[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIshonored Death of the Outsider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10

File: header[1].jpg (34KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
34KB, 460x215px
Anyone looking forward to this
>>
I was super excited for it until I've read the recent IGN interview. Especially this part:

>Although Death of the Outsider’s chapters won’t be themed like they were in Dishonored 2 (“there simply wasn’t time”, says Carrier), levels have been crafted with a sense of on-the-fly playfulness.

Now I'm much more cautious.
>>
>>388211001
>sense of on-the-fly playfulness.
What does that even mean?

There is gameplay. I'm subbed to gamespot and there is a 7min and 35min gameplay vids in my youtube subs.
I don't want to watch it though as this is the last new game I will be buying this year.
>>
>>388210649
I preordered the day it was announced. Dishonored is GOAT. I've played all the games countless times, read the comics and the Corroded Man novel, etc. I'll buy anything and everything related to Dishonored.
>>
>>388211349
>I preordered the day it was announced.
same, I love the games. i try not to play them too much though so they don't lose their magic.
I'm gonna play 1+dlc and 2 the days before this comes out.
>>
>>388211267

They now know exactly what kind of abilities you will have at what point of the game. This enables them to make more handcrafted encounters, that you will be expected go play through in a certain way.

Honestly, I'm ok with this, but I don't like the fact that they are implying that levels will be more "generic", without so many distinct locations as in Dishonored 2. My favourite part of Dishonored 2 were the levels, their variety and gimmicks.
>>
>>388211823
Clockwork Mansion & Crack in the Slab, by themselves, are more impressive, creative, and fun than any other entire game I've played in years. Arkane is absolutely GOAT.
>>
I'm looking backward to it.
>>
>>388211823
So is this a obscure way of them saying the game is linear?
Or that the powers are gained linear but the missions are still, open ended.
OG+, where we can use Corvo and Emiliys powers after completing it is confirmed so that's brilliant.
I am really hoping that they do a patch that gives us Billies powers in Dishonored 2 too.
>>
I love dishonored games buy i'll wait for the crack, because i'm not gonna spend money on a shitty port again.
>>
Not really. Dishonored was a good game but the series has progressively become less and less interesting in terms of both its gameplay and its narrative. And since the narrative is tied heavily into the game, you can't really escape the latter part being a drag.

There's a reason that sales keep declining.
>>
>>388211349
>>388211568
same here lol.
I bought the Premium Collector's edition for only 119.99$ and I can't wait for the new dlc!
>>
File: 5671[2].jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5671[2].jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>>388212873
if a poorfag is rich, does that make a richfag gay
>>
>>388212738
>The game has become less and less interesting in terms of it's gameplay
What did he mean by this
>>
>>388210649
>black female on cover
>presumably the protagonist
>no autisic screeching about "muh SJWs"
>no "reeeee fucking feminist"
>no " WE WUZ" posts
>no /pol bait
Am I really on /v?
>>
>>388211996

Agree, Dishonored 2 is my second favourite game of this decade and I loved those two levels.

>>388212647

From what I gather from the interview: you gain powers in a linear fashion (you start with 3 and then later you gain one more). And so they know that all players will have exactly those abilities at that point of the game and can make an encounter that demands from you using some kind of ability (it was impossible to do this in Dishonored 2 since players could have very different abilities at any point of the game). I don't think the game itself will be linear, they still want to do open levels... but maybe with some a little more focused paths? Not sure how exactly it will play out, but honestly I love both Dishonored 2 and Prey, so I have faith in these guys.
>>
>>388213183
The game is too good for casuals to shitpost the thread up. It's not assassin's Creed or battlefield
>>
>>388210649
I 100% unironically dont know if thats a woman or a man in the cover...
>>
File: ayo.png (196KB, 367x367px) Image search: [Google]
ayo.png
196KB, 367x367px
>>388210649

WE
>>
>>388210649
I'll wait for performance reports on PC, but other than that yeah
>>
>>388213183
>>388213278

Guys, you are basically asking for /pol/ to invade this thread.
>>
File: nonna dis madders.jpg (29KB, 366x268px) Image search: [Google]
nonna dis madders.jpg
29KB, 366x268px
>>388213274
>DH2
>good
>not casual
>>
>>388213438
>muh pol invasion

calm your fucking its
>>
>>388210649

is that a nigger AND a female?

jesus christ
>>
>>388213204
I'm a massive fan or Arkane games too, Prey has been my fav game after BotW this year and Dishonored 2 was my GOTY last year.

