[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic vs Reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Okay my fellow chan's, you all had your fun and games but now its time to get critical again about the state of the sonic the hedgehog franchise. Because honestly, It's an incomprehensible mess more than ever now.

For starters, a Mania 2 and a Sonic 5 would be a terrible idea to progress the series. Not only would it be a terrible idea to begin with but you guys are easily giving sega free nostalgia rights to keep repeating everything the previous games have done. The classic games can't continue on forever!. There has to be a beginning and an end to something. No seperate timelines, dimensions,paradoxes, realities nonsense.

Sonic team just needs to focus on fixing modern sonic and that's it…Or reboot the damn franchise and start from scratch.

Overall It gives me a fucking headache hearing retards saying mania sonic is different from genesis sonic. It's practically the new dreamcast sonic is different from unleashed sonic meme.

Stop It!
>>
>>388272347
I am not against Mania 2 but I think future sequels should become spiritual sequel to the Advance series.
>>
>>388272453
That's an alright idea but I think the series should stop leaning too much on the 2D formula.
>>
File: 150056135632.jpg (17KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
150056135632.jpg
17KB, 236x214px
>>388272347
>dreamcast sonic
>the same as unleashed sonic
>meme
OP, how can you not see the obvious design difference?
SA , 2, and the advance games had this sonic, heroes, and shadow made him look a bit weird and more generic, probably a part of the multiplat adjustment 06 brought it back somewhat, but that meant nothing with its rep, so they just settled on recycling rush sonic because of its reception.
>>
>>388272347
>The classic games can't continue on forever!
>forever
>it had 4 games
lol

>>388273564
>should stop leaning too much on the 2D formula.
Why?
It's been over 20 years since the last good 2d game. You can't fucking say it's overused when its the first one in years. Fucking megaman had 7 games before it even left the nes.
Let sonic have at least 3 new 2d games before saying that it must stop.
>>
>>388273892
The Sonic Advance series was great and they were in 2D.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_202034_289.jpg (299KB, 1003x879px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_202034_289.jpg
299KB, 1003x879px
>>388273689
>Not a meme
They both have the same design! There are a few minor altercations to their design but as a whole they are the same.
>weird and generic
NEWS FLASH!, Modern sonic was always that!
>>
>>388272347
>Sonic team just needs to focus on fixing modern sonic and that's it
Then let them do that while Mania team does their own thing, just like how the Advance games existed alongside the 3D games.
>>
>>388272347
They had like 17 years to fi Modern Sonic.
It didn't work, time to go back to what worked.
>>
>>388272453
The only good way to do Mania 2 is make it all original zones.
>>
If Mania proved anything is that there is a demand for Classic Sonic gameplay, if there is demand there is no point in "forcing" inovation.

Sonic Team has been forcing inovation since the Dreamcast, it's what killed Sonic as a brand. If Nintendo can continuosly shit out NSMB sequels, why the fuck can't Sega do a few more Classic Sonic sequels? Especially since unlike what is constantly memed, 2D Classic Sonic games can be expanded way more than 2D Mario.

Just look how fresh Mania feels, even with the recycled level tropes.
>>
>>388275841
I think that they can easily revitalize it by turning it into a Sonic Advance spiritual sequel.
>>
>>388275981
Going after Sonic Advance would be a downgrade.
>>
>a Mania 2 and a Sonic 5 would be a terrible idea to progress the series
I mean, why tho?
>>
>>388273892
>Only 4 classic sonic games
I think you did the math wrong.

>2D not overused in the slightest

I know you're trying to make an excuse so that we can get more classic sonic games in the same vein as 3&k/mania but your claims are super inaccurate!
Ever since sonic pocket adventure came into existence Sega has been trying to reel back in the mega drive crowd. Advance,Rush,Unleashed,Colors,Generations,4,Lost World,Boom,Runners,Forces all pull the 2D card!, Heck even the game gear,master system and CD games tried to follow the hype of the genisis games but none of them surpassed them.

>Nes megaman ended at 7
6*. And then it later continued in the same style with 9&10
>>
>>388276751
You are putting all 2D Sonic games in the same bag, while disgarding what made Sonic Mania work unlike say Sonic 4.

The only games that play like Mania are 1-3K and CD, SPA and SA1 if we're streching.

