[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Pyre, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: Pyre.jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Pyre.jpg
48KB, 460x215px
How do you feel about Pyre, /v/?
>>
>>388208975
I think it's great, perhaps the best Supergiant game yet.
>>
Was anyone else a little disappointed that you just got to leave at the end after being told you couldn't?
I mean you have to cuck two people in the process but it still felt like a cop out
>>
>>388210734
does it even change the ending if you leave?
>>
>>388210734
I beat it twice and I never let the selfless Reader be liberated. What happens when you leave anyway?
>>
File: 1hope.jpg (30KB, 133x160px) Image search: [Google]
1hope.jpg
30KB, 133x160px
>>388211083
i'm about to find out in my second playthrough, i imagine there are a few lines about fulfilling best boy hedwyn's promise

>>388209990
pretty much this
pretty amazing how they made the small number of choices you have all feel significant
>>
File: Sandra.jpg (46KB, 503x451px) Image search: [Google]
Sandra.jpg
46KB, 503x451px
>>388211083
>>388210889
I have no context for what happens in the other ending. Though I imagine from what I saw, it changes characters ending text here and there (aswell as your personal ending obviously).
I only took the option since it seemed like a 2 for 1 since I had best girl in my pocket.
>>
>>388211357
>Hedwyn
He was among the first to be liberated by me, I think I'll make him the last to be freed just so I can bond with him more next time.

Man, I can't wait for more content or DLC.
>>
>>388208975
It's a great game, but I have somewhat mixed feelings about it.

Before launch, I was extremely skeptical. The gameplay didn't look very interesting to me and the VN-like approach to the story didn't convince me either.

When I actually played it, my initial impression was extremely positive. The gameplay was smooth, original, and surprisingly deep for such a simple concept. The music was fucking perfect. The story wasn't the best but still interesting, the setting and lore were cool, and the characters were maybe a bit underdeveloped but still very good for what they were. After finishing the game for the first time, I was convinced this would be my GOTY.

And then I played through it a second time. A lot of the thing sI thought before are still true. The gameplay is still good, the music is still GOAT, the writing was still very competent. But the thing that made me take it off the GOAT shortlist is that your choices mean nothing. I later did a playthrough where I lost every single match on purpose, and this confirmed it. The story doesn't change one bit, no matter what you choose. Whether or not you set a character free only changes a single line in their ending, everything else stays the same. Whether you make Volfred's Plan fail or succeed only changes how the revolution happens, the final result is exactly the same.

It's still a good game, mind you. I wouldn't want to suggest otherwise. But for a game that seemingly prides itself on open-endedness and freedom of choice, it's an extremely linear experience that only has a single possible ending with some very minor variations, which really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Sandra is still mai waifu though.
>>
needs more r34
>>
>>388212286
yeah, the plan % only really affecting how violent the revolution ends up being kind of irked me too, i would have liked it a bit better if failure dictated that the commonwealth has to trudge along for a bit longer, maybe with some conciliatory words by the voice if you choose to let it survive

fundamentally though it's a character-driven narrative, characters and the want to see them succeed/fail are what drive you to progress in the rites and the story

i can kind of understand not having a "revolution fails" ending because it's a one-man writing team and there's just so much dialogue involved in the ending that having another set of endings with totally different outcomes for most characters would likely be infeasible
>>
>>388212571
More like nonexistent, I haven't seen any goddammit.
>>
>>388213308
I've seen a couple of really shitty Jodariel sketches, but that's it.
>>
>>388213308
iirc someone drew Jodariel pegging Hedwyn
also saw Rukey fucking Hedwyn but didn't save it
Hedwyn is totes the slut of the Nightwings, just use him as you see fit - he's no deserter
desu I wanna see Hedwyn fucking Rukey fucking Jodariel
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (583KB, 1000x999px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
583KB, 1000x999px
>>388213308
>>
>>388213470
>>388213483
I just want Pamitha or Sandra.
>>
>>388213785
The length of those legs implies Jodariel is way smaller than she actually is, and that's NO GOOD
>>
File: sandrasketch.jpg (228KB, 1500x1640px) Image search: [Google]
sandrasketch.jpg
228KB, 1500x1640px
>>388214015
she's holding you on one of those boxes that small characters are always standing on in their sprites
>>
I keep developing these vidya crushes on warrior girls like Jodariel.

