[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Transistor actually good or just a meme of normies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: 19125023210123-t465x233.jpg (26KB, 465x233px) Image search: [Google]
19125023210123-t465x233.jpg
26KB, 465x233px
Convince me to buy it instead of Hollow Knight.
>>
No, buy Hollow Knight.
>>
>>388268685
Transistor is their weakest game
>>
>>388268760
Yeah, Hollow Knight looks pretty nice and fun, but I was kinda of looking for a good cyberpunk game, Transistor seems to be the only good one on Steam, if it's indeed just a meme then I'll end up buying Hollow Knight.
>>
>>388268990
There's nothing nearly cyberpunkish about Transistor. The shadowrun games, especially hongkong and dragonfall are good cyberpunk. Transistor is something else entirely.
>>
>>388268685
I liked it. It's as pretty and sounds as nice as you'd expect from supergiant, albiet a bit more blue than orange. Combat is fun and inventive and there is a dizzying amount of variety possible.

What do you mean by "meme"? That word has become rather meaningless over the years.
>>
>>388268685
Actually, it's really short. It's a good game but it has little replay value. Soundtrack is damn good tho.
>>
>>388268990
VA-11 Hall-A is supposed to be good, never played it myself though. Transistor just felt lacking when it came to the gameplay, it was too easy. Hollow Knight is pretty cool, but I haven't gotten very far in it, there's a ton of shit and the whole style is great.
>>
>>388269074
this

it's a weird sort of magical artsy scifi fantasy. It's got a lot of references and allusions to computer code, but you're not gonna get the dreck or megacorps that you'd get from proper cyberpunk
>>
>>388268685
Pirate Hollow Kinght just to spite the shills
>>
>>388269118
On 4chan, when people say something is a "meme" they mean said thing is actually bad but somehow a lot of normies like it and try to push it as good. Examples: Rick and Morty, Skyrim, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Tarantino, Life Is Strange etc.
>>
As with all supergiant games, it's worth it if you like their artstyle and soundtrack
>>
>>388268685
It's too short, Hollow knight is worth the purchase.
>>
>>388268685
Why can't you buy both? Oh wait this is a shitposting thread isn't it? You're just waiting for enough time to pass so you can start posting anime avatars.
>>
>>388269074
Interesting, I'll look into those Shadowrun games.
>>
>>388268685
Do you want an isometric top-down action game or a metroidvania?
>>
>>388268990
it's cyber for sure, but not very punky, no heroic oppressed hacker protagonist trying to overthrow the system

if anything, the hackers are the bad guys, and it's your job to play the loyal sysadmin rounding up rogue processes

i liked transistor for other reasons - gameplay customization, aesthetics, ost, minimalistic storytelling - but if you're looking for that genre you'd best look elsewhere
>>
There's so much wrong with this thread.

1) Normies don't know about Transistor. They're not aware of indie games. They play PUBG.

2) Transistor is a pretty decent game. I've heard that Hollow Knight is a pretty good game, too. But they have nothing in common. Neither is a replacement for the other.

3) You shouldn't need to pick one. Waiting for a sale and buying BOTH games is less expensive than buying EITHER of them now. During Steam's summer sale, Transistor was 85% off and Hollow Knight was 34% off, so you could have had both games for $12.88, whereas currently they are $19.99 and $14.99 respectively.
>>
>>388269368
Well some of things you mentioned are good anyway. Just because they're overrated doesn't mean that you have to be contrarian and declare them as bad.
>>
>>388269512
I live in a third world country, unemployed and can't go to college because the professors are doing a strike, so yeah, I can't buy both unlike you motherfucker who had the luck to be born in a good country and probably receives good money from your parents every month.
>>
>>388268685
Get it on a sale. I love the game but the gameplay is the weakest portion and it's really only good for one playthrough, two if you care about the achievements. I love Red and the OST but unless you're a major fan of supergiant games, you can wait for a sale.
>>
>>388269994

If your funds are so limited that you can't afford both games, then you should definitely wait for a Steam sale instead of buying games now. And, if you do wait for a Steam sale, you can probably get both games for less than the price of one of them.
>>
Which supergiant game had the best end credits music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDflVhOpS4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrjMq4aL-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoqomwy5lhg
>>
>>388268685
Are you seriously saying Transistor is a meme?
No one EVER makes a thread about it here, the fuck are you talking about?
The game is one of the best indie games but the plot and gameplay is literally too complicated for some people.
>>
I finished Transistor and enjoyed it a lot.
Couldn't even get through one hour of Hollow Knight, boring.
>>
>>388270462
I finished that game like one or two years ago and I still go back to the OST whenever I focus on work.
It's up there with Nier OST.
>>
File: who_goes_first.png (427KB, 490x651px) Image search: [Google]
who_goes_first.png
427KB, 490x651px
>Who gets to go first?
>How about... me.
>>
>>388268925
weird way of spelling pyre
>>
>instead of
it's more story driven and has an amazing soundtrack. honestly though i would recommend you stop being a poor fag and get both.
>>
>>388270462
Paper Boats by far. Setting sail next and than Bound
>>
>>388271098
but that would be Bastion
>>
>>388271000
>3 grand total of boss fights
What a disappointment.

