>
File: free.jpg (24KB, 366x468px) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
24KB, 366x468px
>>388305614
Pretty much this.
People want a game to have post-launch support but don't want the developers to have anyway to support themselves financially.
This is especially retarded when you consider how long people would want this game to be supported for.
>>
>>388305508
Fucking this.
>>
>>388305561
she looks better with the mask on her face
>>
>>388305884
she looks better with her ass on my face
>>
>>388305884
why does she wear the mask
>>
>>388305834
>>388305614
>>388305364
These people are too young to know that games are meant to be made because you like making games and want people to enjoy them, and if you make some money. that's cool too.
They are literally underaged.
>>
Am I the only one that absolutely hates the art direction ? That it is turning into "Bethesda All-Stars" isn't helping either.
>>
File: zbot0vr5dvhz.png (303KB, 739x597px) Image search: [Google]
zbot0vr5dvhz.png
303KB, 739x597px
>>388300272
At least they doesn't fuck around in terms of lore in QC
>>
Nobody wants twitch shooters anymore
We want more cerebral shooters
>>
>>388306046
Ranger....had a hard life.
>>
>>388306065
funny you say that because quake is the least twitch shooter on the market right now
>>
File: certified_sweetie.gif (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
certified_sweetie.gif
141KB, 250x250px
>>388298997
>putting Overwatch and CS in the same pile
>>
>>388306230
compared to what? you're probably this >>388301023 same faggot that has been shitposting the whole time without any kind of convincing argument
>>
>>388306553
In Overwatch you pray that your team isn't retarded. In CS you pray that inaccuracy doesn't touch your butt.
Atleast OW has devs that know what the fuck they want the game to be.
>>
>$30 for EA game with micro
>it flops

when will they learn
>>
>>388306757
Says the shill who has been screaming "IT'S GOOD BUY IT" this whole time
you aren't convincing anyone. we all know there are shills here and have had it confirmed multiple times. why the fuck do you even bother?
>>
>>388306785
>Atleast OW has devs that know what the fuck they want the game to be.

A competitive FPS game for people who don't like FPS games?
>>
>>388306757
compared to literally any fps on the market right now, as i said in my post? pick any, really.

>accusing of samefagging
step up bruh
>>
File: QC.png (57KB, 746x302px) Image search: [Google]
QC.png
57KB, 746x302px
>>388301260
http://thefatcheetah.com/grabs/QCpakaudio
you can
>>
>>388306998
Sure, sounds about right.
Now go back and watch the CS Dev team struggle to gouge what the community wants.
CZ, Tec9, Revolver - all disasters even on a fundamental level. That's not even talking about the inaccuracy and movement problems which the game still has.
>>
>>388306046
When was Quake supposed to happen?
>>
>>388306917
(you)
>>388307125
>no examples
(you)
>>
>>388305614
>Literal entitlement
literal entitlement, in fact "entitlement" literally, is synonymous with deserving, you know
or well, you don't know
but now you might
but you'll still be retarded probably
>>
It's amazing someone is finally making an oldschool big budget arena shooter again.
QC is well designed and id has proven to be a capable developer.
Only the combination of anon neckbeards and autistic Quake purists could be this negative about the game.
>>
>>388307376
what, are you out of steam? pretty weak tbhq
you can literally take any fps game that would prove your point but you didn't pick any
because you know that im right
>>
>>388307418
>id has proven to be a capable developer.

Here's a (You)
>>
>>388307418
posters count didn't go up with this post
>>
File: 1404675124741.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1404675124741.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>388305508
>>
QC is a bloated pile of shit
these games are like formula one cars, stripped down to the basics for pure player input and performance, not rely on fucking gimmicks and 'actual grafix'
>>
File: cyka.jpg (20KB, 637x339px) Image search: [Google]
cyka.jpg
20KB, 637x339px
>>388307376
Jeez i'll pick for anon
>CS
>CoD
>Halo
>>
>>388307709
grafix are for normies, you can tone them down yourself
haven't noticed that the abilities make much of an impact in the game, some of them are even detrimental imo
>>
>>388306003
Sorry man, you just got old and never matured.
Money makes the world go round, not everything can be 'muh artistic vision'.
>>
>people that would have played a new pure quake
>less than brink's current player count
>people that would have played a new quake, with cooldowns
>less than brink's current player count
>>
File: nox.png (348KB, 519x1056px) Image search: [Google]
nox.png
348KB, 519x1056px
>>388305561
Everyone post Nox
>>
>>388307998
But why does it have to be either of the two ? It seems impossible to really shake up the Quake formula.
It was pretty obvious that newcomers wouldn't flock to it because it now suddenly has different heroes.
Meanwhile the purists wouldn't want to play it either.
Has creativity really died ? And don't tell me that this was about money, it's pretty clear that a quake-like game alone would be financial suicide these days.
>>
File: lusty sorg maid.png (850KB, 864x914px) Image search: [Google]
lusty sorg maid.png
850KB, 864x914px
>>388308071
No.
>>
>>388307418
>oldschool
>QC is well-designed
>id has proven to be a capable developer
>>
Quake Champions was clearly conceived by one or a group of retarded executives looking to cash in on a fad with minimal effort. The game is phoned in with no evidence of passion for the genre or of desire to innovate in any significant way. Plus it has several defective core features like netcode that were literally solved decades ago by hobbyists tinkering with older id Software games.