Yeah I see what you mean, so they can build the levels and make puzzle sequences or the like around a certain set of powers, though with OG+ the levels will be able to be freely explored eventually. Will be good to see what they can come up with.
I like that in DotO, you wont have to be hunting for mana pots, her powers recharge on their own.
>>
File: sdfhjstdo.jpg (17KB, 473x333px) Image search: [Google]
sdfhjstdo.jpg
17KB, 473x333px
>>388210649
Playing as Billie and giving her powers is turning me off from the game. Feels too forced.
>>
>>388213183
To make things worse, she's a disabled black bisexual ex-lesbian woman protagonist
>>
>>388210649
>Billie as the protag

Meh, I'm going to play it but I honestly don't care much for Billie. I fucking hate Daud but Daud is cool, at least.
>>
File: hands-on-avegant-glyph.jpg (30KB, 530x297px) Image search: [Google]
hands-on-avegant-glyph.jpg
30KB, 530x297px
>>388213557

>Prey
>people either love it or hate it

I don't want to just buy it, but I'm not sure if it's even worth the effort to pirate
>>
>>388213454
>>DH2
>>good
>>not casual

The game was designed to be beaten without powers.

How the fuck is it casual? Have you beaten it without any powers on higher difficulties in stealth playthroughs?
>>
>>388213540

Sure, I must be just imagining things:

>>388213370
>>388213545
>>388213594
>>
>>388213671
I thought it was a pretty good game, but not on the level of Dishonored. They JUST released a demo on Steam.
>>
>>388213751

I did this in the first game. I called it Garret Difficulty.

The game is a lot more fun when you don't spam blink.
>>
>>388213183
She was in the first game and was reasonable.

It's not a huge asspull.
>>
>>388213830
>black
>female
>handicapped
>lesbian
Yeah this is perfectly okay for a protagonist of an action game. Why not do a game with mexicans too? Arriba! Taco taco Home Depot luchadore! Dishonored 3 ese! We show you the cartel no fuck around!
>>
>>388213830

No you're just too retarded to know what false flag posting is. But it works on simple minded apes like you.

>anything remotely anti black or just some dump post
>MUH POL *CHIMP SCREECHING*
>>
>>388213557

Yeah, the thing with recharging powers sounds interesting and it really seems that it will encourage more experimentation with powers. Optional contracts also sound fun, especially since there are (always?) specific objectives added to them, like e.g. you have to make the assassination look like suicide or kill someone in a certain spot. Honestly, the only thing I'm afraid of are those confirmed reused levels from dishonored 2 and the lack of "themed levels"

>>388213671
If you like Bioshock then you will most likely like Prey. Just play on the highest difficulty for much more interesting enemy encounters.
>>
>>388213671
it's really good, story is ok, weapons and powers are great, but the real gem is the open ended level design, and free roaming in zero g outside the space station.
>>
I still have to finish my two High Chaos Dishonored 2 runs, need to get on to it.
But I have this shit pre-ordered and will play it when it launches. I love Dishonored and it's a shame this is probably the last of the series we will ever see. R.I.P. Arkane, you were too good for this world.
>>
>>388213671
it doesn't really do anything new with the 'immersive sim' formula, and the enemy variety is shit but other than that it's looking like my GOTY
>>
File: 1463915729519.png (217KB, 484x488px) Image search: [Google]
1463915729519.png
217KB, 484x488px
>>388211349
>read the comics and the Corroded Man novel
The Corroded Man novel was so fucking cool

>You will never play a Dishonored game with Corroded Man's reflection ability
Why even live?
>>
>>388214187
>confirmed reused levels from dishonored 2
really!
there has to be original levels too though.
Still if they are reusing levels from D2 they must give us Billies powers in D2
>>
>>388211996
I didn't like Crack in the Slab, to be honest. It felt too gimmicky.
>>
>>388213183
Oh, don't you worry, when the game was announced, we had no shortage of /pol/tards spamming about it. But they moved on to whatever the current drama is now.
>>
>>388214460
I also thought that it got a bit straining to constantly fiddle with the mirror, still a cool idea

also fuck that key on the chair
>>
>>388214059

You have no way to distuingish /pol/tards from trolls, every post I quoted made in this thread could have easily be made by either of them. There are plenty of people with retarded views on /v/, if you want to believe that none of them are retarded alt-rights but just trolls then have it your way, but I firmly believe that you are the one being naive.
>>
File: mysoulwhen.png (55KB, 178x226px) Image search: [Google]
mysoulwhen.png
55KB, 178x226px
>>388214229

>free roaming in zero g

Alright, this sold me. Fuck it, it can't be worse than the time I bought DayZ standalone on release.
>>
>>388214410

I believe Harvey Smith said that we will be visiting locations from Dishonored 2, though sometimes they will be changed to the point of being hardly recognizable. And that there will be also completely new levels of course. Not sure what the ratio between them will be, guess we will have to see.
>>
>>388214782
Slight spoiler but it doesn't tell you in game, more of an easter egg type of thing.

