[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grimoire: Felipe Pepe Was Right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

GameStar reviewer Sascha Penzhorn described the game as "ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users" while criticising the absence of voice acting in dialogues and the lack of a German translation. In summary, he stated that "Grimoire deserves no pity just because it's an indie game", awarding a score of 30/100. [11][12]

Rock, Paper, Shotgun writer Alec Meer posted an article covering his attempt to write a review, which he said failed due to the game's "grind, the desperately cumbersome user interface or the sound that makes me want to throw my speakers into the sea", its "timelost inaccessibility", and its lack of alt-tab support.[2] Due to the difficulty in taking screenshots, the article was partially illustrated with promotional images, and the game had to be restarted due to updates making savegames unusable. The article, while noting that Grimoire "successfully creates the illusion of an enormous world filled with mysteries and secrets", came to the conclusion that the core design elements of the game were "monstrously wrong-headed", "desperately cumbersone", "arduously clicky", "doggedly DOSian", "hideously drawn-out", "crazily tough", "hateful", and comparable to mental torture.[2]
>>
>>388294373
Senior editor John Walker wrote a sidebar to the article, observing that some players who claimed to be enjoying Grimoire were being dishonest: "You’d imagine on receiving a game like Grimoire, such a small group of people would be spending their spare time gleefully devouring its 600 hours of joy, rather than policing the internet to berate anyone who doesn’t enjoy the game properly. It’s almost as if it’s not quite occupying their time…"[13]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>388294395
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimoire:_Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar

Game journalism: 4
Cleve: 0

hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>388294373
>and the lack of a German translation

What's with Germans' obsession with everything needing to be German?
Are they too fucking lazy to learn English?
>>
>>388294684
You should see the way the Japanese are with anything made in Korea
>>
Nobody cares about your shitty game, Cleve
>>
>>388294684
Everything is in German there, even the movies are dubbed and not subbed, it's ridiculous.
>>
This game is full of bugs and glitches, but I had a lot of fun during my playthrough.

The writing and level design is really good.
The combat is okay but can be cheesed
Level progression kinda sucks.

I like how after the first area the game completely opens up. You can explore everything at your own pace, and turn around to go to other areas if you feel like your party isn't up to the challenge. I feel like if the glitches were gone and the game balanced more finely tuned this would easily be a 8-9/10 game.
>>
>>388296478
>tfw I don't know what to do in tomb of st george or how to enter the lich's whatever
:(
>>
>>388294373
Idk, dude. The game has bugs and glitches and it most definitely is hard due to you having to know your party setup, but that's by design. These guys reviewing games probably never played older games like M&M. So, like usually, gaming journalism ain't worth reading. I'm shocked.
>>
>>388294373
Sapes, when will they learn?
>>
It's literally impossible to enjoy this game without autism.
>>
File: 1499128305782.png (860KB, 841x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499128305782.png
860KB, 841x720px
>50 years to put out an early access indev early alpha state game
>>
>>388294373
I haven't played the game but how does basically saying
>WAAAAAHH WAAAAAHH IT'S TOO HARD
Not make you the butt of every joke in your field?
>>
>>388296223
Why would the movies be subbed you retarded faggot
>>
>>388303821
what would you expect germans are small dicked and sumbhuman
>>
Download link for 1.2.0.25?
>>
>>388294373
>"ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users"

Oh dis gon b gu-

>while criticising the absence of voice acting

Fuck, there goes the drama potential.
>>
File: angry-3d-smiley.jpg (198KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
angry-3d-smiley.jpg
198KB, 1920x1920px
Felipe Pepe is a gaylord. Apparently the one shot trogs he complained about are easily dispatched by casting "armorplate."

I have no interest in playing a blobber so I'll probably never play Grimoire, but if you are going to play it and write a review that will be posted on a site with a decent amount of influence on the RPG community at least be good and know what you're talking about. The guy probably beat the game by using cheat engine. The Codex reviewers and fanboys gave a lot more slack to companies that had dozens of employees and raised millions of dollars over just one guy making his game as a hobby. Despicable.

Also a lot of the design choices people complain about are supposedly staples of the Wizardry series, yet these same people say "play wizardry instead!" having played neither. They just hate on Cleve because he likes to talk shit on the Internet and doesn't kiss fag ass or worship naggers.
>>
>>388303884
because the original audio is always superior? Duh?
>>
>>388308312
And be stuck reading instead of enjoying the visuals like a muppet?
>>
>>388308446

Are you fucking retarded? Dubbed movies are for children.

Are YOU this much of a dirty mongrel subhuman you can't read subtitles and enjoy the visual at the same time?
>>
>>388308584
You're lying to yourself. You can't read and watch the movie with full attention at the same time.
>>
>>388309018
Glancing at the subtitles is still preferable to raping the audio
>>
>>388308032
Except you fail to understand WHY he complained about those instakills. It's not because they can't be countered, it's because they are widespread, completely disregard any and all build choices, can be similarly used by the player turning everything into a who instakills faster game, and once you counter it the fight is basically over because instakill was the only shtick these enemies had.
>>
File: 1389680836122.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1389680836122.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>388303884
Ob du behindert bist?
>>
>>388309473
It really isn't.
>>388309750
I didn't want to invalidate all those shitty movies you wasted your time on nor your comprehension of them. It must feel like I'm striking at the core of your phony idiocy, sorry but I'll have you know only an extremely dense person could think that reading superimposed text while watching a movie is acceptable.
Luckily for you, you're in good company.
>>
>>388310170
I feel bad for you man. Having to compromise one of the most important aspects of a film because of your own stupidity.
>>
>>388310170
>superimposed text while watching a movie is acceptable.
Bruh, can you pat your head and rub your tummy for me.
>>
>>388310170
I hope this is a troll. You are either fucking stupid, younger than 18, or both.

Subs > Dubs
>>
>>388294684
English is a horrible language, it's (especial the US version) baby talk rotting your brain.
>>
File: 1494001788093.jpg (40KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
1494001788093.jpg
40KB, 308x326px
>>388294684
Has something to do with how germans were patronized after WW2. East Germany had been taken over by commies who rejected anything of the west. West Germany wanted independence. I'm pretty sure nowadays english is taught in gradeschool, but anyone born prior to 1990 still has that mentality.
>>
>>388310763
>before 1990
No. Interesting theory but very incorrect.
>>
>>388294684
Because why should I play games in inferior languages?
>>
>>388310865
Since 2004, English is mandatory at gradeschool level, which would make anyone born 10 years prior proficient.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.