[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Evil Within 2 Gamescom Demo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v126383307ZQ4fQ7fE

Video works only on phone for me, game looks meh but better than TEW overall.
>>
>flash player

pass
>>
File: 82680925.jpg (171KB, 733x807px) Image search: [Google]
82680925.jpg
171KB, 733x807px
Looks just like the original, but with actual good pacing.
Can't wait. GOTY 2017.
>>
>>388282235
>passing on 37min gamepaly
>>
>>388282410
i havent played the first even though it looks interesting it got bad reviews and everyone says it's trial and error tedious bs so i just dont think it's worth getting upset over

maybe if i can find a friend to watch and help me play things get too intense when im alone

until then i dont think ill play 2
>>
>chase and stealth segments right off the bat
>main character is confused about the weirdness of STEM even though this time he went there willingly

Will it still looks fun and im going to buy it
>>
>>388281863
I'd rather not spoil anything. It's already a Day 1 buy if it's anything like the original.
>>
>>388282362
Psycho Break sounds better than The Evil Within.
>>
>>388282797
Don't worry. It looks a lot like the original game (speaking as someone who just beat it yesterday). There's a greater focus on non-linear open exploration, like Chapter 3.
>>
Looks like they fixed the shitty movement.
>>
Got some silent hill vibes from the gameplay
>>
>These idle animations
>Sebastian pulling out his knife as he approaches for a stealth attack
>drinking coffee at a safe house restores you to full health

I'm kinda liking some of these little details. On the flipside, it seems a bit more cutscene heavy than the first.
>>
>>388281863
This actually looks pretty good
>>
God I hope the PC port is good this time.
>>
>>388286198

They've most assuredly learned their lesson. I'm getting it on PS4 regardless but I think they know they can't botch the PC version again.
>>
>>388286284
I just don't know if I should get the PC or PS4 version.
>>
>>388281863
looks waaaaay more fluid. I'm actually kinda hyped now. I was a little concerned after gayspots initial impressions
>>
>>388286402
Buy the PS4 version and pirate the PC version.
>>
is the first one worth it? its on sale for like 8 smackers on steam
>>
>>388281863
I miss the VAs from the first game
>>
>>388286581
You'll either love it or find it to be a piece of shit.

I loved it so it's worth paying the price to find out what side you're on.
>>
>>388286581
yeah, it's worth it. it's not a perfect game, but I really enjoyed it back in 2014.
>>
>>388286581
I had fun with it, I think the game shines on new game plus.
>>
>>388286581

I thought it was great but it's a divisive game and understandably so. It wasn't quite the return to classic survival horror it was billed as so much as it was an action horror game that was slightly more informed by the classics than typical of the genre. The engine it's running on seems like it gimped the game some in the animations department, and the narrative/characters are all handled rather oddly as Sebastian's perspective wasn't the best or most interesting avenue to take. You know the whole thing where a story should focus on the most interesting thing that's happening? Yeah, TEW doesn't quite do that. Still, in terms of raw gameplay it's pretty good and the surreal nature of the game has its charms.
>>
>>388286756

Definitely, Survival difficulty was just a tutorial compared to Nightmare/Akumu, though I must admit I didn't have the balls to try the latter. Nightmare was great, though.
>>
File: 1500019234377.png (456KB, 568x568px) Image search: [Google]
1500019234377.png
456KB, 568x568px
Should I push through to the end of the game from chapter 11 or should I just watch the rest on YouTube?
>>
>>388286402
I'm having the same dilemma, especially since I have a pro, so I might do what >>388286534 suggests. Still undecided, waiting to see if they're going to have a special/collectors edition.
>>
>>388286198
Im playing the first on pc and looks fine to me.
>>
>>388287232
Why did you stop? Push through dammit.

Or are you just not enjoying it?
>>
>>388287232
I'm playing through it right now and I've been wondering, how many chapters are there? I think I'm at around 14 or so. I've been pleasantly surprised by the length as I expected the game to end after I killed the giant glowing purple eyeball thing but I feel like I've been wandering around the city killing steel-masked goons for about 5 hours now. Some plot recently happened but considering how this game handles pace and narrative the ending could be 2 minutes away or another 20 hours for all I know. It really does feel like 20 different levels were designed by 20 different teams with no communication between them and then they stitched them all together at the end or something. The game swings between Amnesia, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil and Silent Hill like crazy.
>>
File: 1449885581870.png (133KB, 644x635px) Image search: [Google]
1449885581870.png
133KB, 644x635px
>>388287589

>how many chapters are there? I think I'm at around 14 or so.

>>
Not sure what to think. Don't care for the tacted on crafting shit. As if enough games aren't bandwagoning that crap as is. Seems pointless. Also I hope this isn't HUB centered like it looks. Animations definitely look much better though as well as the combat and the saving is much, much faster.
>>
>>388287232

Yeah. 11 and 12 are two of the worst chapters but 13 and 14 picks things up a bit again before 15 rollercoasters in quality.

>>388287589

There's 15 chapters, and the level variety is actually something I liked about the game. It whiplashes in tone and style but it almost seems like they came up with the main concept of the game to do just that. I like how the game never quite settles into a predictable groove all the way up to the end.
>>
>>388287720
I had a feeling it would be that. It's a nice even number. Do I get to take my guns and upgrades with me into NG+? I don't see why people criticized the upgrades, I focused on a few particular things and at certain points hit game-changers. 50% crit chance with the pistol and flaming harpoon-bolts mean that you'll never have to worry about basic enemies ever again.

>>388287886
Which ones were 11&12?
>>
>>388287989

The city ones. 11 takes you through the construction zone while 12 is the infamous bus ride and turret section chapter.
>>
>>388286198
Any problems you had on the pc originally are gone now, I played all earlier this year and it played without a problem
>>
whats with all the hiding spots in the early chapters, does it add enemies to hide from in higher difficulties?
>>
>>388282710
The first chapter of the previous game was chase and stealth though.
>>
>>388288065
I didn't hate them. Bus-ride I had no idea whether or not my bullets were doing anything and dumped all of my ammo for everything into the giant monster but it was still a cool one-time set-piece. At least it was easy. Now that I think about it the whole game is pretty damn easy. I've even been handicapping myself by not taking ammo from the lockers. I've only died a handful of times, and mostly to shit like traps and bosses one-shot attacks.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.