[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we ready to admit that it wasn't that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: Sonic_'06_BA.jpg (203KB, 640x749px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_'06_BA.jpg
203KB, 640x749px
Are we ready to admit that it wasn't that bad?
>>
No, because it is.
>>
Yes, because it isn't.
>>
File: 1492105562175106.gif (177KB, 499x365px) Image search: [Google]
1492105562175106.gif
177KB, 499x365px
>>388291370
Well, the game is pretty bad, but part of the reason for that has to do with the hype that was built up to the game and circumstances beyond anyone's such core people behind the game leaving in mid-developing.

However, I will admit that the tone is kinda okay.
>>
File: 1470552653884.gif (17KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470552653884.gif
17KB, 350x270px
>>388292364
>I meant "beyond anyone's control."
FUCK!
>>
It was pretty fun when I replayed it last year. I've been trying to S rank everything on and off since then. Does the DLC ever go on sale on Xbox?
>>
>>388291370
It never was that bad. I hate that there's so many pieces of shit in this fanbase. Honestly they don't even deserve to play these games to begin with so when they talk shit about it like a know-it-all it just comes off as asinine and cringeworthy. And what makes it worse is that other pieces of shit will parrot what that one piece of shit said so now we just have a cesspool of mindless drones talking shit about something they don't know about. Sad.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x852px
>>
File: 124579998.jpg (16KB, 612x347px) Image search: [Google]
124579998.jpg
16KB, 612x347px
>>388293178
Well, that's the thing about fan bases, you tell them that sky is blue and they'll say it's red because someone else is saying it. It's the mob mentality.

watcanyado?
>>
God damn just because you got a good game doesn't suddenly make this half-finished buggy shit any good
>>
File: 38300484_p19.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
38300484_p19.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
>>388291370
I haven't played/gotten the game yet after all these years so I don't really hold that big of an opinion on it but I can't help but find it odd that I keep seeing threads defend it lately.
>>
It was a low point in Sonic's history, but it doesn't need to be brought up every fucking time a new Sonic game is announced, as if it's still "new". There's more time inbetween now and when this game came out than there was from Sonic 1 up to Adventure 2.
>>
>>388293178
I actually played the fucking game, and let me tell you even if you don't consider it the 'worst game evil' because worst/best' is inheritly hyperbolic it is still an awful game with glitches that should've been caught, a shitty story (which is saying something because sonic stories are by default laughable), Silver's telekentic shooting of objects would often hit the other 'ammunition' of your telekinesis destroying both, and that awful billiards section, among the fickle mach speed sections, boring shadow driving sections, you cannot say with a straight face that Sonic 06 was a good game, or even a fully finished game, it clearly needed much more time in the oven for any of the features it presented to be fully realized and polished.
And Eggman had no good lines you could spam.
>>
File: IOYo0m4.jpg (41KB, 214x400px) Image search: [Google]
IOYo0m4.jpg
41KB, 214x400px
>>388291370
If this game wasn't a horrible fucking trainwreck, then yeah, I guess we could.
Also if you stopped making this thread every day, that would help too.
>>
I wish the PC version was never cancelled so I could play it without having to deal with the horrendous load times
>>
>>388293872
The kids who played it are grown up noe and very nostalgic for it. That's fine. I'm all for vidya discussion of any kind. Now if they pretend it has no faults then it becomes kind of annoying.
>>
>>388291370
It's pretty good.
>>
Tropical Jungle > Kingdom Valley > Aquatic Base > Wave Ocean > Flame Core > Radical Train > Crisis City > White Acropolis > Dusty Desert
>>
File: hqdefault-28.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-28.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>388294282
>IT'S NO USE
Something tells me there's not a whole lot of people nostalgic for this game.
>>
>>388294526
You'd be surprised. Depends on how old they were when it released and how much they liked Sonic.
>>
>>388294635
I don't know about you, but any game where a game can catch you in a cycle like the one in SIlver's boss fight, is a bad move.
>>
The fact that I enjoy it more than any current gen game is telling.