It's a shame but it's dead Jim.
>>
>>388307246
CSS was a bigger problem, with it completely ignoring the things that people liked about 1.6. The post launch weapons were the dev team trying to do something new with CS with them having 0 idea of how to balance it for actual play. The only really huge fuckup would be the revolver killing people with 1 guy shot at any range, that shit was so laughably bad that I can't see how they thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>388307791
>>CS
>meta cancer game
>>CoD
maybe, if there was one that wasn't dead
>>Halo
>15 year old game
>controller

are you even trying?
>>
>>388308071
I kek'd more than I should
>>
the main menu and navigation is so fucking ugly
>>
>>388308190
Actually I'm not - those are just examples from top of my head

Don't be retard.
>>
>>388308184
It blows my mind that it actually made it into the game. The entire gun is incredibly un-cs like.
It just shows the devs disconnect to the community..
>>
>>388308157
Post Sorlog
>>
>>388308153
>But why does it have to be either of the two ?
they have a name, but they don't have confidence in the product as it was
they need to use the name, they bought it, the name is worth money, supposedly, if it wasn't worth money then someone made a bad decision with the id acquisition, and that surely didn't happen, the people that buy id always wind up with great financial success, and never having to pay for it later
so esports
do what the esports people are doing
>>
>>388307246
>>388308184
cs was always a shit game designed for casual play so you can't complain
I remember when they added the dynamic pricing to css for a while and the awp and desert eagle were literally unbuyable till they removed it lmao
>>
>>388298997
1v1 quake duels are insanely dull, i can fall asleep watching this shit and i don't even like the super casual mainstream games, this was never mainstream anyway so it can't be back now, arena shooters were mainstream when there were tons of people playing ffa or team deatmatch, ctf etc without having some faggots tryharding like their fucking lives depend on winning, pro scene kills games with it's monumental autism

try playing quake live now, if you aren't one of the 20 try hard freaks who have played the game religiously since release and memorized everything on every map you get kicked 2 minutes in, no wonder those games are dead there are simply not enough try hards to sustain them and they do their best to alienate any new player
>>
File: C_Z2IcAUwAAJn6y.jpg (153KB, 1136x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_Z2IcAUwAAJn6y.jpg
153KB, 1136x1200px
>>388308157
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKJmlrhSr5U
The one and only.
>>
>>388308379
team arena was peak* quake

*unmodded
>>
>>388308167
If you have the slightest amount of perspective you would understand this.
No one else has been making a game like QC with AAA quality for a long time.
>>
>>388308279
so you're not even trying and you have no argument, you're just "pretending" to be a retard, good job

this is the last (you) you'll get from me
>>
>>388308471
there's been like 4 of them in the last year
>>
>>388308541
What? AAA? Where?
>>
>>388308190
And your point? Are you saying that these games are less twitchy then quake (which is factually not true in two cases out of three) or are you trying to move the goalpost?
>>
>>388308363
I wasn't around when CSS launched and was really active. I also don't think this is about what it was, but what it should be right now.
It's in the "esports" spotlight and everyone hauls it as a hard game that rewards skill. And I think that it should be that. I would argue the majority of the involved-community want's that.
>>
>>388308617
yeah your definition of AAA is low budget and shiny floor shaders, so overwatch, lawbreakers, unreal, that other one
>>
>>388308471
>a game like QC with AAA quality
nah mate you're just a corporate dicksucker
>>388308669
>everyone hauls it as a hard game that rewards skill.
nah cs is for retards, anyone can memorize some maps and timings and anyone can get the drop on someone else or get a lucky shot, the random factor is part of the appeal but also part of why it is not suitable for competition
>>
>>388308682
???
OW and LawBreakers are not oldschool arena shooters by a long shot.
UT4 is 3% done and is getting developed part time by Epic's janitor.

You are utterly clueless.
>>
>>388308682
>Overwatch is a hero shooter
>Lawbreakers came literally 2 weeks ago (not last year)
>UT4 shambles in beta and devs doesn't give much fucks about the game alongside with marketers (open beta started in 2014 - GG)
>>
>>388301225
>Cawadoodie

Jesus Christ, this man is having a stroke! Someone call a doctor!
>>
>>388308921
>OW and LawBreakers are not oldschool arena shooters by a long shot.
i said like quake champions, not like oldschool arena shooters

>>388308958
i didn't say last year, i said that in the last year, there's been at least 4 of them (being made, reference previous post you clueless ass)
>>
>>388298997
Is the game actually any fun?
>>
>>388309380
Then what the hell is Quake Champions for you? Duck Hunt remastered or fcking AFPS? And good luck with taking any weapons or powerup from the floor you complete asshole.

>>388309661
Damn right it is - and it's f2p but only through bethesda launcher
>>
>This Arena FPS only has 95% of what I want. Therefore I hope it fails miserably and the company fails
>Wtf why are there no arena shooters
t. Arena "fans" since the early 2000s
>>
>>388308864
>nah cs is for retards, anyone can memorize some maps and timings and anyone can get the drop on someone else or get a lucky shot,

You just contradicted yourself so goddamn hard with this simple statement. Protip, map knowledge in CS means enemies aren't going to get the drop on you.

>>388308669
CSS was pretty much a clumsy port of 1.6 that didn't really take into consideration a lot of the little nuances that made 1.6 a good game for competitive play. It split the community super hard as a result.
>>
>>388310017
I thought it was because people didn't like the source physics affecting literally almost everything in the map - cover can be pushed away and shiet for example
>>
>>388310008
>spend 20 years playing 1 game because you like it so much
>new iterations fail to surpass the original
>this game sucks, i'm not going to bother putting in another 20 years to learn it

>happens in fighting games, afps, rts

i won't even TOUCH the new version of broodwar because it's objectively inferior to the version that i have played for the past 20 years.. i see hotkey rebinding, laggy matchmaking, and increased aspect ratios as a downgrade, not an upgrade. i imagine that the quake autists feel just about the same right now
>>
>>388310123
That was a part of it, but there was more than just that. Hitboxes, hitreg, and the spread patterns were also a pretty big part of it.
>>
>>388310542
And then they wonder why nobody is willing to cater to their incredibly specific needs and their genre/series starts to whither and rot
>>
>>388310542
>being able to rebind keys is bad

