[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DW 8, Samurai Warriors: SoS and Warriors Orochi 2 on Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: DW Switch.jpg (169KB, 1200x347px) Image search: [Google]
DW Switch.jpg
169KB, 1200x347px
'Sup /v/, Koei-Tecmo just announced those 3 titles on Switch. I've only played Hyrule Warriors on Wii U and I wouldn't mind trying an other musō.
I know that Fire Emblem Warriors is coming in a few weeks, but since I know nothing on Dynasty Warriors, I'd like to have your opinion on these three games. If I had to buy one, which one and why?
>>
>>388198479
Dynasty = Romance of the three kingdoms
Samurai = Japanense history
Orochi = Both games in a what if

Up to you really, but I would personally tell you to wait for the new Dynasty Warriors since they are basically rebooting it. That won't be out for a while though so you'll have to wait on that but it's the one I'd recommend if you had to choose one.
>>
File: 1503642488457.png (431KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
1503642488457.png
431KB, 710x473px
NEVER FORGET
>>
>>388198479
Out of all of those ports, Warriors Orochi 3 will probably be the most optimized.
>>
>>388198884
Understood, I'll stick with Fire Emblem Warriors for now. I hope the new Dynasty Warriors will also be announced on Switch, but since it's the 5th (I think, with Nobunaga's Ambition) game they port, I'm not afraid.
Thank you!
>>388199209
Isn't it the older of the three ?
>>
>>388199590
Warriors Orochi 3 is older, but it has the most content.
It's got story mode, duel mode, edit levels, gauntlet mode, character color editor, etc
It has the biggest roster of characters, 145 to choose from.
>>
>>388198479
>average
>didn't play
>absolutely boring

I choose the fourth option, sticking to Hyrule Warrior.
>>
>>388198479
I would suggest WO3U, I really want to play that game myself with lots of content for a musou game but I don't have a console. If you know a bit of RoTK and the Sengoku Period you will appreciate this game more

Empires is just Dynasty Warriors with kingdom management with no story, unless you make one up yourself by roleplaying, could get boring quick though

Sanada Maru I am not sure since I don't play that much of the Samurai Warriors series, but it focuses a lot on the Sanada clan?
>>
>>388199959
I see. I don't know a thing about the Sengoku Period but I read two volumes of the RoTK many years ago.
>Empires is just Dynasty Warriors with kingdom management with no story
In that case, I'm afraid it wouldn't be my cup of tea.
>>388199727
Sounds great!
>>388199901
Compared to the other anons, what would you find boring in Warriors Orochi 3?
>>
>DW8
It's a lot of fun. I recommend it and obviously you should get the complete edition with the XL expansion. The Lu Bu campaign is maybe the best what-if storyline in the series.

>Spirit of Sanada
It's... short. I'm a fan of Yukimura and especially Masayuki (who I've wanted in SW for years). But it's focussed on the Takeda and Sanada and not much else. Not being able to do battles on the opposing side like a mainline game is a huge drawback.

>WO3U
Is a lot of fun but the roster is kind of dizzying to explore. I guess I'd suggest you play this one if it ever gets on Wii3.
Additionally, I am a weaponfag and WO3U is dear to me because it has its own unique weapon set including fucking SW which have been reusing the same goddamn weapons assets since SW2.

Best introductory DW game is DW5. Best introductory SW game is probably SW2 though SW1 has best ambience.
>>
>>388201172
unique *ultimate weapon set
I mean
>>
>>388201172
>you should get the complete edition with the XL expansion
All the DLC/expansions are included, if the news I read are correct.

I made a mistake, it's Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires which will be on Switch. Didn't know DW8 and DW8E were two different games, I thought it was some kind of complete edition. In that case, I'll stick with >>388199959 post for DW8E assuming it's different of DW8.

Anyway, many thanks for your advices, anons. Will definitly pick up Warriors Orochi 3 and maybe DW9 if I'm hooked.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.