[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 1497915033278m.jpg (112KB, 630x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497915033278m.jpg
112KB, 630x1024px
What went right ?
>>
The chemistry engine, the general direction it goes in in regards to the series, landmarking
>>
>>388264791

It's an open-world game where exploration is actually fun.
>>
>>388264791
Bosses not being a hit the big eye tree times.
They were too similar in design but at least they were actual bosses
>>
The art direction is beautiful, and I really liked the music, and just the somewhat somber tone of it.
>>
>>388265273

Hyrule Castle was fucking incredible from the level design to the music. Nothing else in the game compares to exploring Hyrule Castle with the Master Sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DcFR0Jd--k
>>
File: 1485774753692.jpg (35KB, 470x236px) Image search: [Google]
1485774753692.jpg
35KB, 470x236px
Have to admit, it's an incredible game, and I'm as far from being a Nintendo fanboi as you can get.

It suffers from some of the same issues which plague all open world games - enemy repetition and difficulty balancing for example. But these feel like minor inevitable nitpicks. It blows every other open world adventure game clean out of the water. It's honestly astonishing what Nintendo achieved, on the tech they used.
>>
File: power meh.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
power meh.gif
428KB, 200x183px
For once exploration was interesting and felt like an adventure.
The engine was fun as fuck and let to good freedom of actions.

Now if only the rest of the game's mechanics were as good as those.
>>
>>388264791
cemu
>>
>>388265153
>Put an arrow directly into the eye they all have
>They slump to the ground
>Walk over for free hits
>Use Stasis+ for a few more
>Repeat
You didn't have to but it was still a thing
>>
>>388264927
this
It's a first.
>>
File: 1499208362659.jpg (24KB, 231x175px) Image search: [Google]
1499208362659.jpg
24KB, 231x175px
nice looking world but nothing too interesting in it.
tho my main problem with it was the difficulty, it's just too fucking easy.
with that difficulty it just could've been another dark cloud 1 but without any combat, a walking and exploring simulator.
>>
GOTY.
>>
>>388264791
MULTIPLICATIVE GAMEPLAY
Fujibayashi earned back all of my respect.
>>
File: 1503505919762.png (1MB, 1280x1690px) Image search: [Google]
1503505919762.png
1MB, 1280x1690px
>>388264791
This.
>>
>>388264791
An open world with a physics engine that lets you do a ton of interesting things in. It has some huge flaws, but there's just so much stuff that makes up for it for me.
>>
>>388265513
Jesus Christ, if the next Zelda has the same composer, please, PLEASE give them some more freedom. When this game's ost shines, it's shines really bright, but you never get the chance to hear it.
>>
>>388264791
They gave Monolith Soft the chance to design one of the best open worlds ever made, and they did a stellar job.
>>
>>388264791
The great plateau is one of the best tutorials ever made.
>>
>>388268563
Holy shit, this. It's funny, The Great Plateau is legitimately one of the best parts of the game, only topped by a few things like Hyrule Castle among other things.
>>
>>388268563
Have to agree with this. The Great Plateau is an absolute masterclass in game design. They should be teaching this at Video Game School.
>>
I enjoy this game. I really do. I play it generally every day. It's a Zelda game that's on the track to the Zelda game I've always wanted.

I don't; however, enjoy the weapon system. The durability is poor. I don't enjoy the defense mechanisms of the armor.
I don't enjoy how you get stronger and find silver blobs everywhere. Why weren't there at least one or two in the beginning when you were low?
I don't enjoy how empty the game is. Every area, there are no enemies roaming the world. There are no enemies roaming the forests. They're all in camps. There's only one "human" type of enemy in the game and it's rare to run into them.

I enjoy the game, but it's not what I thought it was gonna be.
>>
>>388268362
Monolith Soft turned out to be the best acquisition ever.
>>
File: kermit2.png (499KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
kermit2.png
499KB, 1200x630px
>>388268968
BoTW is legitimately one of my favorite games I've ever played, and I'm not afraid to say that. The first 10 hours or so were some of the most fun I've ever had playing vidya. I still vividly remember hiding from guardians and looting the ruins near Hyrule Castle. If there's anything I want in the next Zelda, it's that I want them to expand upon what BoTW was. Give us more enemies, more imaginative and creative areas, give us an open world that's as weird as Majora's world was. Also, give us more dungeons. A successor to BoTW has a massive amount of potential.
>>
File: Agent Cooper.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Agent Cooper.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
Here's some things I didn't like

>Fast Travel
Always bugs me when the context for it is essentially "it's magic lol". Also kinda makes horses obsolete.