So are you fully retarded?
>>
>>388310696
>people spend years mastering hitting m, o, p, for marines, overlords, probes/pylons... they still fuck it up and it slows down their apm
>lol jk you don't need to learn the game anymore, just rebind everything to grid hotkeys :)
ya, it's not even broodwar, it's sc2 lite
>>
>>388310696
SC autists are a strange breed
>>
>>388299312
Game has potential, just needs to delete hero stats, abilities and passives
>>
>>388305793
>>388305849
>>388307632
>t. nu-quake babies who never played real Quake
>>
>>388299671
>It's fucking amazing look at this skin haha
Yeah it's trash
>>
>>388311054
You seriously sound like those old guys who try to make fun of smartphones
>Ya don't have ta be smart ta youse a smartphone
>>
>>388310542
>happens in fighting games

But that's fucking wrong. FGC is poverty tier and follow where the money is, even if the new game is a strict downgrade from the previous one they will abandon the better one wiothout hesitation.
>>
>>388310542
>purely QOL type upgrades are a bad thing
I'm assuming this is satire but if it's not you really need to kill yourself
>>
>>388309380
Then it doesn't change much - instead of invalidading Lawbreakers and UT4 from equalization you invalidate OW and UT4. Well played.

Also - what is that 4th game because I still don't know.
>>
>>388311182
it was the same with RTS when SC2 came out, the game was objectively worse but all the foreigner pros ""switched"" to make ""money."" similar to how everyone thinks that 3rd strike is the best SF game (or MVC2), but yet everyone plays SF5 and MVC3/I now. people still bitch uncontrollably that every game isn't like the best game though
>>
>>388310542
>i imagine that the quake autists feel just about the same right now
Pretty much.
Quake never was my main game but I got 540 hours out of QL (+ some hundred more hours when it was a webgame and not on Steam yet)
Have 3 in QC and don't even want to launch it anymore. Considering refund.
>>
>>388311117
>faithful recreation of Doom Marine from Doom 1/2
>It's trash

I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>388299590
This. It looks a lot like Quake, but it isn't. It plays vastly different. Instead of making a new Quake, they just re-use everything else but make it play different (eg. using the similiar shotgun model, but now it shoots slugs instead of buckshot). Overall its also very fucking slow unless you pay 10 bucks to play Visor. You cant even force enemy models or hide the gun and shit like the teleporter are on a 15 second cooldown, literally what.
>>
>>388310542
You can't just throw objectively in there
>>
>>388311248
>hot keys
>aspect ratio
>QOL change
fucking rofl, there are thousand post threads on TL debating the most "optimal" setup for hot keys in sc2... if it's so QOL why are people so interested in optimizing it?
>>
>>388298997
>advertising your shitty champion trash by posting old videos from when quake was good
lol
>>
why aren't all these hardcore arena fps players in this thread not playing quake live right now? oh because they don't actually play arena fps? is rapha in here too?
>>
>>388311437
because they have autism and are the lowest measure of a human being
>>
Don't listen to shills, nu-quake is fucking garbage and I regret getting back to it after ~15 years of no Quake in my list of games to play.

It's almost shocking how bad it is compared to vanilla Q3 with OSP. Truly a pile of shit game without real programmers in ID who left long ago

Bethesda shills and retards who think that Todd can make any game better (already ruined Fallout series and Morrowind) should just fucking kill themselves.
>>
>>388298997
there are many reasons why arena fps should return to the mainstream but Cuck Champions is not one of them. It is probably the worst the genre has to offer: a clunky, boring, bug-ridden mess
>>
>>388311460
hi total biscuit
>>
>>388311460
Rapha plays QC now exclusively.
>>
>>388311412
>Liking a game because of its skins
Go back to Overwatch
>>
I played the beta early on and I really don't like the abilities and shit. They should have worked on a Quake singleplayer game and refined it unlike what the original Quake. The original Quake singleplayer was a bit of a disappointment, especially for id, since even Romero wanted it to be even better than DOOM, which in times like these that's obviously not the case except for Quake's innovation in dm multiplayer.
But I digress. QC is everything I want from another Quake 3, except it's not.
>>
>>388311490
alright then :)
>>
>>388311564
what the fuck does your post even mean? what about it is "everything that you wanted from quake" if you didn't like the abilities and other changes? i'm so confused
>>
>>388299143
t. went 0-30 his first game
>>
>>388311502
...id Software is still making this game and Tim Willits is a Creative Director of QC. The same guy who made your beloved Q3.
>>
>>388311646
Is the matchmaking this bad?
>>
>>388311689
It's wouldn't call it totally bad but definitely not good. It's still beta through.
>>
>>388311621
I shouldn't have added that. It's an inept statement. I haven't slept in a while.
>>
Quake Player since Q1 here. QC is incredibly fun, it just needs better netcode but I trust updates will come along- the game IS in Early Access after all.

People who say they want QC without skins, loot boxes etc, don't understand that games like Toxik failed for a reason. Shit, Quake Live was released on Steam to zero fanfare, and even the browser version flew under the radar for a long time. If you want the series to stay around, you've got to accept that things change.
>>
>>388311523
Nope - I'm staying with QC and I'll chew ur ass 1v1.
>>
>>388311778
>
what if i would just rather that the series dies?
>>
>>388311862
then dont buy or play new games?
>>
>>388311862
But it isn't going to die seeing as a new game just released. I guess you can continue living in your fantasy world?
>>
>>388311778
I think those 'troo quack players' want the same thing what Capcom did to SF2.
>>
>>388311778
I think the biggest complaints are not the skins or lootboxes but the stats per heroes and abilities
Having specific strafe jump tied to a certain hero is retarded
>>
QC is like the last chance for arena fps to comeback. but arena fps has a xenophobic culture so it probably will never comeback rip
>>
Do I suck hardcore (I probably do) or are the Nailguns complete garbage? I can't hit fucking anyone with them, much less someone strafing around dodging fire yet with other guns I'm pretty much on point.
>>
>>388298997
Anyone who hates on Quake Champions didn't play it. Or never played Quake 3 and just tries to fit in.
>>
>>388312030
>calling QC an arena fps
hello again, total biscuit
>>
>>388312007
I would call it opposite - this is genious move because it will gather all Quake community splitted during its over 20 years history where games developed diffrent styles of movement.
>>
>>388312102
Oh shit, you're right. It's a tactical shooter. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>388312102
I thought TB was talking bullshit as usual, but this thread completely proves his point.
>>
File: 1501046648671.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1501046648671.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>388312102