Try find the guy buy the big sign outside the space station
>>
>>388215034
probably similar to D1 dlc then, revisiting areas and new areas
>>
>>388213579
Billie always had outsider powers
>>
>>388215362
>>388213579

She is using OP artifacts and not powers given by the Outsider. Also, I think Billie only had some powers that Daud shared with her and his other underlings, she never was at the level of Corvo, Daud or Emily.
>>
>>388214057
Next thing we'll see games about the filthy Catholics!

>>388214410
They did the same thing with Daud and coldridge prison was virtually unrecognisable when you play it in reverse.
>>
>>388215362
>Billie always had outsider powers

No, she had powers shared by Daud, as did everyone under him. It has part of Daud's power. When she left Daud's service she lost them.
>>
>>388210649
how progressive, a QUILTBAG ugly, manly disabled black 'woman'! did anita design 'her'?
>>
>>388214460
Crack in the slab was easily one of the worst levels for me. Didn't particularly like the gimmick, didn't like how easy it was to just escape into the present or the puzzles surrounding it. It also didn't really feel like being an assassin on the prowl to any meaningful degree.
>>
>>388210649
I'm down for it, Dishonored 2 was a lot of fun.
>>
Loved Dishonored 2, loved Prey 2, preordered this one.
>>
>>388217094
>Loved Dishonored 2, loved Prey 2
so you have shit taste
>>
>>388216697
The mission was a puzzle, that is all, it's not hard and if you are just running through it all not caring about getting caught it takes 5 mins.
the real test is stealth no powers and collecting loot while doing it.
It's a great mission and great level design
>>
>>388217373
Kys son
>>
I smell lots of reddit in here.
>>
>>388217495
I see you accept the truth; you have shit taste.
>>
>>388217420
>>388216697
Playing the level in titanfall 2 that did that felt super relieving, as you could just run around and shotgun fools instead of sneaking and quickloading.

The transition also happens instantly with a click rather than the horrible warping in D2
>>
>>388217373
Nah, they're both great games. It is you who has shit taste.
>>
>>388214686
>You have no way to distuingish /pol/tards from trolls,
they are exactly the same anon. a serious shitpost and an ironic shitpost are exactly the same thing. respond to both exactly the same; by laughing it off
>>
>>388217838
shit I forgot about that level, yeah it was pretty good.
>>
>>388217936
>>388217495
samefag redditor
>>
>>388211823
crack in the slab is where i put the controller down for good (inadvertently) after that level i just was not as into the game. it was just kind of a dumb level that did nothing for me. it didnt feel right.

clockwork mansion was cool but stumbled upon the pathway around the back of the castley part way too early which basically cut the level in half (i think)
also what with the Bethesda talk today? is it because of the sale?
>>
>>388218147
Is crack in the slab the time traveling mission? Same here pal, maybe I'd have more fun with it if I didn't autistically insist on playing a "canon" run through, which in my kind is Corvo with no powers
>>
>>388218067

you got him good anon. now better check the other threads and see if there are some of those nasty redditors there!
>>
>>388218497
mind, not kind
>>
>>388213183
/pol/ faggots cannot be everywhere at once. They have to shit up /co/, /vg/,/v/, and all the other popular boards too. They aren't bitching about this yet because they haven't gotten their marching orders to do so yet. They will, just give the pathetic faggots time.
>>
>>388218497
weird to me the cannon build is the ghost demon build of corvo (bend time blink high agility) but i think no matter what build that level is just of shit.
>>
>>388218917
add my home board /out to that list because they just shit up that fucking board and act incredulous when everyone starts calling them out on their shit.
>>
>this is what a goty looks like, according to arkanefags itt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvfzU7EjrS0
>>
>>388218553
>him
>>
>>388218917
>ugh freaking /pol/tards ruin everything DX
>>
>>388219256
>all that space in the top left.
>they cover her knife hand and most interesting feature with talking heads.