Again, if Mania proved anything is that the 2D Classic Sonic still has a lot of fucking legs.
>>
>>388276215
They're not shiny and expensive enough to produce, so they're not REAL games.
>>
File: 1414871810210.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1414871810210.png
10KB, 400x400px
>a Sonic Mania sequel would be bad
>but a Sonic Advance sequel would be alright
Sounds like a few people are just autistically worried about the more "Modern" aspects of the franchise not being center stage anymore.
>>
>>388275281
The advance games are not canon, mania is!. The only reason advance even became a thing was because of the dreamcast's failure. It was sega's way in the early 2000 of saying "sorry we screwed up" and in the end the games still sucked.
The "mania team" can still work on sonic games, just as long it's ports and not endless continuations of the classic games.

Sega already experimented enough with 2D to the point that everything looks the same!. The incompetent idiots over at sonic team didn't even bother fixing the 3D formula instead some idiot working there gained the impression that adding 2D to 3D would solve the problems. 3D WAS THERE NEXT STEP!! BUT THEY WE'RE TOO LAZY TO FIX SHIT!!
>>
I'll take them riding the classic train if it means we're actually getting good Sonic games.

Seriously. Modern Sonic honestly has never been very good. They clearly had no idea how to make a full game around a Sonic concept with Adventure and Adventure 2 given the clusterfuck those games were. Heroes was a step in the right direction ultimately brought down by shitty execution. StH and '06 are basically trying to go back to the Adventure style. Unleashed is, again, a good concept bogged down by bullshit and padding. Colors actually focuses on Sonic, but the level design leaves a lot to be desired. Generations had to shoehorn classic Sonic and fucked up with stages like Planet Wisp and fucking Time Eater was the worst final boss. Lost World was a good idea executed poorly with dumb gimmicks up the ass. Forces is looking to be more of the same.
>>
>>388272347
>Sonic team just needs to focus on fixing modern sonic and that's it
The absolute state of modern Sonic fans.
Sonic Team doesn't need to do anything but what keeps them afloat. You need to accept that like Adventure, and for a time Classic ironically, all Sonics eventually end and are replaced.
>>
>>388275750
They never fixed anything!! After they fucked themselves by making terrible business decisions with sonic 06 they went into shy zone.
They never bothered to improve modern sonic because sega of japan is fucking retarded!.

>time to go back to what worked
Yeah let's just stay in 2D land forever and forget about improving what we started!

IF MARIO CAN TRANSITION BETTER THAN SONIC IN 3D THEN WHY IN THE "FUCK!!" CANT SEGA DO THE FUCKING SAME!!!!!?
>>
>>388280197
>Yeah let's just stay in 2D land forever and forget about improving what we started!
Good idea! That thought process did give us the highest rated Sonic game in over a decade, after all.
>>
>>388272347
>The classic games can't continue on forever
No, fuck off. I loved Colours and Generations, but people who say that "more of a good thing" is a bad thing need to be sent to an asylum.
I've never even played Sonic 1-3 or Mania, and you've made me legitimately angry.
>>
>>388280197
Mario never really "transitioned" at first. That's what's different. SM64 plays nothing like SMB. They have nothing in common aside from the fact that you jump on shit. Rather than slapping 2D Mario into 3D, which they did for 3D Land and 3D World like twenty years later, they actually set out to make a new game completely designed around taking advantage of 3D.

Fans literally want them to make 2D Sonic in 3D and I'm not sure that would even work. Yeah, we have shit like Utopia, but that's basically a tech demo and we will probably never get a full game out of it. I'd be interested to see how they design real levels to make it work and not just a vast showcase. Sonic Team focuses on what people "liked" about classic Sonic, GOING FAST AND LOOPS, and we get the boost games, which are less about platforming and more of a rollercoaster.

Any time they try to deviate, like Lost World, fans bitch about it. Rightfully so in the case, because Lost World was fucking garbage in a lot of ways, but in some ways it was actually refreshing. Sonic Team needs to focus on making Sonic a fun 3D platformer and less about GOING FAST, gimmicks, and alternate play-styles.
>>
>>388275819
Most if not all the zones in sonic mania aren't original to begin with!! They were just reference zones!!! ITS A CELEBRATION GAME FOR FUCK SAKES!!!! LIKE. SONIC. GENERATIONS. !

Did sonic 1 had zones that reference past sonic/sega games and it's history?, NO!.
>>
>>388280989
>Did sonic 1 had zones that reference past sonic games
I would have been impressed if it did.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.