[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Pikmin 4 be able to top it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: pikmin-2-cover.jpg (185KB, 800x1112px) Image search: [Google]
pikmin-2-cover.jpg
185KB, 800x1112px
Will Pikmin 4 be able to top it?
>>
>>388269315
It couldn't even top pikmin 1, so maybe
>>
>Suggesting Pikmin 3 didn't top 2
>>
>>388269493
>>388269501
Both of you guys are dead ass wrong
>>388269315
I hope so. They need the polish of 3 but better enemy diversity and a fucking pikapedia
>>
>>388269315
>Pikmin 2 is best
>>388269501
>Pikmin 3 is best

I only played the first Pikmin. Did I fuck up?
>>
File: 37485315_p10.jpg (307KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
37485315_p10.jpg
307KB, 800x800px
>>388270842
They're all pretty great in my opinion. If you enjoyed Pikmin 1 play the others, Pikmin 3 is more like 1 but 2 takes a bigger focus on going through caves, fighting enemies, collecting stuff & you have no time limit.

Personally 2>1>3
>>
>>388269315
>pikmin 2
>best
more like shitmin 2 lmao
>>
>>388270842
I played all the Pikmin games through but only once, so this is just going by memory:

Pikmin 2 is basically a dungeon crawler. You have infinite time (still limited by day/night cycle tho), but the bulk of the game is spent in underground dungeons where time is infinite. It's like Pikmin 1 with a shitload of content and bosses, but missing some of the heart and the whole planning/speedrunning element.

Pikmin 3 instead of a race against the clock, you're more stocking up food so you can survive for more days. It's actually really fucking good because playing RTS while using a touchscreen for the minimap is a fucking incredible idea that I can't believe no one's done it before. It makes micro-managing Pikmin so seemless and automatic, especially with 3 characters. This game was probably the most unrestrained fun I had with the series.

Overall I'd say Pikmin 1 is still the best because it's the hardest and most survival-oriented. All are definitely worth it tho.
>>
>>388270842
Pikmin 2 is definitely my favourite in the series, the dungeons were fun and challenging and fucking around in the piklopedia was great. I replayed it recently and had a blast.

Pikmin 3 on the other hand was pretty disappointing, it was easy as hell and really short. It seems like it was rushed out and most of the unfinished areas and content got shoved into Mission Mode, hell even the Purple and White Pikmin are Mission Mode exclusive.

Haven't played Pikmin 1 in years but I'll probably replay it this weekend.
>>
If it's balanced and has enough content, then easily.
>>
By the way this hard mode hack came out recently and it's brutal. Purples are still OP, but every floor is just convoluted with enemies and enemies have a lot more health so you can't just, say, instantly kill an emperor with just 20 purples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V8al1VedvI
>>
>>388269315
PIKMIN idea:

tactical RPG

key elements:
>pikmin grouping, eg. any group of pikmin only take up one space (1 pikmin = 1 space and 100 pikmin = 1 space) divide up your groups for TACTICAL advantage
>RYB pikmin have the same stats, other more exotic pikmin stats are derived from them
>pikmin start off with leaf but level up to bulb and finally flower (if they survive that long)
>olimar (or whoever) takes up one space and can attack (it's not super great), but he's better off buffing with sprays or calming down pikmin with the whistle when they freak out
>i just thought this up in like five minutes and it probably sucks
>>
>>388269315
Pikmin 3 wasn't a bad game at all, it's damn good.
But compared to 1 and 2, it's complete and utter shit. Mostly due to the controls.
>>
>>388273931
>mostly due to the controls
What? The controls are literally the same as 1 + 2 unless you play with the wiimote, which actually makes the controls even better. Also the patch that added touch screen controls was amazing.
>>
When's GameCube VC on switch

When we get Pikmin 1 and 2 I'll fucking nut
>>
>>388269315
Sure, Pikmin 3 did no sweat. Also Pikmin 1.

I wonder if Hey Pikmin did? I haven't played it yet.
>>
>>388276584
We got the superior wii versions on wiiu.
>>
>>388272979
Thank you so much for showing me this, this seems really cool. I'm definitely going to play this at some point, and probably hate myself for doing so
>>
>>388276584
Pointer controls are possible as proved by World of Goo so it'd probably work well with the joycons
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.