What a qt
>>
>>388214669
Although Sandra is good, too
>>
>>388213785
Not even close but seeing Jodariel smiling is really uncanny.
>>
File: 1488080438064.jpg (18KB, 264x379px) Image search: [Google]
1488080438064.jpg
18KB, 264x379px
Was anyone else disappointed there wasn't some sort of big reveal/twist?
I was honestly expecting some moment where it turns out it all was a ritual that was going to reawaken the titans, and thats why all those titans in the starts were appearing or atleast some explanation that made the voice in the sky have actual motives where he's not just a huge doucher.
I understand that the narrative was character focused, but it kinda felt a little one dimensional outside of it.
>>
>>388214973
but anon
she is smiling a few times in game
>>
What team did you guys run with?

Towards the end I used Sandalwood because the AI doest know how to handle his sap, bertrude for her ability to cast through walls, and gilman for just being too good at banishment.

I wanted to keep Jodi for longer, but I sent her away as the second liberation
>>
>>388215219
Yes, while maintaining her strict no nonsense visage and only on special occasion.
>>
>>388208975
I thought the game lacked edge. When I heard you were making a sports team out of exiled convicts I was expecting to lead a rabid bunch of Murderous baby rapists and it would be like trying to walk several stray cats. Instead the worst I got was essentially a terrorist who foiled their own plot. The commonwealth doesnt seem all that bad when the one of the worst offenders you have is a dog who pissed on some statue.
>>
Did anyone find any success with Ti'zo? I had him permanently benched because of how useless he felt. Slow, dumb attack, and flying that is outpaced by pamitha
>>
>>388215563
I played on PS4. The gorgon lady was god tier but sprinting crushes the framerate to single digits. Sandalwood was pure garbage
>>
>>388215080
I think that's a trap people fall into when narrative gets thick - they tend to think there HAS to be some kind of TWEEST at some point.
I didn't think so at all, and enjoyed every last bit of the story.
And he does have motives, he can't let people know the Rites are supposed to basically be criminal re-education games where the winners come back and lead society -
>>388215887
>Sandalwood is pure garbage
Aside Bertrude he's the most broken character in the game, are you retarded
>>
>>388215815
Once you got his special talisman and max it out he'll be able to fly and sprint without consuming stamina.
>>
>>388215815
2 ways to play him
Getting his relic makes his dash cost no stamina.
One way to play him is upgrade his damage dealt to the Pyre and just zip through enemies to reach it super fast.
The other is to get the portal on death and explosion on death upgrades and zip to near the pyre then die killing at least 1 enemy and making a heavy weight like Jodariel or Sandalwood go in the portal then score a goal.
>>
>>388213785

imagine pounding her asshole and hearing the noise she makes with her demon toned down voice
>>
>>388216019
>Aside Bertrude he's the most broken character in the game, are you retarded
Couldnt find a way to make him useful so he was just dead weight. His reflect shield was great though.
>>
>>388216019
>>388215887
Sandalwood is by far the best defensive character in the game.

It's just that defense doesn't mean much when you've got characters that make scoring trivial (like Pamitha) or that can easily wipe out the enemy team (like Bertrude).
>>
>>388215703
That is why the commonwealth is so bad because they exile people for shitty and nonsensical reasons. Fae was exiled just because she didn't have a formal education for Christ's sake
>>
>>388216372
Fae was exiled because she was a retard with no guardians.
>>
>>388216285
Fully unique-talisman'd Sandalwood can blink twice and cross right into the enemy's pyre with jack-all effort tho
And since it's a blink, he can't be jump-interrupted either
>>
>>388215703
desertion and not killing pows are pretty serious crimes, but the characters those crimes are attached to are so nice it kind of diminishes their wrongdoing

>>388215815
flutter not being any faster than walk speed(without masteries) seems bad at first until you realize that you can easily dodge over aura casts and just sprint into people with your BIG IMP AURA

only people you can't reliably outplay are demons/saps, who you can banish with implode
>>
>>388215703
The worst offender is that one harpy who wanted to destroy the Commonwealth by doing endless skirmishes and attacked its capital city which killed many people. Or those crazy cultists who worshiped a dead god and actively doing their best to resurrect his rotting carcass.
>>
Shitty "minigame" gameplay, nice plot, characters, art and music.
>>
>>388215703
Supergiant make cuddly games about likable people. They're never edgy.