>No diving
Could have had some sick as fuck underwater caves and shrines.

>Every major dungeon, shrine and boss share the same visual design
Second biggest flaw.

>Huge snow area but no comfy as fuck snowy village where you can chill in some comfy Inn and enjoy some hot cocoa by the fireplace as a snowstorm rages outside
Biggest flaw. Almost gamebreaking to be honest.

Still love it though.
>>
>>388269852
>Huge snow area but no comfy as fuck snowy village where you can chill in some comfy Inn and enjoy some hot cocoa by the fireplace as a snowstorm rages outside
This. In a game that's meant to be comfy as fuck, it's missing a comfy as fuck village.
>>
Exploring in this game was the best open world expierence I've ever had, Elder scrolls, witcher or Ubisoft games don't come close.
everything else wasn't so good
>>
I don't know how, but this game achieves making just going about, exploring, and doing whatever very enjoyable. I thought I would miss traditional Zelda dungeons and stuff, but in the end, I don't.
But don't get me wrong, I would love a mix between BOTW and traditional dungeons and new objects to pick up.
But I don't know how that combination could work, because the freedom and enjoying the game without doing anything precise beside exploring is what makes BotW good on its own.
>>
>>388265513
This game needs a SFX slider so fucking bad.
>>
>>388268563
I love the Great Plateau so much, it's unironically my favorite part of the game because I consider this game a 10/10 that slowly drops to a 7/10 near the end. The beginning is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a while.
>>
>>388269483
A combination of what made MM and BOTW good would be so fucking incredible that I'm certain it will never happen. A BOTW-style open world with Majora's Mask atmosphere and characters would be an instant 10 for me
I don't want to think about it too much because I get sad at the fact Nintendo would never do it
>>
File: zeldaboobsd.jpg (399KB, 1120x630px) Image search: [Google]
zeldaboobsd.jpg
399KB, 1120x630px
>>388264791

-Returned to what Zelda should have always been, free roaming exploration
-Total hands off; makes both story and progression totally optional
-Good example of graphical design > graphical power
-BotW didn't do anything unique but still feels like the definitive open world game because it took the best elements of a dozen other games; it also implemented many things that are only found in mods in other open world games (Skyrim)
-Didn't shrink away from having lewd jokes and scenes just to get a lower rating
-Desert and snow areas actually have an impact on your character
-Aonouma lowered his pride and let Fujibayashi and Monolithsoft make the game they wanted

Now, there's still plenty of things the game could have done better. Combat isn't bad, but it isn't amazing. Shrines get old. Music gets old. Voices are horrible and shouldn't have been in the game at all. It needs an underworld. NPCs could have more variety and personality. But hopefully the next Zelda game will retain every BotW did and fix these things as well.
>>
>>388269852
>Fast Travel
Just don't use it. That's what I do.
I agree with all of the other ones. The no diving and no snowy village are the worst offenders.
>tfw no underwater Zora's Domain
>tfw Zora Armor doesn't give you the ability to swim like a fish
>>
>>388274082
I just wish the fast travel was not magic. Like for example have a trader caravan go between the villages and stables and you could pay the caravan to take you to those places. It would force you to use your horse more because the caravans can't go everywhere. Morrowind did something like this and if I remember right so did Red Dead Redemption.
>>
File: 653678.jpg (306KB, 962x1454px) Image search: [Google]
653678.jpg
306KB, 962x1454px
her
>>
>>388275541

I agree, Zelda should have done something else. Like the underground paths in Zelda 1. This would have also given them an opportunity to have a mini dungeon. In order to use an underground path, you would first need to walk through it, clearing out monsters and activating shiekah technology. Then every other time you go to that path, you automatically warp.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.