>>388294714
Even 10 year olds could figure out the pattern. You attack when he says how about this? and retreat. You know...recognizing patterns and beating a boss? Or do you just need to hold right like Sonic Colors bosses because its good and 2D right?
>>
>>388294714
I agree. That doesn't change that there are people who are nostalgic for the game. People can love things that absolutely suck.
>>
Yeah it wasn't that bad, it was even worse than you could imagine.
>>
>>388294831
The issue isn't the pattern. Its the fact that there is a way to get stuck in a never ending loop. That is something the devs should have made sure couldn't happen.
Sure he's easy but it's shitty to get caught in the cycle.
>>
>>388294831
How about a boss fight that's balanced enough where you can't get stuck in an unbreakable loop? It's stupidly easy to get caught in a loop like the one in Silver's boss fight, due to one simple thing
Silver's attack has very little cool down. He can spam it quickly if he can close the distance, and the arena is smallish, if he catches you while against the wall he will put you in a loop that you CANNOT get out of. No matter what, the invunerability state doesn't help you, Silver's cool down is too short, if it exists at all, he is cheaply programmed to use his ONE attack the second you get within a certain distance of him with not a single care of balance or fairness. This is a badly designed fight, and even IF this wasn't the case, if Silver's telekentic attack had a fair amount of cool down between usages, it would still be a boring boss fight.
Boring boss fight which can be said to all boss fights in 06
A sonic game with boring boss fights
Do you not understand how wrong that is?
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 205x246px
>My fucking face when Solaris Phase II plays
>>
File: 1486851290733.gif (565KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
1486851290733.gif
565KB, 367x265px
>>388296068
mfw
>>
And important thing to realize here, people, is that while it certainly possible for something to be overrated or overstated, it does not mean there isn't merit and you shouldn't immediately just go to the other extreme.
Sonic 06 is not the worst game ever
Sonic 06 however is a shoddily made game with numerous design flaws and poor implementations of most of its ideas, to say that Sonic 06 is a bad game is a perfectly fair assessment.
>>
>>388296068
>>388296201
>Not posting the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRe3h1iQ1Os
Unironically a top 10 final boss vidya song.
>>
>>388294148
But the load times was the best part of the game. The parts in between the load times were way worse.
>>
>>388295318
>A sonic game with boring boss fights
You mean like the original games? Boss fights were never a strong point for Sonic games.
>>
>>388291370
It's been almost 11 years since Sonic'06. '06 kiddies are growing up and that's bad.
>>
remember that mission where eggman gives knuckles a message to give to sonic, only sonic finds out about it and has to track down knuckles just to get him to tell it what it was, and the message was just that eggman was gonna kill him? and you had to go to a random military base because knuckles was there for no reason at all?
>>
>>388291370
it's kinda like The Room where it's so bad that it's actually kinda fun
>>
>>388293872

Sonic fans are going through their periodic revisionist history where they claim bad games are good and good games are bad.
>>
>>388297906
That's because we're righting the wrongs that the 30+ year old classic fags said about them. Shadow isn't bad, 06 isn't bad, Unleashed isn't bad. Eat shit
>>
>>388297614
Do any platformers, 2D or 3D, have good boss fights?
>>
>>388298048
"Righting the wrongs"
Whatever lets you sleep at night, but let's humor you anyway
>Shadow the Hedgehog (Video Game)
>Terrible gunplay, shitty missions, to the point of parody edginess while still demanding you to take it seriously, a story that is is a level above the usual stuff used in Sonic games in terms of badness due sounding like it came from some kid's fanfic explaining Shadow's backstory, introducing GUN Commander who remembers vividly what shadow looks like, but still had GUN arrest mutli-time world saver Sonic even though he would know for a fact Shadow does not look like Sonic and Sonic is completely divorced from the Shadow and ARK colony debacle, forcing you to play through the game what must be a dozen times to unlock the final, true ending, and finally, only putting the issue of whether Shadow is a clone, robot, or the original by loitering around for 15 minutes in the final bossfight.
>Sonic 06, glitchy, poorly made video game with poor controls
>Unleash, first half arguably good, relentlessly bogged down by shitty tacted on werehog beat em up levels that dragged on and on and on.
>>
>>388298070
Yes
>>
I wanted to like it. I was in denial for a long time after buying it. It's bad
>>
As someone that only played the Genesis games are any of the 3D Sonic games with playing and enjoying. Keep hearing that at best they are only meh with a lot of dumb shut in them.
>>
>>388292434
>beyond anyone's control
Maybe Sega could've said "hey, where the fuck are you going?" Or pushed back the release date. Or any other of various management mistakes they made.
>>
It's the last non-Boostshit Sonic game
>>
Its even worse
>>
File: 1503691100994.png (155KB, 800x681px) Image search: [Google]
1503691100994.png
155KB, 800x681px
>>388291370
There's no point being contrarian, Sonic '06 has very few redeeming values beyond good music, Shadow's personal angst being rid of to be the most competent character in the cast, and Blaze's gameplay actually being kind of fun. Plus abusable Gems for Sonic. Beyond that the game ranges from mediocre to a flaming garbage fire and shouldn't be sought out intentionally for the sake of personal play/challenge.

>there are people that bought the goddamn DLC
>>
>>388291370
Like X-men Apocalypse said, the 3rd one is always the worst.
>>
>>388299462
And it was a shit game
>>
>>388291370
No, it really is that bad.
>>
>>388296341
Underrated post.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.