>QC isn't an arena fps
>>
>>388311460
Because QC divided the playerbase and most servers are dead except for CA ones (the worst gamemode) and the ones that either have loadouts in them (lol) or stoners who can't play the game, like at all.
You need to join IRC channels just to get TDM or CTF matches.
Not to mention id also ruined the game with their great ideas no one wanted.
>>
>>388312159
it's a hero shooter you fag. arena fps is about everyone starting on an equal playing field and picking up hp, armor, ammo, guns, etc. QC is based around different character mechanics, abilities, speeds, acceleration rates, HP pools, etc
>>
File: 1451694010627.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
1451694010627.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>388299841
>I'll gladly continue to enjoy Lawbreakers for now.
>He thinks Lawbreakers is any better than QC
>>
>>388311417
teleporter has no cooldown you what
>>
>>388312259
If you actually played the game and didn't just mindlessly repeat what you heard from others, you'd understand that
>character mechanics, abilities, speeds, acceleration rates, HP pools, etc
have very little to do with how well you perform.
>>
>>388312259
Just mirror pick and you'll be fine.
>>
>>388311460
Quake Live went B2P so no one is playing it anymore
The funny thing is that they made it B2P probably because of Quake Champions
>>
>>388312343
>have very little to do with how well you perform.
lol, okay then. nothing i can do against this argument
>>
Just add some sexed up costumes on the females, you know guys will buy it.

Almost every successful hero shooter did this.
>>
>>388298997
Arena FPS is low man on the totem compared to fightan/rts.
Stick to your Overwatch and PUBG and accept it's either this or death for your genre (much like fightan rts).
>>
>>388302071
>knows so little about the game that he thinks it's developed by Bethesda
>participates in arguments
the absolute state of /v/
>>
>>388312259
Do you honestly think that? Or are you just making up bullshit based on your own definition of what an arena shooter should be?
If you had played QC at all you would realize that your starting stats and abilities are worthless compared to stacks and map control.
>>
>>388312496
That happens with every single game published by beth
This board is filled with ignorant casuals
>>
yeah im pretty f'ing epic, i play quake 3
>>
>>388312557
im saying that if i'm comparing QC side by side with Q3, i'm choosing Q3 because it doesn't have this additional nonsense that in my opinion detracts from the arena-fps aspects of the gameplay. it feels worse to me
>>
>>388305364
>It's just what keeps a game alive these days
Life-support doesn't work when it's stillborn.
>>
File: bethesda creation club.jpg (12KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
bethesda creation club.jpg
12KB, 590x332px
Do you think QC will have paid mods?
>>
>>388312259

so you're describing QC because you do all those things
>>
>>388312426
Overwatch has cute girls, QC and Lawbreakers have old hags that look like trannies.
>>
>>388312741
They're trying the bait the waifufags with blue haired girl tho
>>
>>388312636
That's very different from calling it a hero shooter though.
It's not anywhere near a game like OW where your character completely dictates your weapons and playstyle.
>>
>>388312741
Overwatch has a lot of old hags. And the only girl there in every sens of the word is Dva.
>>
>>388312785

slash is better desu until hunter arrives if she does
>>
>>388312801
the differentiating factors MAKE it a hero shooter though... it might be light on the hero shooter compared to OW and Dota, but it's still fucking there
>>
>>388311778
What the people behind QC don't understand is that skins and loot alone are worthless when they're stuck to generic, ugly characters.
>>
>>388312785
I like the restraint they have showed with the female characters so far.
Waifu characters do not fit the game at all.
>>
>>388312858
>Overwatch has a lot of old hags.
To appeal to western sentiments. The point is that they don't look like it though.
>>
>>388312785
>QC has Nyx
>Waifufags will have something to fap
>Q3 has Mynx and Hunter
>Yeah it's very mature game
>>
>>388312889
Who's generic and ugly? If you say Ranger or Doomguy I'll throttle you m8
>>
>>388298997
Too bad that the Duel mode is butchered and FFA with 8 people is just as much strategic as COD. Reflex Arena was supposed to be the successor to the CPMA but look nobody gives a fuck about anything that requires effort.
>>
>>388312864
It being 95% arena shooter and and 5% hero shooter sums it up as a hero shooter?
>>
>>388312952
Generic, ugly space marines that were non-characters in the original games and still are non-characters. Nobody played Doom or Quake because of the protagonist.
>>
>>388313008
>probably didn't even touch or smell the manuals for those games
>>
>>388313008
It's just harmless fanservice. It's made to be something to reel in old players- "Hey cool, I remember that guy!"

