[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this franchise still hold up nowadays? Any games I should skip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Splinter-Cell-Split-jump.jpg (297KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter-Cell-Split-jump.jpg
297KB, 1280x720px
Does this franchise still hold up nowadays? Any games I should skip?
>>
>>388260547
yes it does
I replayed Chaos Theory co-op in July and had a blast
>>
>>388260547
>Does this franchise still hold up nowadays?
Yes.

>Any games I should skip?
Everything after Double Agent.
>>
>>388260740
What version? The steam version shits the bed in Coop and nothing we've tried has worked
>>
>>388261605
OG Xbox because my friend still has two
>>
>>388260547
Yeah, and they're all good games.
>>
>Original
Perhaps a bit aged, but holds up well enough to be enjoyable. Recommended.
>Pandora Tomorrow
Worse than the original, plays pretty much the same but has surprisingly shitty level design at times. Playable, but no big harm in skipping it.
>Chaos Theory
THE Splinter Cell game to play, the reason why people remember the series fondly. One of best stealth games ever, just play this.
>Double Agent
Meh. The actual missions are just ok-ish at best, but it has horrible base missions that feel like padding and are a bore to play. Not good.
>Conviction
Jack Bauer shit. Doesn't feel like a Splinter Cell game at all.
>Blacklist
Suprisingly good. The game gives you toys that would allow for you to play it like Conviction 2.0, but the missions are good enough that you can actually play it full stealth and you also have the necessary gadgets for it too. Mostly very solid level design, the greatest nag here is that the nu-Sam Fisher is a boring main character without the dark charm that old Sam had.
>>
>>388261949
It's a shame that they ruined Fisher in Blacklist. It's a good game even now, but it would be great if it had Ironside's voice and that dark sense of humor that Ironside's Fisher used to have.
>>
>>388261949
I heard that the 6th gen version of DA was better than the 7th gen version.
>>
>>388262318
I actually liked nu-Sam desu, at least voice and body language-wise. I just wish they gave him a personality better than "intense military dude wants to catch terrorists". Let him do interrogations and mentally torture the bad guys, give him some dark, fucked up sense of humor. I get that they didn't want to mimic Ironside, but there's so many ways to make nu-Sam interesting.
>>
>>388262849
It is. Not quite as good as Chaos Theory, but still closer to it than the 7th gen Double Agent.

Leave it for Ubi to put the shittier team working the version that will reach the bigger audience, and the better team to work the last-gen version that almost nobody will actually play. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>388262849
Why though?
>>
>>388263862
A different team altogether made it. It has the same plot premise, but it's actually a completely different game.
>>
File: rare kief.png (2MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
rare kief.png
2MB, 1916x1076px
>>388261949
Thanks anon
>>
>>388263862
It's made by the Chaos Theory team
>>
>>388260547
Chaos Theory the GOAT.

Skip everything else.
>>
>Does it hold up?
Yes!
>Any I should skip?
Double Agent 7th gen version is actually inferior to the 6th gen version, so make sure you get that right. Anons like to shit on Conviction, but I had some fun playing it, though it's much different from the games before it. I can't comment on Blacklist as I haven't played it.
>>
>>388261817
Fuck.
All my 6th gen consoles and games were all stolen from my parents' house years ago.
>>
>>388265796

Do you have a half ass PC? just emulate a console version if you really don't wanna play the PC version. Gamecube version probably emulates very well on Dolphin.
>>
File: sc ranking.jpg (496KB, 1500x637px) Image search: [Google]
sc ranking.jpg
496KB, 1500x637px
Don't mind me.
>>
File: porknbeans.jpg (184KB, 472x631px) Image search: [Google]
porknbeans.jpg
184KB, 472x631px
Am i the only one who liked conviction, sure it was completely different than the rest but it was still fun.
>>
>>388263862
local co-op, slight differences in SP.
>>
>>388267239
It wasn't a bad game by any means.
>>
>>388267239

Nope. I said I liked it up above. It's definitely not a typical stealth game. It mostly just felt like a Bourne Identity simulator or something where beating the shit out of people was more important than stealth.
>>
>le "Double Agent is bad" meme
Ebin.
>>
>>388260547
How many times do you think he has failed making that jump?
>>
>>388267239
It's a good Jack Bauer simulator.
>>
>Those phonecalls to Sarah in Blacklist

Imagine how much better they would be with Ironside.
>>
>>388271524
Ironside doesn't give a shit anymore, he would've completely phoned it in, no pun intended. Conviction already sounded like he barely cared.

They should've removed any traces of Sarah altogether, a totally cringeworthy attempt at "look, the big bad man has a heart!".
>>
Hey guys just wanted to shill latest hitman real quick, cant get enough of it season 2 plz
>>
>>388272826
Will it get S2?
>>
>>388273079
Yeah
>>
>>388273243
Didn't they go bankrupt?
>>
So does anyone know the best way to play the 6th gen trilogy on PC? I tried Chaos Theory on Steam but the fucking controls are cancer It dosent feel right on a m+kb
>>
>>388274704
Read the thread dude.
>>
>>388260547
Skip convictions. Play from Chaos Theory, Double Agent, and Blacklist (not as good as the former, but still playable)
>>
>>388260547
Do you like linear trial and error stealth? If not avoid the first two games.
>>
>>388272826
Hitman was never good.
>>
File: 1492853223621.jpg (103KB, 601x665px) Image search: [Google]
1492853223621.jpg
103KB, 601x665px
>>388272826
>always online bullshit
>retarded time exclusive content which has all expired by now

>>388274483
It lost Squenix a lot of money so they allowed the devs to buy themselves out along with the hitman license.
>>
So is there ever a sequel coming out?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.