whyyyyy?
>>
File: 1465766978353.jpg (683KB, 1793x651px) Image search: [Google]
1465766978353.jpg
683KB, 1793x651px
>>388213830
this is you right now. grow the fuck up. I can't imagine it bothering the kind of person who browses 4chan
>>
>>388218147
>basically cut the level in half
you mean getting to jindosh through the maintenance near the elevator?
not really, well if you were doing non stealth run you can shoot the door but if not you need the key which you have to find.
>>
>>388218917
Everyone who visited those boards also goes on pol. Don't be so triggered your ideology is dying.
>>
>>388210649
Another game where the protagonist is a black woman and the main villain is a white male? Just what we needed!
>>
>>388213183
Nobody cares about this shitty nigger game.
>>
>>388210649
WE
>>
>>388219812
The only thing worse than them are the pathetic faggots who support their lazy as shit "trolling" because they believe 4chan is about the "lulz" or some other newfag shit they were fooled into believing. They are fucking astroturfed fuckwits, same fuckwits that ruined Digg and Reddit and a plethora of other forums. If they stayed on their containment board where they belong I would really have no problem with them. The issue is they have been raiding every other popular board with their dog shit posting for years and the spineless gooks who moderate this site are too pussy or too incompetent to do anything about it.
>>
>>388213830
4chan is pol
>>
hasn't every game with a nigger protag but HTA flopped? hmmm
>>
>>388220387
You lie. Even if they did, they do not go to /pol/ with the express intention of bringing their boards drama and memes into it. That is literally all /pol/ does, they drag /pol/ memes into other boards to try to get more visibility/popularity. It's fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>388219949

I just pointed out that it was fucking stupid of this anon to post about /pol/ and how amazing it is that there were no /pol/tards in this thread. Such remarks are almost like an invite for shitposting. I never said that any of those posts bothers me, I don't treat those people seriously.
>>
>>388220540
sounds like...you need your own space of some kind...one safe from things that trigger you...a safe space, if you will...
>>
>>388220828
>lel triggered cuck snowflake libtard hyuk hyuk

Like I said, lazy, not even good trolling because you actually believe these boards are here for you to troll and not for us to talk about video games. God I wish you fucking retards were aborted.
>>
guys /pol/ REALLY triggers me so much I bring it up all the time and whine about /pol/ nonstop and out of nowhere. /pol/ /pol/ /pol/ god I /pol/ they trigger me so hard BTW would you /pol/ fucks stop talking about politics on this board that's what /pol/ is for STOP TALKING ABOUT FUCKING POLITICS /POL/TARDS fuck drumpf and fuck white people
>>
>>388213183

YOU KILLED THIS THREAD ANON CONGRATS
>>
>>388220943
triggered hard
>>
damnit another thread gone to shit becasue fucking /pol/...

>>388219978
before the thread is fully derailed--- is that the only stealth path? it just seemed like a long ass walk around where i missed like 20 rooms.
>>
>>388221049
fuck drumpf and fuck white people #resist
>>
can we get mods to start banning the leftypol/reddit retards crying about /pol/ all the time?
>>
>>388219084
and /k/, and /lit/ and .... basically they are a cult of shitty fucking trolls with nothing better to do than bring up why they hate niggers in a thread about cooking or superman or something else.I've put up with it for years thinking it would just blow over, but it's only gotten worse. The kids see them do it then they start doing it, next thing you know you can't even talk about shit without politics being dragged into it. Even wanted to talk about video games on /v/ makes you a "libtard" now.
>>
>>388221369
reddit.com/r/games
there you go kid, a safe space
>>
>>388221369
We have always been here cuck. The left caused this with their regressive ideology. Neogaf might me more to your liking.
>>
>>388221364

Sure, there are some unreasonable leftist cunts on /v/ that are derailing threads, but 95% of time it's the alt-right kids making it impossible to have a normal thread on video games.

I can't imagine not being able to notice this, unless you are clearly biased.
>>
>>388221974

Sure, there are some unreasonable right wing cunts on /v/ that are derailing threads, but 95% of time it's the alt-left kids making it impossible to have a normal thread on video games.

I can't imagine not being able to notice this, unless you are clearly biased.

nice reddit spacing by the way
>>
I can't play dishonored 2 because of the amount of fucking collectables. I want to turn off the HUD elements and just explore and play my own way without running around and hunting down any colletables I don't naturally find, but then I'll miss out on upgrades.

Should I just CE myself all the charms and runes so I can actually enjoy this game
>>
>>388221843

Not really, I've been here since 2006 and while there was always a lot of shitposting and black humour with hardly any limits now you've got alt-right cucks derailing every thread with female/nigger/faggot character in the game or/and in any case where they feel endangered by scary leftist ideology.
>>
>>388221007
Triggered /pol/tard spotted
>>
>>388223107
triggered snowflake spotted
>>
>>388224086
Triggered snowflake spotted
>>
>>388224407
so we both agree that you're a special snowflake. that's that.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.