And Doom Slayer actually did make me like Doom 2016 more because he's original Doomguy. The idea of playing as the same guy for 20+ years is cool.
>>
>>388313071
No, because I pirated the games like everyone else did.
>>
>>388313006
yeah it fucking does because it has hero shooter elements. just like borderlands is still a diablo like given the gear and skill progression
>>
>>388301023
>No I never played it but listen
>>
>>388313132
The fact that you can chose a "champion" to play as doesn't immediately make a game a hera shooter. And stop inventing new memewords.
In QC you still have the same weapons as your opponenty and you aren't locked to a single "hero" when you play, unlike pure class/role based shooters like overwatch.
>>
File: 165167.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
165167.png
143KB, 600x600px
>ex Quake 3 pros like Quake Champions
>/v/ hates it
>>
>>388313273
you don't even have ethe same weapons, you choose your weapon at the start... then you're locked into a hero with a specific playstyle/set of characteristics until you die.
>>
>>388313394
Are you talking about QC? Because you are 100% wrong.
Have you even played it?
>>
>>388313379
>quake "pro" gets paid for promoting a game
>/v/ doesnt
>>
>>388313379
Rapha plays the shit out if on his twitch streams.
Also he's now sitting in QuakeCon at the tournament.
>>
>>388313459
>/v/ shitposts for free
Hmmmm.....
>>
>>388313459
>he genuinely believes in paid promotion on a public forum
>>
>>388313459
/v/ does it for free instead
>>
>>388313445
what is wrong about what i said? you choose this shitty machine gun, shot gun, or nail gun, then you choose your champion
>>
Is Quake 4 any good?
>>
>>388313459
They dont get paid to promote it, but it is easy money and more recognition for them to compete in it. No reason for them not to.
>>
>>388313459
Don't tell me that Blizzard or Valve couldn't pay the players for staying at their games. Shitload of OW and CS:GO proplayers moved to QC.
>>
>>388313459

>/v/ actaully never played quake but still has strong opinions about it
>>
>>388313605
no
>>
>>388313605
Single player is fun, multiplayer was boring.
>>
>>388313132
I think there is more nuance to it than that. Putting QC in the same category as LawBreakers or OW does not make sense.
And I don't agree with your Borderlands example. Titan Quest or Throne of Darkness is a Diablo-like. I have never heard anyone refer to Borderlands as a Diablo-like because it is not an accurate description of what the game actually is.
Is CS a Quake clone because it has guns and jumping?
>>
>>388313605
It's where Slash got her crouchsliding from
>>
>>388313757
Yes, CS and Quake even has similarities in code.
>>
>>388313626
Wrong. OW and CSGO pros went to PUBG
>>
>>388313556
That's just the starting weapon. When you play you pick up weapons on the map, just like your opponent does. And you can change champions whenever you want in tdm/dm/sacrifice. Even in duel you aren't really locked to a single champion throughout the match.
>>
>>388313605
Solo is ok but Q2 solo is the best.
>>
>>388313132
With that justification you can call any game by any genre you feel like
>>
>>388313816
I see :)
>>
>>388310781
>remapping keys makes a game shallow

You do not understand game depth.
>>
>>388314021
why fight your opponent when you can fight your controls??
>>
>>388303014
Sylux was for pussies. I used to love showing chinese players glitches in some of the maps
>>
>>388304824
>Counter Strike, ca. 2037: game plays itself, player only opens lootboxes
>Counter Strike Manager 2037, now in stores!
>>
>>388301023
>Because the instant you add anything unique, the instant you make all of the characters not the same, you unbalance the game.
you mean like fighting games?
>>
File: DDQ1bVOXYAEbdDd.jpg (131KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
DDQ1bVOXYAEbdDd.jpg
131KB, 1024x732px
>>388313845
>PUBG pro scene
>>
>>388314371
Who said anything about PUBG pro scene? They make enough money just streaming
>>
>>388314371
It's one of the hottest games around, and the scene will only grow even faster as the first person only mode got released recently.
>>
>>388313132
Mate you are fucking stupid
>>
>>388314606
>A game where life and death can be entirely on RNG will have a successful pro scene
>>
>>388311502
Anyone who still doesn't understand the difference between a publisher and a developer really shouldn't try to talk like he knows anything about games. .

If people don't know what side they need to listen they just have to read the arguments. The "shills" clearly know what they are talking about. The others obviously didn't even play QC or any arena FPS for most of them.
>>
>>388314725
>A game where life and death can be entirely on RNG will have a successful pro scene
Yes.
What is League of Legends
What is Hearthstone
What is Dota 2
What is Counter Strike: Global Offensive
>>
>>388314725
Nobody is defending PUBG's pro scene, just stating that it has one.
>RNG
You see how successful Dota 2 is? RNG means nothing for competitive viability
>>
>>388314498
Then they are not pro players anymore. They are not playing competitively at all and they are not getting in tournaments of this game.
>>
>>388313605
Yes, on SP it's a slower Quake 2 with more interruptions to speak with NPC so it's not a really good Quake game but it's a fun FPS.

Definitely better at being Quake than Doom3 at being Doom.
>>
>>388314954
He said CS and OW pro players, not PUBG pro players.
>they're EX-pro players
Autism.
>>
>>388299192
dusk i's pretty good
>>
My main problems with QC so far:

-Lack of maps: I like just playing DM. I played it a lot when UT2004 was a thing. There were a lot of maps back then, so I could stay on a server for a long time playing the map rotation. QC has like 2 maps that I ever see being played over and over. I think the total is only 4 so far but I don't even see them being voted for.

-Matchmaking: Takes several minutes to queue for a Duel that takes several minutes to complete. I actually haven't even been able to touch Duel since they wiped my account back to only owning Ranger, so I can't even play it to see if they improved things.

-Netcode: It sort of sucks. You shoot a rocket at the feet of someone and it does 15 damage, shoot a rail dead on and it passes through, you get air rockets despite you knowing you didn't hit them, etc.

I don't like the TDM or whatever that janky team-based mode is so I can't comment on them. Generally, you switch to the new version of a game because it has more players, but you may as well just play Quake Live to be honest.
>>
>>388315064
>CS and OW pro players playing PUBG casually on stream
>Pro players DROPPING ENTIRELY pro scene of CS and OW for being QC pros

know the fucking diffrence retard
>>
>>388315136
>Takes several minutes to queue
Have you tried setting up the servers you connect too in the bottom right corner?