>>388271098
I digress.
>>
File: Pyre.png (332KB, 1280x1596px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre.png
332KB, 1280x1596px
>>388271098
sounds like you couldn't slam with the best
>>
>>388270765
Pretty much same here.
Hollow Knight is extremely boring and tried hard to copy that Dark Souls feel.
If we are talking about Metroidvanias then theres at least 3 better indie games.
>>
>>388271000

I loved that moment.
>>
>>388271098
I think Pyre and Transistor are both weaker than Bastion, but I think Pyre is the better of the two for trying harder to be different. Transistor is like they watered down Bastion's combat and added the also watery planning system to make up for it but since using planning disables your regular abilities you only get one or the other and they don't make up for each other not being fully developed. Pyre has similar issues with both the rites and the choose-your-own-adventure bits being underdeveloped but they complement each other instead of actively working against each other.
>>
>>388270462
bound together is literally the coolest shit when you take it factoring your liberation choices into the lyrics

as a single piece it suffers from the modularity though, setting sail remains untoppled

>>388271098
nah
>>
Who'd you leave behind /v/?

For me it was Bertrude, _ae, and Pamitha
>>
>>388269994
If you're so poor, pirate both of them.
>>
I'm really starting to think all these Hollow Knight fags are the 2010s equivalent of Tim Burton fags. There is literally nothing exceptional about that game, including and especially the art style.
>>
>>388268685
>instead of Hollow Knight.

buy neither. pirate trans-sister. avoid meme night
>>
>>388272698
Bertrude, Pamitha, Ti'zo, Reader, Oralech(deceased)
>>
File: Od3130SnhoY.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Od3130SnhoY.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
you know how bastion was considered really good and you had no idea why.

like you enjoyed it but in retrospect you think "huh that was kind of mediocre" but then you play it and the music the voice acting all the charm and polish and all that shit just blows you away.

well transistor has none of that.

looks pretty but it really just didn't work like basiton. It needed an edge of its own. it was just lightning in a bottle but no one knew how that anology worked.
>>
>>388273189
Oralech was kind of a dick, I dunno why anyone would choose him

I mean if I was going to give any opponents freedom instead in the first place, it would be the Fate
>>
>>388273374
Transistor was just too short, Logan Cunningham's voice wasn't used to 100% effectiveness, and the levels felt very samey
>>
>>388273414
If Oralech beats you he gives up his chance to leave to you and makes up with sandalwood
>>
>>388268685
I found it to be a game trying to have a "deep story" that in reality was as simple as hell, but obscured and you needed to read a lot of shit to make sense out of it, and trying to ride in the "Bastion narration hype"

I didn't also liked that by the end of the game the combat becomes piss easy, although the final boss and the ending are pretty cool
>>
>>388268990
>Just a meme
That word has lost all meaning on this board.
>>
>>388268685
It's their weakest game, but still very good in general.
Bit on the short side if you don't NG+
>>
>>388269959
>Doesn't mean that you have to be contrarian and declare them as bad
Where do you think we are?
>>
File: 3552452.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
3552452.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>388268760
>backtracking, the game
>>
>>388274110
It's a metroidvania, of course it has backtracking, you moron.
>>
>>388273845
>I didn't also liked that by the end of the game the combat becomes piss easy
play newgame+
>>
a duo boss fight with processed Asher and Grant would have made Transistor a lot more enjoyable imo
>>
>>388268990
>Transistor seems to be the only good one.
>Transistor is hardly cyberpunk.
>Fucking Observer_ was on the Steam front page for days.

Jesus christ dude. Just look. Like for fuck sake, look.
>>
>>388268685
all this cyberpunk talk is making me miss Dystopia
>>
File: b62.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
b62.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>>388274249
>50% of the game is backtracking filler, but it's a metroidvania so it's ok
>>
>>388274323
I tried, couldn't, maybe next year, some of the moments were clearly leading up to boss fights but it didn't do anything with it
>>
>>388268685
I thought Bastion was pretty good and was pretty interested in Transistor but I couldn't even finish it
>>
>>388268685
totally fills my cuck fetish. I invite black guys over to bang my gf while I pretend to be a sword just like the mc did
>>
>>388268760
FPBP. I consider anyone who doesn't like this game subhuman.
>>
>>388269994
g2a?
>>
File: 1503542252822.gif (734KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503542252822.gif
734KB, 200x200px
Trust me, It's just a meme, sure is fun, but it's too short (as expected from an indie shit), the plot isn't bad but it's really far from being clever, combat is fun, but the game is 0 challenging, and final boss even less.

Graphics and Music are nice.
Pirate it or just buy something else.
Fun fact: Transistor OST sold even more than the actual game.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.