[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paper Mario Pro Mode refuses to work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Pro mode.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pro mode.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Hey, I've been spending the past few hours trying to get this to work. I followed the installation instructions perfectly, and this thing still crashes my emulator instantly. Yes, I've made sure it's running at 8mb. I have no idea what's going wrong. Anyone willing to help this retard out?
>>
File: ss (2017-08-25 at 07.33.51).png (41KB, 550x1486px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-25 at 07.33.51).png
41KB, 550x1486px
What emulator are you using? What plugins are you using (I recommend GLideN64)? What error do you get? If it's PJ64 did you make sure you add the rom entry into the Project64.rdb file (should look like the bottom of this image & you should get the text file containing what to paste after you patch the rom)?
>>
>>388264262
Yes, I am using Project64, and I am using GLideN64. I checked, and all of my settings are identical to yours. The only difference I can see is our version of GLideN64, I'm using the Public Release 2.0 version
>>
>>388264262
>>388264994
Also, it doesn't give me any specific error. I boot the rom, the emulator freezes, and then Windows reports that Project64 has crashed.
>>
File: ss (2017-08-25 at 07.55.27).png (75KB, 510x3220px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-25 at 07.55.27).png
75KB, 510x3220px
>>388264994
>>388265289
Well what version of PJ64 is it & does the normal PM64 work for you? I'm using 2.3.2.202. Also I don't think it's related but just to make sure here are my settings for GLideN64. If we're exactly the same & it doesn't work I'm sorry to say I don't know how to help.
>>
>>388265759
Yeah, we're using the same version of PJ64, and yes, vanilla PM boots/plays normally. It's still not working, but thanks for taking the time out to help me anyway. Appreciate it.
>>
>>388265759
>>388266412
Okay, update. I switched to GLideN64 Public Release 1.2, and now it seems to be working fine. The graphics were fucked at first, but a little fiddling cleared it up.
>>
File: Mario Thumbs-up Big.png (3KB, 336x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mario Thumbs-up Big.png
3KB, 336x400px
>>388267413
Good to hear then, now enjoy the game. By the way switch to a different plugin when you go into dark rooms you need Watt for (like Shy Guy's Toybox where you meet the Lantern Ghost, the Whale's mouth & a portion of Bowser's Castle) since GLideN64 crashes the emulator on those parts for some reason. Also the rom hack in general crashes randomly (Like on the Goomba King rematch, hitting the tree in thew background crashes the game after the battle finishes whether you win or die and if you kill the Red Koopa Bro first in their rematch the game will crash). But yeah, have fun.
>>
Pro mode? Wtf is that?
>>
>Pro Mode

Why?
>>
File: new area.png (512KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
new area.png
512KB, 640x480px
>>388268965
It's a rom hack meant to demonstrate the new modding tools for PM64, it adds new Badges, new attacks from enemies, new enemies in general, a few new areas, the ability to rematch all main bosses in this new area and some other shit. It's pretty fun honestly, I'm on my second run since I just found out talking to Luigi in the Castle during the introduction lets you do a run where you have 64BP but you can't level up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxr5B0qZ8i0
>>
Can anyone tell me how this mod is? I've been meaning to try it out

>>388269020
don't ask questions you know the answer for, it just makes you look desperate for replies
>>
>tfw can't play it on actual hardware
Why can't people hack the game to make use of the expansion pack?
>>
>>388269346

I honestly can't think of a reason aside from OP having autism.
>>
>>388269346
Besides what >>388269293 said, damage dealt is doubled, and you can meet some harder enemies earlier. Like, bzzaps appear in random encounters in forever forest and can deal 12 damage if you don't guard.
>>
>>388273480
I meant damage dealt to you if that wasn't clear.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.