Also, the game needs more modes. CTF especially.
>>
>>388306003
Video games were never made like that you retard
>>
>>388313626
Look at someone like Ster who gets more and more depressed every day yet he streams Overwatch and only Overwatch daily.
>>
>>388306003
Games were almost always made to put food on the table.
>>
>>388314881
Yeah you pointed out games with some element of RNG but PUBG pushes that part to the limit and you know it.
>>
>>388311054
>t. nu-quake babies who never played real Quake

This is pretty hilarious.

On one side:
>all the pro players like rapha and cooller that like champions
>all my friends from Quake Live who like it

The other side
>'everything is TORtanic' shitposters from /v/
>I've never actually played Quake but this game doesn't conform to my idea of what it's like
>>
>>388315540

explain
>this game is unplaeyable
>>
>>388314881
>>388314912
PUBG is probably the least conductive game to make a pro scene around. Shit's slow, boring, and largley relies on whoever finds the better gun first. There's also a very large amount of guess work as to where enemies can even hit you from, which is a big fucking problem in a game with a low TTK like PUBG.
>>
>>388298997
It won't return to mainstream because Quake 3/Live is the perfect FPS and any little change will and has been a failure. On a side note pic related is going through the same crisis because the Japs don't recognize what the hell is going on with this game after so long
>>
>>388315610
You're right for soloplay, but team matches are more organized and rely on cooperation.
>>
>>388309815
>>388303689
>>388303883
>It's still free to play on the Bethesda launcher
How? I installed it and it asks me for beta key
>>
>>388315272
I'm not that guy idiot
>>
>>388315776
So register for a beta key. They hand them out easily
>>
>>388315721
Even then there's still mammoth elements of RNG like trying to find the enemy and getting a decent weapon.
>>
>>388315276

What setup? I just connect automatically to Europe as far as I know. I'd check it but I just installed a new HDD so I'll need to re-install.
>>
>>388315934
but that's helped by the fact vehicles are used much more in teams.
>>
>>388315902
Where? The site only has 30$ pack
>>
>>388315963
There's a Globe icon in the bottom right corner. You can check which datacenters you are connected to (for matchmaking).
My queues take less than a minute during peak time usually in EU.
>>
>>388314238
Last time we checked, you couldn't run around the map and pick up new moves that were lying around it in fighting games.
>>
>>388301698
I never liked Hunter. I mean, I like her design, but I don't find her that attractive as a woman. Having her ass show is not enough

>Negress
>6'6''
>>
>>388315853
Oh I didn't notice your name Anonymous, my bad.
>>
>>388316528
>He said
It's ok not everyone in the world can read
>>
>>388316501
So?
>>
>>388316172
Oh, right, it's already EA. They used to hand the beta keys out so easily before. I think Steam free to play is coming very soon, for those who missed the beta key giveaways and invites.
>>
File: 1501966453773.jpg (74KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
1501966453773.jpg
74KB, 800x612px
Arena FPS will never be "reborn" without major changes to the formula. I wish someone would make that major change by making a space FPS somewhat like shattered horizon, except faster and bigger.
>>
>>388302523
>Baron
>Bullet sponge

Kek, maybe if you're completely naked when it comes to your arsenal
>>
>>388317090
Good thing Overload is the second coming of 6dof arena shooters
>>
>>388317090
only if Manchu is art director
>>
>>388314238
Yes. Exactly like fighting games. You think a fighting game has ever been balanced?
>>
>join one of few populated Quake Live servers
>get called a fag and kicked out instantly
Happened 3 times now. Do only children play this game? Learn to put a password retards
>>
>>388317294
Fag
>>
Bought champions yesterday. Played all Quake games since the first. Its a good addition to the series even in the early state that it is in.

It is fun.
>>
/v/ only likes weeb games with breast sliders.
>>
>>388316959
I hope you're right because I'm hyped and if I'll beat all older quakes before it I don't know if I won't spend 30$ blindly
>>
>>388317231
Who?
>>
File: 1502955737110.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
1502955737110.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>>388317215
>make a spaceship game
>but you're not in space
seriously, explain this

it's like making a game about a knight on a horse except you're only inside dungeons instead of places where you'd actually bring a horse

and it's not like you can't make complex level geometry just because you're in space
>>
When i found out this game will have character classes and perks i knew it would be shit. Good UT game is the last hope.
>>
>>388317681

I had a blast when that game had a playerbase then it just disappeared one day
>>
>>388313379
Some of them are depending on QC to make money to live
>>
This game is so white; it needs asian, arab, black, and latino characters. They should have made Doomguy black desu. Fits his badass character more.
>>
File: nhff.jpg (400KB, 1128x1504px) Image search: [Google]
nhff.jpg
400KB, 1128x1504px
>>388317504
The guy who made the picture in that post.
He is the french equivalent of Syd Mead.
>>
>>388304919
GL is sorely lacking. Is the weapon I think of first when I think of "Quake", as in Quake 1
>>
>>388317658
open spaces completely kill the gameplay, no point in putting it in space
>>
>>388311679
I said programmers you cunt and Carmack was the main tech guy who made incredible engines for his games.