They always want their characters to be redeemable, deep down. Some people are rotten, but never to the core.

>>388216567
So what have we got, there's
>shirked war duty
>refused to kill babies
>lost a battle
>Felt guilty
>is homeless and autistic
>political meddling (for a good cause)

>>388216791
They illegal but not necessarily immoral.
>>
File: IMG_4070.gif (804KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4070.gif
804KB, 300x300px
>>388216235
>>
>>388216791
>not killing POWs
Jodariel didn't just save POWs, she saved noncombantant CHILDREN who were going to be executed just for being Harpies
The Harpy slaughter was so thorough they lost all their dude harpies
It's a shame, I would've loved to see a male one for once
>>
File: autistic girl.jpg (6KB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
autistic girl.jpg
6KB, 200x171px
What's her name /v/?
>>
>>388216896
I don't remember all of them exactly, but IIRC it was something like this:
>Reader: Being able to read.
>Hedwyn: Abandoning his post.
>Rukey: Smuggling.
>Jodariel: Refusing orders.
>Mae: Being homeless.
>Tizo: n/a
>Deluge: Following his retarded commander.
>Pamitha: Being a Harp.
>Volfred: Spreading revolutionary propaganda.
>Bertrude: Being an accomplice to Volfred.
>>
>>388217301
>lost all their dude harpies
Actually one is left and referred as the prince, imagine having a harem full of feathery fighters craving for your bird cock.
>>
File: am I retarded.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
am I retarded.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>388217530
And by Deluge I mean Gilman, of course.
>>
>>388217451
Always bet on Bae.
>>
>>388217632
IIRC Pamitha says she doesn't even know if the Prince really exists.
>>
>>388217530
Gilman went on his own beccause he felt guilty over his unit dying under Deluge's asshattery. Pamitha also exiled herself I think to follow her sister.
>>
>>388217451
Her name is Dwayne the Rock Johnson do you like her movies?
>>
>>388217632
Didn't Pamitha say they're not actually sure if the Harpy Prince survived or not because he vanished?
I just wanna see what male Harpies look like.
Maybe they're kinda inverted, with bird heads/faces or beaks and wings on their back with talon hands, but from the underarms down they're humanoid
>>388217790
Pamitha got exiled because she tried to argue -for- her sister's sake and they just slapped her in the face, clipped her wings and sent her down too.
>>
>>388217451
It's Mae.

There's a way to prove this as well. Delete the game and all save data, so it doesn't have a name stored. Reinstall, and start a new game. BEFORE you recruit her, exit the game and start a skirmish match. Select the girl for your team. Since you haven't given her a name yet, it uses the default, which is Mae.

There's another, more circumstantial hint in that the game constantly calls her Moontouched, and the only name that uses that as the default nickname is Mae the Moontouched.
>>
>>388217762
hopefully harps will follow hedwyn and fikani's example and breed with nomads to continue their race
>>
>>388218084
Nomads are just mutant Harps who grew arms instead of wings, so that's entirely possible.
>>
>>388217762
Then how do they reproduce?

>>388217895
It was said that humans were descendant from harpies, so I think it's no different from human males.
>>
>>388218304
nah, then they wouldn't be harpies and they probably would've self-slaughtered their own males if they just looked human since they went to brutal blood wars with them
>>
>>388218304
they don't, they're a dying species
>>
File: WIT_pyre15-620x349.jpg (30KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
WIT_pyre15-620x349.jpg
30KB, 620x349px
Who is best girl and why is it Bertrude?
>>
>>388218443
>>388218473
I didn't know if this was confirmed in the game. Is it possible for harpies to procreate with ordinary men?
>>
>>388218785
The game doesn't say anything about it being possible, but considering there are several sources claiming that nomads/humans are descended from harps it's at least a theoretical possibility.
>>
>>388208975
Feels good. The sportsball is legit fun, the story and world are interesting and the characters are all nice.

>>388218621
Considering that humans are supposedly descended from harps and that Hedwyn's waifu is a harp, probably so. In fact I'd be willing to guess that the fall of the Commonwealth, the harps' need for males to breed with and possibly Hedwyn's influence will lead to a lot of human/harp relationships.
>>
>>388218621
next playthrough i'm going to try to set up that fight with bertrude early on so i can actually use that permanent -5 hope in a liberation rite

bretty cool scene though
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.