[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOAT handheld?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Handheld-Consoles.jpg (46KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Handheld-Consoles.jpg
46KB, 600x400px
IMO it's between the GBA and 3DS. GBA had some great games like Metroid Fusion, Pokemon Emerald, and Advance Wars. The 3DS had a ton of great games too and it gave life to dying/forgetten franchises like Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus.
>>
File: ps_vita_system.png (227KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
ps_vita_system.png
227KB, 540x310px
>>388273825
Hack it and you can play every handheld game ever. With Exceptions, like the 3DS.
A hacked Vita is basically a hacked PSP with a Vita ontop and the PSP is one of my favorite handhelds of all time.
>>
>>388273825
PSP
>>
>best
DS
>worst
out of the ones that people know, atari lynx
>underrated
neo geo pocket color
>overrated
psp
>>
>>388274532
I dunno dude, Lynx was the vita of it's time. It had some good games and the console itself was pretty neat for the time. Plus it can't possibly be the worst when the fucking game.com exists.
>>
>>388273825
Gameboy Advanced SP was GOAT. Small as fuck, backlit screen finally, clamshell design keeps down size and prevents excessive screen wear.
>>
>>388273825

3DS has xenoblade chronicles, the most open world 3d hand held jrpg to date.
>>
>>388274772
Hand cramps.
>>
>>388274987
>he doesn't work out his hands with clamper exercises
>>
Now that I think about it the N3DS or N2DSXL is probably the real GOAT portable. You can play every 3DS game, every DS game, every GBA game, every SNES game, every NES game, every GBC game, etc. PS Vita comes close because it's much more powerful and can play all Vita, PSP, and most PSX games as well as emulate everything the 3DS can except for DS games, but even as a huge PS1 and PS2 fan, the 3DS and DS libraries are better than the Vita and PSP libraries.
>>
File: 12145135768.jpg (22KB, 408x308px) Image search: [Google]
12145135768.jpg
22KB, 408x308px
The N-Gage, baby. Only handheld gaming device out there that's also usable as a cellphone.
>>
>>388275926
I'd really say it's a tie between N3DS and Vita just because I really like both's libraries.

Though I'm leaning on the Vita side because I can hook that thing up to my PS4 and turn it into a Wii U.
>>
>>388275936
We laugh at it now but back then the idea of a phone also being a handheld sounded cool. If only it wasn't executed in the dumbest way possible.
>>
File: 1503421300645.jpg (84KB, 871x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503421300645.jpg
84KB, 871x720px
3DS is so good, I'm going to miss it when it dies

I'm going to miss the 3D effect badly
>>
>>388276728
I miss being able to see from that 3D effect.
>>
>>388273825
>3DSXL
-Virtual Console for GB, GG and GBA games
-online to download patches to fix glitches instead of having to just "deal with it"
-large touch screen with color and 3D capabilities
-wireless so no need for link cables
-lit screen lets you see everything
>>
>>388274150
This but I don't if OP is taking into account hacking and all that shit or just vanilla library.
>>
>>388274150
what is the recommended SD size for an emulated PSVITA? Let's say I want to play as many vita, psp ,GBA games. Can it play DS?
>>
File: seganomad.png (87KB, 420x257px) Image search: [Google]
seganomad.png
87KB, 420x257px
>>388273825
>not mentioning the sega nomad
>>
>best
CFW Vita/CFW PSP
GBA if only OFW is allowed
>worst
NGage
>underrated
Neo Geo Pocket Color
>overrated
DS/OFW PSP

>>388277373
I've been hacking/pirating on handhelds for so long that I struggle to remember any handheld's vanilla library.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.