Without him you have Sabre Interactive and Arkane Studios who can't use ID tech for shit and nu-ID is a pile of fucking shit as well now.
>>
File: 1494694983140.jpg (527KB, 1483x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1494694983140.jpg
527KB, 1483x1050px
>>388318215
mwaaa, the french

Is there a new-ish sci fi game with good art direction like this? It feels like every fucking game has to be some FREAKING HELLA BADASS characters the size of a fridge and covered in shitloads of pointless detail these days.
>>
>>388306046
Ranger's daughter is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>388300695
>game is good for the high skill ceiling
>hey guys let's lower the skill ceiling
are you retarded?
>>
>>388318343
first off, spacecraft dogfight sims are a respectable genre, and secondly, if you're making a FPS-type game in space instead you can still make levels filled with cover. Space stations, asteroids, loose shipping containers, etc can make empty space less empty.
>>
>>388311689
there's no such thing as bad matchmaking, only bad players

git gud
>>
Why do people say Quake Champions has bad netcode? I just started playing it for first time and I'm hitting as much LG and rail as I do in QL.
>>
>>388301741
what the fuck are you on about? Pro players nail almost every shot, and even I, a scrub, get lots of shots while moving at sanic speeds
>>
>>388318828
you are misunderstanding me.
dogfight games are a completely different genre, you can't really compare them.
Overload(and Descent) are basically old school shooters with 6dof movement, the combat falls apart if you don't have tight enclosed areas to restrict movement.
these games rely on a very specific relationship between projectile and movement speeds and arena sizes, if you have large open spaces it becomes impossible to hit anything without hitscan weapons
>>
Do guns in this game do have alt fire?
>>
>>388318623
except for mass effect, not really
>>
File: 1502163086416.jpg (18KB, 259x207px) Image search: [Google]
1502163086416.jpg
18KB, 259x207px
When will the Q3A faggots fuck off and let people enjoy this game? Every fucking QC thread.

>hurr it doesn't play exactly like Q3 so it isn't Quake hurr
>>
>>388319610

Enjoy your four shitty maps that don't belong to any particular game mode.
I'll be over here instead playing literally nothing because Bethesda fucking killed everything precious.

The netcode is fine for casual play if you didn't absolutely fuck up the map roster and user created content for it.
>>
>>388319068
>Why do people say Quake Champions has bad netcode? I just started playing it for first time and I'm hitting as much LG and rail as I do in QL.

I see rockets deal 0 (NONE) damage to enemies pretty damn often. Especially air rockets which is fucking frustrating because hitting enemies in air with RL is pretty cool.
>>
>>388319539
I never played it, but I can't respect a space game that doesn't respect space and has to fill it with colors and lights at all times. Give me pitch darkness and harsh shadows. It's more striking than making every space scene look like deviantart space wallpaper #6543645356
>>
File: the fuck is that morrowind.jpg (101KB, 480x714px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is that morrowind.jpg
101KB, 480x714px
>>388319610
Actually any quake that's not Quake isn't quake. Quake was quake and then Quake 2 was supposed to be a new IP but they couldn't figure out a name, Quake 3 is just MP not connected to anything, Quake 4 is about quake 2 and Quake champions is just quake 3 2. I wish e-sport faggots would die out so I can enjoy real singleplayer games and not running around an empty map shooting faggots. if I wanted to play with real people I wouldn't fucking play videogames in the beginning.
>>
>>388316696
So your comparison is fucking shit and cannot apply here.
>>
>>388320039
Because?
>>
>>388319610
When you shills stop making threads about the game.
Let it already die in peace.
>>
>>388320095
Because you're comparing two different genres that work in a completely different way.
>>
>>388298997
>strategy require
Actually, about 10 folds as much as there is in Quake or ever was in quake.
>>
>>388320293
But why does character selection fundamentally imbalance the game?
>>
>>388319803
I only played the first two, but in those space was pretty dark unless you were inside a nebula.
the series pretty much copied Syd Mead for their entire artstyle(especially the first game), so if you have an interest in classic sci fi art and its tone, it it is worth checking out simply for that
>>
Quake on 3ds is cool.
>>
The biggest issue with QC is the netcode and lack of maps. It gets real tiring seeing your rocket or nailgun fail to register a hit on maps you've already played a thousand times before.
>>
>>388317498
If you know anyone with a beta key ask them, a while ago they handed out 3 extra keys to everyone for giving them to friends. The F2P version will probably come out when the game goes gold, my guess is that'll be on october
>>
File: OHY9dKW.png (252KB, 497x494px) Image search: [Google]
OHY9dKW.png
252KB, 497x494px
There's no better AFP than UT.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC7LX1Iyxa-mWp5DVcp1TOqEt15DkPrO1
>>
>>388311689
>matchmaking

FPSs are officially dead.
>>
>>388300706
this
>>
>>388302405
>Unreal Tournament 4
yes
>CSGO
no
>>
>>388323270
>no
>>
>>388318865
>no bad matchmaking
>only bad players
>git gud
You sir, just went full retarded.
>>
>>388307139
>audio files
>>
>>388300031
This chart shows game growing.
>>
>>388302949
I hope Metroid Prime 4 will have the same kind of multiplayer.
>>
>>388313079
Hell, both Doomguy and Ranger were already characters in Q3A, along with Bitterman (Q2's protag). Still playing as the same guy 20 years later with Ranger.
>>
File: 1496972824476.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1496972824476.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>388316508
>Negress
She's bronze, not black. Think more Mediterranean, less African. Typical Amazon lady stereotype.
>>
File: quakechampions.jpg (2MB, 1979x2752px) Image search: [Google]
quakechampions.jpg
2MB, 1979x2752px
really gets yer noggin joggin...
>>
>>388326245
That could easily pass as mulatto, which is a negro mix. Not only the skin, but the face structure

