[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout DLC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: dead money.jpg (39KB, 350x432px) Image search: [Google]
dead money.jpg
39KB, 350x432px
I've just now finished my first play through of New Vegas and it was great, I had such a nice idea of giving House the chip because it was my job as a courier, then doing something else because I had no reason to further work for him, play Honest Hearts and decide that tribalism is so shitty and I don't want that in Mojave, so I help House win, then have my character gamble all his money away to give him reason to start Dead Money and the rest of the dlc.
Except the game fucking ended. What were you supposed do if you played the game while it was new? Made a new character every time a new DLC came out? It's so fucking dumb that I'm stuck out of the game, and I'll have to wait at least a year untill I'll want to play it again.
>>
is this a bait thread
>>
The game literally saves right after the final battle of the dam.
>>
File: Charles and Anne.png (3MB, 2944x4972px) Image search: [Google]
Charles and Anne.png
3MB, 2944x4972px
>>388253496
or ESL
>>
>>388253595
It saved right before, in lucky 38

>>388253496
what am I missing here?
>>
>>388254093
The game warns you when endgame is about to begin and if you manage to miss the warning, it saves so you can return to pre-end game and continue playing.
>>
>>388254510
That I figured but it's pretty dumb to do in game months of dlc during the most important battle of the game
And it's pretty dumb how you're always rushed by the main questgivers to do their shit, makes it weird to pause and go do dlc
>>
>>388255509
>That I figured but it's pretty dumb to do in game months of dlc during the most important battle of the game
You don't have that excuse since, I assume, you're playing well after launch with all DLC released.

>And it's pretty dumb how you're always rushed by the main questgivers to do their shit, makes it weird to pause and go do dlc
That's endemic to the genre. Sidequests and exploration don't make sense when you've got an ancient evil the story really wants to get across is a priority.
>>
>>388256015
I really don't like being that guy, but how is it to go Morrowind-like and tell the PC, nah you're not strong enough quite yet, go do some other shit and come back to me after 10 levels
>>
>>388255509
Few games manage that well.
Is that what they call ludonarrative dissonance?

But yeah, constantly being railroaded down the questline isn't best for games that give you sidequests and missions that seem to take up alot of their own time.
Atleast new Vegas isn't as bad as other games though. Oblivion had the oblivion gates constantly sitting out demons and yet you could go for a wild romp around sheogorath's realm whenever you wanted
>>
>>388256625
>Few games manage that well.
I guess.
Good thing I have a save right before I shoot Benny at Caesar's camp, the only place in the game where it makes sense to stall the main quest.

>Oblivion had the oblivion gates constantly sitting out demons and yet you could go for a wild romp around sheogorath's realm whenever you wanted
At least you can keep playing after the mq

Hey thanks for the chat man, have a good one
>>
>>388256524
Congratulations anon. While writing that I was thinking, "Oh, Morrowind did a good job avoiding that, but that's the most famous example of it. Otherwise, it is endemic to the genre. So yes, it is possible for a story to avoid that dissonance, but most don't, relying on the player to suspend their disbelief.
>>
Wait - in fallout 3 it lets you play after beating the game if you downloaded the dlcs, but in new vegas it won't?
>>
>>388258194
Yeah. Once you initiate the Hoover Dam sequence there's no going back but the game warns you before you do it.
>>
>>388258194
>>388253336
New Vegas doesn't let you play after the game ends because depending on what you do in the main quest, the ending is wildly different each time. Every storyline that gets mentioned in the ending slide show has 3-15 different possible slides, and because New Vegas was rushed through development in 9 months they couldn't account for all of the possible outcomes in the actual game engine.

There is a mod to continue playing after the game ends but it doesn't change anything. Like if you side with the Legion and conquer the Vegas Strip in the ending slide show, the Strip will still be normal and not conquered by Legion after the credits finish.

Fallout 3 on the other hand let you continue after the game was over because there was only one ending.
>>
>do you want to lock yourself in this vault ?
Wow i wonder if there are consequences if you press this option ?
>>
>>388258824
I remember a video that showed there is actually dialogue recorded for after the ending of NV, like Freeside residents mentioning who won and Mr New Vegas doing the same, as well as other dialogue.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>388253336
>mfw i just realized this dumbfuck got stuck in the vault
>>
It's for the best that nv doesn't allow you to play after the main quest is finished since the devs had a hard enough time making a complete game without delving into tweaks for all the different possible outcomes.
>>
>>388261103
>>388258824
Guess I didn't think of that since I played House and I imagine nothing would have to change after finishing the game
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.