[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth 5 bucks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 635762352935628.jpg (19KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
635762352935628.jpg
19KB, 460x215px
Is this game worth 5 bucks?
>>
>>388292215
nope.
>>
>>388292313
why
>>
>>388292523
not only is it extremely bland but the dev team did a very lazy job producing the game.
>>
>>388292215
>5 bucks
Yes. Ok ghost detective story that will fill some of your spare time if you don't drop it at the beginning.
>>
>>388292215
Yes, it's a good spooky detective story. The gameplay is meh and if prevent you from enjoying it you can use cheat engine.
>>
these threads are populated by 2 crowds generally, one crowd wants you to save your time and money, the other plays devil advocate and tries to tell you you might as well play it because its cheap, and thats generally the only up side. so which sounds like the better decision to you? "save your money and time" or "eh its cheap, you might as well play it despite it sucking"
>>
Story is passable, but it's not worth your time to do anything other than the main story. Collectibles are garbage, with lots of effort and no reward.
>>
>>388292215

Great game and it's also about IRL witches.

And ghosts.

And detecting.
>>
maybe worth your time, but that's all you should spend.
>>
>>388293019
>Collectibles are garbage, with lots of effort and no reward.

I hate it when developers do this. At least give me some backstory with them, if not something that alters gameplay like infinite ammo or something similar to enhance replayability. Otherwise don't even fucking bother, that's time that could be better spent making the main game better.
>>
>>388293492
There's achievements if you collect all 200-something of each type. And paragraph-length side stories with no larger relevance.
>>
>>388293492
>Otherwise don't even fucking bother, that's time that could be better spent making the main game better.
usually it's because it looks good on paper and is much easier and time efficient to do that rather than put some actual quality into the game.
>>
Its just a time killer. Wasn't wowed but didn't dislike it either.
>>
>>388292981
>caring about saving time while posting on /v/
Almost got it smartass.
>>
Answer from someone who actually liked the game:

The game is a great idea that was rushed out the door through what appears to be a secondary team that took over. The story is pretty good, and the character interactions are fun. What ultimately drags it down is the fact that it is VERY clearly rushed in a lot of places, and you will notice this the second you are given the ability to float around town and explore, when you come across areas that are finished by completely empty, NPCs that repeat, and the fact there are like 20 or so lines that are cycled over and over. The side-quests likewise aren't finished, and this is really painful with a side-NPC group of teenage boys that are sort of having their own adventure parallel to yours that just sort of disappear.

$5 is worth it, but I definitely wouldn't recommend paying more than $15 that the best. Especially if you play games for games and not for stories.
>>
>>388293772
rather post on /v/ than waste time and money on a bad game. at that point why buy it at all when you can pirate it.
>>
>>388292215
They sold it for 1 bucks one time, so I guess not.
>>
I played a flash version of it on Newgrounds for free a long time ago.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.