t. BR
>>
>>388326467
I don't know much about geometry but I know two things, that being she doesn't look like Obama and that she makes my dick hard. And that's just fine with me.
>>
>>388326657
I hope you're like 7' and pure muscle, because she's literally as tall as Michael Jordan and probably won't take beta dick
>>
>>388326657
If she gets ported to champions she'll most likely take the appearance of an average black woman.
>>
>>388326814
Sitting on my face is also acceptable.
>>
>>388326861
explain your reasoning
ranger, visor, slash, and anarki all kept their original races and nationalities, sorlag is a lizard, and keel and athena are on the 'next to be added' list (athena is still mixed-looking, keel is still black)
>>
>>388327171
Because all the human characters so far have been white, and it's easier for a character like Hunter to make the jump from brown to black. Gotta avoid an impending PR disaster after all
>>
File: 1501301482183.jpg (104KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501301482183.jpg
104KB, 640x720px
>>388301023
>let me make this broad as fuck statement with no specific examples so that I can at least appear to know what I'm talking about without actually knowing fuck all

lmaoing at ur life kid
>>
File: 1493218245519.png (419KB, 1448x805px) Image search: [Google]
1493218245519.png
419KB, 1448x805px
>>388327459
read the last sentence, fucko
next two human characters are black
>>
>>388327657
Yes, but after Athena and Keel the majority of human characters are still white. They need to add more.
>>
>>388315540
>people who will make money if it's popular enough
>bandwagoners, probably stream boars following their surrogate friends
>>
>>388299062
>i loved quake and i won't play champions

Missing out
>>
>>388327792
i don't believe you, and expect them to add more robots and aliens, given part of the cast is only white in the nontypical sense (galena is undead, slash is literally WHITE white)

also stroggo fella is in line as well so that's another non-hwite
>>
>>388312007
Thats simply untrue. Everyone strafe jumps. Visor just doesnt have his capped.
>>
>>388312259
shut up

you dont play the game
>>
>>388312636
>i'm choosing Q3

But you dont play Q3?
>>
>>388312864
>the differentiating factors MAKE it a hero shooter though

it doesnt
>>
>>388302924
>WAGGLAN

This word needs to make a comeback.
>>
i personally dont mind the abilities but i hope id allows them to be disabled to appease the purists
>>
>>388298997
>let's just remake maps from the old games so people who've been playing for 10+ years can stomp new players
>waaaah why is the game dead
Really activates your almonds.
>>
>>388329820
They already confirmed they'll roll out a more vanilla mode.
>>
>>388299841
> charge me money for it.

???? The game is free.
>>
>>388299865
.....yes it does. Shotgun, nailgun, or machine gun. I also have Quake Champions.
And the rest of these guys are right, the netcode is fucking garbage, and there is a shitload of content locked behind a paywell. You don't even permanently own a champion unless you pay real money for it.
-t. someone who really wishes he could take back this drunken purchase.
>>
>>388330394
You can actually just get champs in free crates. And they last forever.
>>
>>388311417
>shotguns shoot slugs now instead of buckshot
>games slow unless you play visor
have you even played the game?
>>
>>388330991
This is /v/, what did you expect?
The real bad thing in Q:C is shitty fucking netcode.
>>
>>388303597
Don't be tricked, its not.
You need 1000 "favour" to rent a champion for a 24 hour period. Granted you get like 1000 favour per match if you play well, but you never own any of the champions unless you shell out dosh.
>>
pointless arena fps just isnt as fun as team work oriented games that are dominating now.
>>
>>388332228
But capture the flag
>>
>>388327980
Aniki and Sorlag have a different strafe jump
Also some other heroes but I can't remember
>>
>>388333061
Everyone has standard Q3A strafe jumping. Sorlag and Anarki have Q1/CPMA style bunnyhopping (more air control, only using A and D, no W), Visor has normal strafejumping with uncapped speed, Slash has normal with Quake 4's sliding feature (keeps speed up around corners), Nyx has a walljump, etc.
>>
>>388331073
can agree there, netcode is the only issue I've had with the game
>>
Im new into the whole Arena FPS genre, enjoy Quake Live and QC. People outfragging me is the problem. How do map control?
>>
>>388302949
>I will never get the 5 star online ranking, forever stuck at 4
feels bad man.
>>
>all the shills screaming that anyone who doesn't like QC never played quake.
Fuck you, you pieces of goddamn trash. I grew up on quake. It is without a doubt my favorite series of all time. QC is bethesda trying to squeeze blood from a stone. instead of just leaving it alone (because we all know they could never make a good game like the originals.)
How about this pro QC shills. give me a arguement, WHY THE GAME IS GOOD. you have had people argueing over and over, why it's bad. how about you fucking defend this game you love so much and is s great?
Hard mode, no "variety" "fresh" or "fun" buzzwords.Be honest.
>>
>>388299968
I didn't realize FPS was a 'niche genre'
>>
File: 1478172934672.jpg (112KB, 455x680px) Image search: [Google]
1478172934672.jpg
112KB, 455x680px
>Rabid quakeshits bitch at every new AFPS because it's not Quake
>id makes a new Quake
>They still shit on it anyway
You niggers don't want arena FPS, you're just pretending you do, and this is why you're irrelevant.
Face the facts.
>>
>>388335960
Cmon faggot, WHY.IS.IT.GOOD.
>>388334761

Also
>unironically posting asscancer faggot.
>>
the quake champions duel tournament yesterday was the most boring shit ive ever seen.
>>
File: c-mon-son-o.gif (501KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
c-mon-son-o.gif
501KB, 320x240px
>MY MICROTRANSACTION RIDDEN HERO SHOOTER IS BETTER THAN YOURS BECAUSE ITS QUAKE HAH

at the end of the day any hero shooter that has microtransactions is shit.
>>
>>388323778
You can freely rip models through those instructions - models are in the same place as sounds, music, textures...
>>
>>388334761
Not a single one of you fucking shills has a argument for why the game is good then? fucking pathetic. QC deserves to die, along with all of its payed shills.
>>
>>388337793
Why is quake "good" anyway? It's fucking dead for a reason, dipshit. Suffer more.
>>
>>388338147
Yes, and that reason is "because it's old"
Have a better argument next time shill.
Thread posts: 487
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.