[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a fan of fire emblem. Is this worth a try?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
I'm a fan of fire emblem. Is this worth a try?
>>
>"I like Fire Emblem, should I try this Fire Emblem game?"
hmm
>>
The voice acting alone is worth it
>>
Depends, which Fire Emblem games are you a fan of, Pre-Awakening or Post?
>>
>>388290376
What if I like both for different reasons?
>>
Yes, it's better than Awakening and Fates by not having waifus alone.
>>
>>388290397
>I like every game in the series
>Is this game in the same series worth a try?
>>
No, it's shit.
>>
>>388290397

No, how is this possible. How could you like both? My autistic brain can't handle it, REEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>388290195
Gameplay is basic and map design is kind of shit.
Characters and the writing for the most part are pretty good.
Aesthetics, music, and VA are great.
Saber is best girl.

It's worth a play if you don't mind the simple gameplay compared to newer entries.
>>
It's ass don't bother
>>
>>388290485
>Should I expect eugenics min/maxing or should I expect fire emblem

This is a moot point because I don't have Citra working anyway but whatever. I knew basically everything about Fates mechanics, classes and support conversations before even buying the game but I haven't actually seen much about Echoes
>>
>>388290905
There isn't a whole lot to do in Echoes, it's basically the main game and then the post game content is a difficult and long ass dungeon ending in the super boss. You'll most likely spend a bit of time preparing for this, but it's been done in a no grind run so it doesn't take that much time. It's still a good game, but it doesn't have as much content as Awakening and Fates.
>>
>>388290905
Males who go down the Mercenary job path can job DOWN back to villager and theoretically get infinite levels

The Dread Fighter into Villager thing was apparently a bug in the original that they decided to keep as a feature in the remake, but why they didn't make it available for all jobs is beyond me.

The only other option is to use a Pitchfork which lets anyone but Alm and Celica depromote back into a villager, but you only get 3 as DLC gifts as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>388291358
>People actually do the Dread Fighter loop
You can btfo Grima on Hard with absolutely no grinding, you never need to do this shit. You even have the overclass shit to make it even easier, but at least they look cool as fuck.
>>
>>388290195

It's my new favorite FE title. They did a fantastic job on it, even though it's on the easy side.

If you thoroughly enjoyed Conquest on Lunatic, you're going to be bored though.
>>
So, everyone here is saying that this game is really easy. So, would this be a good game for a beginner to the series? I like the design of the characters in this game, so I'm interested in getting into the FE series through it, but the FE series in general has intimidated me a bit because I heard that supposedly if a character dies in an FE game, they're dead for good? If that's untrue, though, feel free to correct me about that.
>>
>>388292381
It's considered easy because it has an overworld which you can grind in but it also has some certain twists that make it harder compared to other FE with overworlds.

In older FE games if a non-lord unit died it was gone for good but since Awakening you are also given a choice if you want your fallen units to come back after a battle.
>>
>>388292381
If you want a starting place for Fire Emblem, I suggest you play 7 or 8 for GBA, Echoes isn't really a good starting place because of how drastically different it is from every other game. It's a remake of Fire Emblem 2, and it shows with how dated and annoying some shit can be, like infinite reinforcements. And yeah, in most Fire Emblem games death is permanent, but almost everybody just resets if someone dies, but this isn't necessary since the games generally give you plenty of units assuming you've lost some.
>>
>>388292073
I gave up on Conquest mid-way because I couldn't handle the story. It was so shit it was laughable.
>>
>>388292706
There's a reason they let you skip cutscenes
>>
>>388290195
How much do you like Sacred Stones?
This game is basically Sacred Stones except weirder. It's a bit more serious in tone (think Shadow Dragon), and it has a few mechanics that are pretty fun for one game but aren't in most others for a reason.
>>
>>388292706
I'm up to the Wind Village chapter and I have absolutely no motivation to go on. I think I'm just gonna uninstall and play DQ7 like I was planning. God damn, why is Fates so fucking bad?
>>
The gameplay is okay, it manages to be interesting.
I think Echoes is worth the buy for the art and music alone, though. It's incredibly well made.

It's sort of the opposite of Fates in a way - Fates gameplay is great but the story is pants on head retarded and the art and music is only average. There are a few tracks that are the exception to this though and are very good.
>>
It's really nothing like any of the other fire emblems and stands out among both old and new fe because it's mechanically different. Personally didn't enjoy the gameplay that much and there's not enough freedom of army customization like in the 3ds games and it isn't as challenging and pre 3ds Fe either. still a fun time regardless, but definitely research it more if you aren't a story/vn/cinematic experience kind of guy

>>388290452
I don't think you know what a waifu is. literally any anime girl can be a waifu. shit, have you seen Delthea and Sonyafags?
>>
>>388292885
Conquest is gameplaywise one of the best games in the series but it had to be dragged down by having one of the worst stories.
>>
I liked it a lot. The maps left a lot to be desired, though. I'd like to see them do another game with its more RPG element focused setup but further fleshed out and with better maps.
>>
>can never have a comfy echoes thread without people bringing up fates, even if it's to shit on it

Echoes was made for comfy threads, take your autistic faction wars to /feg/
>>
>>388292887
It's kind of funny, Echoes gameplay is as bad as Fates story to me. I still enjoy them both, but it's pretty comical how oppositely similar they are considering how often fans like to pit them against each other.
>>
>thought that supports felt lackster at first because they were only for units who knew each other prior
>realise that you can unlock supports with doing other supports and with memories
Why wasn't this on other FE titles too?
>>
File: Dagon_Echoes.png (160KB, 407x415px) Image search: [Google]
Dagon_Echoes.png
160KB, 407x415px
>>388290195
I loved it, definitely play if you're a fan of FE and aren't just starting with it, the devs made it with passion and love, and despite the game's flaws it certainly shows.
>>
>>388293443
I would've liked them better had they told more about the characters. Lukas/Clive was great but then you get ones all about love interests that seem like filler. Like Leon/Kamui, Faye/Silque, Clair/Delthea, Mae/Celica, etc. I guess they were through them matchmaker demographic a bone but it's kind of futile since the pairings are all set in stone.

>>388293550
>one of the devs is a huge clivefag
no wonder that fucker got all the screentime amd development
>>
So what classes did you turn the villagers into?
>Tobin: mercenary
>Gray: knight
>Faye: pegasus knight
>the white-haired guy: cavalier
>>
>>388294216
Gray was my main DF
>>
>>388294216
Tobin: Mage
Gray: Mercenary
Kliff: Archer
Faye: Cleric

Mage Tobin gets extremely early Excalibur and Cleric Faye gets Physic which is extremely OP for being long ranged heals.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.