[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /v/ ever tried creating your own mods in video games? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: skylines ragnarok.jpg (519KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skylines ragnarok.jpg
519KB, 1920x1080px
Has /v/ ever tried creating your own mods in video games?
What games were they for?
>>
I fixed some of the sims 4 sex mods so they would work better together. Does that count?
>>
>>388287984
Did some modeling for Skyrim, Textures/liveries for racing games, and Audio files for some of the racing games exhaust notes.

Also converted some cars engine placements and drivetrans.
>>
I made a mod for LotRO to tell me how to play the warden class. It watches the combat log to track which DoTs are applied, as well as when certain cooldown abilities are used, and optimizes a sort of discounted DPS (as in, discounted total damage divided by expected time to activate an ability) to suggest which ability to use next. It feels like exactly the sort of mod Turbine/Standing Stone doesn't want, so I haven't released it.
>>
>>388288973
How did you manage to do that?
>>
Custom textures in Trackmania and that's about it.

I got into Quake mapping recently but haven't made anything good enough to release.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
The song is now playing in your head.
>>
>>388288973
So a personal parser.
>>
>>388287984
i love ragnarok online
>>
>>388289257
>tfw that one private server with the nude mods
Wasn't as great as expected to be honest.
>>
>>388289123
Well, I mean, there's a few things going on. Discounting is just, valuing things in the future less than you value now, which is just exponential decay, with the factor of the decay being a configuration parameter. So the damage of a DoT is initial damage * sum(i=1-n)(damage pulse * discount factor^i), where discount factor is less than one. The warden mechanics are, you have three builders, sword shield and fist, and a finisher that depends on the history of builders since your last finisher, and the sequences are between two and five icons long. There are six abilities that enter two icons at a time (the six permutations) on fifteen-second cooldowns, and use of them shows up in the combat log. So parse combat log text looking for activations, and record the times at which activations are seen.
Then it's just a matter of doing all the bookkeeping: for each DoT, figure out how many builders it would take, accounting for use of two-icon builders (making sure to account for the fact that you can't double-use them) and the current chain of builders, to compute the discounted DPS of all finishers, and display the builders remaining to complete the best finisher (including where to use two-icon builders).
Also, since the plugin API doesn't let you query ability stats directly, I had to make a configuration panel where you enter the current tooltip damage numbers of all your DoT finishers.
It was pretty tedious to get it working, but there's nothing magical here.
>>
Not sure if it counts but I helped make the fan translation for Biohazard Outbreak and am currently porting the Japan only DLC for Fire Emblem Fates.
>>
>>388289872
Nice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.