[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Matchmaking killed multiplayer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1492012328633.jpg (2MB, 1200x771px) Image search: [Google]
1492012328633.jpg
2MB, 1200x771px
>no more private community servers with dedicated admins
>no more personal, intimate community interactions
>just random shuffling from skirmish to skirmish
>people more interested in their quasi-esports rank and watching numbers go up than being engaged with the game

It's kind of weird to think of the golden age of multiplayer being gone, and these things we took for granted would just be replaced like that.
>>
I totally agree that matchmaking ruins games but for different reasons.

I hate hate HATE waiting for a game to show up when I could have just searched from a list.

Did I mention I hate it?
>>
i would say it's time for team fortress 3 but valve is dead as a developer
>>
yes well it probably has something to do with piracy i bet
>>
>>388214673
100% this. I used to be able to wake up on a day off and get my energy for the day by drifting through several TF2 servers. All fully populated, then DC and continue with my day.
Now feels like renting space. "I am committing to play pretend E Sports with a bunch of randoms for the next full match, when it finishes I can stop or vote for the same 3 maps."
>>
Matchmaking is like a fat man on a treadmill when you play with friends because it struggles to find a good game with the right amount of open spots.

Best example of this is Star Wars battlefront.
>>
>>388214673
Plus another problem with Matchmaking is how cuts any attachment to the game and the players.

Look at games like assfaggots, everybody always blame the guy next to them while if this was a regular server everybody will had a giggle because they know eacch other for a couple of hours.
>>
File: 1503076338357.png (209KB, 718x831px) Image search: [Google]
1503076338357.png
209KB, 718x831px
>>388214673
They wanted to please Ranked fags and they ended up fuckign up for both casuals and ranked players.

I also kinda hate all the nerf defensive characters had. sentries are pretty much a waste of time since a demoman can pose more of a threat than a level 3 sentry. Heavy is now a underpowered giant target that is only usable if he has a pocket medic.

I uninstalled the game yesterday after trying to play casual and ending up in 3 different empty servers and waiting more than 5 minutes for it to actually have players.

I'll probably play again when the pyro and heavy updates come but i ain't holdin my breath.

Too bad there is no game to fill the hole TF2 left me.
>>
File: sadhelper.jpg (75KB, 1024x962px) Image search: [Google]
sadhelper.jpg
75KB, 1024x962px
>>388217848
>Too bad there is no game to fill the hole TF2 left me.
this
>>
>>388214673
What's so bad about just jumping into a game?

It was also annoying when my favourite server was full and I had to look for some other shit and get kicked for killing the admins gf
>>
>>388219448
TF2 was a one-off, that came at the right time and did everything perfectly during its heyday.

>community servers
>infrastructure for community modding already in place from CS:S
>basically defined modern class-based shooters, with heavy testing and tweaking beforehand to make an ideal shooter and cut down on frustrating elements, like the removal of grenades to cut down on spam, and the domination/revenge system acting as positive/negative reinforcement to encourage people to prioritize and play smartly
>gameplay encouraged teamwork actively
>lots of free high profile updates for years
>with CS:S being more popular and functionally acting as containment, TF2's playerbase was overwhelmingly American and from western Europe
>COD4 came out at the same time, literally a month after the Orange Box, so TF2's playerbase also skewed much older
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.