[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite place in the entire Elder Scrolls series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: ubd.jpg (99KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
ubd.jpg
99KB, 799x599px
What's your favorite place in the entire Elder Scrolls series? For me it's Urshilaku - Kefka Burial, intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor
Seriously though I had a question. Morrowind makes it abundantly clear that the emperor's death will play a pivotal role in the game after it, going so far as to practically spell it out if you see a certain nord with a certain divining skull in Bloodmoon. Did Oblivion at any point do such a thing?
>>
>>388297264
Not really, there are some minor lines but they only fit coincidentally. Since Skyrim is set 200 years later its pretty disconnected but Skyrim is definitely setting up the Thalmor as the villains of the next game.
>>
>>388297380
Well shit. You wouldn't happen to know what those coincidental lines are would you? I remember a few years back someone posted excerpts/screenshots of books from Oblivion that vaguely hinted at Alduin being a villain. It may have been the books that one Argonian in the mages guild had you finding to help decode the mysterium xarxes.
>>
>>388297505
There is some random npc dialogue that says "They say syndicates of wizards have led a boycott of Imperial goods in the land of the Altmer." and "The Altmer have powerful wizards. It could become a dangerous situation." This could be talking about the the Thalmor which would match up timeline wise since they started to rise to power during the oblivion crisis.
>>
The Tundra outside of Whiterun, something innately comfy about the whole space, if I could quadruple map space and make the game interesting I'd probably spend playthroughs in and around whiterun. I plan on doing this for the Imperial City when OpenMW and Project Tamriel get that far.

>>388297380
I honestly think that was luck on the hands of the writers, just walked into it, the actual Oblivion Story can be interpreted as a lot smarter and well placed than it actually is, and I think that's luck too.

Of all the characters that exist within the Elder Scrolls who has the most to benefit from the death of Uriel Septim?
>>
>>388297984
His heirs. Given the plot of Oblivion that's probably not the answer you're looking for though.
>>388297718
There was a lot of dialogue that referenced other provinces
>>
File: 1495485804977.png (494KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1495485804977.png
494KB, 557x605px
>>388297264
T-tamriel, don't hurt me anon-kun

>>388297984
Martin septim
>>
New Sheoth

Not comfy or anything like that but always fun to look at and walk around in.

In Morrowind my favorite area is Sheogorad

In Skyrim I like blackreach.
>>
File: Shrine_of_Nocturnal_skyrim_hnng_.jpg (835KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Shrine_of_Nocturnal_skyrim_hnng_.jpg
835KB, 1440x900px
I love so many sites in the TES series. My favorite region is probably the Ascadian Isles of Morrowind. The site that gave me one of the most lasting impressions was Blackreach of Skyrim.
>>
Winterhold.

It's not really fleshed out well, but the idea of a cozy frozen magical university by the sea is pretty noice.
>>
>>388298386
>>388298497

No, Jyggalag had the most to gain from his death, and is the only being able to plan around it, Jyggalag placed the player in that dungeon, not one of the Aedra. Jyggalag played the long game sacrificing his own faculties for multiple eras knowing that his victory was an eventuality.The player awakens, the Emperor dies, the third era ends and the gates to oblivion open, Mehrunes invades, the player is a major part in the victory against Mehrunes and the liminal barriers between Nirn and Oblivion are sealed permanently, Mehrunes power is in turn permanently limited. Jyggalag now stands completely unopposed, at least between the Daedra. I'm pretty certain that none of this was on purpose too, just events that kind of came together, or perhaps Kirkbride noticed this and fixed the Shivering Isles to line up this way.
>>
Hla Oad and Gnaar Mok are my favourite comfy places. Especially when it's raining.
>>
>>388299797
I bet those places smell horrible.
>>
>>388298979
Winter hold could have been great. A quest line based around actual lessons and students and teachers and some exploration within the college.
Obviously it can't be to the level of Harry Potter, but as soon as you arrive you're pretty much over with the whole thing.
>>
>>388299890
So do I, my character was such a stinky dunmer they had to take him from the imperial vity prison, first by carriage and now by boat.
>>
>>388300206
Vuck you.
>>
File: Anvil-oblivion.jpg (482KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Anvil-oblivion.jpg
482KB, 1680x1050px
definitely Anvil. It evokes LOTR-tier comfiness in me
>>
>>388298974
i want nocturnal to step on my dick
>>
>>388300479
but ES is better than LOTR.

Have you seen the PT Anvil?
>>
File: 1499887014433.jpg (70KB, 852x852px) Image search: [Google]
1499887014433.jpg
70KB, 852x852px
>>388299473
Was Kirkbride involved with Shivering Isles? I thought he just worked on Knights of the Nine.
>>
>>388297264
There are a couple nods to oblivion in the morrowind expansions. In tribunal, there is that quest where you discover the death cult that has a hard on for prophecies relating to daedra pouring into tamriel via oblivion gates. Plus when you kill the leader you can loot that SICK white robe.
>>
>>388301207
I think you are right, I guess it was entirely luck that the story just rounds up like that.
>>
>>388300479
>The quest where women lure men to a house to murder them
>>
>>388301580
They don't lure them there to murder them, they lure them there, take all of their gear and don't put out.

>you can't hand pack the other men the gear of there's that was stolen
>there's no option to fuck all the girls into a coma and take all of their gear
>there's no option to just have your gear taken and fuck off
>you can only kill those potato faced bitches

This is what's wrong with TES IV.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.